The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#230302 May 13, 2013
* police force, my bad!

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#230303 May 14, 2013
Dear Friend of Life,

Today is a historic day for the pro-life movement.

Dr. Kermit Gosnell’s gruesome and inhuman crimes in Philadelphia cried out for justice, and now – for three of his born and struggling victims, at least – justice has been served.

Even as we celebrate this verdict, we honor and mourn as well those among our nation’s weakest children who did not receive "their day in court" – and we must remember that Gosnell is not an outlier within the abortion industry.

As Live Action has documented, the horrors exposed through the Gosnell trial extend well beyond Philadelphia. We cannot allow these "guilty" verdicts, welcome as they are, to make us complacent when it comes to the continuing abuses happening even now in abortion facilities throughout our nation.

We call upon Congress to investigate all those participating in or willing to participate in this kind of brutality toward vulnerable women and children, and end it.

We must continue to work for justice and bring an end to the horrific violence of abortion in our country once and for all. Today is historic because we have seen that when it comes to the crimes of abortion, justice can be served. Now we must make this the norm, rather than the exception.

This is the beginning of the end for Roe. v. Wade. Let us continue to fight for the lives of the most innocent among us.

For Life,

Lila Rose
President
Live Action

To learn more about Live Action's latest investigation, go here: Inhuman: Undercover in America's Late-Term Abortion Industry.

Location hidden

#230304 May 14, 2013

Location hidden

#230305 May 14, 2013
QuickDraw 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Stupid is as stupid does.
:)

“Becoming a better me!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#230306 May 14, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
False premise: A child must be born in order to be a child. Fact: Moving a child from one spot to another – in this case from inside the mother’s body to outside of the mother’s body, only changes the location of the child.
When we speak of rights for one segment of society, we need to speak of rights for all segments of society, otherwise we are guilty of holding to a double-standard, and yet another contradictory statement, which only shows the false basis for the original argument
You are entitled to your own opinions. You are not entitled to your own facts.

All of the above is your OPINION. Not necessarily a FACT.

“Becoming a better me!”

Location hidden

#230307 May 14, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
The law does not validate an argument. That’s like saying that beating one’s wife is OK because it is legal(if it were), and nobody can force a man to give his wife the right to let her do anything she wants to.
Is your way of dealing with a headache to cut off the persons head? Should we make preborn children pay the price for society’s problems? How do you even know if a child will be neglected after they are born?
There is no evidence whatsoever that unwanted preborn babies are more likely to be abused or neglected than wanted children outside the womb. If you look at the data since abortion was legalized in the U.S., child abuse has not decreased but substantially increased. Another fact is that mothers and fathers who were abused as children are more likely to abort.
Okay, then. YOU are not allowed to post your opinions here anymore. The law doesn't validate your ability to do so. You are also not allowed to drive anymore.

Those stupid arguments work both ways, don't they?

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Hightstown, NJ

#230308 May 14, 2013
QuickDraw 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Ding, ding, ding, once again it's the grammar police trying to make themselves feel better because of their own insecurities. LOL!
I don't need to try and feel better. I already know I'm smarter than you.
LightForce

Warren, MI

#230309 May 14, 2013
The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
Lemme just cut off this bullshit right here. WHERE are you getting your information from? Is it a reliable source of government documented statistics? An NGO? Is it accredited?
I've been repeating over and over again how the book Freakonomics details that the plunge in crime in New York City was not due to Rudy Giuliani's modifications to the judicial system and the police forth, but rather because Roe vs. Wade drastically reduced the number of unwanted children that could've been born to poor mothers in rough neighbourhoods and grown up to be criminals. That is a book produced from the YEARS of research compounded by two economists.
http://www.freakonomics.com/2005/05/15/aborti...
The site even mentions how, contrary to what you postulate, rates of infanticide actually DROP if abortion is legal.
You, on the other hand, seem to be rather content by pulling out unsubstantiated claims from thin air (or more likely, your ass) because they're more in line with your personal beliefs than the reality that, yes, letting women have control over their OWN reproductive system is a positive thing. Show us WHERE it says that abortion leads to abuse, show us stats, show this through a link , instead of coming out with this bullshit.
No, I don’t think I would consider “Freakonomics” a reliable source. This book you’re talking about sounds like it might have been written by a couple of rich white guys that are attempting to slow the spread of undesirables aka, Blacks, Hispanics and poor people into their neighborhood by promoting abortion/population control. I don’t know if it’s common where you’re from, but in the US there is a lot of prejudice towards different races/classes of people.

Regardless though, there are a lot of theories, but the best explanation that I have heard of for the rise and decline of crime rates seems to be the rise and decline of the use of leaded gasoline, which closely parallel each other. http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2013/0...

Also, according to the National Incidence Study of Child Abuse and Neglect (NIS) child maltreatment has risen dramatically since the 70s (when abortion became legal).

NIS-1 (1980): 625,100
NIS-2 (1986): 931,000
NIS-3 (1993): 1,553,800

The NIS-3 statistics represent a 67% increase from 1986 and 149% increase from 1981. The report also indicated significant increases from 1986 to 1993 in physical abuse (97%), sexual abuse (125%), emotional abuse (183%), physical neglect (163%), and emotional neglect (188%). These initial numbers strongly indicate that legal abortion has not reduced child abuse in America. Child maltreatment has leveled off since 1993. These numbers seem to follow the general pattern of other crime rates.
Source: https://www.childwelfare.gov/pubs/statsinfo/n...

It would seem then that legal abortion probably only makes the situation even worse. At the very least, when we analyze the data, it is clear that the legalization of abortion has not reduced the rate of child maltreatment in the United States. And while we cannot be definitive, we should at least be aware of the psychological damages that legal abortion can potentially have on future parent-child relations. In other words, it is possible (even likely) that if parents do not value children before birth it may lead parents to devalue children who are born. But abortion in itself is actually a form of child abuse.

“Calling Out The Hermits”

Since: Apr 13

At Ricky Dicky land

#230310 May 14, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep telling yourself that while looking in the mirror ya simpleton. Lol.
You remind me of the ole SNL skit.........
" I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dog gone it people like me." as pity music is playing in the background. lmao.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#230311 May 14, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don’t think I would consider “Freakonomics” a reliable source. This book you’re talking about sounds like it might have been written by a couple of rich white guys that are attempting to slow the spread of undesirables aka, Blacks, Hispanics and poor people into their neighborhood by promoting abortion/population control.
Of course, if you were to actually read it, you might actually be able to provide an INFORMED opinion on the book, rather than just blathering baseless bigotry.
LightForce wrote:
I don’t know if it’s common where you’re from, but in the US there is a lot of prejudice towards different races/classes of people.
Yeah, for once I have to agree with you.
LightForce wrote:
Regardless though, there are a lot of theories, but the best explanation that I have heard of for the rise and decline of crime rates seems to be the rise and decline of the use of leaded gasoline, which closely parallel each other. http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2013/0...
You could also site free school lunches, the switch to reduced-fat milk for kids, or the increase in churches preaching Biblical inerrancy. You don't know enough about cause and effect to make a rational comment.
LightForce wrote:
Also, according to the National Incidence Study of Child Abuse and Neglect (NIS) child maltreatment has risen dramatically since the 70s (when abortion became legal).
NIS-1 (1980): 625,100
NIS-2 (1986): 931,000
NIS-3 (1993): 1,553,800
The NIS-3 statistics represent a 67% increase from 1986 and 149% increase from 1981. The report also indicated significant increases from 1986 to 1993 in physical abuse (97%), sexual abuse (125%), emotional abuse (183%), physical neglect (163%), and emotional neglect (188%). These initial numbers strongly indicate that legal abortion has not reduced child abuse in America. Child maltreatment has leveled off since 1993. These numbers seem to follow the general pattern of other crime rates.
Source: https://www.childwelfare.gov/pubs/statsinfo/n...
And without looking at a LOT of other data, these figures are meaningless in this discussion. Just off the top of my head, you would need to take into consideration the number of people living below the poverty line, the number of single parent families, the number of children living with a step-father, rates of substance abuse, exposure to toxic chemicals (current and historical, going back to the grandparents of the abusers), and the average age of abusive parents. I am sure that there are many more factors as well.
LightForce wrote:
It would seem then that legal abortion probably only makes the situation even worse. At the very least, when we analyze the data, it is clear that the legalization of abortion has not reduced the rate of child maltreatment in the United States.
But you have NOT analyzed the data, you have merely taken a single data point nad quoted it out of context. That is a form of lying.
LightForce wrote:
And while we cannot be definitive, we should at least be aware of the psychological damages that legal abortion can potentially have on future parent-child relations. In other words, it is possible (even likely) that if parents do not value children before birth it may lead parents to devalue children who are born. But abortion in itself is actually a form of child abuse.
And you really need to learn to not lie. There is NO evidence to support your claim. Many women who have elective abortions never experience any psychological damage, and rational people understand that a fetus is not a child so that aborting a fetus has NO bearing on the value placed on future live children.

Location hidden

#230312 May 14, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
UMMMM, no you aren't you killed your children in the womb. That makes you stupid,uncompassionate,and a selfish bitch. Live with that!

Location hidden

#230313 May 14, 2013
QuickDraw 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Keep telling yourself that while looking in the mirror ya simpleton. Lol.
You remind me of the ole SNL skit.........
" I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dog gone it people like me." as pity music is playing in the background. lmao.
LMAO

Location hidden

#230314 May 14, 2013
mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>
You are entitled to your own opinions. You are not entitled to your own facts.
All of the above is your OPINION. Not necessarily a FACT.
Wrong,wrong,wrong,why don't you tell people how far along you really were when you killed your unborn in the womb???????

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#230315 May 14, 2013
Life is Precious wrote:
<quoted text>UMMMM, no you aren't you killed your children in the womb. That makes you stupid,uncompassionate,and a selfish bitch. Live with that!
No, she did not. You're a hypocritical pile of waste who doesn't understand the difference between a wad of goo and an actual living, breathing CHILD.
But keep on reminding us what that "Christian love" is really all about. Lying, name calling and judging others. Oh, wait, those are the things you're NOT supposed to be doing. Yet you do, day after day.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#230316 May 14, 2013
Life is Precious wrote:
<quoted text>UMMMM, no you aren't you killed your children in the womb. That makes you stupid,uncompassionate,and a selfish bitch. Live with that!
Do you actually believe I care what your opinion of me is? You've demonstrated yourself to be a psychotic, obsessive, angry, hate-filled shrew who has nothing better to do with her life than stalk people online. You are also the biggest hypocrite out of anyone on here. While I may have had an abortion, I have never tried to persuade anyone that I am better or more moral than anyone else. However, you climb upon your pedestal and claim yourself to be a god-fearing/loving Christian while exhibiting the exact opposite of what the god you claim to serve has instructed you. I know who I am and I know the acts I've carried out, but you're nothing but a lying, angry, sad hypocrite. Anything you spout to me or MS or anyone else on here is laughed away because you've exposed yourself for who and what you truly are. You have no credibility because you're a hypocrite. Now make sure you spend the rest of your days obsessing over a woman you purport to have so much disdain for and waste your energy spewing anger and negativity instead of serving your lord. That's what we all expect of you anyway.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#230317 May 14, 2013
Life is Precious wrote:
Ephesians 4:29

"Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear."

Colossians 3:8

"But now you must put them all away: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and obscene talk from your mouth."

James 3:10

"From the same mouth come blessing and cursing. My brothers, these things ought not to be so."

2 Timothy 2:16

"But avoid irreverent babble, for it will lead people into more and more ungodliness,"

And most importantly:

James 1:26

"If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless."

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#230318 May 14, 2013
Life is Precious wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong,wrong,wrong,why don't you tell people how far along you really were when you killed your unborn in the womb???????

"If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless."

“Becoming a better me!”

Location hidden

#230319 May 14, 2013
Life is Precious wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong,wrong,wrong,why don't you tell people how far along you really were when you killed your unborn in the womb???????
six weeks, to the day.

“Becoming a better me!”

Location hidden

#230320 May 14, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Her last post is just laughable. Why on EARTH she'd have any consideration about how far along I was when I had the abortion is beyond me.

And how she thinks she might "prove" that I was "lying" is beyond me.

If she was intelligent enough to look back in the posts, she'd see that I've stated I was six weeks to the day several times.

Unlike her, my posts are consistent.
LightForce

Warren, MI

#230321 May 14, 2013
PRO-CHOICE QUIRKY QUOTES
We knew it all along, they just don’t usually come right out and say it.

1. British politician, Colin Brewer, who last year said that disabled children should be killed to save taxpayer money has now compared disabled children to deformed lambs that need to be culled. In an interview with none other than the Disability News Service, Brewer said that perhaps we should be treating disabled children like the runt of a litter of lambs which are often disposed of by smashing them against the wall.‘If they have a misshapen lamb, they get rid of it,” he said.“They get rid of it. Bang.”

1. Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel who acted as a special health advisor to President Obama, reportedly said in 1996:“Conversely, services provided to individuals who are irreversibly prevented from being or becoming participating citizens are not basic and should not be guaranteed.”

Who judges who is a participant, I wonder? And how much participation is warranted for treatment?

3. New Hampshire’s Martin Harty, a freshman state legislator, resigned from office after saying he wished “defective people” could be exiled and left to die in Siberia.

4. Just a few years ago Supreme Court Justice Ruth Vader Ginsburg told the New York Times that “at the time Roe was decided, there was concern about population growth and particularly growth in populations that we don’t want to have too many of.”

Two questions arise. Who is the “we” and who are those we don’t want to have too many of.

SEE MORE PRO-CHOICE VIEWS HERE:
http://www.lifenews.com/2013/05/14/politician...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Doctor Peace 49,037
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 11 min Student 44,705
Just HOW angry is Satan??? 23 min Thinking 5
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 36 min Scottish man 22
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 45 min Pope Scamsalot 646,732
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 57 min Buck Crick 971,737
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 1 hr USA-1 38,759
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr Annaleigh 105,636
More from around the web