Bush pushes GOP lawmakers to back wir...

Bush pushes GOP lawmakers to back wiretaps

There are 7 comments on the SF Gate story from Feb 11, 2006, titled Bush pushes GOP lawmakers to back wiretaps. In it, SF Gate reports that:

Cambridge, Md. -- President Bush defended his warrantless eavesdropping program to House Republicans on Friday amid criticism by some in his own party, telling lawmakers the activities were legal and under ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SF Gate.

Realist

United States

#1 Feb 11, 2006
The program is already dead if we assume the terrrorists are not so stupid that they don't monitor the US Media. I don't know if any attacks were foiled because of the monitoring; however, I absolutely know that the dead program won't foil any attacks. The media and the congress should be prepared to step up to the plate and take partial credit for any further attacks. But they won't. If global warming, hurricane Katrina, and the lack of a chicken in every pot is Bush's fault, then so will be the next disaster whether natural or man-made. The good news is that the terrorists, holed up in some cave, are probably dying even as we speak. Dying laughing.

Since: Feb 06

Location hidden

#2 Feb 11, 2006
Realist wrote:
The program is already dead if we assume the terrrorists are not so stupid that they don't monitor the US Media. I don't know if any attacks were foiled because of the monitoring; however, I absolutely know that the dead program won't foil any attacks. The media and the congress should be prepared to step up to the plate and take partial credit for any further attacks. But they won't. If global warming, hurricane Katrina, and the lack of a chicken in every pot is Bush's fault, then so will be the next disaster whether natural or man-made. The good news is that the terrorists, holed up in some cave, are probably dying even as we speak. Dying laughing.
Yes Yes,,,,,,,,,Another Texan
Bob the Unbeliever

Tulsa, OK

#3 Feb 11, 2006
Realist wrote:
... The media and the congress should be prepared to step up to the plate and take partial credit for any further attacks......
And you call yourself a "Realist"?

How about BUSH's creation of a nice hot-bed of terrorist-training-on-the-job in the form of Iraq.

How about BUSH's changing the perception of the USofA by the world from a "mostly benevelant super-power" to a "bully-superpower". Which FOSTERS even MORE terrorists ...

Do you think Bush will take responsibility for ANY of that? HA! Bush won't take responsibility for BREATHING ...
Darwins Stepchild

AOL

#6 Feb 12, 2006
W-04...

Oh goody. Somebody trusts the government! I know its a tough job, but I guess someone has to do it.
Bob the Unbeliever

Tulsa, OK

#7 Feb 12, 2006
W-04 hooah l wrote:
BTU ! what the heck are you talking about??????? What does that have to do with listening to terrorist using our sat system?
<quoted text>
Nothing.

If you had bothered to read what I QUOTED from "realist" you would see the point I was attempting to make.

Then again, you seem to be a "I just BELIEVE bush is a good guy" type and I seriously doubt you will be convinced by simple FACT.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#8 Aug 27, 2014
No surprise here

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#9 Aug 27, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
W-04...
Oh goody. Somebody trusts the government! I know its a tough job, but I guess someone has to do it.
Lol!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 min X Pendable 182,957
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Michael 650,512
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Hukt on Fonix 971,847
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 20 min Bongo 56,115
Why are white people so insecure ? (Feb '10) 21 min Boxer MMA 201
You can't get electricuted sticking a key in an... (Nov '09) 36 min AnonymousX 5
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 106,072
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr ChristineM 445,930
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 12 hr kobechi3 71
More from around the web