Bush is a hero

Since: Feb 09

Brookville, PA

#44027 Feb 7, 2009
The enemy is already here and undercover check this out.

Collard Greens

United States

#44028 Feb 7, 2009
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>What I remember about the early eighties is a housing crisis much greater than this one. Interest rates were 18%, no one could buy or sell a home unless they had cash. Realtors became creative. We sold a home on rent to own and bought one the same way. We had to move due to transfer. In a few years interest rates came down. I had to work a couple jobs, so did my husband. We got through it. I'm not trying to be a pollyanna but they weren't bad years. After they were over we both went back to school, I guess you might say in preparation for the next time. And there's always a next time. Life doesn't come with guarantees. What kind of store do you have if you don't mind my asking?
Thanks Lis'
I was on topix awhile ago, and I developed a stalker (I don't know why, I'm such a nice fella). I used to use my 1st name as my screen name. Anyway this fella got kind of scary, stalking me, saving my posts things like that. Kind of like the unstable guy from Texas with a beef against Higgins. I decided I wouldn't put to much info out there when I came back on. My business is not unique although there is a limited amount of them through out the country. I just wouldn't feel comfortable revealing what it is. I will say though, that I sell high dollar items. That alot of people but not everyone purchases.
Collard Greens

United States

#44029 Feb 7, 2009
WORLD IDIOTS RACE WAKE UP wrote:
<quoted text>But the price of Gasoline had come down from last year $5 to around $2.50 (+/- 20%), with Crude about year ago $150/barral back down $45 (+/- 20%) this week and Electric/NG and other raw/commodities prices also had come down that means logistics, Food and other consumerables prices should be reduced , how can you say Retailer... have to raise prices? It just don't add up, can you tell me logic behind this?
I didnt say I raised my prices, but if things continue the way they are, I would. If I'm selling less product I have to make the difference up somwhere. I noticed a small drop in sales last year, I also noticed an increase in less expensive items sold. My insurance isnt going to go down, it most likley will go up. Along with other expenses I have (utilities, equipment). To this point my suppliers haven't raised prices, but if and when they do I'll have to follow suit. Thats my theory. Of course if my competitors lower their prices I may not have a choice but to follow. I just dont see that happening. If as you say things continue a decline in pricing and sales remain at a pace I can live with nothing will change. But I'm not going to lower my prices while in a recession. I sell an item that is not needed and can be put off if people need to tighten the purse strings.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#44030 Feb 7, 2009
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I was kind of wondering if ETC was empathizing with Saddam Hussein. I saw an interview with DanielPearl's father, nice soft spoken man and I know not a military expert.

He felt the desire by many to seek reasons why terrorists do what they do in order to offer them empathy is a very dangerous thing. There really is such a thing as evil in this world.

Saddam was not misunderstood, and the terrorists are not freedom fighters.
I took the liberty of inserting lines to emphasize the different parts of your post, Lis, I hope you don't mind.

Well said, every last word.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#44031 Feb 7, 2009
Collard Greens wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Lis'
I was on topix awhile ago, and I developed a stalker (I don't know why, I'm such a nice fella). I used to use my 1st name as my screen name. Anyway this fella got kind of scary, stalking me, saving my posts things like that. Kind of like the unstable guy from Texas with a beef against Higgins. I decided I wouldn't put to much info out there when I came back on. My business is not unique although there is a limited amount of them through out the country. I just wouldn't feel comfortable revealing what it is. I will say though, that I sell high dollar items. That alot of people but not everyone purchases.
I totally understand. There is only so much anonymity on these threads. You are kind saying the person stalking DS is unstable, that's putting it mildly.
ET Crusader

Mission, TX

#44032 Feb 7, 2009
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
I took the liberty of inserting lines to emphasize the different parts of your post, Lis, I hope you don't mind.
Well said, every last word.
It is really unbelievable the lies that the right-wacko-chorus members create and then believe and then go on and on and on and on and ooooooooon about ...

Q: Why don't the ultra-fools of the RWC stick to things that they actually KNOW about ?
A: Because the conversation would be limited severely by adopting that respectable technique ... gossip about things that the RWC knows NOTHING about is much more important for the RWC ...
Fearless and Happy

Cincinnati, OH

#44033 Feb 7, 2009
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Only prob with that Fearless, is that GE is one of the companies which was still doing business with Iran thru a foreign proxy to avoid detection. And Iran was funneling arms, and other supplies to the bad guys killing US and coalition troops.
Immelt is a traitor (IMO) and should be tried as one. So the fact he's still at the helm of GE, is impossible for ANYone to ignore, much less someone looking to invest in their stock to make some money.
I haven't owned GE stock for almost two years now and, to my knowledge, GE is no longer is doing business with Iran.

I guess it will be up to the Shareholders and Directors to remove him.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#44034 Feb 7, 2009
ET Crusader wrote:
<quoted text>
It is really unbelievable the lies that the right-wacko-chorus members create and then believe and then go on and on and on and on and ooooooooon about ...
Q: Why don't the ultra-fools of the RWC stick to things that they actually KNOW about ?
A: Because the conversation would be limited severely by adopting that respectable technique ... gossip about things that the RWC knows NOTHING about is much more important for the RWC ...
Heh heh heh, round and round and round you go. Where you stop, only the devil must know.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#44035 Feb 7, 2009
Fearless and Happy wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't owned GE stock for almost two years now and, to my knowledge, GE is no longer is doing business with Iran.
I guess it will be up to the Shareholders and Directors to remove him.
Right FH, Immelt ran like a cockroach when the light came on to what he was doing. He wasn't the only one dealing with Iran when they shouldn't have been, either. Conoco-Phillips and a Haliburton subsidiary in the Caymans.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/01/22/60m...
Nick Gerz

Marion, NC

#44036 Feb 7, 2009
Bush is my hero!

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#44037 Feb 7, 2009
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Actually Steve Forbes said something like that but he's not the only one. I'll try to get you some link but house sales inceased though prices are still down is one thing. Secondly if you had read on you would see more delicate details of why I think the way I do. I don't deny that things are not good but I am one of those who believes that this bill is total bs. Not because of all of the content but because of the way its being shoved through.Don't tell me you approve?
I'm no more or no less upset with the stimulus package than I am with the way Congress handles any other large piece of legislation.

Being opposed to the stimulus bill for WHATEVER reason is one thing.

Claiming that it's "Obama's fault" for spreading panic is about like blaming the Captain of the Titanic for the same thing.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#44038 Feb 7, 2009
ET Crusader wrote:
<quoted text>
It must be tough to be so superior to the commoners who participate in these threads ...

Location hidden

#44039 Feb 7, 2009
I'd sure like to know what they promised Susan Collins and Olympia Snow, Republican senators of Maine.

Location hidden

#44040 Feb 7, 2009
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I'm no more or no less upset with the stimulus package than I am with the way Congress handles any other large piece of legislation.
Being opposed to the stimulus bill for WHATEVER reason is one thing.
Claiming that it's "Obama's fault" for spreading panic is about like blaming the Captain of the Titanic for the same thing.
C'mon Will, it's his job to remain calm in the storm. Just as it was Sully's job to remain calm when he landed his plane in the Hudson. You don't think Obama is sending the wrong message? I don't blame him for the economic problem by the way, whereas you might blame the captain of the Titanic for hitting that iceberg.

LaWest500

“Jesus is the light.”

Since: Jan 09

Orangeburg, SC

#44041 Feb 7, 2009
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
You first. Save me a seat, just not together.
HAHAHAHAHAHA..........Now that's funny!!!
Fearless and Happy

Cincinnati, OH

#44042 Feb 7, 2009
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>C'mon Will, it's his job to remain calm in the storm. Just as it was Sully's job to remain calm when he landed his plane in the Hudson. You don't think Obama is sending the wrong message? I don't blame him for the economic problem by the way, whereas you might blame the captain of the Titanic for hitting that iceberg.
We know how Capt. Smith handled his situation and went down with the ship. We do not know how Obama will handle his and I doubt he'll go down with the ship.
Fearless and Happy

Cincinnati, OH

#44043 Feb 7, 2009
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>C'mon Will, it's his job to remain calm in the storm. Just as it was Sully's job to remain calm when he landed his plane in the Hudson. You don't think Obama is sending the wrong message? I don't blame him for the economic problem by the way, whereas you might blame the captain of the Titanic for hitting that iceberg.
It does appear Pres. Obama is beginning to getr very nervous. In my opinion I feel his is realizing the Democrat Congress is not necessarily playing the game.

Location hidden

#44044 Feb 7, 2009
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Hear, hear. If Immelt is ever tried for treason, I'd just LOVE to be on the jury.
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep RG, and maybe some family members of those KIA, directly caused by Iran.
Nice touch, BB ;)

Location hidden

#44045 Feb 7, 2009
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>It must be tough to be so superior to the commoners who participate in these threads ...
Since he's not superior to anyone, Willie, Etc isn't likely to know what that's like.

Location hidden

#44046 Feb 7, 2009
Fearless and Happy wrote:
<quoted text>
It does appear Pres. Obama is beginning to getr very nervous. In my opinion I feel his is realizing the Democrat Congress is not necessarily playing the game.
I shouldn't criticize Obama for trying to scare the american people, we should be scared. We should be scared that all these institutions that got money in the first bailout are spending money on big bonuses for failed executives. We should be scared that Bank of america donated millions to Acorn which smacks of cronyism. We should be scared that the same things will happen with this monster bill.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Michael 679,237
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min Bongo 119,230
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 17 min Trump your President 2,691
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr curtjester1 46,215
These wicked bastards must be exterminated!! 2 hr The Great Alphonso 3
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr shockVIDEO 982,142
____ 666 ____ here ____ now ____ (*News) 3 hr shockVIDEO 1
More from around the web