Bush is a hero

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#139588 Jul 24, 2012
I wouldn't be surprised to learn that a few theaters have had metal detectors for several years already.

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#139590 Jul 24, 2012
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>I really doubt theater owners will begin typically allowing guns in their theaters. But I also think theater owners either have or soon will sit up and take notice of what this massacre means for them. I predict that within a year, two at the outside, most theaters will be equipped with metal detectors, like the ones airports and courts have, that you must pass through in order to get inside the theater.
Not all theaters take the stand against conceal carry that this one did. A metal detector would not have worked with this guy. He brought his guns in the emergency door.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#139591 Jul 24, 2012
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama didn't just shrug his shoulders. He called for Mubarak to step down.
And?

The situation in Egypt with the Mubarak regime was unsustainable. He was going, and it was not within the power of the United States of America to stop it.

The only way Mubarak could have even attempted to stay in power is to do what Assad is doing in Syria - and that would not be in the interests of anyone, including the United States and Israel.

(I suppose I should also mention the Egyptians, it being their country and all.)

The United States didn't have the option of 'shrugging its shoulders'.

Since: Aug 07

South Central Virginia

#139592 Jul 24, 2012
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
From Walid Shoebat:
Al-Liwa Al-Arabi (translated here) claims to have leaked an extensive list, which was partially published by Al-Jazeera and several other major Arab newspapers. The detailed list included Huma’s mother, Saleha Abedin, as belonging to the Brotherhood’s secret women's division known as the Muslim Sisterhood or what is known as the International Women's Organization (IWO). Egyptian Al-Dostor revealed that the Sisternood included 63 International members that span 16 different countries; it's also confirmed by the Arab Centre for Studies, headed by researcher Abdul Rahim Ali. Neither Huma nor any major western media outlet even mention what is common knowledge in the Arab world. Yet, confirmed by Arab sources – is that Huma Abedin has a brother named Hassan Abedin who works at Oxford University...
... the “Clinton family” played a key role in promoting the extremely powerful Turkish Imam and notorious Islamist conspirator Fethullah Gülen, as he fled Turkey for the United States after attempting to overthrow Turkey's secular government, a charge over which he was indicted in 2000. In 2008, the former president heaped praise on Gülen, giving him a clean slate. Gülen is given refuge and has even had his sermons aired on Turkish television, during which he explained to his followers how to best seize power from the Turkish government:
“You must move in the arteries of the system without anyone noticing your existence until you reach all the power centers... until the conditions are ripe... Until that time, any step taken would be too early – like breaking an egg without waiting the full forty days for it to hatch. It would be like killing the chick inside.”
Gülen expressed this sentiment in another sermon as well:
“The philosophy of our service is that we open a house somewhere and, with the patience of a spider, we lay our web to wait for people to get caught in the web; and we teach those who do.”
http://www.shoebat.com/documents/secretConnec...
Who is Walid Shoebat? http://www.shoebat.com/shoebat-foundation/who...
She needs to be looked at very carefully.
And the proper avenue for that, unless she has been charged with something, is those that take of her security clearence. Further, her mother teaches college so it should be relatively easy to find out what she is up to.

Finally, is the this the guy that someone assisted with exiting Turkey? And was the young lady involved in that as well?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fethullah_Gulen_...

Are you really believing this? Or you just trying to make points with DS?

South Central Virginia

#139593 Jul 24, 2012
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
From Walid Shoebat:
Al-Liwa Al-Arabi (translated here) claims to have leaked an extensive list, which was partially published by Al-Jazeera and several other major Arab newspapers. The detailed list included Huma’s mother, Saleha Abedin, as belonging to the Brotherhood’s secret women's division known as the Muslim Sisterhood or what is known as the International Women's Organization (IWO). Egyptian Al-Dostor revealed that the Sisternood included 63 International members that span 16 different countries; it's also confirmed by the Arab Centre for Studies, headed by researcher Abdul Rahim Ali. Neither Huma nor any major western media outlet even mention what is common knowledge in the Arab world. Yet, confirmed by Arab sources – is that Huma Abedin has a brother named Hassan Abedin who works at Oxford University...
... the “Clinton family” played a key role in promoting the extremely powerful Turkish Imam and notorious Islamist conspirator Fethullah Gülen, as he fled Turkey for the United States after attempting to overthrow Turkey's secular government, a charge over which he was indicted in 2000. In 2008, the former president heaped praise on Gülen, giving him a clean slate. Gülen is given refuge and has even had his sermons aired on Turkish television, during which he explained to his followers how to best seize power from the Turkish government:
“You must move in the arteries of the system without anyone noticing your existence until you reach all the power centers... until the conditions are ripe... Until that time, any step taken would be too early – like breaking an egg without waiting the full forty days for it to hatch. It would be like killing the chick inside.”
Gülen expressed this sentiment in another sermon as well:
“The philosophy of our service is that we open a house somewhere and, with the patience of a spider, we lay our web to wait for people to get caught in the web; and we teach those who do.”
http://www.shoebat.com/documents/secretConnec...
Who is Walid Shoebat? http://www.shoebat.com/shoebat-foundation/who...
She needs to be looked at very carefully.
Quick, what years did McCartney die and Bachman was born?

http://www.twincities.com/politics/ci_2111944...

Colorado

#139594 Jul 24, 2012
okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
... But I also pointed out this individual has been on Clinton's staff since 1996 so she would already have been through the investigation process twice (at least) for a security clearance.
This was not an issue at all until the Muslim Brotherhood became a topic in Egypt, otherwise why wait 18 year of her being with Clinton, 3 of which were as Secretary of State.
In other words, a little late in the game unless she was investigating all the others first.
I suspect that Bachman likes her name in the lights like most politicians.
Alger Hiss

South Central Virginia

#139595 Jul 24, 2012
Ds Higgins1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The socalled "silent treatment" is what YOU have been talking about, Willie. But I don't know what that has to do with me...? I reserve the right to respond or not respond to any poster, the way I choose.
In the case of the Virginia-loon, I have stated clearly that I despise and won't respond to him on ANY of the issues, or even on the non-issues. But since he seems bent on responding to everything I say, I will periodically use those posts, by him, to remind him just how odious he is to me.
I find it quite telling that you seemingly aren't able to grasp the obvious here.
This is a first. Before it was all about ignoring. Now you have graduated to selected responses..........what is the difference between that and what you did the last 20 posts with Willie?

Colorado

#139596 Jul 24, 2012
okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
Quick, what years did McCartney die and Bachman was born?
http://www.twincities.com/politics/ci_2111944...
Last I heard McCartney was still doing concerts. Did he die? I am so bummed.

South Central Virginia

#139597 Jul 24, 2012
Ds Higgins1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, this much evidence will only be ignored, and even impugned by some on the left, including many in this very thread.
The left? You should look at those on the right. Republican rule the House, if the Republican committee wants to investigate this they can do so tomorrow. Perhaps though after discussing women's reproductive rights without calling any women to testify that they have used up their quota of stupidity for an election year.

This reminds me of the spending issue, if the House did not pass the spending they would not be able to complain about the spending.

South Central Virginia

#139598 Jul 24, 2012
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopefully these guys will read and stop being so politically blind. I am not saying that Huma is part of a plot. I am saying that she is, by family ties, very close to people who are enemies of the United States. That she has ties to the upper echelon of government should make everyone sit up and take notice.
I would suggest that you contact those Republicans on the committee with Bachman. The fact is, whether or not you convince everyone on this thread, there will not be an investigation until the Republicans in the House want one. There is nothing the Democrats in the House can do to stop it.

So it is Republicans holding up the investigation.

Do you think this is like they do on spending? If they did not approve the spending they could not complain about the spending.

If they investigate this lady, they can't complain there is no investigation.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#139599 Jul 24, 2012
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Alger Hiss
That's the spin, but it sounds a whole lot more like Irving Peress to me.

South Central Virginia

#139600 Jul 24, 2012
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Would Muslim Brotherhood have meant anything to anyone back in 1996?
It would have in 2006/7 when she would have been reinvestigated for a low level clearence. This of course assumes she was not reinvestigated for a higher level clearence.

Have you considered a known tie effectively breaks any connection just as surely as outing Valerie Plame caused discomfort for people who had talked to her years earlier? Once she is connected to them she is of no good to them. They can not trust anything she gives them because it could b a trap, a bug, a computor worm or false information.

Now surely DS knows all this and has just chosen to keep quiet for political reasons.

BTW: The Good Major opened the military's eyes to a lot of things. It was still Soldier on Soldier just as surely as the young Soldier rolling the grenade under the tent before the war started.

South Central Virginia

#139601 Jul 24, 2012
Ds Higgins1 wrote:
Speaking of "short-term memory", wasn't there another case ofa leftwing loon attacking a church, before he was shot by a woman, who happened to have a CCW? If I'm not mistaken, that incident also took place in Colorado.
But ultimately, I believe commonsense will win out in this debate, because even as we speak, applications for CCP are way up in many US states, since that loon attacked the soft-target theater.
Just as I predicted they would go up. Then people feel safe, then conspicuous, then silly, then they stop carrying.

Colorado

#139602 Jul 24, 2012
She is not just pulling things out to get attention but it is a result of evidence of Muslim Brotherhood of the Federal Government. Evidence was introduced at the Holy Land Foundation Trial that caused everyone to take another look at those in government.

Here is the link to Michele Bachmann's letter to Keith Ellison.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/100225465/Michele-B...

This is information regarding the hearings of the Holy Land Foundation.
http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2008/10/fbi-c...

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#139603 Jul 24, 2012
okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
It would have in 2006/7 when she would have been reinvestigated for a low level clearence. This of course assumes she was not reinvestigated for a higher level clearence.
Have you considered a known tie effectively breaks any connection just as surely as outing Valerie Plame caused discomfort for people who had talked to her years earlier? Once she is connected to them she is of no good to them. They can not trust anything she gives them because it could b a trap, a bug, a computor worm or false information.
Now surely DS knows all this and has just chosen to keep quiet for political reasons.
BTW: The Good Major opened the military's eyes to a lot of things. It was still Soldier on Soldier just as surely as the young Soldier rolling the grenade under the tent before the war started.
Huh?

OKB, unless you are trying to shut down the possibility of meaningful discussion even further, why even mention Valerie Plame's name?

As to your other point, about known ties ... don't you think you're getting way too hypothetical (not to mention Tom Clancy-like) here, given that no reason to suspect the person hasn't been properly vetted exists in the first place?

Since: Nov 09

USA

#139604 Jul 24, 2012
Chris Clearwater wrote:
Sorry, here is your bill. Good thing we passed this Nancy!
CBO to employers: Obamacare has $4B more in taxes than expected
http://washingtonexaminer.com/cbo-to-employer...
And if ObamaCareTax is ever fully enacted, 30 million people will still be without coverage.....

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#139605 Jul 24, 2012
okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as I predicted they would go up. Then people feel safe, then conspicuous, then silly, then they stop carrying.
Aside from bitterness at not being accepted into a missionary program that apparently led him to hate the church, I don't know of anything 'left wing' about the person who went on a killing spree involving a missionary group and New Life Church in Colorado.

USA

#139606 Jul 24, 2012
I really appreciate the speech Romney gav before the VFW today. He was an absolute statesman.... 'least when you compare him to Obama.

USA

#139607 Jul 24, 2012
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>But if that's true, why is the 'right' fulminating against Sharia Law? Theocracy can't happen here? What are you so worried about Muslims for then?
Huh?
Well thats a totally different kind of animal, that Jihadi-wing. There is no written plan by conservative, to institute a theocracy. And if that doesn't convince you, conservatives have been in the catbird seat a few times, with no such attempts. But Islamic leaders, on numerous occasions, have made their intentions known, for a caliphate and also for Sharia...

Colorado

#139608 Jul 24, 2012
okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
And the proper avenue for that, unless she has been charged with something, is those that take of her security clearence. Further, her mother teaches college so it should be relatively easy to find out what she is up to.
Finally, is the this the guy that someone assisted with exiting Turkey? And was the young lady involved in that as well?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fethullah_Gulen_...
Are you really believing this? Or you just trying to make points with DS?
No one has accused her of being involved in anything. They want her more fully vetted regarding the Muslim Brotherhood.

Would you please stop using Wikki for a serious debate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min Steve III 650,769
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min NoStress4me 56,390
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Hoss 971,896
what color panties are you guys wearing????????... 25 min str8npanty 3
Have a wonderful weekend..4REAL 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr Aussie Kev 2,360
Is Satan behind mixed-race relationships? 1 hr Doctor REALITY 2
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 45,006
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 3 hr Ajay 74
More from around the web