There is Everything Wrong with Abortion

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Hightstown, NJ

#230672 May 23, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
The examples here were from “pro-choice” advocates, and stem from the original premise of the “pro-choice” movement. Of particular interest to me was that Ruth Vader Ginsburg told the New York Times,“at the time Roe was decided, there was concern about population growth and particularly growth in populations that we don’t want to have too many of.” This was coming from somebody who was involved in the decision making. Two obvious questions arise here. Who is the “we” and who are those we don’t want to have too many of?
Wads of goo would have no rights, but human beings should whether they are born or not. Please Google Image “fetal development” for a big surprise.
Ruth Vader? I missed her in Star Wars.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#230673 May 23, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
If the ability is there, then we should assume that it is possible. It wasn't very long ago that we thought born babies could not feel pain.
The ability isn't always there. That's the point.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#230674 May 23, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
But there is a spiritual bond.
Moral rights belong to every individual, and don’t exist based on law.
The fact that the person you helped to create, now depends on you to survive, does not give you the right to take away that persons moral right to not be killed/murdered - plain and simple.
Says you. There are many married people who don't have a spiritual bond. And then there are people like myself who don't believe in anything spiritual.

No, the fact is that I have autonomy over my own body and everything that happens within it, and that's why I have the right to have an abortion if I choose to do so.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#230675 May 23, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
But there is a big difference between donating and killing. There is already an existing relationship which must be severed and altered in order to kill the child.
Normally I would give you three tries, but based on your past performancesc, you're done.
Based on your ability to declare me 'done', I'm going to laugh my tiny hiney off...

Laughter is a tonic.

Thanks.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#230676 May 23, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
So the un-born human does not have the right to pro-choice as you do?
Since unborn humans do not exist, they have no rights.

#230677 May 23, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
Being poor is not the result of how much a person has, but is dependent on the society that you live in. Was a caveman poor if he didn’t have a cave? Or was he rich if he had two caves? How about two wives and one club? The rich and powerful get to decide who is poor. If everybody has to live by one set of standards, it is usually the standards that are set by the richer and more powerful.
That’s what I see that needs to be changed, and that’s what I fight against in my own community. We need to have communities where anybody of any economic standing has a right to live according to their own ability.
I have never advised anybody to keep their legs closed, only to take responsibility if they choose not to.
Ah, no. Wrong again. Being poor is defined by how much you have. Across time and culture, it is relative; even the poor in the USA have things that the richest people in the Middle Ages could not even have dreamed about. But the poor in the US do still have to worry about things like getting enough food, keeping a roof over their heads, etc.

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Since: Feb 08

Planet Earth

#230678 May 23, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Since unborn humans do not exist, they have no rights.
Unborn humans do exist inside the mothers womb!

#230679 May 23, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ruth Vader? I missed her in Star Wars.
"Luke, I am your mother. Put down that light saber, you'll put your eye out with that thing. And put a sweater on, I'm feeling chilly."

"The Force is strong in you, why can't you use it to call me once in a while?"

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Pickerington, OH

#230680 May 23, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
"Luke, I am your mother. Put down that light saber, you'll put your eye out with that thing. And put a sweater on, I'm feeling chilly."
I bet she really struggled with that whole father-son rivalry issue that was going on. "Can't we just sit down and have dinner just once as a family without anyone losing their hand???"

Location hidden

#230681 May 23, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
So the un-born human does not have the right to pro-choice as you do?
Wads of goo are not people and have no rights, period. They have no BRAINS, no SENTIENCE, no FEELINGS and are, at the stage when ELECTIVE abortions are performed, WADS OF GOO.
It is nobody's business if a woman decides that she does not wish to risk her health and her life gestating an unplanned pregnancy.
I have never known a woman to have an elective early term abortion for any reason other than medical necessity when she wanted to be pregnant.

Location hidden

#230682 May 23, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
I am looking at this on the universal scale so gender is irrelevant on my approach to this problem and your answer is not acceptable on the universal scale because you're restricting a life and death situation to abortion only and this is not the case. This life/death situation is broader than that.
Laughing at the thought of a universal answer to this. There isn't one, other than each woman should always have the right to make her own decision.
Unfortunately, there are still places where women have no rights themselves.

Location hidden

#230683 May 23, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
I am looking at this on the universal scale so gender is irrelevant on my approach to this problem and your answer is not acceptable on the universal scale because you're restricting a life and death situation to abortion only and this is not the case. This life/death situation is broader than that.
What do you mean I am restricting it to abortion only? I don't think every unexpected/unplanned pregnancy should be aborted. I just think the choice of whether to attempt to carry to term or not belongs to the woman, nobody else.
MY personal choices were to attempt to carry every pregnancy to term.
That didn't work out, but not because I aborted, but because pregnancies to not all come to term even when they are wanted.
LightForce

Warren, MI

#230684 May 23, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, no. Wrong again. Being poor is defined by how much you have. Across time and culture, it is relative; even the poor in the USA have things that the richest people in the Middle Ages could not even have dreamed about. But the poor in the US do still have to worry about things like getting enough food, keeping a roof over their heads, etc.
Wait, I was wrong? Let’s take a little bit closer look.

Just as an example, if you are “middle class” you could not live in a “rich” neighborhood. The reason is that the regulations/ordinances are written to prohibit you. This happens to different degrees everywhere in this country. How can you afford what the required minimum size 2,000 sq. ft. home would be, pay the $5,000 a year in taxes, and pay for upkeep, food, gas, vehicle, clothes, etc. when you are making $200 -$300 a week? Is it because you are “poor”? No, it is because you are in a place that has put restrictions on your ability to live there. In other words they don’t want “poor”er people living there. This goes on almost everywhere to different degrees. So the “poor” are defined by the most rich/powerful.

A nice tent only costs $100, but are you allowed to live in it where you are? That is what the difference is. Everybody has to live according to the most wealthy’s standards in a society, or be “poor”. A person may be considered rich in one place, and poor in another. The only difference is in where they live.

Other related areas are also big business destroying small family operated business. Big agriculture destroying small family farms. Abortion fits right in there neatly too. It seems like there is such a thing as TOO MUCH competition and self-interest.
derpy

Columbus, OH

#230685 May 23, 2013
No one has a RIGHT to live. It would't be called a FIGHT FOR SURVIVAL if it was a right. Living is a privileged that nature, up until about the last few thousand years when we learned to control everything, could take away at any moment. Natural selection doesn't exist anymore because of this.
Humans are so egotistical to think that every human life is soooooo precious but don't give two fucks about any other living organism.
Death is a part of life and few get to choose how they die.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#230686 May 23, 2013
Abortion is MURDER!!!

Location hidden

#230687 May 23, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Freakin' HILARIOUS.

Thanks for the laughs.

:)

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#230688 May 23, 2013
One thing is for sure, abortion helps to keep the African American a minority.

Location hidden

#230689 May 23, 2013
black beauty 973 wrote:
One thing is for sure, abortion helps to keep the African American a minority.
Perhaps if 'African American' men would put a condom on occasionally, there wouldn't be so many 'African American' women getting pregnant - and if they'd stick around once they got a woman pregnant, perhaps there wouldn't be so many 'African American' women getting abortions....

And why do you folks feel the need to 'Africanize' your American-ness? Can't you just be 'Americans' like the rest of us??

Just curious.

Since: Oct 12

Keysborough, Australia

#230690 May 23, 2013
it is said in the bible: if a woman forsake the life of her child for her own sake she looses her life in the second life. and if a woman forsake her life for the sake of her child she gain her life in the second life

Location hidden

#230691 May 23, 2013
judydude wrote:
it is said in the bible: if a woman forsake the life of her child for her own sake she looses her life in the second life. and if a woman forsake her life for the sake of her child she gain her life in the second life
There is no second life - that's a fairy story - but it's fairly obvious that your agenda is for women to submit to reproductive slavery while you can control them in the only life there is.
Stuff it.
And you can stuff your bible up your.....whatever...as well.

Women are not baby factories, fella.
Get over it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 min Spider1954 949,933
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min New Age Spiritual... 626,787
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 16 min PredatedLemon 14,045
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 48 min sciencealwayswins 17,728
What makes the best soda? Coke or Pepsi? 1 hr dave 3
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Lost In Transition 179,967
Who's the best fighter: Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee,... (Jan '08) 2 hr Billy twins 542
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr who 278,306
More from around the web