Second Ammendment
Tell Me

Olive Hill, KY

#1 Jan 10, 2013
What was thew original purpose of the second amendment?
crzzzd

Ellwood City, PA

#2 Jan 10, 2013
youtube.com/watch...
Guns Harmless
every troll here but you

Blacklick, OH

#3 Jan 10, 2013
Tell Me wrote:
To codify the right of the citizen to own, carry and use firearms. It is a follow on to the English Bill of Rights formulated in 1689 that colonists had lived with as British subjects before the Revolution and U.S. Constitution

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Amendment...
Tell Me

Olive Hill, KY

#4 Jan 10, 2013
every troll here but you wrote:
<quoted text>
To codify the right of the citizen to own, carry and use firearms. It is a follow on to the English Bill of Rights formulated in 1689 that colonists had lived with as British subjects before the Revolution and U.S. Constitution
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Amendment...
From what I gather from this article one purpose was to protect themselves from the federal government. Thanks, I will look into the references more.

“Winchester Model 1894”

Since: Apr 07

Roy, Washington

#5 Jan 10, 2013
As you all know the colonists were few and far between in the new world and when the Constitution was written, this was taken into account. So this provision of our Constitution was meant to give wild animals weapons to help defend the new settlers. Thus we have the right to arm bears. And mark my words, there's NOTHING more deadly than a Grizzly with a 30-06.
Tell Me

Olive Hill, KY

#6 Jan 10, 2013
If they outlaw bear arms then only outlaw bears will have arms. They are the worst kind.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#7 Jan 10, 2013
I kind of understood that.
Knock off purse seller

Denver, CO

#8 Jan 10, 2013
you crack me up wrote:
How can you? You're cracked.
Elohimsokie

Broken Bow, OK

#9 Jan 10, 2013
Tell Me wrote:
To protect themselfs from goverment.
minutman

Cambodia

#10 Jan 10, 2013
Well regulated militia to shoot mexicans as they try and invade like they did Texas and the war. But the police today prevents us from doing this.

I guess the police are violating our militia rights.
Elohimsokie

Broken Bow, OK

#11 Jan 10, 2013
minutman wrote:
Well regulated militia to shoot mexicans as they try and invade like they did Texas and the war. But the police today prevents us from doing this.
I guess the police are violating our militia rights.
you must have a nice rifle to shoot all the way from Cambodia.
Tell Me

Olive Hill, KY

#12 Jan 10, 2013
you crack me up wrote:
I knew I could count on you.
Tell Me

Olive Hill, KY

#13 Jan 10, 2013
Elohimsokie wrote:
<quoted text>To protect themselfs from goverment.
You never hear the government say that. Ever hear "You don't need a AK-47 with a 30 round clip to kill a deer?" It goes without saying hunting was a way of life necessary for survival when our country was founded, so the right to bear arms was a given in that regard. Guns at that time were primitive but we were allowed to posses anything the government possessed equally with no restrictions on ammo or type of gun. Any restriction would seem to infringe on that right if protecting ourselves from the government was the purpose it would seem to me.
Tell Me

Olive Hill, KY

#14 Jan 10, 2013
Elohimsokie wrote:
<quoted text>you must have a nice rifle to shoot all the way from Cambodia.
It's a Remington.
Elohimsokie

Broken Bow, OK

#16 Jan 11, 2013
Obama just sighned himself and Bush lifetime armed guards. HYPOCRITE
minutmen

Cambodia

#17 Jan 11, 2013
Elohimsokie wrote:
you must have a nice rifle to shoot all the way from Cambodia.

I can see those wet buzzards from here.
Doctor REALITY

North Little Rock, AR

#18 Jan 12, 2013
I'm sorry,but I don't buy a lot of this CRAP about America being 'founded upon christian values'. o.k.??! This is one of the reasons I chose the internet moniker 'DOCTOR REALITY': Because,regardless of your race,culture,or background,I'm, going to let Almighty God use me to say what I believe to be RIGHT. And that's means.....KEEPIN' IT REAL. So,as I was saying,I don't buy the WHOLE notion of America being 'founded upon christian values. America was 'founded' by use of the FIREARM,and a desire to turn it into a 'commerical pardise'. There's nothing 'christain' about killing a bunch of indians and putting them on reservations and bringing a bunch of slaves in from Africa against their will. But,at the same time,there is a greatness about many of the freedoms in America that would not have happened had it not been for the events that transpired. JUST KEEPIN' IT REAL.
Elohimsokie

Broken Bow, OK

#19 Jan 12, 2013
minutmen wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see those wet buzzards from here.
Hope you got plenty of ammo, theres a bunch of 'em.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 min New Ideas 618,573
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min Liam 649,692
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Catcher1 55,720
CNN News 8 min Rachel Chason 1
should i give my brother a bj? (Dec '12) 15 min Denise 32
Will Atheism defeat religion by year 2038? (Feb '15) 39 min _Susan_ 67
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Student 44,921
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 14 hr Noname 69
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 20 hr Hangman 972,378
More from around the web