Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Do what you gota do. I get his background and have no clue what his life is like as I've had an easy life. That said I see no excuse to smear a race or religion of people as he just did. I WILL NOT ignore it.
You don't have a 'moral' leg to stand on, chris. You smear people all the time, but dress it up in your 'christian' gowns, and call it morality. It's no different than what I just said about the mormons. I've been in their church, and sat in on Bisopric meetings, listening to how they would change things if they could get in power. And I know that acquiring money is their Top priority, because money in great amounts brings great power, especially in this country.
Just because they call themselves 'cristians' doesn't automatically make them good people. Not all christians are good people, and not all good people are christians. You beiung christian does ramp up your irritability scale off the charts, if only because you throw it in everybody's face when you try to disguise your opinion as 'faith'.
I make no apology for what I've seen, heard, and know about that particu;lar 'religion', and if you have a problem with that, then tuff noogies.

Since: Nov 09

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>Well, you DO kind of have that effect on people... ;)
Heh heh heh.... Whenever the argument starts, my wife and kids get some desserts and find a comfy seat. My nephews' wife is the main nemesis. A sweet yound lady, great mom, but absolutely loaded with political-puffery. She is the typical Northeastern educated liberal (Product of Brown University).... Its gonna take me another decade to decode her. Or maybe since she's a mom, she'll prolly have an epiphany...:)

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Even if he says those things to start a flame war?
Flame War? Yaaaaahooooo! Where? When?

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Even if he says those things to start a flame war?
I don't see it that way. I see it more like someone saying "I hate my father, he was an sob." I don't think too many would say "You are just wrong for hating your father" because we respect the personal experience someone has. Flame war? I don't think so.

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry. No war today. I said something about the mormons, and willie and chris got their panties in a bunch over it. Wasn't even 'bad'. I told OKB he should attend a mormon church service, just to see how they operate.
I must admit that I'm not privy to their whole 'Ideal' because I never graduated to the magic underwear. I've seen 'em, though. One of the chores I had to do while I was a houseboy in a mormon home, was laungering. Had to wash clothers, dry them, and fluff and fold all of it. Never learned how to fold the dern things. Always got bitched at for folding them wrong. Funny thing was, I folded them exactly how they told me to.

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I don't even know what to say to that, Higgins. I've never heard anyone say that or anything like it, let alone anyone who should be taken seriously.
I've heard and know there is criticism and suspicion of him because of his wealth, but I have never heard anyone do so in the terms you're using. That criticism/suspicion alone does not mean the person doing the criticism of him is putting it the moral terms you're using.
So ... give me an example of someone who says Romney is immoral because of his wealth, and puts it in those terms, and we can talk about it.
Its not just Romney who is cast as "immoral", Willie, but virtually everyone in the despised "1-percent"... If you've missed it, maybe you should go see Rachel Maddow, or any Occupy Wallstreet protest...
Lost In Transition

Venus, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh for pete sake, soone has ever released more than two years. if I were Romney, I'd say to obama "I will if you will" It would be interesting to see just what type of deductions Obama took.
If I were Romney, I'd pull a Pelosi on obamacare.
You have to vote for me to see what's in it.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have a 'moral' leg to stand on, chris. You smear people all the time, but dress it up in your 'christian' gowns, and call it morality. It's no different than what I just said about the mormons. I've been in their church, and sat in on Bisopric meetings, listening to how they would change things if they could get in power. And I know that acquiring money is their Top priority, because money in great amounts brings great power, especially in this country.
Just because they call themselves 'cristians' doesn't automatically make them good people. Not all christians are good people, and not all good people are christians. You beiung christian does ramp up your irritability scale off the charts, if only because you throw it in everybody's face when you try to disguise your opinion as 'faith'.
I make no apology for what I've seen, heard, and know about that particu;lar 'religion', and if you have a problem with that, then tuff noogies.
I see. So in your mind its ok to pretend what you have heard should apply to all people of a faith or race? Last week a black guy cut me off in traffic BH. So what? All it proves is at the time that guy wasn't a very good driver. In truth I pity anyone that could be so small minded. And you bet I stand on what I say.

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm out. I've said what I need to here.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Sorry BH I wrote my response before I saw this and though I disagree with you about Chris, personal experience trumps political correctness. Now me I've met some Mormons mostly younger who just like alot of younger people just can't get a start in life and I've also met some that are dear people, no different than me (I'm very dear :) But what you know is what you know and I respect that.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Ds Higgins1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good points, all, BB. If I was to choose terms that describes Obama, Shameless Hypocrisy would be in the top ten list. Almost everything he accuses Romney of is exactly what he's guilty of. He accuses Romney of not releasing his records, yet he still wont release his shady Rezko real estate deal. Obama and his cronies are also suggesting Romney may be a "felon", yet its Obama who's cozied up with miscreants like Blago, Rezko, Dorn and Michael Klonsky . Like my mama used to say, "show me yer friends and associates, and I'll tell you who you're"....
Wise lady, yer mother.

That's (shameless hypocricy) also standard tactics in Chicago politics (iinm). We know that he'll win the black, hispanic and young vote. Blacks because of the historic relevance, hispanic because of Romney's anti-illegal alien policy, and young because few of them are following the campaigns or the issues on newcasts or print media.

So if I was advising Romney, I'd make sure a better effort was put into reaching those 3 demos, in hopes of drawing some of them off.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm out. I've said what I need to here.
Well OK. How about a flame skirmish? Flame wargames? Practice flaming? C'mon ya gotta gimme somethin'. It's yer Christian duty.
:-)

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Ds Higgins1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not just Romney who is cast as "immoral", Willie, but virtually everyone in the despised "1-percent"... If you've missed it, maybe you should go see Rachel Maddow, or any Occupy Wallstreet protest...
So true. When I still worked at the a/c co a guy shared that pov. In his mind every co. was out to screw people and the Enrons and Mci's/ Worldcoms were the ones just caught. I could not disagree more with that. If so why should anyone try to do better or advance?

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>You know, I felt I might have been too short with my earlier a reply.
I was mistaken. I was right the first time.
For starters, the President did not say anything remotely like what you've been told he said. The President NEVER said that business people didn't build their businesses. That's a lie told by people selling a product, accepted at face value and repeated by the gullible.
He did say "The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together." The 'you didn't build' that was talking about roads, bridges, etc, as any reasonably intelligent person would know if they bothered to check on what the President actually said.
The stuff about the folks who believe the pyramids were built by aliens exemplifying a liberal mindset? I was polite in my original response to this post.
It was just stupid, Higgins, and based on a lie to boot.
Heh heh heh....

Well I see yer intuned with the narrative, Willie. But unfortunately for you and the Obama-spin-machine, the facts speak for themselves.

The fact is that today, even with the millions of miles of highways, hundreds of unsuccessful people use them, daily. But fortunately for us, there are also those who sacrifice their sweat, blood and capital to build America. It was those kinds of Americans who built the Golden gate bridge, and the World Trade Center and Sears tower, and the list goes on...

And before there was ever a guvment road, there were susccessful businesses in the USA. As a matter of fact, even when guvment initiated a project like the interstate system, it was the private ventures that guvment needed to get money to build the highways and byways we routinely use.

But Obama and his minions would have us believe there were frustrated entrepreneurs just sitting around, waiting for a guvment-boulevard in order to build their ventures. Ha!

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, dear.
Heh heh heh....

Willie's now up to speed with the Obama-talking points.....:)

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

<quoted text>
Sorry. No war today. I said something about the mormons, and willie and chris got their panties in a bunch over it. Wasn't even 'bad'. I told OKB he should attend a mormon church service, just to see how they operate.
I must admit that I'm not privy to their whole 'Ideal' because I never graduated to the magic underwear. I've seen 'em, though. One of the chores I had to do while I was a houseboy in a mormon home, was laungering. Had to wash clothers, dry them, and fluff and fold all of it. Never learned how to fold the dern things. Always got bitched at for folding them wrong. Funny thing was, I folded them exactly how they told me to.
IDK about their Underoos, but yeah, I didn't see anything all that malevolent in what you wrote. As you correctly mentioned yesterday tho, I'm not all that bright. Course, that handicap doesn't cause me to lose any sleep. At 64+, I've learned to live with it.
:-0

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>People are claiming that Obama said business people didn't build their businesses.
That's a lie. He said nothing of the sort. I don't see how anyone who took the time to think for themselves and check out what he actually said could come to that conclusion.
Here are his words:
ďIf you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If youíve got a business, you didnít build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didnít get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.
"The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we donít do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires."
Therefore, the ridiculous attempt to assign a 'liberal mindset' to people who believe aliens created the pyramids was based on a complete fabrication, since Obama didn't really say what has been false represented.
Oh dear, indeed.
Heh heh heh....

Willie, I really don't know if I should admire yer efforts, or sympathize with the monumental work you do, daily....:)
I am amazed that you say "its a LIE", when a sitting president said exactly that: "If youíve got a business, you didnít build that. Somebody else made that happen." The fact that roads were built by "someone else" would also be silly, and an unnecessary point to make, since not everyone who uses the roads become succesful business owners, and there were succesful business owners, long before there were guvment-roads... Yes, Oh dear, indeed....:)

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>No, Obama did not say what DS claims.
The only way you can make Obama say what Higgins claims he said is to play word games, to cherry pick one phrase (you didn't build that) and take it completely out of context.
You can't take the 'you didn't built that' into account without considering what he said immediately before - and just three sentences later he clarified it with "The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together."
The statement is banal, trivial, the usual stuff that stump speeches are made of. It's so clearly nothing more than common sense that I have trouble understanding why anyone would try to make something out of it.
Well ... not really.'Tis the season when we try and make nothing into something.
I posted the words in a response to your 'oh dear' comment, so you can read them for yourself if you haven't already. Let me just say this - I don't think I'm the one doing the interpreting here; I think I'm just considering what he said in context. I think a lot of people are superimposing a preconceived notion of what Obama means onto that comment, cherry picking an awkward turn of phrase and attaching disproportionate import to it.
Considering what he said in context is a courtesy I'll be extending to Romney, btw. Any moment now some pundits on 'my side' are going to cherry pick a statement by him, superimpose whatever narrative they've assigned to him onto the 'cherry', and make equally bogus claims about what he 'really meant'.
I'll call that crap too.
When Romney said; "I like being able to fire people", and it was taken out of context, YOU didn't say much about it,'least not that I can recall.... Hmmmmmm?

Since: Aug 07

South Central Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
No shock you turn a blind eye to it as well. Wonder what you would say if he posted this about a Muslim?
Chris, I think you took what I said the wrong way. I can show you churches of almost any of the three faiths that like money. At the time of the Plagues in Europe don't you think the money spent on some of the great Catholic Chapels could have been put to better use caring for the people?

I noted that I knew some Mormans that were not as well off as what he has described. If you remember his story of WalMart, the one's I know gladly shop there. I've sold land to them and conducted other business with them. One is the only other person I graduated with that has been married longer than I have.

I think Morman's have many good values and I have already stated that their emphasis on family is one of the best of the three monotheistic religions.

Muslims have a good take on family as well and a much better emphasis on caring for those in need. However, other things about the faith (the way it is practiced in many places) lead it down paths that only a man could take it. Mostly because it benefits the power of men. Women are almost always at fault, even if they are raped. Which is why when brothers rape their sister(s) and Mom finds out, she kills the daughter to keep honor for the family.

BTW: Most Muslim nations do exactly what you and others preach. There are no government answers for the needy, it is all handled by the church. When American churches step up to the plate and do the same thing here, nationwide, won't it be a glorious day?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Ds Higgins1 wrote:
<quoted text>
When Romney said; "I like being able to fire people", and it was taken out of context, YOU didn't say much about it,'least not that I can recall.... Hmmmmmm?
So, so true.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

660 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Oxbow 532,718
Shock Poll: 40% Still not Sure Obama is America... 7 min Bruno 13
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min It aint necessarily so 720,478
6.5 inches big or small? (Feb '13) 20 min andet1987 4
Why was the cities of sodom and gomorrah burnt ... 46 min Titania 13
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 46 min meman 115,065
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 50 min Walt Tonne 1,525
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Charlie Sheen 256,487
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 3 hr bRB 74
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••