Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2012

Judged:

UnbiasedEar88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who the hell are you responding to? And did you even take the time to read my post??? IM AGAINST the freaking hand outs for the natives! I said i COULD carry a status card and spend tax payers money on unnecessary things like these leeches seem to love to do, but oh wait, i AM one of those hard working tax payers! Why dont you take a second to actually review what it is you are firing your big pie hole off about. You just made yourself look like a fool.. Eh, Good job der buddy!
Here's to NOT justifying your next response with another; you cant be bothered to take the time for an appropriate debate in the first place anyhow..
blow it out your monkeyhole.
Great Pyr

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2012

Judged:

UnbiasedEar88 wrote:
I personally believe that in Canada this whole compensation issue is an absolute joke! I used to live up north where there were many, and i mean many, reserves that calling them run down welfare breeding grounds would be a step up. These "poor innocent people" who had land stripped from them and their resources ravaged are LONG GONE. This generation of natives recieving government support do not(in most cases) actually use the money to better their life, but to indulge in addictions. For example, around 2008 our government hand handed out our hard working tax payers money to these "helpless" individuals, and do you know what happened after this? Liquor stores were wiped absolutely CLEAN!! Now, is this coincidence?
I was born in winnipeg, mb where there is an extremely large population of natives, and most of them lived on the street. Why oh why do we let them use history as a crutch?? They can use their status to obtain FREE POST SECONDARY EDUCATION, FREE FOOD, CHEAP HOUSING, FREE MEDICAL CARE. ALL THIS to better their lives, but do they? NO! They want to use EXCUSE AFTER EXCUSE to rape whatever hard working people we have now. Lets start CUTTING THE B.S! ITS NOT ABOUT BEING NATIVE OR BEING WHITE OR PURPLE!! I AM a visibly white minority who gets DISCRIMINATED by other ethnic cultures when applying for jobs in a freaking capital city!! Dare i place the race card, i wouldnt be given a second glance! CANADA has TWO official languages, FRENCH and ENGLISH. yet to apply for jobs open to the general public I must speak PUNJABI or MANDARIN. id be called a racist if i said they cant do that!
Im getting off topic here.
Point blank, having come from a single parent home with an alcoholic father and a mother that was never there for me I have still managed to build an amazing life for MYSELF. NO HANDOUTS, NO GOVERNMENT ASSISTANCE. Good HONEST, HARD work!
Ps. I have enough metis in me to obtain a status card myself, but CHOOSE to succeed by my own means.
Today's society is a drain on society...
Ahh, 500 years of genocide. Someone wants to judge someone.
Great Pyr

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2012

Judged:

Excuse me, UnbisasedEar88. Generation after generation, children were taken from their families and sent to X-tian boarding schools where they were abused in all manner of ways. There are also metabollic differences, chromosonal differences, not to mention cultural differences. So, if you find it difficult to feel empathy for these people who you feel live in the past, watch "American Outrage", I believe it was on PBS. This government still continues its long running battle against the NA.(Leonard Peltier.) Salamanca Lease. Cobell. Mt. Rushmore. Jeez, I best stop now. If you feel the "Indians" gave up hope, you're wrong. Ask John Trudell. Or Tim Giago.
Great Pyr

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2012

Judged:

Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey,m Old Friend. You also forgot that it was a story I wrote that got me that handle. It was called,'Crossroads', and, yes, I still have it. There was also 'Missionary Man', and one other that I don't remember the name of, might have been 'The Village Idiot' but cant'e be sure. It was Fourteen years ago.
I still have your email address, and if you'd like, I can send Crossroads, but the other two are gone. Victims of computer viruses. I have hard copies of them somewhere, but ain't exactly sure Where, ya know?
Say the word, and it'll be in your mailbox the same day.
I believe it takes a village to raise an idiot and that's what America is trying to do. That idiot is about to bankrupt us. That idiot is importees from 3rd world countries like Sudan. I work and pay taxes for that??? For Sudan??? For war??? How archaic!!! Pine Ridge is 3rd world and I would be more than happy to help there.

Since: Apr 12

Delta, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2012

Great Pyr wrote:
Excuse me, UnbisasedEar88. Generation after generation, children were taken from their families and sent to X-tian boarding schools where they were abused in all manner of ways. There are also metabollic differences, chromosonal differences, not to mention cultural differences. So, if you find it difficult to feel empathy for these people who you feel live in the past, watch "American Outrage", I believe it was on PBS. This government still continues its long running battle against the NA.(Leonard Peltier.) Salamanca Lease. Cobell. Mt. Rushmore. Jeez, I best stop now. If you feel the "Indians" gave up hope, you're wrong. Ask John Trudell. Or Tim Giago.
Well thats all great but i can only speak for the country i live in and the rep natives are giving themselves here.
In canada they are free loading, welfare abusing low lives.

Delta, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2012

Great Pyr wrote:
Calling it like i see it..and what the facts read..

“Indigenous”

Since: Feb 11

Sacred Land

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2012

Judged:

UnbiasedEar88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well thats all great but i can only speak for the country i live in and the rep natives are giving themselves here.
The only low life I see here is YOU.

Just Sayin'

Delta, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2012

Judged:

Sioux Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>The only low life I see here is YOU.
Just Sayin'
The type of response one would expect from a grade school student who lacks the ability to form their own rebuttal with some validity. The replies to this post has only shown me that i was offending the very types of natives i had been referring to. Point proven: te "proud, respectable " aboriginals had vanished long ago. Society is a drain on society...

“Indigenous”

Since: Feb 11

Sacred Land

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2012

Judged:

UnbiasedEar88 wrote:
<quoted text>
The type of response one would expect from a grade school student who lacks the ability to form their own rebuttal with some validity. The replies to this post has only shown me that i was offending the very types of natives i had been referring to. Point proven: te "proud, respectable " aboriginals had vanished long ago. Society is a drain on society...
Well next time little one, don't come off as a racist dumbass. Food for thought!

Just Sayin'

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2012

Judged:

countrylovin42 wrote:
What the hell? Free ride!! Have you ever seen what a joke that free ride is? I have. Have you ever asked a native American if they feel free? They don't. As for drugs and liquor, that's not the exclusive property of the native nations. Do a little reading. It was war then slavery then genocide. So because native Americans aren't black or Jewish they have no rights? What a crock. My great great grandfather survived the march of the Cherokee nation. Barely. His mother fell. His father fell. The kindness of one man saved him. My grandfather was just a small child and another took him and cared for him as much as possible. So when you ask when is the payment done. The answer is never. What little the government does will never never never be enough. Its funny how if a black man says your people killed mine he gets sympathy but if a red man says it he's just looking to get drunk or high. If a Jewish man says they killed my whole family he gets sympathy. If a red man says it he's a savage and it was his fault for being on the white mans land before they got here. Try reading a little and then come back and ask your questions. Obviously idiocy knows no bounds.
Nice post, but someone is going to say that you're whining (probably a canuck). They always say that these things are 'ancient history'. But, my grandfather was born in 1888, three years before Wounded Knee. and his father was alive when the Sand Creek Massacre happened. Does that sound like ancient history?
In 1978, when the Carter administration tried to abrogate all treaties with Native America, Dennis Banks organized The Long Walk, coast to coast, to bring focus on what the goivernment was trying to do. It worked, and the treaties are still in place. Banks came to the Northwest to encourage Natives to join in the event, and a bunch of guys from the Puyallup tribe went along. I couldn't, because my then wife and I were going through tough times, and had split for a short while. I stayed behind and revived my marriage, and missed one of the pivotal moments in Native history. To this day, I don't regret it, if only because my second son came from the marriage, a year later.
fed the f up with FC

Sherwood, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2012

Judged:

free riders are in politics

Delta, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2012

Apparently im a racist native now...
Great Pyr

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2012

fed the f up with FC wrote:
free riders are in politics
There's an absolute.
Great Pyr

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2012

Judged:

UnbiasedEar88 wrote:
<quoted text>
So perhaps Canada doesn't teach upper case and lower case letters.(Proper nouns vs. pronouns). Therfore all Canadians are relatively illiterate? And have no concept of punctuation either? Just sayin....
SuzieG

Bantry, Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2012

It's jealousy

They are streets ahead of the white man

More intelligent and powerful

..and they have gorrrrrgeous hair

:~)

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2012

Judged:

countrylovin42 wrote:
<quoted text>
They're will never be a retribution big enough. Never. I'm glad that you were able to save your marriage. If I were you I would have done the same. You did get a son and that is something you should never regret. I was still to young to appreciate who and what I was in '78. I look at my family's history and can only hurt and weep for all the atrocities that were co.omitted against the native peoples. The American people should still be shamed by the actions of others. Because the natives were treated less than a slave. Black people have no idea what is to be seen less valuable than a stray dog. Don't get me wrong slavery was wrong completely . Sorry doesn't cover what happened to the black people. There does come a time to let it go and move on. However how can the native people of this country let it go when the government insists on keeping native peoples downtrodden. I have never seen movies in Hollywood made about cowboys fighting the dreaded Jews or Negros or chinamen. Its always cowboys and Indians and the red man is always the bad guy. They are also portrayed as ignorant and foolish. If a movie about Negros was even attempted there would be a huge uproar from all people. Native people are still portrayed as savages. To some degree they were. But only after learning to fight against those with guns and armor. The did savage things sometimes but so did every other people in the world. We are a misunderstood and misrepresented race.
Well, the marriage lasted eight years instead of two, but my son is 32 now. I married my second wife the same year my first marriage ended. We had four more children, and their mom passed away earlier this month. She was 47, and didn't have to die. The 911 operator screwed around when my kids called, leaving her on the floor for fifteen minutes, while the operator was trying to ascertain what 'not breathing' meant. I'm suing the county for wrongful death on behalf of the children. My second daughter is pregnant with mom's first grandchild, and now child and grandchild are denied their mother/geandmother.
Know what's funny? I have to go out of Shasta county to find a lawyer. Everybody in redding is racially biased, and won't give their best on our behalf. I'm getting representation from Sacramento

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2012

Judged:

stupid argument. time elapsed does not just mean a wrong committed goes away. if canada and the u.s. want to pride themselves on being decent humanists, you can't just decide 'shit yeah dudes, compensation has been paid back in full'... especially after pretty much destroying the land that is considered sacred in native american spirituality. Besides... most Natives I went to school with were the best to chill with. That 'free ride' meant I had some of the best benders of my life in the pub.

Delta, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2012

wendeldark wrote:
stupid argument. time elapsed does not just mean a wrong committed goes away. if canada and the u.s. want to pride themselves on being decent humanists, you can't just decide 'shit yeah dudes, compensation has been paid back in full'... especially after pretty much destroying the land that is considered sacred in native american spirituality. Besides... most Natives I went to school with were the best to chill with. That 'free ride' meant I had some of the best benders of my life in the pub.
"most Natives I went to school with were the best to chill with. That 'free ride' meant I had some of the best benders of my life in the pub."
Thanks for further validating my point.. So you somehow feel that they still need to be compensated to do what? Drink it away? This thread is a joke. I'm out.

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2012

not at all. was simply making a generalization regarding most of my native friends as people I really enjoy spending time with. Considering with regards to education, they were given it for free, rather than handed a big bag of cash and told to 'spend it wisely.' not worded well on my part.
Great Pyr

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2012

Judged:

UnbiasedEar88 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you must consider "natives" to be free-loaders, I must ask what country your ancestors are from. Who are the free-loaders? Welfare, in general, is designed to keep poor people down. Designed by the so called "dominant" society, how can you even think of welfare abuse as being either bad or exclusive per race? "Shut up and stay on the Rez., and "Grandmother" will feed you." says the gov.. I am more repulsed by the reputation the gov's earn themselves than by the creative ways the People (NA's anyway) have learned to survive in this "foreign" world.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••