True Origin Talk
Exposing the *myth* of evolution.
The new Flat-Earth society, eh?

Gonna pass, thanks.
Bible Believer continues

Union City, TN

#231116 Jun 17, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>The new Flat-Earth society, eh?
Gonna pass, thanks.
No, no flat earth, and you have already passed that discussion,
several postings ago. Just another mote argument that never proves anything, as Scripture doesn't teach a flat earth. But, it takes a renewed mind to truly understand the inspired Word of God. It's life changing, to say the least!

Blessings!
Bible Believer continues

Union City, TN

#231117 Jun 17, 2013
Gonna pass, thanks.
If you had read the site shared, correcly, you would have seen it was speaking of the views of the writer on the site Liam shared, which consisted of dishonest.

To quote the refutation, as to claims the Bible speaks of a flat earth:
QUOTE,(as to information on the site Liam shared)
Isaak’s Dishonest Biblical Interpretation
Isaak tries to discredit the Bible as teaching a flat earth, but hopes readers won’t find out that Dan. 4:10–11 is actually the dream of a pagan king, not a teaching endorsed by Scripture. What next, claiming that the Bible teaches that cows and even ears of wheat are cannibalistic because of Pharaoh’s dream in Genesis 41?! Unfortunately, many anti-creationists don't even bother to check the Bible itself, and just copy from each other.

And whether the Bible indicates a stationary or moving earth, if Isaak scoffs at the idea of using the earth as a reference frame, then what about speed limit signs? Are they wrong because they mean, say, 100 km/hr relative to the Earth, not the sun? So why shouldn’t the Bible also use the Earth as a convenient reference frame? See Q&A: Countering the Critics [ Answers in Genesis] especially under “Does the Bible really teach a flat earth?”

There is always an accurate, and honest answer, for the critics.

Where ever did you arrive at one of the sites teaching a "new flat earth society?" :O) It simply isn't there!

“Becoming a better me!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#231120 Jun 26, 2013
http://www.cbs8.com/story/22691742/texas-abor...

Thank you Wendy Davis, for your persistence in not allowing women in Texas to resort to unsafe methods to terminate an unwanted / unsafe pregnancy.

For those who won't read the article, the bill was much more than ending abortion after 20 weeks gestation.

They tried to sneak in these other two measures:

The bill would ban abortion after 20 weeks of pregnancy and force many clinics that perform the procedure to upgrade their facilities and be classified as ambulatory surgical centers. Also, doctors would be required to have admitting privileges at a hospital within 30 miles — a tall order in rural communities.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#231124 Jul 2, 2013
Covered in the womb wrote:
REPLY to "Covered in the womb."You can take your book of lies and misinformation, fold it until it is all corners, and shove it as far up your rectum as possible.
The USA is NOT a theocracy. You want to believe in that garbage, fine, but quit trying to nail your sandals to others' feet.
Sorry, but you came 2000 years too late to change the truth, the facts, the plan of God, or to nullify His Word. Why are you seemingly so fearful of others seeing truth? If you doubt it, that's your choice, but what you call garbage is truth and life!
Of course the USA is not a Theocracy! But, it will be "under a Theocracy" one day when Jesus Christ rules and reigns from Jerusalem, as the Capital of the entire world. Will you be a part? You can be, but it will take a change of heart. As far as God's Word is concerned, it is hidden in my heart, as far within as possible, and covers all four corners of it. Your language is very rude, to say the least and you appear intimidated by the truth.
Our goal is to share truth, which refutes lies such as you just posted about the Word of God. We don't attempt to nail our sandals to the feet of others, but we do attempt to get others to knell at his nail-scarred feet which once walked in sandals, and to follow in His footsteps. Those doing so have been delivered from using language such as you feel a need to expel.
If you have an argument, prove what the content of the posting is wrong, instead of simply giving your opinion and rude comments.
Anyone can have an opinion, but Bible speaks for itself, and as stated, it is the number one best seller of all time, and always will be, for it is truth.
Were you surprised to see that David, who penned most of the Psalms, knew about creation, beginning of life, and the Creator, even before science had discovered these truths shown in the Bible?
We will pray for you, for evidently you know not what you do!
You're in a category with many who post on Topix. They don't really wish to discuss, only to cuss or argue. That's your choice, but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. We have eternity to gain and look forward to.
i stand with the other poster....you want to believe in a fairy tale, good for you. however not everyone believes in your fairy tale. nor do we want too!!!!!!!!

stop shoving your beliefs down others throats. all they are is your beliefs. nothing more. and learn to hit the reply button.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#231125 Jul 2, 2013
Covered wrote:
<quoted text>
Sad story you have, like most of the others who reject the truth of God's Word. The Bible doesn't contradict itself, but that is the excuse most give. And, we certainly don't drive ourselves crazy trying to live by it. It's the easiest life of all to live by God's Word. The reason it is easy is because God does a supernatural work in our life and heart, and there is no desire for the things of the world that the Bible condemns. It truly is joy unspeakable and full of glory to live by God's Word and serve the one and only true God.
I heard your same type descriptions just a few weeks ago, by someone else obviously intimidated by those who speak the truth of His Word. It seems rejecters think others *beath them over the head with it*. They fail to realize they will be judged by it, and according to the signs of the times, that day is not far off.
It's a wonderful life, Kathryn, serving the God of the universe that gives us life, breath, and a reason for living. And, those who know and serve Him have life eternal, which will be never ending. Worship? Of course we worship, adore, and honor the Lord, loving Him above all others. It's something from the heart, and can't be explained, it has to be experienced.
when you christurds post......i sigh with relief!

relief that i threw off the fairy tale and no longer believe the lies!

i have such a sense of peace and joy! to know i no longer worship an imaginary friend, because i no longer need one.

thanks for showing me i made the right choice!!!!!!

Since: Feb 08

Philadelphia, PA

#231127 Jul 5, 2013
mamma-san wrote:
http://www.cbs8.com/story/2269 1742/texas-abortion-bill-falls -after-challenge
Thank you Wendy Davis, for your persistence in not allowing women in Texas to resort to unsafe methods to terminate an unwanted / unsafe pregnancy.
For those who won't read the article, the bill was much more than ending abortion after 20 weeks gestation.
They tried to sneak in these other two measures:
The bill would ban abortion after 20 weeks of pregnancy and force many clinics that perform the procedure to upgrade their facilities and be classified as ambulatory surgical centers. Also, doctors would be required to have admitting privileges at a hospital within 30 miles — a tall order in rural communities.
Wendy Davis is a hero. Go Texas.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#231129 Jul 5, 2013
Liam R wrote:

By the way, Jesus FAILED to fulfill more of the Messianic prophecies than he fulfilled. No world peace, no universal prosperity, no Temple in Jerusalem where the sacrifices can be made in accordance with the Eternal Covenant...
Jesus failed, next Messiah wannabe, please...
Critics define Messiah in a way which excludes Jesus which is nothing more than agenda driven scholarship.

'Not only Nickelsberg study of 1 Enoch but also Peter Flint's contributions on the Dead Sea Scrolls and Joseph Trafton's study of Psalms of Solomon dismantle the stereotype held by many today that ''the Jews'' were all expecting a warrior Messiah...The Apocryphon of Daniel (...4Q246) references a coming ''Son of God'' who ''will be called great'' and ''Son of the Most High''(see Luke 1:32-35)

Historical Jesus In Context. Amy-Jill Levine.
Princeton Readings on Religion.

4Q246, also known as the Aramaic Apocalypse, is one of the Dead Sea Scrolls found at Qumran which is notable for an early Messianic mention of a Son of God.[1][2]
Text

It is a single page with a short text.[3] Column 1 (right hand) is damaged and requires some interpretative restoration. Column 2 (left hand) begins:

"He will be called the Son of God, and they will call him the Son of the Most High like a shooting star."

Even though this may be related to “one like a Son of Man” in Daniel 7:13-14,[4] is interesting to note the fragment is quite like Luke 1:32-33, 35.

4Q246 1:9-2:3

"[X] shall be great upon the earth.[O King all (people) shall] make [peace], and all shall serve [Him. He shall be called the Son of] the [G]reat [God], and by His Name shall He be hailed (as) the Son of God, and they shall call Him Son of the Most High like a shooting star."

In both we are told here and Luke that he will be "great"; that he will be "called" "Son of the Most High" and "Son of God."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4Q246

Location hidden

#231130 Jul 5, 2013
Gonna pass, thanks.
Hey Lust. How's it going? Got some pics of your allies and their children from Texas

http://www.jillstanek.com/wp/wp-cont...7/sena...

https://twitter.com/SineQuaN0nUSA/st...167808...

Location hidden

#231131 Jul 5, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Hey Lust. How's it going? Got some pics of your allies and their children from Texas
http://www.jillstanek.com/wp/wp-cont...7/sena...
https://twitter.com/SineQuaN0nUSA/st...167808...
Try this
https://twitter.com/SineQuaN0nUSA/status/3519...

Location hidden

#231132 Jul 5, 2013
Pro aborts Hail Satan!

#at=11

Location hidden

#231133 Jul 5, 2013
Hey Lust. Got another pic for ya!

http://www.jillstanek.com/wp/wp-content/uploa...

Getting their young daughter in the act. Teach them early!

Location hidden

#231134 Jul 5, 2013
Liam R wrote:
By the way, Jesus FAILED to fulfill more of the Messianic prophecies than he fulfilled. No world peace, no universal prosperity, no Temple in Jerusalem where the sacrifices can be made in accordance with the Eternal Covenant...
Hey Liam. Here is another one. Messiah raising the dead. 4Q521.

[...for the heav]ens and the earth will listen to his anointed one,[and all] that is in them will not turn away from the precepts of the holy ones. Strengthen yourselves, you who are seeking the Lord, in his service! Will you not in this encounter the Lord, all those who hope in their heart? For the Lord will consider the pious and call the righteous by name, and his spirit will hover upon the poor, and he will renew the faithful with his strength. For he will honor the pious upon the throne of an eternal kingdom, freeing prisoners, giving sight to the blind, straightening out the twis[ted.] And for[e]ver shall I cling to [those who] hope, and in his mercy [...] and the fru[it of ...] not be delayed. And the Lord will perform marvellous acts such as have not existed, just as he sa[id, for] he will heal the badly wounded and will make the dead live; he will proclaim good news to the poor and [...] he will lead the [...] and enrich the hungry.[...] and all [....]

http://www.textexcavation.com/qumran4q521.htm...

Location hidden

#231135 Jul 5, 2013
Liam R wrote:

According to what Rabbi? They are not all on the same page.

Rabbi Kattin speaks of a thousand-year period in which God alone will be exalted while the earth will remain desoloate.

From Sanhedrin 99a:

Rabbi Hillel says that there will be no future messianic age because Israel already enjoyed messiah during the days of Hezekiah.
Rabbi Eliezer advocates a 40 year messianic age based on Pslam 95:10.
Rabbi Eleazer ben Azariah proposes a period of 70 years based on Isaiah 23:15
Rabbi Dosa suggests a 400 year messianic age based on Genesis 15:13.
An unnamed Rabbi suggests that the messianic kingdom is based on the number of days in a calendar year, or 365 years.
Abimi the son of Rabbi Abbahu says that the messianic kingdom will last 7,000 years based on Isaiah 62:5
Rabbi Judah said that the messianic age would endure the length of time between creation and his day based on Dueteronomy 11:21.
Rabbi Nahman ben Isaac said the messianic age would last from Noah's day until his day.

In 4 Ezra it is stated that the messianic kingdom of peace will last 400 years, and after that there will be 7 years of silence after which a resurrection of the dead will occur, followed by the final judgment.

C/P off another site.

Since: Feb 08

Philadelphia, PA

#231136 Jul 7, 2013
Bible Believer continues wrote:
<quoted text>
You still cannot understand, and miss the point completely. Prophecy declares the first coming of Jesus Christ and also the "last coming", which is the day of the Lord, in prophetic Scripture. Every detail of the predictions of his first coming has been fulfilled,and if you examine the time frame in Biblical prophecies, you'll find the next coming to earth will be for judgment, and condemnation, as to the final judgments. This event is completely different than the first.
Don't be deceived now, or you'll remain deceived. The Messiah WILL be recognized, by those blinded to truth, when he appears the last time and will judge the world. Open your eyes (and heart) to truth, by reading and asking for spiritual guidance.
Ezekiel stresses the point about the sacrifices because this is exactly what is going to happen, when he comes back to earth. There will have been an "abomination that maketh desolate" and the temple Ezekiel speaks about is not the temple that was Ezekiel's, Solomon's, Herod's, etc., but one which will be rebuilt.
Of course there is war in the world, look around you. Jesus came to bring peace to the hearts of men, when he came the first time, and to establish his kingdom in their hearts, not on earth. This wasn't the time frame, and the pharisees and others were just as deceived as you are about Him.
The first coming gave Jesus Christ to the whole world, but the second coming will literallly set up Jesus Christ as King over the whole earth. Of his kingdom, which he set up in the hearts of men, there will be no end, nor of his lteral kingdom.
Read the truth, as to the disciples asking the Savior, "Lord, will thou (at THIS TIME) restore again the kingdom to Israel. Jesus replied, "It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Fther hath put in his own power. Israel's rejection doesn't make void the promises of God.
The first coming of Jesus, we see he received a crown of thorns. At the last coming, he will be King of all kings, crowned with "many crowns" as in Rev. 19: 12. He was the Lamb of God at his first coming, but is the "Lion of the tribe of Juday" the second coming.
You speak as many, who will be deceived, and who will accept the first white horse rider, in Rev. 6, as the Lord. He will actually be the man of sin, the beast out of the sea, the Antichrist, with a bow. The Messiah will return with the armies of heaven, and this definitely is a prophecy of his second coming, as in Rev. 19. Then, as in Rev.11: 15, the kingdoms of this world, literally, will belong to the Lord, who will reign, forever and ever.
There will be a "new world order" of Jesus Christ, after the new age order has been totally destroyed. Only one religion will prevail during the Millennial Reign, over the whole earth. Those who do not come up on feast days to offer sacrifice, as representatives, will be punished, and the blessing of "rain" will be withheld from them. The curse will be lifted, and mankind can live long lives during this time, of the second coming. An old man of 100 will be considered as a child.
Not one prophecy will fail, as there will be peace on earth, eternally, fulfilling prophecies.
The question, "are you ready?"
STOP SPAMMING THE BOARD! If you do not stop, I will turn you in.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#231137 Jul 7, 2013
Hey all!

Been away for some time, but, I see things don't change.

Oh well....

Hope all are well and happy.

Peace, Love, Laughter, and Blessings,
MWD

“Becoming a better me!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#231139 Jul 8, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
Pro aborts Hail Satan!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =41XENUuwKP8XX#at=11
Please look for my YouTube video that states that I am the Queen of The World. Because it's on YouTube, it's valid, right? We all know that everything posted on YouTube is 100% truthful.
Biblesays

AOL

#231141 Jul 9, 2013

End Time AMERICA :-"Hostile Towards God"

http://youtu.be/1tFxM_Vsg5g

Location hidden

#231145 Jul 12, 2013
mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>
Please look for my YouTube video that states that I am the Queen of The World. Because it's on YouTube, it's valid, right? We all know that everything posted on YouTube is 100% truthful.
The video speaks for itself. I don't know what you are getting at here. If you think the video is somehow contrived then present evidence which would validate your assumption.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min pusherman_ 775,026
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 min Peace_Warrior 604,990
End of the word game. (Dec '08) 13 min DesCant 1,401
GALAXY 'mega' logo on back of phone ALL WRONG 16 min Doctor REALITY 4
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min kent 559,395
Gay snapchat names 58 min Joey 147
Moses never existed 58 min Khatru 748
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr WasteWater 265,098
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 11 hr Barnsweb 441,764
More from around the web