“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#232164 Apr 8, 2014
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot about the right of the child again.
I'll restate those three choices again in plain english:
1. Keep the baby.
2. Give the baby up for adoption
3. Murder the baby
Murder is never the right option, nor should it be legal.
No one here has ever advocated murder. And by definition, murder is illegal and always has been.

Of course, the rational people here advocate for access to abortion so as to prevent possible murder of babies.

#232165 Apr 8, 2014
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
To the contrary, at the time the 14th Amendment was adopted, abortion was already illegal or being made illegal throughout the nation. The criminalization of abortion accelerated during the 1860s, and by 1900 it was generally considered a felony in every state. To there was no reason for Congress to specifically discuss the unborn in their debate on the 14th Amendment. The unborn were already a protected class in the U.S.
House sponsor John Bingham explained the intent when he argued that the Amendment was intended to be universal and to apply to any human being.
Gross conceptual error. Laws do not trump the Constitution, the Constitution trumps laws. As such, it does not matter if or when laws were passed, since the ratification of the Bill of Rights, women have had a right to make private decisions about their health care. The mere fact that it took up until 1973 to recognize that that included the right for women to seek an abortion does not change the fact that that right was always there. Heck, it took decades to recognize that women had a Constitutional right to own property.

#232166 Apr 8, 2014
Wow. your zealotry has totally blinded you to things like what constitutes a "fact".
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
1. There are people today pushing for the abolition of abortion just as it was with slavery. They recognize that all human beings have the equal right to life. Pro-choice is a deceptive term since it respects the right to choose only of the most powerful of the two individuals involved, just as it is with slavery.
And there are people pushing for the destruction of America. There are people pushing for the deportation of all blacks and Latinos, to make America racially pure. There are people pushing to make xianity the only legal religion in America, in utter defiance of the Constitution. I even found a web site pushing for recognition of the Earth as flat because that is what the Bible teaches.

The term pro-choice recognizes that the choice is being made by the only person affected by that choice.
LightForce wrote:
2. Denying a woman the right to an abortion in most cases is the same as denying her the right to murder. It is a known scientific fact in our modern times that our lives begin at conception. Your viewpoint can't be logically argued.
Utter nonsense. No one has a right to murder. And the ONLY fact that science can state is that the wad of goo has a genetic code distinct from the mother's. Claiming that that constitutes "our lives" is just wishful thinking on your part.

And if my viewpoint could not be logically argued, then I would not be arguing that point....
LightForce wrote:
3. There's no shortage of evidence that PP evolved from the specific ideas about eugenics in the twentieth century, and that abortion was just a continuation of that idea after forced sterilizations were abolished. PP initially targeted only black neighborhoods, but it soon also included the poor whites. Before that time most black women wouldn't even think of killing their child, and most abortions were committed by whites. Now half of all blacks in America are killed before they are born. Any third rate investigation into it should help you find these facts. There's too many clues.
No blacks have ever been killed before they were born. Not one.

Frankly, even if your allegations about Planned Parenthood were true, I would still support the work they do NOW. Sure, misguided eugenics are wrong, no problem agreeing with you there. Henry Ford supported the Nazis. Does that mean that no one should ever buy a Ford car today? Organizations, like people, learn and grow and can overcome bad beginnings with conscious efforts.

#232167 Apr 8, 2014
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
Regardless of whether or not they are predestined to be murderers, it is still wrong.
So, you REALLY do not understand the whole point of "predestination", do you?

Consider this: You stand on top of a tall building, holding a rock. Let go of the rock over the edge. Now tell the rock not to fall. Be sure to speak loudly and clearly tot hat falling rock. Do you think that the rock will not hit the ground?

In predestination, there is no free will, EVERYTHING has already been determined. Whether or not a pregnant woman will carry to term, or get hit & killed by a bus, or have an abortion. Note: she is NOT "choosing" to get an abortion, the woman has no more choice in the matter than does the rock in my example above.
LightForce

Rockford, MI

#232168 Apr 9, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Gross conceptual error. Laws do not trump the Constitution, the Constitution trumps laws. As such, it does not matter if or when laws were passed, since the ratification of the Bill of Rights, women have had a right to make private decisions about their health care. The mere fact that it took up until 1973 to recognize that that included the right for women to seek an abortion does not change the fact that that right was always there. Heck, it took decades to recognize that women had a Constitutional right to own property.
I was just pointing out the intent of the 14th Amendment as was stated by House sponsor John Bingham who stated that the 14th Amendment was intended to be universal and to apply to any human being.. So if your argument is that laws do not trump Constitution, you would have to agree that all human beings have the equal right to life., and also that preborn children are considered human beings as it was also considered at the time The 14th Amendment to the Constitution was written as is witnessed by the fact that abortion was a felony in every state. The unborn were already protected so there was no need to mention the already obvious, that they are included in “persons”- or human beings.

Though it is true that women have always had the right to make private decisions about their health care, they have not always had the right to kill their children. And health reasons for having an abortion only constitutes at the most one-percent of all abortions regardless of what you think the best “excuse” might be.

”How strangely will the tools of a tyrant pervert the plain meaning of words!” Samuel Adams
LightForce

Rockford, MI

#232169 Apr 9, 2014
Liam R wrote:
Wow. your zealotry has totally blinded you to things like what constitutes a "fact".
<quoted text>
And there are people pushing for the destruction of America. There are people pushing for the deportation of all blacks and Latinos, to make America racially pure. There are people pushing to make xianity the only legal religion in America, in utter defiance of the Constitution. I even found a web site pushing for recognition of the Earth as flat because that is what the Bible teaches.
The term pro-choice recognizes that the choice is being made by the only person affected by that choice.
<quoted text>
Utter nonsense. No one has a right to murder. And the ONLY fact that science can state is that the wad of goo has a genetic code distinct from the mother's. Claiming that that constitutes "our lives" is just wishful thinking on your part.
And if my viewpoint could not be logically argued, then I would not be arguing that point....
<quoted text>
No blacks have ever been killed before they were born. Not one.
Frankly, even if your allegations about Planned Parenthood were true, I would still support the work they do NOW. Sure, misguided eugenics are wrong, no problem agreeing with you there. Henry Ford supported the Nazis. Does that mean that no one should ever buy a Ford car today? Organizations, like people, learn and grow and can overcome bad beginnings with conscious efforts.
1. Yes, I could have easily used that same argument in response to your original comment, but instead I chose to use logic. To the contrary, the only relationship that your examples here have to abortion is that some of them may be just as wrong. So I guess then that you could add to your list “people advocating for the murder of millions of children”.

2. Do try to logically argue it.

3. Half of all blacks are killed before ever being born. This is in sharp contrast to most blacks being against abortion before PP infiltrated their neighborhoods and began promoting abortion as a good thing. Remember that the KKK and Margaret Sanger had a great influence on PP and why they are what they are today – an abortion mill. To the contrary, there are thousands of other clinics that women can go to to get real help with their pregnancies without the preconceived bias towards abortion that PP has.

If the Nazi's were still being funded by Henry Ford today, I would not by a Ford. For the same reason I wouldn't go to PP because it helps to keep them in business to continue their eugenics agenda.

#232170 Apr 10, 2014
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just pointing out the intent of the 14th Amendment as was stated by House sponsor John Bingham who stated that the 14th Amendment was intended to be universal and to apply to any human being.. So if your argument is that laws do not trump Constitution, you would have to agree that all human beings have the equal right to life., and also that preborn children are considered human beings as it was also considered at the time The 14th Amendment to the Constitution was written as is witnessed by the fact that abortion was a felony in every state. The unborn were already protected so there was no need to mention the already obvious, that they are included in “persons”- or human beings.
Why do you hate logic so much?

Laws never trump the Constitution. However, it does not follow that wads of goo are persons. The mere fact that there were laws against abortion does not change that fact. Some time, you should look into some of the other laws that were on the books back then, things that would be considered GROSS violations of civil rights today.

In any event, the 14th Amendment specifically does NOT apply to fetuses:

14th Amentment
Section 1. All persons BORN...
LightForce wrote:
Though it is true that women have always had the right to make private decisions about their health care, they have not always had the right to kill their children. And health reasons for having an abortion only constitutes at the most one-percent of all abortions regardless of what you think the best “excuse” might be.
”How strangely will the tools of a tyrant pervert the plain meaning of words!” Samuel Adams
Roe v Wade has already determined that the woman's right to privacy in making medical decisions concerning her own body means that she can make decisions regarding abortion, just like any other medical decision. A woman does not need to have her health endangered to choose to have a boob job. Had there been any legitimate legal backing for considering a wad of goo to be a person as defined under the law, then R v W could not have been decided as it was.

In other words, you will need to find LEGITIMATE objective, testable evidence showing that a fetus is a PERSON. The mere fact that it has an independent DNA structure is obviously not nearly enough.

#232171 Apr 10, 2014
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Yes, I could have easily used that same argument in response to your original comment, but instead I chose to use logic. To the contrary, the only relationship that your examples here have to abortion is that some of them may be just as wrong. So I guess then that you could add to your list “people advocating for the murder of millions of children”.
2. Do try to logically argue it.
3. Half of all blacks are killed before ever being born. This is in sharp contrast to most blacks being against abortion before PP infiltrated their neighborhoods and began promoting abortion as a good thing. Remember that the KKK and Margaret Sanger had a great influence on PP and why they are what they are today – an abortion mill. To the contrary, there are thousands of other clinics that women can go to to get real help with their pregnancies without the preconceived bias towards abortion that PP has.
If the Nazi's were still being funded by Henry Ford today, I would not by a Ford. For the same reason I wouldn't go to PP because it helps to keep them in business to continue their eugenics agenda.
No one, black white green or blue, has ever been killed before they were born. It is impossible.

As for blacks having a disproportionate percentage of abortions, one need only look at the demographics of poverty. POOR women are more likely to get an abortion - especially through PP than are rich women, and blacks are disproportionately poor.

Since: Oct 13

Sweden

#232172 Apr 24, 2014
Hm :/ same guys here as for three months ago... okidoke

Abortion is disgusting, but between a mother and her fetus, and even her infant- the mother is the one who can fear death. She has priority- should the extremest situations occur. Pregnancy isn't allways that devine ritual which makes the "The American Dream" come true.

No. There be pain, blood and tears- to sometimes fatal results for all the involved. Labour, to some, is a fucked up remnant of Stone Age- where scientific progress should've stepped in long ago with optional ways for reproduction. It should be made illegal for women to not check themselves for pregnancy after unprotected sex- a week before and after menstruation.

Obviously this law can't be enforced practically, but if unwanted pregnancy occurs, without there being any sign of mental illness or physical force(like rape), late abortion should be punishable... < abit harsh that, but I'm open for suggestions.

We all hate abortion, so let's discuss the means to phase it out from the many ways to not have children- of which celibacy is NOT an option either!!

“Becoming a better me!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#232174 Apr 25, 2014
AverageGuy87 wrote:
Abortion is disgusting, but between a mother and her fetus, and even her infant- the mother is the one who can fear death. She has priority- should the extremest situations occur. Pregnancy isn't allways that devine ritual which makes the "The American Dream" come true.
No. There be pain, blood and tears- to sometimes fatal results for all the involved. Labour, to some, is a fucked up remnant of Stone Age- where scientific progress should've stepped in long ago with optional ways for reproduction. It should be made illegal for women to not check themselves for pregnancy after unprotected sex- a week before and after menstruation.
Obviously this law can't be enforced practically, but if unwanted pregnancy occurs, without there being any sign of mental illness or physical force(like rape), late abortion should be punishable... < abit harsh that, but I'm open for suggestions.
We all hate abortion, so let's discuss the means to phase it out from the many ways to not have children- of which celibacy is NOT an option either!!
Again, you are leaving the onus on women. Where does the man's responsibility lie? Should it be illegal for men to NOT wear a condom? Or to walk away from his child?

Sweden

#232175 Apr 25, 2014
mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you are leaving the onus on women. Where does the man's responsibility lie? Should it be illegal for men to NOT wear a condom? Or to walk away from his child?
Well I imagine most couples prefer to not use condom. And as for abandoning parental responsibility- that's far past whether abortion is ok or not, isn't it?

Like I said, it's impossible to force women into pregnancy tests. But after fertile sex occurs, women have at least two-three months to find out if they're pregnant- and abort before the fetus developes into a baby. It's waiting past that deadline that should be made illegal- and even though the father has responsibility in this aswell, it's up to the woman alone to test to herself for pregnancy and allso to sign up for abortion.

“Becoming a better me!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#232176 Apr 25, 2014
AverageGuy87 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I imagine most couples prefer to not use condom. And as for abandoning parental responsibility- that's far past whether abortion is ok or not, isn't it?
Like I said, it's impossible to force women into pregnancy tests. But after fertile sex occurs, women have at least two-three months to find out if they're pregnant- and abort before the fetus developes into a baby. It's waiting past that deadline that should be made illegal- and even though the father has responsibility in this aswell, it's up to the woman alone to test to herself for pregnancy and allso to sign up for abortion.
It may be that YOU prefer not to use a condom. Please don't speak for others.

If men were more responsible, there would be far fewer abortions.

#232177 Apr 25, 2014
AverageGuy87 wrote:
<quoted text>
But what about a woman in those areas that do everything they can to interfere with a woman's right to choose? It might take more than a month or two to find a suitable clinic and get an appointment - and that is AFTER the woman realizes that she is pregnant.

Sweden

#232178 Apr 26, 2014
mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>
It may be that YOU prefer not to use a condom. Please don't speak for others.
If men were more responsible, there would be far fewer abortions.
Nahhh :/ I'd like to think I know people in general. Condom is mostly used to avoid diseases and the like.

Absolutely, I truly agree.

Sweden

#232179 Apr 26, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
But what about a woman in those areas that do everything they can to interfere with a woman's right to choose? It might take more than a month or two to find a suitable clinic and get an appointment - and that is AFTER the woman realizes that she is pregnant.
You lead my thoughts to OP, aka Precious. Bumped into her lately have you?

Well it shouldn't have to come to that obviously- but if a woman realizes she is pregnant, which could take really long depending on her usual weight/size- then it's a tragedy if she proceeds with the abortion. But she can't be blamed for it. Until proper pregnancy control is enforced, no one can be held accountable for a trial. Sometimes, shit simply happens

Shouldn't have to come to it, and there should be much better education on the matter. Neither pregnancy or abortion is fun to go through. But an unwanted child growing up with two recentful parents is even worse I imagine. It's up to the mother to decide the survival of her fetus/infant. But women should be educated on the means to prevent pregnancy, so that abortion someday, will never be needed anymore.

Sweden

#232180 Apr 29, 2014
I'll be quoting myself here since nobody seems to like me :'( Just to correct what I said further up: Having a law to force women into pregnancy testing themselves within a week around unprotected sex- was extreme as hell. How about a law that urge women to check themselves within two months after unprotected sex instead? That would completely minimize the cases for when abortion becomes necessary.
AverageGuy87 wrote:

#232181 Apr 29, 2014
AverageGuy87 wrote:
I'll be quoting myself here since nobody seems to like me :'( Just to correct what I said further up: Having a law to force women into pregnancy testing themselves within a week around unprotected sex- was extreme as hell. How about a law that urge women to check themselves within two months after unprotected sex instead? That would completely minimize the cases for when abortion becomes necessary.
<quoted text>
And what abut the women who had their protection fail? For a woman to not realize that she is pregnant, it is somewhat more likely that she didn't believe it possible due to having used protection that ended up failing.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#232182 Apr 29, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
And what abut the women who had their protection fail? For a woman to not realize that she is pregnant, it is somewhat more likely that she didn't believe it possible due to having used protection that ended up failing.
Also there are many pregnancies that do not "announce" themselves with the cessation of menses.
I've known several women who had at least one month of normal bleeding even though they were already pregnant, and one woman whose pregnancy did not give her even a single month off her schedule.(I gotta say I felt very badly for her, no break at all and all the pregnancy stuff to deal with and two kids under five already)
Obviously there are just too many people who are simply too ignorant about the true facts of life and the workings of the female reproductive system thinking they have a right to make decisions about what we should do.

#232183 Apr 29, 2014
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>Also there are many pregnancies that do not "announce" themselves with the cessation of menses.
I've known several women who had at least one month of normal bleeding even though they were already pregnant, and one woman whose pregnancy did not give her even a single month off her schedule.(I gotta say I felt very badly for her, no break at all and all the pregnancy stuff to deal with and two kids under five already)
Obviously there are just too many people who are simply too ignorant about the true facts of life and the workings of the female reproductive system thinking they have a right to make decisions about what we should do.
And in general, the more ignorant they are, the m ore likely they are to try and force women into womb slavery...

Sweden

#232184 Apr 30, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Well my idea isn't fool proof, but with such a law that urges(rather than forces) women to check their pregnancy via pee/menstruation/something?- the need for abortion will be minized- so I'm not against abortion, of course I'm not. But it's a fucking tragedy that should be minimized with all means necessary, without women ending up being meddled with of course. If it comes to abortion, despite various certain routine checks- well then so be it.

Of the few to fall through this birth controll agenda, VERY few are likely to perform abortion after two/three months. Far fewer than to day, so that's nice. I'm grateful to abortion. Without it my could've been sibling may have prevented my existence due to that ectopic pregnancy crap that happened to my mum (and that's just a personal of many reasons to support abortion as that critical life savior it can be to people)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Dally Mama 743,373
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min June VanDerMark 544,850
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 10 min waaasssuuup 601,382
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min JudgeNJury 260,130
Word association game (Aug '08) 14 min andet1987 53,420
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 14 min waaasssuuup 441,372
Most Popular Fruit 16 min andet1987 1
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 23 min ChristineM 228,528
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Clearwater 174,184

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE