Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#85 Mar 2, 2014
Johnny wrote:
<quoted text>
Only because there were no blacks on that jury, you Ku Klux Klansman.
Johnny

Oak Creek, WI

#86 Mar 2, 2014
Keisha-J.-------

You said "but Britain's were in the present".------ True.

To a lesser extent, France's.

You said "It was easy for France, for instance, to tolerate (and love) black musicians in the 30s and 40s and 50s because the blacks the average Frenchman encountered were not competing for his job and was what can be referred to as a scarce commodity".-----

True.

The black musicians & other performers who were in France in the 1930s, 1940s & 1950s were African Americans (Descendants of black American slaves).

African Americans didn't have ancestral roots to Frances colonial governments. So, African Americans were the "prefered blacks" in France.

But, blacks from Frances black African colonies faced racism & discrimination in Frances black African colonies & in France.

Blacks from Frances black African colonies were considered the unacceptable black people by Frances White French people.
Johnny

Oak Creek, WI

#87 Mar 2, 2014
Keisha-J.--------

In the United States, the opposite dynamic is at work.------

In this nation, foreign born blacks (Afro-Latinos, blacks from the Anglophone, French / Creole speaking Caribbean black nations & from Africa) are way prefered. Over African Americans (Descendants of black American slaves).

Black Africans are being called another one (Along with Asians) of the United States "Model Minorities".

In the United States, foreign born blacks are known as the prefered black people.
Johnny

Oak Creek, WI

#88 Mar 2, 2014
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Only because there were no blacks on that jury, you Ku Klux Klansman.

Regardless, Orenthal James (OJ) Simpson was found guilty & responsible in the Civil Trial of 1997.

No Ku Klux Klan (KKK) here. The KKK is way too extreme in their ideology & tactics.

My skin color is not that light. My mothers family comes from Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic (DR). My fathers family comes from Rome, Italy.
Johnny

Oak Creek, WI

#89 Mar 2, 2014
Keisha-J.--------

You said "I don't recall seeing the movie you refer to".------

Oh okay. It was an older movie called " A Certain Smile". I caught this movie by chance on the Old Movie Classics back in 2004. It showed areas of Provence.

You said "but the region of Provence is captivating and very beautiful, as is Britanny and Normandy".-------

Oh yeah.

You said "But Provence is my favourite".------

Oh okay. What are prices like in Provence? Compared to London? Compared to the West Country?

You said "The Dunkirk area is a focal point for history buffs. Every year at the end of May many British people visit".------

True.

You said "my father being one of them. Even though he was not involved, he is a keen historian".------

Cool.

You said "He calls the Dunkirk rescue of the British Expeditionary Force a miracle and a lasting example of nationalistic courage".------

Your father is 150% right on the mark.

Had the 338,000 Allied soldiers not been rescued & relocated to the United Kingdom (UK), could the UK have successfully continued to carry on the fight against Nazi Germany?------- Highly doubtful.
Johnny

Oak Creek, WI

#90 Mar 2, 2014
Keisha-J.-------

You said "It is one of the great mysteries of WW2 that Hitler gave the order to halt his panzers at St Omer-Graveines (Canal Line) for 3 days while the British people rescued their army".------

True.

You said "My dad has his own theories".-------

Mind if I ask, what does your father think happened? As to why Adolf Hitler ordered his panzers (Tanks) to stop?

Why do you think Adolf ordered his panzers to stop?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#91 Mar 2, 2014
Johnny wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the comic opera of the Penzance of Gilbert and Sullivan. Many years ago, I saw this advertised on the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) channel. I also saw this advertised a couple of times on a cable channel. I never watched it though.
How is this opera?
It is worth watching. I love it. It is actually an operaetta, very light and funny, and is performed often in St. Ives. Others of the same vain, also Gilbert and Sullivan, are HMS Pinafore and Trial by Jury. Lots of clever tunes and catchy lyrics. I've found that one must acquire a taste for Gilbert and Sullivan. As a girl I didn't appreciate them, but I didn't like spinach either - but now I love it.

Location hidden

#92 Mar 2, 2014
Johnny wrote:
<quoted text>
But, other areas throughout the world are getting very warm weather.
So, the jury is still out.
Regarding global warming.------- It still should be looked at. Be cautious. If global warming is real, hopefully it can & will be countered.
What bothers me about "global warming" is the BS that accompanies it. There is a political agenda out there that sees to profit from the global warming boogy man.
Top climate scientists have been proven to have engaged in political activiism to further their own personal agendas. They were engaged in fraudulent correspondence meant to support their weak arguments.
Henrik Svensmark and several other leading climate scientists make an excellent case for cosmic rays and the solar magnetic field as the cause of "global warming", a completely natural and reoccuring event, part of the grand super cycle of cosmic events.

Location hidden

#93 Mar 2, 2014
Johnny wrote:
Keisha-J.-------
You said "No. Lincoln Cliff is in Lincolnshire which is on the east coast of England, a few hundred miles north north east of London. The West Country is best depicted in the TV series Midsomer Murders, Midsomer being a very beautiful part of the country a few hundred miles west of London".-------
Oh okay.
Keisha, would you take Midsomer over Provence?
Midsomer over Brittany?
Is Provence connected to the French Riviera?
Yes, I would take Provence over any of the others, all things being equal which they are not. Provence has become very expensive. Even though a mostly rural area, it is connected to the Riviera and has become a sort of poor man's Riviera. Too bad because it has a fine country tradition, made up of many family farms, and I'm afraid this is going to be gone soon. Given the expensiveness of this region, I would pick Midsomer for purely practical reasons, although anywhere in Somerset or Cornwall would suit me fine.

Location hidden

#94 Mar 2, 2014
Johnny wrote:
<quoted text>
Midsomer Murders is a favourite of mine. I guess it hasn't been distributed to America. Its episodes are engaging and always seem to feature the Midsomer countryside and towns. The plots tend to be a bit over-run with red herrings, much in the tradition of Agatha Christy, but the story lines are thoroughtly enjoyable. I love the main characters of DCI Barnaby and his young assistant. If you ever have the chance to watch this series, it is well worth the effort, in my opinion.

Location hidden

#95 Mar 3, 2014
Johnny wrote:
Keisha-J.-------
You said "I totally agree".-------^5.
Keisha, we think alike.
You said "The US and UK have evolved differently in this respect".------
Oh yeah. Very much so.
You said "The UK has always had a class system, as has most of continental Europe".------
Yep.
But, every nation throughout the world has had a class system.
From the very beginnings of official forms of government, there have been ideological, class & ethnic divisions.
Before the concept of race ever came into being, there were ethnic divisions.
Ethnic divisions are different than racial divisions. But, only on the surface. At the core, the dynamics are the same.
I don't know if you've lived in Europe - not just visited, but lived in Europe. There is a subtle division of layers within European society which is certainly discriminatory and which may or may not be based on ethnic or racial elements. It seems to be so different from flat-out racial discrimination which seems to be so blunt compared with the European example. These layers of society within the European structure have existed for centuries and are almost instinctive. They are, I believe, most evident in France and Germany, although they flow through all of Europe. Even though a person is of white skin, blue eyes and very well educated does not mean he is admitted to the upper layers of the social spectrum. Other factors of long-standing tradition are routed out to determine just how far up the ladder this person may rise - factors such as family history, family accomplishments, historical relationships, and military service. These may seem unimportant in newer parts of the world but hold great store by the "important" people in Europe - as is the case in parts of the orient.
When my parents were in Germany, at the invitation of friends there, they were taken to places where even many of our white friends had never been invited. Colour seemed to have little to do with it. We never did find out the reason for this but we suspect that it is because of my mother's heritage and her ancenters' heirarachy in the Ashanti peoples of what used to be known as the Gold Coast.
Go figure.

Location hidden

#96 Mar 3, 2014
Johnny wrote:
Keisha-J.-------
You said "but it was never racially based until the British colonies started falling apart and colonials began immigrating to Mother Britain".--------
In the United Kingdom (UK), yes, this was the case.
But, way before this happened, in the UKs colonies, a racial caste system was employed. This was especially the deal in the UKs colonies which had populations of people of African descent.
You said "that would have begun in the 60s, I think".------
A bit before. Because the United Kingdom had their first race riot in 1958.
You said "Then racial tensions surfaced largely as a competition for jobs. It is very easy to refer to "that foreigner" in terms of his skin colour".-------
Yep. Big time.
Yes, a racial caste system existed in most colonies, I totally agree. America was perhaps the exception (I stand to be corrected on this) where British rule was opposed not because of racial issues but because of economic and philosophical ones.
Colonization was, and still is, based on an economic foundation. Whether it be British colonization of Africa (for its resources) or America colonization (through corporate expansion), economic matters make it happen.
One just has to look back at the 19th century expansion of the British empire into China to see how something like the balance of trade between two nations (the economy) can change the course of history. In this example, Britain imported great quantities of silks, scents and minerals from China - but Britain had nothing that China wanted to buy in exchange. Thus resulted a huge trade imbalance with Pounds Sterling piling up in China and no Chinese currency flowing the other way to Britain. Clearly Britain had to do something about this or else the treasury would run dry. They had to create a demand in China for something only Britain could supply. Therein lay the origins of the opium trade. Britain introduced opium to China (opium balls manufactured in India) and created a generation of addicts who would pay any amount to sustain their habit. Now Chinese currency began flowing to Britain - and so the balance of trade was restored. Britain and China fought two wars over this issue (the Opium Wars of the mid-1850s), but the Royal Navy prevailed to keep the opium flowing.
Down through history this same story repeats itself over and over again - with a different cast of characters but always the same motivations.

Location hidden

#97 Mar 3, 2014
Johnny wrote:
Keisha-J.-------
You said "It is one of the great mysteries of WW2 that Hitler gave the order to halt his panzers at St Omer-Graveines (Canal Line) for 3 days while the British people rescued their army".------
True.
You said "My dad has his own theories".-------
Mind if I ask, what does your father think happened? As to why Adolf Hitler ordered his panzers (Tanks) to stop?
Why do you think Adolf ordered his panzers to stop?
Hi Johnny, we really have to stop meeting like this.
My dad's theory is rooted in history. Isn't everything in Europe? And it harks back to what I wrote previously of European historical ties.
Both English and German are West Germanic languages. So there is a language tie.
There is a long history of royal marriages between England and Germany. Another tie.
There is a history of intellectual exchanges between the 2 nations, particularly in the fields of science and politics.
English and German trade guilds developed along similar lines and at the same periods in history, facilitating trade relations.
A philisophical heritage is shared by the 2 peoples.
And so on .....
For all of these reasons, Hitler held back his panzers because it would have been like destroying family members. It is part of the subtle undercurrent of historical awareness in Europe that people from other parts of the world do not understand. You recognize a member of your family, you might fight with him, but you do not want to destroy him. To have destroyed the British Expeditionary Force at Dunkirk would have been a hollow victory for Hitler. The history books would not have treated him well (not that the history books have turned him out as a loveable character - but he didn't know this at the time).
Interestingly, and this ties in with the subject, King George V, Kaiser Wilhelm II, and Tsar Nicholas II were all cousins. So the interconnectiviy in historical Europe..

Location hidden

#98 Mar 3, 2014
Johnny wrote:
Keisha-J.--------
You said "I don't recall seeing the movie you refer to".------
Oh okay. It was an older movie called " A Certain Smile". I caught this movie by chance on the Old Movie Classics back in 2004. It showed areas of Provence.
You said "but the region of Provence is captivating and very beautiful, as is Britanny and Normandy".-------
Oh yeah.
You said "But Provence is my favourite".------
Oh okay. What are prices like in Provence? Compared to London? Compared to the West Country?
You said "The Dunkirk area is a focal point for history buffs. Every year at the end of May many British people visit".------
True.
You said "my father being one of them. Even though he was not involved, he is a keen historian".------
Cool.
You said "He calls the Dunkirk rescue of the British Expeditionary Force a miracle and a lasting example of nationalistic courage".------
Your father is 150% right on the mark.
Had the 338,000 Allied soldiers not been rescued & relocated to the United Kingdom (UK), could the UK have successfully continued to carry on the fight against Nazi Germany?------- Highly doubtful.
Provence has become expensive. I don't know if it's as expensive as London - probably not. It's been a couple of years since I was in Provence, so I can't say for sure.
I don't know if I agree with you on the subject of carrying on the fight against Nazi Germany. I think it is probable that Britain still could have carried on successfully. Dunkirk was the eve of the Battle of Britain and that was almost entirely an RAF engagement. Some Royal Navy - but the Army was not actively involved. If the Germany Army had landed on English shores, that might have been another matter altogether - but that didn't happen. The Battle of Britain lasted until the autumn of 1940 when Hitler decided that Russia was better pickings. This was time enough for the British army to regroup and rebuild, but I believe it would have done this even if the BEF had been lost at Dunkirk. It would have been a much bigger job, but it could have been done. It probably would have meant another generation of young men would have been lost, as was the case in WW1, but it was entirely possible, and I believe the will of the British people would have made it happen.
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#100 Mar 4, 2014
Keisha-J - I very much appreciate the insight you provide into the functioning of European society. It's something that we in the west have a hard time comprehending - like the fascination with British Royals. I used to have sort of a strong desire for study of 19th Century European history but never got around to it as I've come to see things from a Biblical British-Israeli-German-Middle East connection(you may find this interesting
http://vimeo.com/82757725 ). But what you mentioned about another generation lost reminded me of a Sunday TV program called "Conversations" back in the '60's. On one episode the guest was George Kennan - who had been Ambassador to the Soviet Union and who talked about how the Germans lost a whole generation of young middle class males who could not act as a buffer to thwart the rise of Hitler. Just thought I'd add my 2 cents. Thanks again. You're cute too Johnny. LOL

Location hidden

#101 Mar 6, 2014
yon wrote:
Keisha-J - I very much appreciate the insight you provide into the functioning of European society. It's something that we in the west have a hard time comprehending - like the fascination with British Royals. I used to have sort of a strong desire for study of 19th Century European history but never got around to it as I've come to see things from a Biblical British-Israeli-German-Middle East connection(you may find this interesting
http://vimeo.com/82757725 ). But what you mentioned about another generation lost reminded me of a Sunday TV program called "Conversations" back in the '60's. On one episode the guest was George Kennan - who had been Ambassador to the Soviet Union and who talked about how the Germans lost a whole generation of young middle class males who could not act as a buffer to thwart the rise of Hitler. Just thought I'd add my 2 cents. Thanks again. You're cute too Johnny. LOL
Thank you for your kind words. I have saved the vimeo.com video to my computer so that I may view it in length and at my leisure. It is of great interest to me and I thank you ever so much for referring me to it. I have always been interested in the ancient civilizations, particularly those of the Old Testiment, and before. I have not visited this subject for quite some time, but you have awakened my interest. As a girl I read at length about the Templar Knights and their adventures into the Holy Land, particularly their excursion into the ruins of Solomon's temple and into the Holy of Holies, all at the direction of the Holy Pontif. To this day it is not known exactly what ancient treasures they carried back to France and Italy.
Yes, I did mention "another generation lost." World War 1 was such a devastating war that an entire generation of men was wiped out in both England and Germany. This generation was comprised of not only middle-class men but also the ruling-class who, at that time, still found it chivalrous to lead their men into battle. And battles were waged with mindless neglect for human life.
Thanks for mentioning the Royals. I am an unashamed Monarchist. The Monacrhy, in my opinion, represents a cultural and physical connection with not only British history, but European history, that has the effect of binding people together, much like the tendons and muscles in the human body, it is the stuff which makes us a people and not just a tribe.
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#103 Mar 6, 2014
Thanks Keisha-J - Just happened to notice something the other day that might be history doing some kind of repeat.

Hillary Clinton compares Vladimir Putinís actions in Ukraine to Adolf Hitlerís in Nazi Germany - http://www.presstelegram.com/general-news/201...

For the record I am of the very strong conviction that Great Britain and a good deal of Northern Europe were settled by the "Lost Tribes of Israel". For instance, if you look at a map the tribal name Dan is ubiquitous and then there are many legends in Ireland which I believe to be the resting place of the prophet Jeremiah, not to mention the British throne itself. BTW - don't know if you know it , but the oldest city in Germany is named for an Assyrian King/Prince. The Assyrians were not nice people and the Germans have started 3 wars in the last 100+ years. I wonder if it's in their blood as it's certainly in their cultural legends along with our good friends in Moscow. There was a TV series back in the '60's called Hogan's Heroes that ran for six years about Allied POW's in Germany. I have all the episodes and just keep replaying them with some kind of fascination - not sure why - maybe it's the sense of cultural history.
Peace out.

Location hidden

#104 Mar 6, 2014
yon wrote:
Thanks Keisha-J - Just happened to notice something the other day that might be history doing some kind of repeat.
Hillary Clinton compares Vladimir Putinís actions in Ukraine to Adolf Hitlerís in Nazi Germany - http://www.presstelegram.com/general-news/201...
For the record I am of the very strong conviction that Great Britain and a good deal of Northern Europe were settled by the "Lost Tribes of Israel". For instance, if you look at a map the tribal name Dan is ubiquitous and then there are many legends in Ireland which I believe to be the resting place of the prophet Jeremiah, not to mention the British throne itself. BTW - don't know if you know it , but the oldest city in Germany is named for an Assyrian King/Prince. The Assyrians were not nice people and the Germans have started 3 wars in the last 100+ years. I wonder if it's in their blood as it's certainly in their cultural legends along with our good friends in Moscow. There was a TV series back in the '60's called Hogan's Heroes that ran for six years about Allied POW's in Germany. I have all the episodes and just keep replaying them with some kind of fascination - not sure why - maybe it's the sense of cultural history.
Peace out.
Yes, I read about Hillary's comment. Obviously a reference to Hitler's annexation of Sudentenland in 1938. With European borders shifting so frequently as they have in the past few hundred years, communities of one country's citizens end up within another country's borders. Such was the case Hitler made in 1938, claiming repatriation of German-speaking people within the borders of Czechoslovakia. Actually there were elements within European governments at the time which tactly supported Hitler's move In Sudentenland. But that's another story. Similarly in Ukraine. Here, a Soviet decree in the early 1950s transferred the Crimea from Russian control to Ukraine. This move had the effect of increasing the ethnic Russian population in Ukraine by over a million people. And the number has grown since. The decree was very controversial and still is amongst Russian politicians and legalists. Obviously Mr. Putin regrets the decree having been made.
I personally believe that there is ample historic precendent to support Putin's move. And I think this is what he is counting on. America and most European countries have no moral ground upon which to be waggling their fingers at Russia. You only have to look at the Monroe Doctrine to see the evidence. It was passed by President Monroe in the early 19th century as a means of deterring European powers from intervening in the western hemisphere. It served as an excuse for American incursions into Cuba, Nicaragua, Chile, Panama, Grenada, Venezuela, and more. In fact America did not pronounce the Monroe Doctrine dead until last year. By the standards of the Monroe Doctrine, Russia's incursion into Crimea looks normal.
The US invaded the sovereign country of Granada without UN approval and without seeking any international approval.
During the Vietnam war the US invaded Cambodia, a sovereign country.
President Jackson saw to it that Texas was ŗnnexed`from Mexico under the guise of fighting for American freedom. It was pure and simple a land grab.
NATO itself is guilty of similar acts. NATO`s decision to bomb Yugoslavia came with no UN approval and weak international support outside of the NATO community.
European history is filled with examples of sovereign incursions.
Lately, Chinese troops have taken up residence in a northern Indian province, claiming territorial rights.
All this, and yet when a half-million of people were being massacred in Rwanda, there was no incursion by the moralilzing western nations.
Enough already!
I am quickly running out of characters here. Please PM me. I would really like to continue this. Please.

Location hidden

#105 Mar 6, 2014
yon wrote:
Peace out.
I must know what city in Germay it is that is the oldest. I assume it is Trier but I'm not certain.
I don't know a great deal about the 10 lost tribes of Israel except that the tribe of Dan is supposed to have settled in Europe, thus the frequency of the name Dan in European names, like Danube. I've read though that there is little DNA evidence to support the 10-lost-tribes theory, if I may call it a theory because to a believer it definitely is not. I personally would explain this away by the ebb and flow of peoples over the centuries. Perhaps a weak argument but I prefer to believe the scriptures.
I had never before heard that the resting place of Jeremiah could be Ireland. I would love to pursue this topic.
I know that the Assyrians were a pretty aggressive lot, having conquered Israel and expelled 10 of the 12 tribes. I know too that they occupied a large part of Europe during the height of their dominance. The German connection seems likely as Germany has undeniably exhibited aggression. I would love to hear what else you have to say at length on this topic.
Hogan's Heroes. Yes, it's made a comeback here on public television. I watch it with my son. Sergeant Schultz is our favourite. I don't know what it is but I find things German rather compelling. It might be like you said, a sense of cultural history.
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#106 Mar 7, 2014
I would recommend http://www.herbert-armstrong.org/indexUSBIP.h...

BTW - my middle name happens to be Dane and a couple years ago I sent off for a DNA test kit that establishes Jewish ancestry. They keep sending me matches.( I never met a Jewish girl I didn't like - LOL) I'm not Jewish - just consider them relatives..

When the Assyrians conquered the Northern Kingdom of Israel they did a lot of relocating. And then they, the Babylonians and Lost Tribes were dispersed into Russia and Eastern Europe and Scandinavia. So it just looks like a reshuffling of the deck as it were with the Medo-Persians attempting to reestablish their empire. Then there's Egypt - and speaking of DNA - http://beforeitsnews.com/prophecy/2014/02/sho...

I know I'm not the sharpest tack in box - but I just keep digging in that pile of manure - cause I know there has to be a pony. LOL

Shalom Aleichem

http://kolhator.org.il/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 min RiccardoFire 97,993
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min June VanDerMark 579,154
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 6 min theswamiji 5,924
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min WelbyMD 817,693
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min Charlie Sheen 270,161
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 23 min RiccardoFire 39,959
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 24 min trifecta1 609,862
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 29 min WasteWater 1,992
More from around the web