Bush is a hero

Since: Aug 07

South Central Virginia

#134430 May 1, 2012
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Just when I thought the worst Pres in my life couldn't do anymore, he notches it up! You have to hand it to the guy he owns this now.
URGENT: As President Obama arrives in Afghanistan today to sign a strategic agreement with President Karzai, criticism mounts at home that he's politicizing the anniversary of Usama bin Laden's death, with Sen. John McCain pulling no punches:'You know the thing about heroes? They don't brag.'
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/05/01/ob...
I don't really think it is that broad as he really has not been politicizing it. Someone may be though. Kind of like after 9-11 you heard about people being happy Gore was not President. Or when we invaded Afghanistan and people said Gore never would do that.

What is politicing an event? When McCain and Clinton said we should not do those kinds of operations while Obama said we should?

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#134431 May 1, 2012
Fearless and Happy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I think you would make such a self serving statement?
I may be wrongbut I don't know of anyone who cares what you have to say except those in the Obama sandbox with you.
Uhhh...excuse me, Fearless, but > I < happen to care very much what Willie has to say, and I don't think anyone could say that I'm in Obama's sandbox (snake pit?) with him. I also care what Hip, you, Chris and DS have to say.

I am no fence-sitter, either. I may well disagree with what any of you has to say on any given subject, but that does NOT mean I am not interested in hearing it.

Location hidden

#134432 May 1, 2012
That reminds me: DS, where are you these days?

South Central Virginia

#134433 May 1, 2012
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>
My favorite of the comments:
"Hard to take anyone seriously who throws around phrases like "anti-capitalist environmental lobby." Really? So we have to be anti-environment to be pro-capitalist now? What a bunch of hogwash."
Yeah - it's just too bad, but we need non-renewable energy more than we need a clean, healthy environment. Our grandkids can look at the pictures in the encyclopedia if they want to see pristine landscapes - we just don't have the room for that sort of thing anymore...to heck with being stewards of the earth - it's our earth, and we'll suck it dry if we want to.
Lets not forget that Cap and Trade is a free-market capitalist solution that was first employed by President Reagan.

Next thing you know they will be saying the same industry that they think Obama is destroying continues to contribute to his campaign.

South Central Virginia

#134434 May 1, 2012
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Just make it up as you go Shove. Might as well post that I'm a hack for big oil. I'm not. The Pres though has taken quite a bit of oil money but I get it. Just do as you libs say, not as you do. Like Gore pretending his house in Tennessee that uses four times the national avg. is ok with his "carbon credit scam" Pardon me while I vomit.
Chris, if he is trying to destroy them as hard as you and Bobin claim, they deserve to go out of business for contributing to his campaign don't they? I mean how stupid is their leadership?

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#134435 May 1, 2012
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Just when I thought the worst Pres in my life couldn't do anymore, he notches it up! You have to hand it to the guy he owns this now.
URGENT: As President Obama arrives in Afghanistan today to sign a strategic agreement with President Karzai, criticism mounts at home that he's politicizing the anniversary of Usama bin Laden's death, with Sen. John McCain pulling no punches:'You know the thing about heroes? They don't brag.'
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/05/01/ob...
It is embarrassing. What nerve! To fly onto an aircraft carrier, strut around like a Banty rooster in a flight suit with a sh*t-eatin' grin on his face, and that big ol' banner hoisted at perfect camera angle over his head......er, wait a minute. I might have might my POTUSes mixed up.....

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#134436 May 1, 2012
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. Far better to strengthening Iran and other enemies with that technology. Because they all just love us so much right now. Thats why daily you hear for the destruction of this nation and Israel.
I wonder what the right-wing spin machine has taught you about how Iran obtained those technologies? Let's see - Carter is the one that imposed the embargo on Iran, and froze their assets. Who's the POTUS who flaunted international support, went around that embargo, and saw that Iran received their precious technologies? Rhymes with "Ray Gun", I think. And he did that, why? So he could also go around a Congressional prohibition against supplying arms to rebels? Just a regular international scofflaw, he was.

But Carter's the bad guy. One of these days maybe I'll get how that works.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#134437 May 1, 2012
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, so...what, they did it on their own initiative?
I have a feeling your nose is a bit out of joint because it was done on Barry's watch, rather than Gee-Duh's. Wonder why Th''Lustrous Potentate didn't have Barry's luck.
If you wonder why it took so long, you haven't been paying attention to the news. It took years to piece together the information that eventually led to Leon telling obama he had to get off the pot and make his decision.

I can hardly wait for Leon's book.
shovelhead72 wrote:
Because that would have won over so many hearts and minds for Democracy?
You remind me of Denny Crane.
Yea... they love us so much now. Do you really think one more missle into an empty compound would have made them throw NATO out faster?

Denny Crane?

Location hidden

#134438 May 1, 2012
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Just make it up as you go Shove. Might as well post that I'm a hack for big oil. I'm not. The Pres though has taken quite a bit of oil money but I get it. Just do as you libs say, not as you do. Like Gore pretending his house in Tennessee that uses four times the national avg. is ok with his "carbon credit scam" Pardon me while I vomit.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/bush/house.asp

“God Bless America”

Location hidden

#134439 May 1, 2012
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhhh...excuse me, Fearless, but > I < happen to care very much what Willie has to say, and I don't think anyone could say that I'm in Obama's sandbox (snake pit?) with him. I also care what Hip, you, Chris and DS have to say.
I am no fence-sitter, either. I may well disagree with what any of you has to say on any given subject, but that does NOT mean I am not interested in hearing it.
OK

Location hidden

#134440 May 1, 2012
okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
bush did not have Barry's luck because he got to the point of "Osama who?" It was Obama who put the emphasis back on it.
When it comes to foreign policy as well as the military he has done everything I think he said he would do of significance.
Let's go with his first promise as pResident... is Guantanamo closed?

Location hidden

#134441 May 1, 2012
okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not unless you want to make the claim that the federal government and its policies do not impact oil drilling on private land or state land.
You ready to do that yet?
Of course he can shut it down, like he's doing with coal... but even obama doesn't dare do that before an election. But private and state lands aren't dependent on federally issued leases or permits.

He'll just appoint EPA folks that screw with production, and increase costs, for now.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#134442 May 1, 2012
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. I'll 2nd that verbatim, RobG.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#134443 May 1, 2012
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Seals volunteer for that type of hazardous duty. Nobody forced them into those assignments.
<quoted text>
Nope. I think the Seals did a splendid job. I just wish that we had launched a missle into the compound after we left, leaving a big hole and destroying everything we didn't take, including our tail section.
The whole thing is about being commander-in-chief, aposition obama is ill prepared for. A general would not say how wonderul it was that he won the battle, he would praise his men. Obama does not appear to understand the military at all.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Land O Lakes, FL

#134444 May 1, 2012
Feel the love. I have no doubt our gov will get right on this latest case of domestic terrorism. Get Biden on the phone.

The Wall Street Journal, Fox News And Citicorp Receive White Powder Letters

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/05/01/nypd-b...

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#134445 May 1, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder what the right-wing spin machine has taught you about how Iran obtained those technologies? Let's see - Carter is the one that imposed the embargo on Iran, and froze their assets. Who's the POTUS who flaunted international support, went around that embargo, and saw that Iran received their precious technologies? Rhymes with "Ray Gun", I think. And he did that, why? So he could also go around a Congressional prohibition against supplying arms to rebels? Just a regular international scofflaw, he was.
But Carter's the bad guy. One of these days maybe I'll get how that works.
That may well be true, but Carter has repeatedly snubbed Pres
protocol by criticizing a sitting President.

As far as I know, he is about the only one in modern times, to accomplish this deed, or at least was fairly regular when GW was in office.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#134446 May 1, 2012
Fearless and Happy wrote:
<quoted text>
OK
I know you've been at odds with the Wild Man for quite some time now Fear, but I gotta agree with RG on this one.

But as I said a few times b4, that doesn't mean we'll (WWW & me)
be "taking long walks in the moonlight."
:-)

South Central Virginia

#134447 May 1, 2012
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's go with his first promise as pResident... is Guantanamo closed?
Should a President flaunt the law like Ray-Gun?

If not then he kept his promise, Congress would not let him. Probably why so many left in 2010.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Land O Lakes, FL

#134448 May 1, 2012
okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
Should a President flaunt the law like Ray-Gun?
If not then he kept his promise, Congress would not let him. Probably why so many left in 2010.
Translation: Obama can do no wrong, blame Bush and the nearest person on the right. You should put in a nanny nanny boo boo with you postings. It would hold as much water.

Location hidden

#134449 May 1, 2012
OMG, I was listenening to a speech by obama, but I thought somebody had substituted an old Nixon speech. For a minute I thought I'd forgotten what President Nixon's voice sounded like... because I've heard the speech barry gave about 40 years ago...

...and we know how that worked out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Buck Crick 56,148
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min kent 650,194
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 13 min ChristineM 445,900
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 15 min RiccardoFire 44,956
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 54 min andet1987 6,079
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr andet1987 2,323
Ayurveda oil massage 1 hr rahul 2
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 7 hr akon mason 70
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 hr another viewer 971,759
More from around the web