Bush is a hero

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#137116 Jun 20, 2012
Chris Clearwater wrote:
A bit of news: For people that know this area a main road in Tampa is called Dale Mabry Hwy. It is where Raymond James stadium is and the Pres seems to think Friday during rush hour will good a time to visit us and have an event at a local school. Who comes up with this? Thankful my accounts are not close by Friday but thats crazy for people that have to do business around here.
This is the same guy by the way that said he doesn't often go to church because he doesn't want to bother people?! Really?!! This sucks Mr. Pres!
I'm sure Obama is doing this you you on purpose.

;-)

When I was stationed in San Diego I was at the amphibious base in Coronado. Any time a President or foreign dignitaries came to SD they stayed at the Hotel del Coronado, thus closing the main gate for anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 hours. Reagan got me twice in ten months, Prince Charles once, etc.

I also worked in downtown St. Louis when the Pope came to town. That was more hassle than a Presidential visit by multiples. I had to stay in a hotel because we had a case going to reuse the next week.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Land O Lakes, FL

#137117 Jun 20, 2012
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure Obama is doing this you you on purpose.
;-)
When I was stationed in San Diego I was at the amphibious base in Coronado. Any time a President or foreign dignitaries came to SD they stayed at the Hotel del Coronado, thus closing the main gate for anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 hours. Reagan got me twice in ten months, Prince Charles once, etc.
I also worked in downtown St. Louis when the Pope came to town. That was more hassle than a Presidential visit by multiples. I had to stay in a hotel because we had a case going to reuse the next week.
No, I expect it esp since we know Fl. is a toss up right now. Just funny the time. I can't think of a worse time than a Friday at rush, thats what a local radio station is saying anyway. Online the story says Firday time tbd. Will be happy after Nov. Not looking forward to the rnc here in Aug either.

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#137118 Jun 20, 2012
Chris Clearwater wrote:
A bit of news: For people that know this area a main road in Tampa is called Dale Mabry Hwy. It is where Raymond James stadium is and the Pres seems to think Friday during rush hour will good a time to visit us and have an event at a local school. Who comes up with this? Thankful my accounts are not close by Friday but thats crazy for people that have to do business around here.
This is the same guy by the way that said he doesn't often go to church because he doesn't want to bother people?! Really?!! This sucks Mr. Pres!
He doesn't go to church because he'd be stuck in the same room with all those damn christians.
As foir the other post, well, it was just surprising to see someone else do the 'end of the world' thing.
Shocking, actually.
Glad to hear you're still working. I can't get an interview. Once they see 'handicapped with RA' on my application, they drop it in the round file. Of course, my age has something to do with it as well. The thing is, professionally, I am multi-skilled, and a people person. Ya kind of have to be to manage an apartment building, something I've done twice, and was quite successful at. I was self-empolyed most of my adulr life, and only racked up forty-two (or maybe thirty-eight) quarters. Either way, I missed full disability by two quarters. If I could go to work for four to six months, I would qualify for the larger benefits.
We manage to get by, but the extra would really come in handy.

Since: Nov 09

USA

#137119 Jun 20, 2012
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, if it was up to me only, a different adult dog would be brought home from a rescue or shelter TODAY.
My girlfriend, however, handles things very differently than I do, so we're going to have to wait a while.
We agreed on a basic compromise months ago, when it became clear what was happening to our dog. We'll do this sooner than she wants, later than I want.
The cat does not get a vote.
;-}
Heh heh heh...

I totally understand, in the midst of grief, we still have to maintain the peace....:)

I do love cats as well, but unfortunately found out a few years ago that I am very much allergic, as I can hardly breath around them. For that reason, I can't even spend too much time at my son's house, where they have 2 very adorable cats.

USA

#137120 Jun 20, 2012
Chris Clearwater wrote:
Ouch! I know that even on normal weekdays, I would avoid Dale Mabry during rush hour. I usually just stay around Macdill Air Force base, until traffic is gone. But I'm glad you said that though,'cause I may have had reasons to be in the area, but will now avoid it like the plague, for the rest of the week.

USA

#137121 Jun 20, 2012
Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't go to church because he'd be stuck in the same room with all those damn christians.
As foir the other post, well, it was just surprising to see someone else do the 'end of the world' thing.
Shocking, actually.
Glad to hear you're still working. I can't get an interview. Once they see 'handicapped with RA' on my application, they drop it in the round file. Of course, my age has something to do with it as well. The thing is, professionally, I am multi-skilled, and a people person. Ya kind of have to be to manage an apartment building, something I've done twice, and was quite successful at. I was self-empolyed most of my adulr life, and only racked up forty-two (or maybe thirty-eight) quarters. Either way, I missed full disability by two quarters. If I could go to work for four to six months, I would qualify for the larger benefits.
We manage to get by, but the extra would really come in handy.
Sorry to hear that BH...... I simcerely hope things will turn around for you...... I know hou feel about this, but maybe you might seriously consider that Jesus is indeed the answer? I challenge you to challenge him,'cause I know many skeptics who have had similar circumstances, and as a result, became avid believers.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#137122 Jun 22, 2012
Awful damn quiet in here ...

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#137123 Jun 22, 2012
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
Has been, for a couple days now.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#137124 Jun 22, 2012
Nancy Pelosi is out of her mind,

Barack Obama is going down to ignoble defeat in November,

Jerry Sandusky is never going to see the light of day again.

How's that?

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#137125 Jun 22, 2012
New bumper sticker out:

OBAMACARE
CALL US WHEN YOU ARE SHOVEL READY

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#137126 Jun 22, 2012
lisw wrote:
New bumper sticker out:
OBAMACARE
If I was Chris, I'd think that was a personal dig.....just kiddin'.

;)

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#137127 Jun 22, 2012
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
Was tryin' to be quiet, soakin in a tub of banana oil, watermelon jello, and gatorade powder. Some assbud substituted Quikset Cement Powder and after 1 hour, I got stuck.

That was 3 days ago.

Since: Aug 07

South Central Virginia

#137128 Jun 22, 2012
Chris Clearwater wrote:
Chris, I found something that you may be interested in and others may be as well. It is an online version of "The Jefferson Bible." Thomas Jefferson went through the books of Mathew, Mark, Luke and John and extracted the words of Jesus.

http://archive.org/stream/thomasjeffersont012...

You can find other things about Thomas Jefferson at:

http://www.jeffersonhour.com/index.html

Since: Aug 07

South Central Virginia

#137129 Jun 22, 2012
lisw wrote:
New bumper sticker out:
OBAMACARE
lol

Ruling comes next week.

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#137130 Jun 22, 2012
Roberta G wrote:
Nancy Pelosi is out of her mind,
Barack Obama is going down to ignoble defeat in November,
Jerry Sandusky is never going to see the light of day again.
How's that?
Works for me - except I wish Nan was also 'out of office'.........

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#137131 Jun 22, 2012
okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
Chris, I found something that you may be interested in and others may be as well. It is an online version of "The Jefferson Bible." Thomas Jefferson went through the books of Mathew, Mark, Luke and John and extracted the words of Jesus.
http://archive.org/stream/thomasjeffersont012...
You can find other things about Thomas Jefferson at:
http://www.jeffersonhour.com/index.html
The way this is worded is possibly misleading. It could be taken that Jefferson excised Jesus' words from the story, when in fact it is the opposite. Jefferson revered the words and philosophy of Jesus, but was skeptical of all the miracle stuff. It was sort of an early pass at what the modern-day Jesus Seminar have attempted - through textual analysis, cutting through all the legendeering to try and reveal the truly remarkable man behind the myth. Traditionalists are naturally appalled, but the effort appeals to many in the Age of Reason who are skeptical of metaphysical claims but still dismayed to have hard-line scoffers throw the baby Jesus out with the mythological bathwater.

Location hidden

#137132 Jun 22, 2012
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Was tryin' to be quiet, soakin in a tub of banana oil, watermelon jello, and gatorade powder. Some assbud substituted Quikset Cement Powder and after 1 hour, I got stuck.
That was 3 days ago.
I just KNEW there was a logical explanation.

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#137133 Jun 22, 2012
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I say YOU alleged ANYthing? Yer ASSuming again.
My "gig" wasn't a guess, dumass. It was a statement.
So far, I'm underwhelmed once again with your reading and English
skills. If you were ever a school teacher, your employer missed something during the interview.
Mainly the fact that I cared more about the kids than my job. It was a bad mistake on his part, and thanks for noticing.

Location hidden

#137134 Jun 22, 2012

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#137135 Jun 22, 2012
Roberta G wrote:
IMO, the 'price' on that would be exorbitant at $1.99
Unless it was a bad link. In that case, it's worthless.

JMO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 14 min here 64,111
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min Steve III 654,116
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 18 min Classic 3,818
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 29 min crucifiedguy 281,884
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 49 min gundee123 824
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 50 min entezariabbass 106,544
girls, when is the first time u saw a penis (Feb '14) 51 min Leslie 13
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Lumatrix 973,845
More from around the web