created by: outlaw1205 | Aug 28, 2008

Top Stories

2,041 votes

How long do Native Americans get a free ride

Click on an option to vote

  • Forever
  • 5 more years
  • 10 more years
  • 20 more years
  • 50 more years
  • 100 more years
Comments
5,701 - 5,720 of 5,737 Comments Last updated Apr 20, 2014
Judas Wife

Evansdale, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6005
Oct 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I find those who enjoy belittling others have lost the compass within themselves. It sad that from the few intelligent and ones I thought were intelligent that it always reverts to our elders. We Easterners are rebuked and considered ignorant to the Westerners by one post. I believe, good and evil walks in every path. Some of us try not to be condescending to others no matter from where they come, rich or poor, dark skinned or fair. The Native American today has lost more than can be financially returned: his name ( when forced to be educated and Christianized), the true land from whence their tribes come : the Cherokee from North Carolina, Tennessee including parts of Georgia, Kentucky ...To ask that question : How long will Native Americans get a free ride? The Cherokee, the Shoshone, the Sioux, no tribe has ever received a " free ride." The Europeans and Spanish rode in with their diseases and horses and eloquent words that has come to mean SHIT!! It was they who gave the Natives of this great Land a ride, a ride that meant to fight and die, be peaceful and let your Great Chief go to the white prison. Too many brave men died battling and now all that can ever be possible is tolerance...:(

“Land of Entrapment”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6006
Oct 16, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Judas Wife wrote:
I find those who enjoy belittling others have lost the compass within themselves. It sad that from the few intelligent and ones I thought were intelligent that it always reverts to our elders. We Easterners are rebuked and considered ignorant to the Westerners by one post. I believe, good and evil walks in every path. Some of us try not to be condescending to others no matter from where they come, rich or poor, dark skinned or fair. The Native American today has lost more than can be financially returned: his name ( when forced to be educated and Christianized), the true land from whence their tribes come : the Cherokee from North Carolina, Tennessee including parts of Georgia, Kentucky ...To ask that question : How long will Native Americans get a free ride? The Cherokee, the Shoshone, the Sioux, no tribe has ever received a " free ride." The Europeans and Spanish rode in with their diseases and horses and eloquent words that has come to mean SHIT!! It was they who gave the Natives of this great Land a ride, a ride that meant to fight and die, be peaceful and let your Great Chief go to the white prison. Too many brave men died battling and now all that can ever be possible is tolerance...:(
I am going to repost this else where. Hope it is alright w/you.

“Handsome white and black men”

Since: Jan 10

Interracial love

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6007
Oct 16, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The Native Americans are the rightful rulers of this land.
blue_zinc

Amherst, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6008
Dec 9, 2012
 
Reverend Ashcroft wrote:
Haven't you folks read the book "God is an Englishman"?
"Reverend Ashcroft" "God is an Englishman"-

Where is your God, Reverend?
blue_zinc

Amherst, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6009
Dec 9, 2012
 
U ND HLP wrote:
i just want to comment on my perspective and why some white, black and other minorities have a problem with the money in which the reservations are given....In my part of the country, there is a reservation about 20 miles away. And it is a dump, and theyve made it a dump. The rez sits in a beautiful setting, with a large lake/reservoir, and a beautiful large state park that is well kept for all to enjoy. But just 5 minutes from those nature beauties is a small run down town, that is only loaded with gambling and tobacco/gas stations. they've let their town go to hell.
We, as neighboring communities have tried to organize events, such as basketball and hockey tournaments with them, and they turn it into a money scam, trying to charge us for using local school basketball courts, yet they come to our towns and pay nothing for the use of our facilities. Even gone so far as to bring weapons, such as baseball bats and numb-chucks to a hockey tourney.
Many NA's certainly derserve the right to be treated and given back to, for what their ANCESTOR'S lost. but not all derserve it, when they ruin a town, and hold the state hostage with their casinos. I'm mostly tired of hearing how our people were this/that. your ancestors were treated unfairly, not you in the 21st century.
"U ND HLP" Why some white, black and other minorities have a problem with the money in which the reservations are given...."
"There is a reservation about 20 mile's away. And it is a dump, and theyve made it a dump."

U can say, the reservations are not given the taxpayers money and U benefit from the taxes and not the NA.
blue_zinc

Amherst, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6010
Dec 9, 2012
 
U ND HLP wrote:
i just want to comment on my perspective and why some white, black and other minorities have a problem with the money in which the reservations are given....In my part of the country, there is a reservation about 20 miles away. And it is a dump, and theyve made it a dump. The rez sits in a beautiful setting, with a large lake/reservoir, and a beautiful large state park that is well kept for all to enjoy. But just 5 minutes from those nature beauties is a small run down town, that is only loaded with gambling and tobacco/gas stations. they've let their town go to hell.
We, as neighboring communities have tried to organize events, such as basketball and hockey tournaments with them, and they turn it into a money scam, trying to charge us for using local school basketball courts, yet they come to our towns and pay nothing for the use of our facilities. Even gone so far as to bring weapons, such as baseball bats and numb-chucks to a hockey tourney.
Many NA's certainly derserve the right to be treated and given back to, for what their ANCESTOR'S lost. but not all derserve it, when they ruin a town, and hold the state hostage with their casinos. I'm mostly tired of hearing how our people were this/that. your ancestors were treated unfairly, not you in the 21st century.
"U ND HLP" "the rez sits in a beautiful setting, with a large lake/reservoir and a beautiful large state park that is well kept for all to enjoy."-

U would like the own the lake/reservoir and the state park "the rez sits in?"
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6011
Dec 9, 2012
 
Titles like this is why many people hate people who are insensitive to the plights of others.
great pyr

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6013
Dec 13, 2012
 
5-13-10, Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer signed into law a bill to ban ethnic studies. Tom Horne, Super. of public schools, supported the ban. Calls "ethnic studies" "high treason". It teaches citizens to hate white people, Horne says. In other words, we can't let people "of color" know what we (white people) have done because they will despise our behaviour.
Hmmm.... God bless America. Land of genocide and the home of the slave.

jls

Edmonton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6014
Dec 23, 2012
 
mic8369 wrote:
why should anybody get a free ride, everyone needs to work and get things on their own to survive
so true!
jls

Edmonton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6015
Dec 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I am Soo sick of the free rides u natives get. I am not native but my child is. U r all about money. Always wanting more.i do know u get free education , free dental and prescriptions and Soo much more..cheques all the time ..why do u all deny that?complaining for more? U should be the richest folks around! My ansestors were treated bad as yours!wheres my cash?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6016
Dec 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

emperorjohn wrote:
The Native Americans are the rightful rulers of this land.
Europeans murdered most of them and stole their land.

If the UN can give Israel back to the Jews after 2000 years, why is the Native American claim that is less than 150 years old not as valid ?
jls

Edmonton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6018
Dec 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Europeans murdered most of them and stole their land.
If the UN can give Israel back to the Jews after 2000 years, why is the Native American claim that is less than 150 years old not as valid ?
Past is over...

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6019
Dec 23, 2012
 
jls wrote:
<quoted text>Past is over...
Why didn't anyone tell the Jews that in 1949 ?
eq rights

Maple Ridge, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6022
Jan 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

rasism exists because people get treated differently at least that is one reason, if a black person assults a white person its assult if it were the other way around it would be a hate crime i oppse the natives getting everything handed to them because once upon a time we took your land, build a bridge and get over... get off your lazy native butts and get a job and pay for stuff yourself im tired of being taxed so that you guys do have to pay anything or do anything. its not right and its not fair to everyone else and as far as you guys being here first i suggest you go to school and learn who you really are as medical science says you guys are spanish that have declared your own religion

“Where is Cookeville?”

Since: Dec 07

Cookeville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6023
Jan 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Judas Wife wrote:
I find those who enjoy belittling others have lost the compass within themselves. It sad that from the few intelligent and ones I thought were intelligent that it always reverts to our elders. We Easterners are rebuked and considered ignorant to the Westerners by one post. I believe, good and evil walks in every path. Some of us try not to be condescending to others no matter from where they come, rich or poor, dark skinned or fair. The Native American today has lost more than can be financially returned: his name ( when forced to be educated and Christianized), the true land from whence their tribes come : the Cherokee from North Carolina, Tennessee including parts of Georgia, Kentucky ...To ask that question : How long will Native Americans get a free ride? The Cherokee, the Shoshone, the Sioux, no tribe has ever received a " free ride." The Europeans and Spanish rode in with their diseases and horses and eloquent words that has come to mean SHIT!! It was they who gave the Natives of this great Land a ride, a ride that meant to fight and die, be peaceful and let your Great Chief go to the white prison. Too many brave men died battling and now all that can ever be possible is tolerance...:(
Bah. Yes, the Indian Chieftains that sold their own daughters to De Soto for the price of a horse or the Cherokee that were slavers themselves that sold out their own people to Jackson in order to maintain their seats of power. You tugged my heart-strings for a minute there, with your referrence to the Eastern people who suppossedly revere their heritage so much, until you realize that it was just last week that the Finance Minister of Japan was caught on camera saying that the elderly should just "hurry up and die" to alleviate the burden on the taxpayer. Have you actually ever READ a book or looked up what one is or bothered to educate yourself or watched the news or anything? http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jan/22/e...
you might would be surprised. Probably not, though. You seem kind of stupid.

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6025
Feb 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Ho-hum. Same old Same old. All you folks telling weach other to 'read a book', and making outrageous claims on both sides. Nobody, it seems, has bothered to crack a history book since childhood.
Boy. the things you see when you ain't got a gun.
How 'bout a relatively recent event, known as The Vietnam War. The largest percapita of veterans to local population in the United States is Hoonah Alaska. A town of seven hundred souls, and every man born between 1948 and 1953 participated in that 'conflict'. All Native Americans. They are predominatly Tlingit, but also represented by Haisa, Tsimtsian, and Metlakatlans.
In the most recent wars, a dozen Natives have perished in the middle east, and for what? To make our 'fearless leader' look like a no-nonsense kind of guy?
Why mention this? Because the racist among you would deny Natives their rightful Veterans benefits somply because they are Native. And all this 'free ride' crap is just that, CRAP. I dount that many of you could survive on reservations, or be happy with the quality oif the 'free' medical attention the average Native gets. Hell, any bendekko from bendekkostan gets better medical than Any Native American, and all those F*cks have to do is swim the frickin river.
Go to The Department of the Interior, Bureau of Indian Affairs site, and it tells you right up front that most Native Americans Don't get money from the government. It's a myth, like blacks and their donkey dicks. It just aint true.

“Winchester Model 1894”

Since: Apr 07

Roy, Washington

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6026
Feb 12, 2013
 
You tell 'em Blackheart!!

“Land of Entrapment”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6027
Feb 12, 2013
 
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Europeans murdered most of them and stole their land.
If the UN can give Israel back to the Jews after 2000 years, why is the Native American claim that is less than 150 years old not as valid ?
aWESOME Point!

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6028
Feb 13, 2013
 
MPMARTIN wrote:
You tell 'em Blackheart!!
Hey, Old Friend! How Been? I just wanted to see if anyone was paying attention. Haven't been on any of these sites for months now. Had to say something here, even if I was just whistling in the wind.

“Where is Cookeville?”

Since: Dec 07

Cookeville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6030
Apr 21, 2013
 
Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
Ho-hum. Same old Same old. All you folks telling weach other to 'read a book', and making outrageous claims on both sides. Nobody, it seems, has bothered to crack a history book since childhood.
Boy. the things you see when you ain't got a gun.
How 'bout a relatively recent event, known as The Vietnam War. The largest percapita of veterans to local population in the United States is Hoonah Alaska. A town of seven hundred souls, and every man born between 1948 and 1953 participated in that 'conflict'. All Native Americans. They are predominatly Tlingit, but also represented by Haisa, Tsimtsian, and Metlakatlans.
In the most recent wars, a dozen Natives have perished in the middle east, and for what? To make our 'fearless leader' look like a no-nonsense kind of guy?
Why mention this? Because the racist among you would deny Natives their rightful Veterans benefits somply because they are Native. And all this 'free ride' crap is just that, CRAP. I dount that many of you could survive on reservations, or be happy with the quality oif the 'free' medical attention the average Native gets. Hell, any bendekko from bendekkostan gets better medical than Any Native American, and all those F*cks have to do is swim the frickin river.
Go to The Department of the Interior, Bureau of Indian Affairs site, and it tells you right up front that most Native Americans Don't get money from the government. It's a myth, like blacks and their donkey dicks. It just aint true.
what on earth are you talking about? that is the dumbest statement I have seen anyone put to print. Medical-care and Native Americans? Do you actualy have the ability to formulate a coherent statement, or are you just drooling at this point? I hate to break this to you, sweetheart, but any "fences" around a modern-day "reservation" are meant to keep people "out," not in, you idiot. Anybody that wants to move there, live there, realistically speaking..., be forced by idiots to "grow up there..." here, or in Canada, or Mexico, for that matter... that's not a "government" issue, hell, by now, that's not even a "societal" isszsue. That's all you, especially in the States. You can leave at ANY time. Dumbass.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 3 min DeAngelo of Memphis 2,186
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min guest 537,128
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min It aint necessari... 730,271
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 27 min Falcon 668
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 33 min Pegasus 259,311
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 36 min shyam 988
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 52 min River Tam 225,655
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr UidiotRaceMAkeWor... 172,954
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 7 hr Tim Osman 117,803

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••