Bush is a hero

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#134412 May 1, 2012
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. That's why I said "fairly" unknown, because I meant at the POTUS level, which was the subject of that msg.
I'm willing to bet that he will be FAR BETTER as POTUS than the teleprompter-in-chief that's in office now.

Since: Aug 07

South Central Virginia

#134413 May 1, 2012
BobinTX wrote:
A decision that obama had no choice but to make...
http://townhall.com/political-cartoons/2012/0...
...and now he wants all the credit. Really? He didn't have the stones not to make the call to kill bin-Laden, not with so many others knowing that barry knew where Osama was hiding.
It was the Navy Seals that took all the risks, obama just did what he had to do.
Yeah, Carter is living proof that Presidents take no risks in giving the go ahead for a mission.

South Central Virginia

#134414 May 1, 2012
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm willing to bet that he will be FAR BETTER as POTUS than the teleprompter-in-chief that's in office now.
BTW: US oil supplies are at a 21 year high.

Lets here a cheer for Obama!

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#134415 May 1, 2012
BobinTX wrote:
A decision that obama had no choice but to make...
...and now he wants all the credit. Really? He didn't have the stones not to make the call to kill bin-Laden, not with so many others knowing that barry knew where Osama was hiding.
It was the Navy Seals that took all the risks, obama just did what he had to do.
So did the Navy Seals.

Do you think Obama should have had Osama brought back for trial?

Location hidden

#134416 May 1, 2012
okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, Carter is living proof that Presidents take no risks in giving the go ahead for a mission.

Location hidden

#134417 May 1, 2012
okboston wrote:
<quoted text>BTW: US oil supplies are at a 21 year high.
Lets here a cheer for Obama!
Don't you mean let's hear a cheer for the production by private oil companies, in spite of obama?

obama has reduced production on federal controled lands. It's the production on private and state lands that had to pick up barry's slack. If we were depending on the production from federal controlled lands, who knows how high gas prices would be today.

Location hidden

#134418 May 1, 2012
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>So did the Navy Seals.
Seals volunteer for that type of hazardous duty. Nobody forced them into those assignments.
shovelhead72 wrote:
Do you think Obama should have had Osama brought back for trial?
Nope. I think the Seals did a splendid job. I just wish that we had launched a missle into the compound after we left, leaving a big hole and destroying everything we didn't take, including our tail section.

Location hidden

#134419 May 1, 2012
okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
Carter is living proof of incompetence, in and out of office. I never thought I'd see a more incompetent President in my lifetime, but obama has proved me wrong.

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#134420 May 1, 2012
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Seals volunteer for that type of hazardous duty. Nobody forced them into those assignments.
Oh, so...what, they did it on their own initiative?
I have a feeling your nose is a bit out of joint because it was done on Barry's watch, rather than Gee-Duh's. Wonder why Th''Lustrous Potentate didn't have Barry's luck.
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. I think the Seals did a splendid job. I just wish that we had launched a missle into the compound after we left, leaving a big hole and destroying everything we didn't take, including our tail section.
Because that would have won over so many hearts and minds for Democracy?

You remind me of Denny Crane.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#134421 May 1, 2012
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Carter is living proof of incompetence, in and out of office. I never thought I'd see a more incompetent President in my lifetime, but obama has proved me wrong.
Just when I thought the worst Pres in my life couldn't do anymore, he notches it up! You have to hand it to the guy he owns this now.

URGENT: As President Obama arrives in Afghanistan today to sign a strategic agreement with President Karzai, criticism mounts at home that he's politicizing the anniversary of Usama bin Laden's death, with Sen. John McCain pulling no punches:'You know the thing about heroes? They don't brag.'

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/05/01/ob...

Clearwater and Honolulu

#134422 May 1, 2012
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you mean let's hear a cheer for the production by private oil companies, in spite of obama?
obama has reduced production on federal controled lands. It's the production on private and state lands that had to pick up barry's slack. If we were depending on the production from federal controlled lands, who knows how high gas prices would be today.
You might like this:

Crucifying the Oil and Gas Industry

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2012/04/27/...

Clearwater and Honolulu

#134423 May 1, 2012
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =u6-knRdIE2QXX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Lol. Funny now that we are in an election year not hearing this.

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#134424 May 1, 2012
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
You might like this:
Crucifying the Oil and Gas Industry
http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2012/04/27/...
My favorite of the comments:
"Hard to take anyone seriously who throws around phrases like "anti-capitalist environmental lobby." Really? So we have to be anti-environment to be pro-capitalist now? What a bunch of hogwash."

Yeah - it's just too bad, but we need non-renewable energy more than we need a clean, healthy environment. Our grandkids can look at the pictures in the encyclopedia if they want to see pristine landscapes - we just don't have the room for that sort of thing anymore...to heck with being stewards of the earth - it's our earth, and we'll suck it dry if we want to.

Clearwater and Honolulu

#134425 May 1, 2012
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, so...what, they did it on their own initiative?
I have a feeling your nose is a bit out of joint because it was done on Barry's watch, rather than Gee-Duh's. Wonder why Th''Lustrous Potentate didn't have Barry's luck.
<quoted text>Because that would have won over so many hearts and minds for Democracy?
Right. Far better to strengthening Iran and other enemies with that technology. Because they all just love us so much right now. Thats why daily you hear for the destruction of this nation and Israel.

Clearwater and Honolulu

#134426 May 1, 2012
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>
My favorite of the comments:
"Hard to take anyone seriously who throws around phrases like "anti-capitalist environmental lobby." Really? So we have to be anti-environment to be pro-capitalist now? What a bunch of hogwash."
Yeah - it's just too bad, but we need non-renewable energy more than we need a clean, healthy environment. Our grandkids can look at the pictures in the encyclopedia if they want to see pristine landscapes - we just don't have the room for that sort of thing anymore...to heck with being stewards of the earth - it's our earth, and we'll suck it dry if we want to.
Just make it up as you go Shove. Might as well post that I'm a hack for big oil. I'm not. The Pres though has taken quite a bit of oil money but I get it. Just do as you libs say, not as you do. Like Gore pretending his house in Tennessee that uses four times the national avg. is ok with his "carbon credit scam" Pardon me while I vomit.

South Central Virginia

#134427 May 1, 2012
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, so...what, they did it on their own initiative?
<quoted text>Because that would have won over so many hearts and minds for Democracy?
bush did not have Barry's luck because he got to the point of "Osama who?" It was Obama who put the emphasis back on it.

When it comes to foreign policy as well as the military he has done everything I think he said he would do of significance.

South Central Virginia

#134428 May 1, 2012
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not unless you want to make the claim that the federal government and its policies do not impact oil drilling on private land or state land.

You ready to do that yet?

South Central Virginia

#134429 May 1, 2012
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
bush proved you wrong. Obama is better than bush.

bush ran deficits in good years.

bush had a medicine bill that there was absolutely no attempt to pay for.

bush coasted in Afghanistan where the honorable war was to go after that man that tried to get his Daddy.

Two+ wars unfunded underbush.

Great encouragement of the "Ownership Society" helping us race towards the housing crisis.

After 9-11 bush had at least 80% of the nation and almost that much of the world supporting him. How much did he have when he left?

Assumed the Presidency with surplus budgets. Signed the first $2 Tril budget, the first $3 Tril budget and the first budget to run a $1+ deficit.

Had you head in the sand for 8 years?

South Central Virginia

#134430 May 1, 2012
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Just when I thought the worst Pres in my life couldn't do anymore, he notches it up! You have to hand it to the guy he owns this now.
URGENT: As President Obama arrives in Afghanistan today to sign a strategic agreement with President Karzai, criticism mounts at home that he's politicizing the anniversary of Usama bin Laden's death, with Sen. John McCain pulling no punches:'You know the thing about heroes? They don't brag.'
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/05/01/ob...
I don't really think it is that broad as he really has not been politicizing it. Someone may be though. Kind of like after 9-11 you heard about people being happy Gore was not President. Or when we invaded Afghanistan and people said Gore never would do that.

What is politicing an event? When McCain and Clinton said we should not do those kinds of operations while Obama said we should?

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#134431 May 1, 2012
Fearless and Happy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I think you would make such a self serving statement?
I may be wrongbut I don't know of anyone who cares what you have to say except those in the Obama sandbox with you.
Uhhh...excuse me, Fearless, but > I < happen to care very much what Willie has to say, and I don't think anyone could say that I'm in Obama's sandbox (snake pit?) with him. I also care what Hip, you, Chris and DS have to say.

I am no fence-sitter, either. I may well disagree with what any of you has to say on any given subject, but that does NOT mean I am not interested in hearing it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Joe Fortuna 866,037
White Lives MATTER 8 min RFD 117
disabled sex (Jun '14) 17 min garath 10
The Christian Atheist debate 31 min spocko 2,122
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 40 min Michael 600,205
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 56 min Charlie Sheen 272,467
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 1 hr RainbowLength 47
More from around the web