How long do Native Americans get a fr...

How long do Native Americans get a free ride

Created by outlaw1205 on Aug 28, 2008

2,050 votes

Click on an option to vote

Forever

5 more years

10 more years

20 more years

50 more years

100 more years

Since: Apr 09

Omaha, NE

#4207 Jan 17, 2010
Curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> The Sioux Crow and other plains indians had only occupied the land a short time before white man came. They came west and stole the land from the Mandans Cliff dwellers and other tribes. Sitting Bull stated that a peoplw will be on a land for a time and a stronger people will come and take itr away that just the way things are. The Indians never owned the land. They where just squatters. They had no concept of land ownership. They never had property deeds or surveyed property boundries. they just ruled by force. They warred with each other a old indian was 35. no dental care and grinding food with stones their teeth gone. women had the worst of it. Had to chew on hide to make it soft, have children dress and preserve the meat do all the hard work. the men would just hunt fish and play at being a great warror! Jusy a step above the africans They put a stone tip on their spear. The africans just had a sharp stick. Neither knew metalurgy or built roads or any structure more than rocks piled up ot a teppe wickup hogan or in the african case a mud hut made from cow poop. Yep those indians lived in paradise it was just hunky dory NOT!
I do believe you must be the author of my childhood history book. Purhaps u eben fanasise about big injun an big black wemon. meybe u wanna chew my meat? Er, meybe yer a educated lan surveyer, with morals. Hmmm. Stupid africans and their stupid mud hut. Cow poop! Haa! We got all kinds of non biodegradable, plastic, synthetic fiber, faux fur, oleo margarine, saccharine, the B.L.M., aughhh, never mind. You'll never understand.
Curmudgeon

Bexar, AR

#4208 Jan 17, 2010
Little Cat wrote:
<quoted text>
Ethnocentric much?
You also know that not all Native Americans weren't Souix Crow and other plains indians as you say? The Mandans were also considered Native Americans. Not to mention you seemed to forget about the everyone else on the continents of North and South America that pre-dated Columbus. Also, stop using Hollywood as your historical source for how the NAs lived. It never was "cow poop" and "tepe wickup hogan" by any measure.
the Africans has cow poop houses. I kanw that the cherokee had adopted whtie mans ways. navahos lives in hogans as hopiu do. Guarantee you would not live as the indians did before white man came. Indians where Matrialineal communists.
pmeoff

Canada

#4209 Jan 17, 2010
give the free ride to 100% indians and thats all most getting the free ride are quarter or less breeds. there are no real braves or squaws anymore. you got comquered 200 years ago its over you lost suck it up and quit crying for more handouts indians.

“Winchester Model 1894”

Since: Apr 07

Roy, Washington

#4210 Jan 17, 2010
pmeoff wrote:
give the free ride to 100% indians and thats all most getting the free ride are quarter or less breeds. there are no real braves or squaws anymore. you got comquered 200 years ago its over you lost suck it up and quit crying for more handouts indians.
The Nisqually Tribe here in Washington state, just opened a new Youth and Community Center at a cost of 7.6 million dollars, and they did it on their own dime.

How's that for a "free ride"?

“Meow”

Since: May 07

Yacking up a topix hairball

#4211 Jan 17, 2010
Curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> the Africans has cow poop houses. I kanw that the cherokee had adopted whtie mans ways. navahos lives in hogans as hopiu do. Guarantee you would not live as the indians did before white man came. Indians where Matrialineal communists.
How could any of the NAs live the way they did before the white man came? There are too many damn road asphalt roads and concrete cities in the way.
BlackHeart

Redding, CA

#4212 Jan 17, 2010
MPMARTIN wrote:
<quoted text>
The Nisqually Tribe here in Washington state, just opened a new Youth and Community Center at a cost of 7.6 million dollars, and they did it on their own dime.
Shame On You! using logic in a fight like this!
No fair using your brains either! Or haven't you been paying attention to 'the other side'?

“Winchester Model 1894”

Roy, Washington

#4213 Jan 17, 2010
BlackHeart wrote:
<quoted text>
Shame On You! using logic in a fight like this!
No fair using your brains either! Or haven't you been paying attention to 'the other side'?
My humble appologies my friend, I just lost me head for a moment. The very next time I see one of these posts I'll play their game and come out with me knickers down! LOL!

Good to hear from you old friend!! Blessings for this new year!

Omaha, NE

#4214 Jan 17, 2010
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying to drag me back into this, aren't you!
Actually, your comment should have ended with a question mark. I thought you were going to play the role of Dickie Wilson here. By the way, "Soldier Blue" shocked the schmidt out of me. Black Heart didn't mention it was about Sand Creek. Ai yi yi!!! Ooh la la!! Hoka hey! Good golly... JESUS! That is an excellent movie, but one should be forewarned. Black Heart, I thank you.
so right

AOL

#4215 Jan 17, 2010
Realist wrote:
<quoted text>
The reservations are a disgrace, and you are absolutely right. I think native Americans should recieve benefits until the "English/Europeans" go home!!
you hit the nail on the head !!! go home
Dikstelrod

Canada

#4216 Jan 18, 2010
MPMARTIN wrote:
<quoted text>
thats awesome there should be more of that. i know in canada the indians are well looked after and most of them aren't even native to this area they came uo when the U.S. was rounded up the ingines for the reserves down there and we gave them safety but now we are paying dearly for their well being. Its gotta stop.
Curmudgeon

Bexar, AR

#4217 Jan 18, 2010
Little Cat wrote:
<quoted text>
How could any of the NAs live the way they did before the white man came? There are too many damn road asphalt roads and concrete cities in the way.
Well actually they can. Sitting Bull had a vision that a white buffalo calf would be born and shortly there after the white men would leave the greasy Grass Country and the Buffalo would return. Fast forward about a 100 years. A female white bison hefer was born on a farm in wisconsin many indians made a pilgrimage to see it (To them it was as significant as the second coming would be to a christian) A pure white bison not a albino! Then the farmers irrigation pumped the Ogalla aquifer so low that they couldnt irrigate crops. Since they had Govt backed loans they left and the land became govt land again. It was then classed by the last census as frontier less than 3 people per square mile. Then Ted Turner of fox TV became super rich. Ted and Hanoi Jane started raising bison their herd excaped and are now roaming the plains once again. Go try it but you to be authentic you cant have a horse , gun steel knife or anything that the europeans brought. Walk everywhere Use Bow and arrow stone knife.
BlackHeart

Redding, CA

#4218 Jan 18, 2010
great pyr wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, your comment should have ended with a question mark. I thought you were going to play the role of Dickie Wilson here. By the way, "Soldier Blue" shocked the schmidt out of me. Black Heart didn't mention it was about Sand Creek. Ai yi yi!!! Ooh la la!! Hoka hey! Good golly... JESUS! That is an excellent movie, but one should be forewarned. Black Heart, I thank you.
Thought I warned you that it'd rip your guts out. exact words, in fact. I'm betting you watched either the 'R' rated or the unedited version, huh? I own a copy, and watch it whenever they have a john wayne marathon on amc, or one of the other old movies stations. Bet ya again that they NEVER run the unedited version, or even the 'R' rated version of this on any of the 'premium' channels.
BlackHeart

Redding, CA

#4219 Jan 18, 2010
MPMARTIN wrote:
<quoted text>
My humble appologies my friend, I just lost me head for a moment. The very next time I see one of these posts I'll play their game and come out with me knickers down! LOL!
Good to hear from you old friend!! Blessings for this new year!
just trying to help, old friend.

Omaha, NE

#4220 Jan 18, 2010
BlackHeart wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought I warned you that it'd rip your guts out. exact words, in fact. I'm betting you watched either the 'R' rated or the unedited version, huh? I own a copy, and watch it whenever they have a john wayne marathon on amc, or one of the other old movies stations. Bet ya again that they NEVER run the unedited version, or even the 'R' rated version of this on any of the 'premium' channels.
You MAY have warned me, and I've read accounts (realistic ones) of the massacre, and yes, I got the R rated version. But nothing could have prepared me for the actual viewing horrors depicted in this movie. When I began watching it, I thought "BH, you idiot. This is a Jane (of Tarzan fame) and John Wayne movie." I really didn't know it was about Sand Creek. I kept my faith and watched the rest of it, as you had been SO good as to recommend "Pow Wow Highway". Super good movie. You really should watch "The Only Good Indian" with Wes Studi. It won't make you throw up, but it's still an excellent depiction of Am. history.
BlackHeart

Redding, CA

#4221 Jan 19, 2010
great pyr wrote:
<quoted text>You MAY have warned me, and I've read accounts (realistic ones) of the massacre, and yes, I got the R rated version. But nothing could have prepared me for the actual viewing horrors depicted in this movie. When I began watching it, I thought "BH, you idiot. This is a Jane (of Tarzan fame) and John Wayne movie." I really didn't know it was about Sand Creek. I kept my faith and watched the rest of it, as you had been SO good as to recommend "Pow Wow Highway". Super good movie. You really should watch "The Only Good Indian" with Wes Studi. It won't make you throw up, but it's still an excellent depiction of Am. history.
I wasn't there, but two of my brothers were. During the harrowing scenes, some guy laughed out loud when it was playing in the theater back in '71, and all Hell broke loose in the movie house. A riot went on for a good fifteen minutes, and the police didn't want to go in to try and stop it. turns out that a lot of the cops went to the movie, and when they heard what started the fray, they let it run ts course.
funny, when I saw it a couple days later, after the show, folks were coming up to us and apologising for the incident depicted onscreen.
and then the 'billy jack' movies came out. heh.

“Winchester Model 1894”

Roy, Washington

#4222 Jan 19, 2010
HEY!! BH! wazzup bro? you can't sleep either?

“Fear is the Mind-Killer”

Since: Jun 08

Albuquerque, NM

#4223 Jan 19, 2010
Little Cat wrote:
<quoted text>
Britain recently resurrected an old free roaming law, allowing anyone to travel across private property so long as they did not harm the land or damage property. This was also a Nordic law still used in Sweden or Norway. In this way, large corporate land-owners would not be able to monopolize so much land. Or better yet, why don't the NA's lobby for corporate property rights to be revoked, reversing laws created only a century ago?(Corporations don't need land to function, they are just trying to avoid being renters.) That would leave vast tracks of land available for use, and even to be purchased by the tribes. Heck, lobby Washington to return National Forests back to the Natives, which they can't manage worth a damned anyway.

I think there are things the NA's have not considered.

“Fear is the Mind-Killer”

Since: Jun 08

Albuquerque, NM

#4224 Jan 19, 2010
great pyr wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, your comment should have ended with a question mark. I thought you were going to play the role of Dickie Wilson here. By the way, "Soldier Blue" shocked the schmidt out of me. Black Heart didn't mention it was about Sand Creek. Ai yi yi!!! Ooh la la!! Hoka hey! Good golly... JESUS! That is an excellent movie, but one should be forewarned. Black Heart, I thank you.
I have that and other Blackheart recommendations on my Netflix queue. Just wish I had more time.

Since: Jul 09

Clements, CA

#4225 Jan 19, 2010
Black Kettle was a peace loving, friendly cheif who never had engaged the US Army before and who was dearly loved by many more NA's than were in his village.

I need to see this movie!!

Since: Nov 09

Anchorage, AK

#4226 Jan 19, 2010
I am currently a doctor. I Went to Sanford. Suck on that. I'm serious.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 11 min 07 Mustang 7,161
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 19 min Aura Mytha 123,327
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 286,526
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr lil whispers 619,446
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr Huh 982,215
_ VATICAN to get 'Legal Right' to TEMPLE MOUNT _ 5 hr NewsJune2017 YTube 1
america needs more TRUTH AND JUSTICE 5 hr hacksaw 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 hr Born Again Holy C... 681,739
More from around the web