Since: Sep 08

Perryville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Gojira is a good movie this is not the one with Raymond Burr. This uncut version is more about what happens when you use Nuclear Weapons.

Although the film's inciting incident is inspired by the sad fate of the fishing boat Daigo Fukuryū Maru (Lucky Dragon #5), whose crew was exposed to fallout from U.S. nuclear tests at Bikini Atoll.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Judged:

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
My dog has found peace, but my heart will take a while.
The cancer had come back on the same foot and spread everywhere else (nodes, stomach, lungs), and over the last couple days his breathing had become labored enough that he had to stop and rest before and after taking the three steps to the yard.
Called and made the appointment yesterday morning. Even went out and bought him one of his favorite treats - a Steak 'n Shake hamburger - for supper last night.
The vet ended his pain this morning - and did so with incredible compassion for him and for me, for which I am extremely grateful.
Willie, I am so sorry. It will be hard for you I know to be without that unconditional friend. Let us know how it's going. I remember when we had to put our sweet lab down because of cancer and for weeks I saw a flash of her black coat out of the corner of my eye. Thoughts are with you.

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Judged:

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
The cancer had come back on the same foot and spread everywhere else (nodes, stomach, lungs), and over the last couple days his breathing had become labored enough that he had to stop and rest before and after taking the three steps to the yard.
Called and made the appointment yesterday morning. Even went out and bought him one of his favorite treats - a Steak 'n Shake hamburger - for supper last night.
The vet ended his pain this morning - and did so with incredible compassion for him and for me, for which I am extremely grateful.
A good vet is a true blessing. My condolences for your loss, Willie. I hope you find peace yourself when you can. If you believe in Heaven, I think you're likely to believe all dogs go there too - so let's hope you're right, and you'll see him again.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Judged:

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
My condolences. Its not easy saying goodbye to a friend.

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so fast...
"IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD" (about 70 known actors - 154 minutes)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057193/fullcredi...
"MARS ATTACKS" (about 80 known actors - 106 minutes)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116996/fullcredi...
"THE LONGEST DAY" (about 130 known actors - 178 minutes)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056197/fullcredi...
I remember It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad world. Grandaddy loved it, they sure don't make them like that anymore! Good stuff indeed!

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Ds Higgins1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Never was big on musicals, but was able to watch "My Fair Lady" all the way thru.... And even enjoyed it. I can also say the same for "Sound of Music", with Julie Andrews, which I've seen a few times... That one might even qualify as being "artistic"!
:)
My pop loves The Sound of Music. In time I've grown found of it too. Perhaps because it seems movie quality keeps going down? Or is this called getting old? I would rather watch a quality movie or tv show and have a bad picture than todays near perfect picture with what passes as entertainment today. Just build a new movie house within walking distance with the newest thing called dbox. Too bad I can't see a reason to spend the 40.00 bucks for me and the wife to go. And then when I hear of what some of these guys do with the celebrity... Well, sorry to go off on a tangent.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
"KILLER KLOWNS FROM OUTER SPACE"
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095444/
I have to admit that DOES sound like a worthy contender for the "Real Dogs" list :s

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Ds Higgins1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am worried about the fact that I would easily enjoy a weekend of movies, at you or Willie's place...:)
Although I agree about Private Ryan, I cannot bring myself to watch the scene where the big strong German doldier slowly pushed the knife into that GI's chest.... >SHUDDERS<
I couldn't watch that scene again, either :s

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
And to be clear Chris, I am not saying that because you are a Christian. I am saying that because of the way you conduct yourself as a Christian.
No problem, I do not answer to you. We have been down this road before and we agree each will give an account. I've never been less than honest in how I feel. I see you as a person that has a goal of smearing people and at the least going to extreme measures to be less than honest. Case in point was some of your first postings I read on Christians buring books or killing gays. And imo you do it in most areas I guess for polital reasons? Don't know nor care really.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Ds Higgins1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Never was big on musicals, but was able to watch "My Fair Lady" all the way thru.... And even enjoyed it. I can also say the same for "Sound of Music", with Julie Andrews, which I've seen a few times... That one might even qualify as being "artistic"!
:)
I'd certainly say so :)

This whole topic was inspired by a conversation between my husband and me a couple weeks ago, when we were talking about movies, and Disney's "BEAUTY AND THE BEAST" came up. I remembered a review of it I'd read before we saw it, and a quote from it, "The eye is always delighted," and having seen it, I agreed with that. Whatever part of the film is on the screen, the eye sees the brilliant colors with pleasure, not to mention the story itself :) Remembering how that film more or less brought Disney back from the dead, I compared it with "SNOW WHITE AND THE SEVEN DWARFS" which in 1939 was a unique artistic achievement. Did you know that Walt Disney was given a special Oscar for it? A standard-size Oscar statuette, accompanied by seven little ones :D and presented by Shirley Temple :)

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Labor Participation Rate 63.0%

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>I have to admit that DOES sound like a worthy contender for the "Real Dogs" list :s
I own it... my wife couldn't believe it when I bought it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

WildWeirdWillie wrote:

I am so very sorry, Willie. Making that decision is never easy, even when you know it's the right one.

I am convinced that as we will be reunited with our loved ones in the world to come, that our beloved pets will be among them. I know you are hurting, but I hope you will find healing, knowing that your dog has found healing and that one day you will find your friend again.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
I own it... my wife couldn't believe it when I bought it.
You can tell her > I < can't believe it either :P

Since: Aug 07

South Central Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Judged:

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
My sympathies are with you and your significant other Willie. I respect you for doing the right thing in deciding the issue on the basis of the quality of life for your pet and not what your desires were. It is not an easy decision to make.

“Mean People Suck”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Judged:

shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>A good vet is a true blessing. My condolences for your loss, Willie. I hope you find peace yourself when you can. If you believe in Heaven, I think you're likely to believe all dogs go there too - so let's hope you're right, and you'll see him again.
Thanks to you, shovel, Chris, Roberta, and anyone else who's sent prayers &/or good wishes my way.

Just got back from running some errands, and one of my stops was the Dollar Store. Had two packs of his dog treats in the basket before I realized I no longer need them, and I teared up again.

I miss him. He was my wing man for twelve years. He was, as the kid at the local McD's drive through once said, a kick-ass dog.

All that said - I am so glad that he is now at peace. The last week was very rough on him, and rough on the two of us too.

“Mean People Suck”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
My sympathies are with you and your significant other Willie. I respect you for doing the right thing in deciding the issue on the basis of the quality of life for your pet and not what your desires were. It is not an easy decision to make.
Thanks, OKB.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks to you, shovel, Chris, Roberta, and anyone else who's sent prayers &/or good wishes my way.
Just got back from running some errands, and one of my stops was the Dollar Store. Had two packs of his dog treats in the basket before I realized I no longer need them, and I teared up again.
I miss him. He was my wing man for twelve years. He was, as the kid at the local McD's drive through once said, a kick-ass dog.
All that said - I am so glad that he is now at peace. The last week was very rough on him, and rough on the two of us too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Ruler of Topix Australia .. ”

Since: Feb 12

the Holy City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Judged:

Yes Bush is a hero

I remember when 9/11 happened I was only 11 years old.

And out came a strong Hero that we could all latch onto

For that I thank him, he wasnt perfect but he was great there

Imagine if Obama was in charge then. He would call for an interview with Oprah and talk about how much the Muslim world means to him

Obama is a disgrace and pathetic little man

Bush is a legend

“God Bless America”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>I am so very sorry, Willie. Making that decision is never easy, even when you know it's the right one.
I am convinced that as we will be reunited with our loved ones in the world to come, that our beloved pets will be among them. I know you are hurting, but I hope you will find healing, knowing that your dog has found healing and that one day you will find your friend again.
Are you familiar with "The Rainbow Bridge"? If not look it up.

“God Bless America”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Judged:

Putting a dog who has been in the family for years is a tough decision and job. We have had three and have had to put two of them down. We adopted the third asnd she is doing fine. We are sold on adopting.

We had them cremated them and put the ashes in an Urn.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

482 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 6 min Naveen kumar 4,784
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 23 min Pegasus 256,504
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 24 min karl44 720,548
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 37 min sweets2360 224,181
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 1 hr MUQ1 36,517
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 1 hr Life is Precious 221,376
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Epiphany2 599,088
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr atemcowboy 532,777
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr GodsLovestheBestLove 115,088
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 8 hr Szajen 75
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••