Christians and their ability to adapt...

Christians and their ability to adapt or not to adapt

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

“Oh Yeah!”

Since: Jun 14

Knightdale

#1 Jul 9, 2014
As a born again Christian who believes in the morals that the bible teaches, I often feel guilty about not believing all the things the bible professes. Should anyone who questions the bible be labeled as a non-believer? Shouldn't there be room for acknowledging that many things have changed and many things have been learned since it was written. For example, I grew up in church believing homosexuality was a sin. But how can anyone debate in this day and time that gays are simply another personality type and just as human as any of us. Often behave even more human. We as Christians may not condone the behavior, but as Christians shouldn't we love them and treat them the same as any other. I know that I will.

Since: Jun 14

Macon, MO

#2 Jul 9, 2014
Koolaid1963 wrote:
As a born again Christian who believes in the morals that the bible teaches, I often feel guilty about not believing all the things the bible professes. Should anyone who questions the bible be labeled as a non-believer? Shouldn't there be room for acknowledging that many things have changed and many things have been learned since it was written. For example, I grew up in church believing homosexuality was a sin. But how can anyone debate in this day and time that gays are simply another personality type and just as human as any of us. Often behave even more human. We as Christians may not condone the behavior, but as Christians shouldn't we love them and treat them the same as any other. I know that I will.
How do you feel about drinking? I feel a little bit is OK. But my church says to stay away from it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Catcher1 64,717
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min hojo 654,459
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 4 min Goats and Llamas 512
UNICORNS In the Bible 9 min Goats and Llamas 10
News ISIS buried thousands in at least 72 mass grave... 13 min Goats and Llamas 2
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Steve III 45,302
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr HipGnosis 183,222
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Gabriel 973,957
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Just Think 106,611
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr onemale 281,955
More from around the web