There is Everything Wrong with Abortion

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#231404 Oct 31, 2013
atheist against killing wrote:
http://www.princeton.edu/~prol ife/articles/wdhbb.html
<quoted text>
You want science? I suggest you study embryology. Until then stop with the ignorance.
What you call a "lump of goo" is considered a *human being* by embryologists around the world.
They don't consider it a baby or child. Sure the wad of goo is human, but it isn't a person. It has no brain, no feelings, no heart, and according to the bible,(not that I swallow that pile of steaming stuff) it has no soul until it draws first breath.
Shove your self righteousness, it is not and never will be your decision.

Location hidden

#231405 Oct 31, 2013
Oh, and an FYI for you brainless, nobody said 'wad of goo' was a technical term. It's a descriptive one. That's what it looks like, and that's what it is in layman's terms. A BLOODY WAD OF GOO!
atheist against killing

United States

#231406 Oct 31, 2013
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted > it has no soul
And neither do we. So it's perfectly acceptable that we kill each other then?

Shall we go by the heartbeat then? That can be detected at 6-8 weeks. Probably begins a bit earlier. Shall we say no abortions after 6 weeks then? I mean you claim many don't make it full term anyway but by 6 weeks the rate of miscarriage is miniscule. Something like 2% to 5% I believe.

Most of Europe limits abortions to the first 12 weeks and require counselling first followed by a 3-5 day waiting period. Seems reasonable doesn't it?
atheist against killing

United States

#231407 Oct 31, 2013
NWmoon wrote:
Oh, and an FYI for you brainless, nobody said 'wad of goo' was a technical term. It's a descriptive one. That's what it looks like, and that's what it is in layman's terms. A BLOODY WAD OF GOO!
Nope. That's a fabricated bit of propaganda to be mindlessly chanted over and over when you've got nothing intelligent to say.

Location hidden

#231408 Oct 31, 2013
<quoted text>
And neither do we. So it's perfectly acceptable that we kill each other then?
Shall we go by the heartbeat then? That can be detected at 6-8 weeks. Probably begins a bit earlier. Shall we say no abortions after 6 weeks then? I mean you claim many don't make it full term anyway but by 6 weeks the rate of miscarriage is miniscule. Something like 2% to 5% I believe.
Most of Europe limits abortions to the first 12 weeks and require counselling first followed by a 3-5 day waiting period. Seems reasonable doesn't it?
Ah, but that "heartbeat" isn't a heart beating.
You don't know what you're going on about fool.
Don't like abortions? Don't have one.
But, you don't get to make that decision for anybody else. It isn't your business. At all. EVER.

Location hidden

#231409 Oct 31, 2013
<quoted text>
Nope. That's a fabricated bit of propaganda to be mindlessly chanted over and over when you've got nothing intelligent to say.
Nope, just a fact you aren't comfortable with. Too bad, so sad. Ignorant pile with tiny penis and even tinier brain can't tell women what they should do with their own bodies. Poor widdle thing.
Nobody will let him run their life. What a shame.
It'd be funnier if it were not so pathetic.

“Becoming a better me!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#231410 Nov 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Stupid analogy? Maybe considering guns kill a handful while abortions kill 1,000,000+ yearly.
Then don't get pregnant. Birth control is everywhere and often free or income based. Evolution 101 ... sexual organs evolved for a purpose and babies happen.
You pays your money and you takes your chances.
Frankly your inconvenience does not justify killing a living human being no matter how small it may be.
How do you know what constitutes an "inconvenience" for anyone?

Birth control FAILS. I know that first hand. I used it properly and it failed.

What a sentiment. "babies happen." Having a child is the biggest commitment anyone can possibly make in their life. It's a life changing decision. You are responsible for another life. You have a responsibility to make every single decision for that life for years and years.

And you slough it off with "babies happen????"

it's a DAMNED good thing you can't have one.

“Becoming a better me!”

Location hidden

#231411 Nov 1, 2013
<quoted text>
So you see abortion as nothing more than birth control? Is there any point in a pregnancy where you would no longer feel this way? 8 weeks? 12 weeks? 16 weeks? 20 weeks? As soon as the heartbeat can be detected or do you have support for this barbaric practice all the way up to the bitter end like the sick doctor in Philly with his induced labor and scissors?
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Try again Bucksnort. You are doing your best to put words in my mouth. That's not what I said; that's not what I meant.

When you want to have a reasonable, intelligent discussion, let me know.

Right now it appears to me that you are bored and just arguing for the sake of arguing, trying to get people riled up and begin a flame war.
Life s Precious

South Bend, IN

#231412 Nov 1, 2013
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, but that "heartbeat" isn't a heart beating.
You don't know what you're going on about fool.
Don't like abortions? Don't have one.
But, you don't get to make that decision for anybody else. It isn't your business. At all. EVER.
Ah, but you are so crazy. Yes it is a heartbeat. Idiot.Much more on this link. I still say and always will if a pregnant mother wants the baby then she will call it a baby and if she doesn't then she will call it anything but that.To ease her guilt on killing that baby.

Week 6

By week six of pregnancy, your baby's heart is pumping blood. His heartbeat may be visible on a vaginal ultrasound as small blinking light, and will have a regular rhythm sometime between weeks six and seven. If a vaginal ultrasound during the sixth week does not reveal a fetal heartbeat, your doctor may schedule you for an ultrasound in three to seven days to check the baby's heart development.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/219801-when...
Life s Precious

South Bend, IN

#231413 Nov 1, 2013
mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know what constitutes an "inconvenience" for anyone?
Birth control FAILS. I know that first hand. I used it properly and it failed.
What a sentiment. "babies happen." Having a child is the biggest commitment anyone can possibly make in their life. It's a life changing decision. You are responsible for another life. You have a responsibility to make every single decision for that life for years and years.
And you slough it off with "babies happen????"
it's a DAMNED good thing you can't have one.
And it's a damned shame you could.

Location hidden

#231414 Nov 1, 2013
Shove off you waste of space. Done another "LOOK AT ME!" fake suicide attempt lately??
I take nothing from any site that starts out calling a wad of goo a baby. If it can't use the proper terms of zygote, embryo and foetus, it is romanticizing the pregnancy for those choosing to attempt to carry to term, not providing sound medical facts.
FACT -it is an insensate wad of goo during the time period when the majority of elective abortions occur.
No feelings, and no brains. Much like you, who kept trying to kill yourself with NO THOUGHT WHATSOEVER for the living breathing feeling children you had that were depending upon YOU. You worthless pile of waste.
Hypocrite.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#231415 Nov 1, 2013
http://www.princeton.edu/~prol ife/articles/wdhbb.html
<quoted text>
You want science? I suggest you study embryology. Until then stop with the ignorance.
What you call a "lump of goo" is considered a *human being* by embryologists around the world.
I have studied the development of the fetus...

The wad of goo is a POTENTIAL human being, but it has less than a 1 in 5 chance of actually making it all the way from fertilization to live birth.

"The entity created by fertilization is indeed a human embryo, and it has the potential to be human adult. Whether these facts are enough to accord it personhood is a question influenced by opinion, philosophy and theology, rather than by science." ( http://www.sinauer.com/pdf/BioethicsCh02.pdf )
Life s Precious

South Bend, IN

#231417 Nov 2, 2013
NWmoon wrote:
Shove off you waste of space. Done another "LOOK AT ME!" fake suicide attempt lately??
I take nothing from any site that starts out calling a wad of goo a baby. If it can't use the proper terms of zygote, embryo and foetus, it is romanticizing the pregnancy for those choosing to attempt to carry to term, not providing sound medical facts.
FACT -it is an insensate wad of goo during the time period when the majority of elective abortions occur.
No feelings, and no brains. Much like you, who kept trying to kill yourself with NO THOUGHT WHATSOEVER for the living breathing feeling children you had that were depending upon YOU. You worthless pile of waste.
Hypocrite.
Go take your meds,crazy woman.

Location hidden

#231419 Nov 2, 2013
Life s Precious wrote:
<quoted text>Go take your meds,crazy woman.
I'm crazy?
You've made suicide attempts to get attention, aired all you marital problems on this forum, accuse people of being murderers, you want to control what every other woman in the country does, and *I* am the crazy one?
Yeah, right.
I think people can see who is the crazy one.
Remember, down the road, not across the street.
Someday maybe you'll get it right.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Pickerington, OH

#231420 Nov 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Still no answer, eh? That's what I thought. You know what risk pooling is don't you? Well what risk do I or my partner ever have of getting pregnant?
0... it's just not possible. Basically it's like forcing pedestrians to buy uninsured motorist to lower costs for drivers.
Come back when you have a logically sound argument. Thanks for playing! Buh-bye
The idea behind the maternity coverage is to make it equal for men and women because men, while they do not carry a child, they are partially responsible for the pregnancy. Women have been made to pay extra or add maternity coverage to their insurance policies, somewhat making being a female a pre-existing condition. As for you being a gay man, I'd say you wouldn't need this coverage. However, many of us pay for things in our insurance coverage they we will never use or don't really need. That isn't a new thing.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Pickerington, OH

#231421 Nov 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Stupid analogy? Maybe considering guns kill a handful while abortions kill 1,000,000+ yearly.
Then don't get pregnant. Birth control is everywhere and often free or income based. Evolution 101 ... sexual organs evolved for a purpose and babies happen.
You pays your money and you takes your chances.
Frankly your inconvenience does not justify killing a living human being no matter how small it may be.
You arguing about a woman's choice to become or remain pregnant is kind of odd, if you are indeed a gay man. How can you use an argument about sexual organs evolving for a purpose when you are gay and obviously use your sexual organs in a way that biology did not intend? I have no problem with your homosexuality...at all. I have many gay friends and am an avid supporter of gay rights. But you can't argue biology when it IS a biological fact that men's sexual organs have the purpose of inseminating a woman and the entire act of sex between a man and a woman is pretty much constructed to form a human being.

No one argues that what is created is human, of course it is. But there are reasons why stages have been created. Life at conception is not life at birth or even 5 months of pregnancy. Abortion ends the possibility of life, this is true. But a group of cells does not mean it is a fully-formed autonomous human being.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Pickerington, OH

#231422 Nov 4, 2013
Biology 101
An embryo is alive. A HUMAN embryo is HUMAN.
It's called science for you cave dwellers. You will never see 'lump of goo' listed as a scientific term or used by anyone with an education in biology or embryology.
In the scientific sense an abortion ends a developing human life. Abortion kills pain and simple.
Lump of goo! You knuckle draggers sure are funny! Ahhhahahah!
No, but it IS described as a fetus. Once the fetus leaves the womb, it is no longer considered a fetus. Apparently science feels the need to differentiate between a born child and a fetus.

No one on here would argue that abortion ends a pregnancy. That is the intention. But to say it kills a child, no. Early-term abortions are not barbaric and no one on here advocates for late-term abortions. This argument has been rehashed over and over, but if you care to look through past posts, you'll see that there is nothing you can say to sway the opinion and nothing anyone can say to you to sway yours.
Life s Precious

South Bend, IN

#231423 Nov 5, 2013
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>I'm crazy?
You've made suicide attempts to get attention, aired all you marital problems on this forum, accuse people of being murderers, you want to control what every other woman in the country does, and *I* am the crazy one?
Yeah, right.
I think people can see who is the crazy one.
Remember, down the road, not across the street.
Someday maybe you'll get it right.
And I hold no hope for you that you'll ever get it right.
And yes you are crazy. Once again go take your meds.

“Becoming a better me!”

Location hidden

#231424 Nov 5, 2013
Life s Precious wrote:
<quoted text>And I hold no hope for you that you'll ever get it right.
And yes you are crazy. Once again go take your meds.
You are showing, yet again, how the "love of jesus" affects you and your life. You show nothing but hatred, cruelty, and contempt for everything Jesus talks about in the bible.

How are things at Westboro Baptist Church? Are you and Phreddie hot in the sack? He and his ilk are just about your speed. They talk of nothing but hatred, just like you. They don't show anything of the love and respect for human beings that Jesus talked about and more importantly, SHOWED during his life. Just as you don't show anything resembling love or consideration.

As for you calling anyone crazy or telling them to take their meds. Pot - meet Kettle.

You are in a manic phase again. We can all tell because you get nastier than usual and come into this thread and verbally abuse people.

Go take YOUR meds and hide in a corner 'til it's over.

Since: Oct 13

Sweden

#231426 Nov 5, 2013
A fetus without nerves won't suffer during a clinical abortion. Still- it's a very sad thing to follow through. Sloppy actually, since it takes a whole month before a fetus actually's developes. It must be up to the mother. It's her body, her temple and pregnancy can be very demandin depending on life situation, social status and medical condition. Fatal even.

Love life, sex life and pregnancy should all be up to the individual to choose as all three are tightly woven into that persons private life and health. Tuck in either and you'll rip the carpet. A life could end without an abortion ever taking place.

While I don't like abortion(who does), it's the only choice a woman has when pregnancy/labour turnes lethal for child or her.

We must move against what cause unwished pregnancies to happen; Rape. Ignorance by depression/stress. Poverty that demands larger family income- driving women to labour past health.

However- attacking the woman directly instead, is extremely dangerous. Pregnancy can play many tricks with stress hormones and many other things. Random criticism from people outside her social network could create an extremely hostile and dangerous environment. And that goes for not only pregnancy, but allso love life and sex life.

Private matters are private matters, ESPECIALLY IF THEY CONCERN THE RECIPIENTS HEALTH AND FREE WILL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min Bongo 46,280
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min exposingm0r0ns 691,988
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 10 min Paul really is dead 391
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min exposingm0r0ns 990,682
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 8 hr exposingm0r0ns 6,704
Jeffreys: Evangelicals will vote for Moore 9 hr whatever 6
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 10 hr Dec 2017 News 445,848
More from around the web