Babysitting - Who thinks it's too exp...

Babysitting - Who thinks it's too expensive?

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

Since: Nov 13

Rolla, MO

#1 Nov 19, 2013
Okay, so I am so very sick of feeling overcharged by babysitters who want to watch my kids, with other kids, in their home, and my kids won't even be getting their full attention, but the sitter considers it an easy way to make money and stay home with their kids, and I don't even know how their kids were raised. I had one babysitter that I picked my kids up from that her and her friends were drinking beer and the room smelled like cigarettes!! My kids are old enough to be self-sufficient, just need to be reminded to stay on schedule, like brushing teeth and such. So why do I face such high prices for moms who want to stay home, considering this also benefits them? So I am looking to start a group of people, since I don't feel there is enough people babysitting because they care - too many do it for the money, and it shouldn't be that. It should be about the kids being taken care of, regardless of who the parents are. Granted, I'm not saying take advantage of babysitters, but holy cow, if you see the parents are really trying to make things better, not just going out every night, give them a break!

The group I want to start is a group of parents, single or not, parents who need help with their kids. Just needing help with babysitters but they don't have family, or family refuses to help, or don't have the money or don't want to spend that much money. Let's start a group where we can pay each other back by taking turns watching each other's kids. Or pay each other back with clothes, or food, or car rides. Let's quit spending money on something that we shouldn't have to spend hundreds for. Good quality childcare should be available to everyone WHO IS TRYING TO MAKE THINGS BETTER. I am a single mom (and dad) to two kids, and I work a full time job and go to school because I'm trying to make my kids' lives better. Isn't there anyone who gives a crap? So let's get together and start helping each other out and show people we don't need expensive babysitters and expensive daycares! Email me or comment on here if you're interested in this.

And seriously, we're adults here, no bashing, act your age, not your shoe size, people. If you're a sitter and you're offended by this, then that probably says some of it's true and you just realized it. Sorry. If this really doesn't apply to you, then you wouldn't be offended by it.
PDX Dave

Portland, OR

#2 Feb 7, 2014
Hey, financially speaking children are losing proposition from the get-go. If you don't like it, you never should've spawned them! As soon as you decide to get pregnant (and anyone who gets knocked up without intending to have simply neglected contraception or surgical sterilization) get pregnant, you pretty much kiss goodbye financial gains, nice vacations with your sweetie [or by yourself whatever], nice cars and nice houses, unless you are in the 1%
pen

Osceola, MO

#3 Feb 7, 2014
Sit home and watch your own children.

Saw a local couple who worked at walmart advertising on the local topix for a baby sitter. DUMB. Who would consider turning over their children to complete strangers off the internet?
idioticpeople

Rolla, MO

#4 Feb 10, 2015
PDX, I did not post this for you to judge. Nor did I post it to bitch - I am attempting to find a positive solution for myself and others. You'll notice how I did not just post to BITCH - I am trying to find a solution. You don't have to like what I say, but there's really no point in getting on here to tell me your opinion since I really couldn't care less about it. It's not helping in the slightest bit. Strange how me, the one you insinuate is dumb for "spawning", is the one working to a solution, and yet you do nothing but surf the internet to find topics to bitch and judge about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min ROCCO 48,359
REJECT Muslim Refugees in Europe! Send Them Home! (Sep '15) 2 min solidarity 37
I want to watch my wife flirt and get picked up... (Aug '12) 5 min Tboyslick125 151
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min onemale 281,237
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min Phooey 646,486
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min Journey 971,618
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 36 min Toby 105,564
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr Freebird USA 182,639
More from around the web