There is Everything Wrong with Abortion
LightForce

Warren, MI

#230227 May 11, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Changing society to reflect the view that women are no longer chattel, had already been accomplished, long before you discovered that a negative attitude toward abortion, would garner you warm fuzzies from strangers, on an internet forum.
You're a few decades too late, dear.
Advocating for the life of children is not what I consider to be extraordinary. But what I do think is extraordinary is that you and others are continuing to advocate for the right to kill children.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#230228 May 11, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
Advocating for the life of children is not what I consider to be extraordinary. But what I do think is extraordinary is that you and others are continuing to advocate for the right to kill children.
Killing children is already illegal.

Because children are born.

“Happy & Content”

Since: May 13

Savannah, GA

#230229 May 11, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> I wouldn't sweat it, your post above is a very sound one and presents some very sensible and viable options.
Peace.
Thank you, I'm just telling it like I see it :)
LightForce

Warren, MI

#230230 May 11, 2013
<quoted text>Killing children is already illegal.
If you admit that children include those that are preborn too, then you would have to allow them the right to live also. You know it, you're just afraid to admit it.

Location hidden

#230231 May 11, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
If you admit that children include those that are preborn too, then you would have to allow them the right to live also. You know it, you're just afraid to admit it.
I don't admit to melodramatic hyperbole, dear.

Children are born.
That's why it's illegal to kill them.
Fetuses are potential children.
That's why they do not have civil rights.

Women are no more obliged to give up our right to bodily autonomy when we are pregnant, than men ever are - even though men can't get pregnant.

You fear that women will refuse en masse to be walking wombs, so you advocate legally obliging us to do as you would not, were the roles reversed.

And you know it.
LightForce

Warren, MI

#230232 May 11, 2013
<quoted text>I don't admit to melodramatic hyperbole, dear.
Children are born.
That's why it's illegal to kill them.
Fetuses are potential children.
That's why they do not have civil rights.
Women are no more obliged to give up our right to bodily autonomy when we are pregnant, than men ever are - even though men can't get pregnant.
You fear that women will refuse en masse to be walking wombs, so you advocate legally obliging us to do as you would not, were the roles reversed.
And you know it.
I’m sorry, I thought that you actually meant what you said when you were talking about the importance of freedom and justice.

You are just another one that hides behind the law when you have no logical argument, as long as it suits your opinion/agenda.

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#230233 May 11, 2013
reason these pro-lifers want all children to be born. including those who endanger the lives of their moms.
is because they want that pregnancy "glass ceiling" to remain in place. as a way of judging women if they are adults or are they still kids.
and if a woman dies during pregnancy. oh well, looks like she was not meant to be a mom ITHO

Location hidden

#230234 May 11, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
I’m sorry, I thought that you actually meant what you said when you were talking about the importance of freedom and justice.
You are just another one that hides behind the law when you have no logical argument, as long as it suits your opinion/agenda.
Freedom from unwanted pregnancy, and the justice of retaining our right to bodily autonomy regardless of gender, seem to bother you, when recognized and exercised by members of mine.

Am I supposed to be chastened by your disappointment that I don't subscribe to a morality against my own best interest?

I'm not in the least chastened...and I'm also not a bit sorry.

:)

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#230235 May 11, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never seen you advocate for children, only for goo.
Why do you want control over all women?
What makes you think you have that right?
Not your body, none of your business.
TShos

United States

#230236 May 11, 2013
reagal wrote:
<quoted text>
You love to murder. I have no compassion for a monster like you. You are no different than the Newtown and Boston murderer. I bet you are an atheist.
All atheists should be visited and investigated by the FBI. It would be a great start in ending future crimes.
TShos

United States

#230237 May 11, 2013
Abortion is murder. I'm sure you agree with that.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#230238 May 11, 2013
Decent92 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, I'm just telling it like I see it :)
(C:
TShos

United States

#230239 May 11, 2013
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>I've never seen you advocate for children, only for goo.
Why do you want control over all women?
What makes you think you have that right?
Not your body, none of your business.
Why do you like to murder helpless people, you hateful inconsiderate bastard?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#230240 May 11, 2013
Reagal Wrote:

Wow, that is a strong statement. it may have a lot of truth in it, but I cringe at the sound of it, thank you for your boldness.

Peace.

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#230241 May 11, 2013
TShos wrote:
<quoted text>
All atheists should be visited and investigated by the FBI. It would be a great start in ending future crimes.
you forget that not only are folks protected from religion. as well as they are allowed to be a part of religion.
in the case of atheists, they have the right under the Constitution NOT to be a part of organized religion.
as for crimes, many have been committed by those who believed in a religion.

“Becoming a better me!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#230242 May 11, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post is stupid, and contradictory.
It is not a matter of “caring” about somebody when you are protecting the right to kill them. And if you simply hide behind the law, it means that you have no real argument except that it is what the law says. When the law changes and your argument is that it is the law, then we will agree with each other.
You aren't reading my posts. I don't say abortion is right because it's the law.

It's the law because no woman can be forced to remain pregnant and give birth against her will.

You still have not addressed AFTER the birth. What happens to the children who need nurturing, warmth, food, shelter and much more and don't get it because their mothers cannot be moms.

You are focusing on the fetus. I focus on the whole people, the mother AND the child.

“Becoming a better me!”

Location hidden

#230243 May 11, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
Is your great-great grandmother "undead?"

No? then there are not "pre-born children."

“Becoming a better me!”

Location hidden

#230244 May 11, 2013
TShos wrote:
<quoted text>
What a completely idiotic statement.

Among "belivers" in god you can count Eric Rudolph, Timothy McVeigh, Adolf Hitler, and Fred Phelps and his whole family.

“Becoming a better me!”

Location hidden

#230245 May 11, 2013
whoops, missed an "e"

believers.

“Becoming a better me!”

Location hidden

#230246 May 11, 2013
TShos wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you like to murder helpless people, you hateful inconsiderate bastard?
If you ever see anyone on here claim to murder anyone, please notify the appropriate police force.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 min Seentheotherside 45,845
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min onemale 284,623
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min Michael 665,469
Liberals say INCEST marriage is okay 15 min guest 5
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 19 min Clearwater 619,143
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 22 min truth 624
Electing a president.......with NO POLITICAL EX... 55 min Doctor REALITY 6
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Gabriel 977,432
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr truth 88,379
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 1 hr Lonestar 255
More from around the web