There is Everything Wrong with Abortion
That Geek 5410

Fairmont, WV

#231534 Nov 20, 2013
Man of Science wrote:
<quoted text>You. It's refreshing to see someone hold a peaceful discussion. Bravo, and please keep up the good work. The hostility on this thread is almost too much, and quite frequent, and you're a welcome breath of fresh air.
Thanks... and who knows maybe I might have you as a customer one day :)
That Geek 5410

Fairmont, WV

#231535 Nov 20, 2013
Thus the freedom of religion clause of the first amendment. They saw it unfair to force a state religion on anyone and I agree. I'm a Christian and if someone decides to believe as I do then I'm happy for them; however forcimg it down someones throat especially under penalty of law is not only unfair it is just simply wrong.
Man of Science wrote:
<quoted text><quoted text>"The Government of the United States is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion."
-John Adams, The Treaty of Tripoli, article 11
"For we know that the common law is that system of law which was introduced by the Saxons on their settlement in England, and altered from time to time by proper legislative authority from that time to the date of Magna Charta, which terminates the period of the common law... This settlement took place about the middle of the fifth century. But Christianity was not introduced till the seventh century; the conversion of the first christian king of the Heptarchy having taken place about the year 598, and that of the last about 686. Here then, was a space of two hundred years, during which the common law was in existence, and Christianity no part of it."
-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Thomas Cooper (10 February 1814)
"Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind, and unfits it for every noble enterprise, every expanded prospect."
-James Madison, letter to William Bradford (1 April 1774)
"What influence, in fact, have ecclesiastical establishments had on society? In some instances they have been seen to erect a spiritual tyranny on the ruins of the civil authority; on many instances they have been seen upholding the thrones of political tyranny; in no instance have they been the guardians of the liberties of the people. Rulers who wish to subvert the public liberty may have found an established clergy convenient auxiliaries. A just government, instituted to secure and perpetuate it, needs them not."
-James Madison, "Memorial and Remonstrance Against Religious Assessments"
The founding fathers clearly distinguished between being religious and letting religion dictate politics. Perhaps you should look for that distinction as well?

“Becoming a better me!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#231536 Nov 21, 2013
That Geek 5410 wrote:
Then we need to make things like condoms better.
<quoted text>
It's easy to make grandiose statements like that, isn't it?

Why don't you DO something about this situation instead of just talking about it?

“Becoming a better me!”

Location hidden

#231537 Nov 21, 2013
Man of Science wrote:
<quoted text>While I may disagree with LiP (and I certainly dislike her), I have to say that I feel like that was out of line.
You are most welcome to your opinion; but you have no idea of the history there.
That Geek 5410

Bridgeport, WV

#231538 Nov 21, 2013
mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>
It's easy to make grandiose statements like that, isn't it?
Why don't you DO something about this situation instead of just talking about it?
We could start by petitioning the government to establish regulations regarding the process of manufacturing condoms as well as their qa/qc methods.
That Geek 5410

Bridgeport, WV

#231539 Nov 21, 2013
I'll draft a petition either tonight or tomorrow and post it on here to se what you think of it. If there's nothing else you can think of to add I'll put it up on petition.whitehouse.gov

“Make time ”

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#231540 Nov 21, 2013
That Geek 5410 wrote:
<quoted text>
We could start by petitioning the government to establish regulations regarding the process of manufacturing condoms as well as their qa/qc methods.
To my knowledge, mass produced condoms do undergo sample batch testing. The end user should also take a good look before slipping on just to be safe (safer).

I don't think qa/qc is a problem. It's promoting the use. It's not helpful that some religions forbid all forms of contraception with the exception of timing methods which are notoriously unreliable.
That Geek 5410

Saint Albans, WV

#231541 Nov 21, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
To my knowledge, mass produced condoms do undergo sample batch testing. The end user should also take a good look before slipping on just to be safe (safer).
I don't think qa/qc is a problem. It's promoting the use. It's not helpful that some religions forbid all forms of contraception with the exception of timing methods which are notoriously unreliable.
I understand they have qa/qc protocols however those protocols are unregulated to my knowledge.

“Make time ”

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#231542 Nov 21, 2013
I respectfully do not agree. There's enough (plenty) government all ready involved in just about every aspect of our lives. We're becoming a Nanny country and our rights to any expectation of privacy will become a distant memory.

Uncle Sam already has well over 2 million employees and about half of them are considered non-essential.(Not sure, just guessing.) Would prefer my tax dollars do something that benefit the many.

Besides, faulty condoms are not the reason that most unplanned and unwanted pregnancies occur. Many men (boys) just don't want to use them.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#231543 Nov 21, 2013
That Geek 5410 wrote:
<quoted text>
Most failure in condom use is misuse by consumer, NOT failure of the condom itself.
So, another non solution.
There is a male contraceptive that has been under study for TWENTY-FIVE years, but just now starting clinical trials.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/03/male...
Better to push for THAT to be brought along faster. Seriously, 25 YEARS it's been studied and still not available? Big pharma can't make money every month on it, so I wouldn't be a bit surprised to find they've been blocking its development and use here.

Location hidden

#231544 Nov 21, 2013
That Geek 5410 wrote:
I'll draft a petition either tonight or tomorrow and post it on here to se what you think of it. If there's nothing else you can think of to add I'll put it up on petition.whitehouse.gov
Oh, and there ARE laws and regulations on them. Try to think of something that isn't already being done.

“Becoming a better me!”

Location hidden

#231545 Nov 21, 2013
That Geek 5410 wrote:
<quoted text>
So do it.

“Becoming a better me!”

Location hidden

#231546 Nov 21, 2013
That Geek 5410 wrote:
an on line petition has no credibility or value. You must have the original signature for a petition to have any validity.
Infiniti04

Abilene, TX

#231549 Nov 22, 2013
mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>
When you carry a child in your body for 9 months, you bond with it, more deeply than you can possibly understand. It's a part of you. Giving that child away for adoption is like severing a limb, only worse. That limb doesn't isn't living and you don't worry if it's hungry, cold, being loved, or being appropriately taken care of.
Hormones play a BIG part in this. Every instinct in your body is screaming to hold on to that baby, to nurse it, love it, and keep it safe.
That said, these hormones generally don't kick in 'til maybe 5-6 months.
For many women, it's far easier to have an abortion and end the pregnancy BEFORE those hormones begin and before you fall irretrievably in love with that child.
You are so stupid that I have a hard time believing that you are even a woman, much less a woman that has given birth to a human being!!!! NO woman would rather her child be dead than adopted, your ignorance is simply astounding!!!
Infiniti04

Abilene, TX

#231551 Nov 22, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Did I strike a nerve??
Apparently someone pulled your string, honey....you sure are talking non-stop about me today.
Perhaps your batteries will corrode soon, as a result of your acid personality....your intellect melted before you ever got here.
Really, non-stop!! You are so full of shit!!!

“Define Necessity”

Since: Mar 13

FOR YOURSELF

#231552 Nov 23, 2013
LIBER-THINKER wrote:
<quoted text>
If you cant have those kids, the for crying out loud , wy put yourslf in a situation where there is a possibility of having a child?. if anything , if you honestly had your childrens insterests at heart you wouldn't do that, being deprived of a father is bad enough.
There is no excuse.
And just because the HUMAN BEING (i just felt the need to emphasise that because apparently you arent human or worth living unless you have the capacity to feel?)can fel doesnt mean its still a person and doesnt make abortion any less horrific. That helps peopled deal with the guilt.
People need to get into their thick heads that we're dealing with living human beings here, not "Wads of goo" ... we were all once "wads of goo" .. and irresepective of our development , we become human beings at the moment of conception and our humanity is unchanging.
So your stance is that women have two choices: Pregnancy or celibacy.

Cute.

Go gestate something you can worship, until you give birth to it, and proceed to rate it null on your scoreboard.

You idiots disgust me.

Location hidden

#231553 Nov 23, 2013
Infiniti04 wrote:
<quoted text>You are so stupid that I have a hard time believing that you are even a woman, much less a woman that has given birth to a human being!!!! NO woman would rather her child be dead than adopted, your ignorance is simply astounding!!!
Number one, the news is FILLED with stories of women who would rather see their living, breathing children die than see them adopted out or even in the custody of their fathers, and vice versa. Happens ALL the time.
Number two, z/e/fs are not children. At the time when the majority of elective abortions occur there is only an insensate wad of goo. One that might not even develop were it wanted.
Not your body?
Not your pregnancy?
NONE of your business, ever.
Don't like abortions? Don't have one. Easy.
Life s Precious

South Bend, IN

#231555 Nov 25, 2013
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>Number one, the news is FILLED with stories of women who would rather see their living, breathing children die than see them adopted out or even in the custody of their fathers, and vice versa. Happens ALL the time.
Number two, z/e/fs are not children. At the time when the majority of elective abortions occur there is only an insensate wad of goo. One that might not even develop were it wanted.
Not your body?
Not your pregnancy?
NONE of your business, ever.
Don't like abortions? Don't have one. Easy.
You just love those three words don't you? "Wad of Goo"
Does it make you feel better having killed your baby in the womb?
You are a disgusting piece of sh*t!!!
Life s Precious

South Bend, IN

#231556 Nov 25, 2013
Infiniti04 wrote:
<quoted text>You are so stupid that I have a hard time believing that you are even a woman, much less a woman that has given birth to a human being!!!! NO woman would rather her child be dead than adopted, your ignorance is simply astounding!!!
You are right,she is the most ignorant person (I wouldn't call her a woman). Real women take responsibility for their pregnancies.This person chose to kill her unborn in the womb.
Instead of stepping up to the plate and doing the right thing.And she continues to lie about the month of pregnancy she aborted this baby.
No credibility at all!!!!

“Becoming a better me!”

Location hidden

#231558 Nov 25, 2013
Life s Precious wrote:
<quoted text>You are right,she is the most ignorant person (I wouldn't call her a woman). Real women take responsibility for their pregnancies.This person chose to kill her unborn in the womb.
Instead of stepping up to the plate and doing the right thing.And she continues to lie about the month of pregnancy she aborted this baby.
No credibility at all!!!!
LOL. You keep insisting I "lied about the month" but I have yet to see you post anything to back up your statement.

You continue to throw grains of sand hoping they give me a concussion...but it just doesn't work like that.

Put up, or shut up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Bongo 53,074
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Tellthetruth 992,309
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 9 min Hatti_Hollerand 2,481
Calling off our engagement. Telling her parents? 15 min matthew8 1
Is God a "Bully" sometimes? 17 min Peter Ross 23
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 18 min bonespurscadet 446,004
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 46 min Michael 693,481
More from around the web