“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#230022 May 7, 2013
Kullid wrote:
<quoted text>\|
you compare a foetus to cancer cells?!
Both are alive, both have human DNA, AND both are capable of killing their hosts.

So yes.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#230023 May 7, 2013
Kullid wrote:
<quoted text>
wad of goo...a word to make you feel better. tsk tsk
Can't count either, can you? Wad of goo is three words. What is it you think I feel badly about in the first place?
Insensate wads of goo are not babies.
You have no right to insist that any woman who does not wish to attempt to gestate to term do so. Pregnancy ALWAYS has the potential to harm the woman who is pregnant.

Location hidden

#230024 May 7, 2013
Kullid wrote:
<quoted text>
how is it the foetus/baby's fault if your contraception failed, or if you chose to have unprotected sex. I'm talking about your situation. What did that harmless foetus do to you that you had to eliminate(wow, such a loaded word) it? The availability of 'options' for you, does not make what you did right, no matter how you try to convince yourself. No matter how you fell pregnant, it's not the fault of the foetus/baby. Why didn't you kill yourself instead...since being pregnant was your problem? Or why didn't you kill the father...since he was abusive to you? You sacrificed your baby at the alter of your right to kill/your choice/your mistake.
If this is how you truly feel, I suggest you stick to these principles, by never ever ever ever contemplating, seeking, or obtaining an abortion. But thanks to the fact that abortion is legal, it's totally your call...

As to the pregnancies of others, however, your opinion on this issue is completely moot.

Have a nice day.

Location hidden

#230025 May 7, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
Do cancer cells become adult human beings? Ignorant.
Does every fetus become a born child, even WITHOUT abortion?

Is an acorn an oak tree?

Do you protest the process of In-Vitro Fertilization, for the destruction of human embryos, as vehemently as you do abortion?

Or is it more important to you to control a womb, than a petri dish??

Bullshit artist.
The truth

New York, NY

#230026 May 7, 2013
Most late term murders would survive outside the womb and many do unassisted but must be eliminated. They actually are almost entirely outside the womb when the instrument is pushed through the back of their skull. terrible process for someone who has moving limbs and a beating heart and would live outside the womb. The most helpless have no rights or anyone looking out for them.

“Calling Out The Hermits”

Since: Apr 13

At Ricky Dicky land

#230027 May 7, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
How abortion helped me:
I was able to continue working at my job, was not overwhelmed with expensive hospital costs since I had no insurance, I was able to get an even better job making more money, I was able to get away from a bad relationship, I was able to start my career as a freelance writer and editor...the list just goes on and on.
Thank you to all those who have fought for the pro-choice movement!
A true classic statement of "convenience" here by miss selfish shit herself. Me, me, me, me.....I,I,I,I......you're a real classic self centered pos.

“Calling Out The Hermits”

At Ricky Dicky land

#230028 May 7, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
THERE IS >>>NO<<< COMMANDMENT TO NOT KILL. In fact, killing is encouraged in the Bible.
There is a commandment to not >>MURDER<<, which is entirely different.
<quoted text>
Irrelevant to the the topic.
<quoted text>
Quite lying. You have NOTHING to support that claim. Did the God of the Bible know the prophet Jeremiah while Jerry was still in the womb? Well, if we accept the concept that this God was able to predict events that would not happen for centuries, then I think that it is safe to say that He would have known that Jerry was actually going to live to reach live birth, and not just end up as a bloody wad of goo, slowly drying to dust in the desert heat. One might even be tempted to say that it was preordained that Jerry was going to live...
Beyond that, you need to learn the difference between a translation and the actual "Word of God". Exodus 21:22 uses the Hebrew term that indicates pregnancy, it does NOT say "child", it says <hareh>, not <valad>.
<quoted text>
Please TRY to learn something before you post anymore. There were NO Pharisees in the days of Moses. They did not exist until around 165 BCE, rather late in the Second Temple Period. For some actual information on the Pharisees (and not just anti-Jewish propaganda) see here:
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/455...
You owe your whole Jesus myth to the Pharisees: "The Pharisees also maintained that an afterlife existed and that God punished the wicked and rewarded the righteous in the world to come. They also believed in a messiah who would herald an era of world peace."
From here:
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/H...
As far as the tax goes, I am not saying that it defined the value of a human life, but that it clearly proves that a newborn infant had no value - it was just far too likely that the newborn infant was going to die.
A classic case of sfb's here.
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>THERE IS >>>NO<<< COMMANDMENT TO NOT KILL. In fact, killing is encouraged in the Bible.
And this idiot preaches about trying to learn something before you post, OMG talk about the epitome of stupidity.

Location hidden

#230029 May 7, 2013
QuickDraw 1 wrote:
<quoted text>A true classic statement of "convenience" here by miss selfish shit herself. Me, me, me, me.....I,I,I,I......you're a real classic self centered pos.
You're a classic case of selfishness too - it seems you would enslave all women to our uteri, to protect your own 'feelings' about abortion.

And since we're here, what is your stance on in-vitro fertilization?

Are you protesting the disposal of 'extraneous' or 'undesirable' embryos from that procedure, with all the angst and drama you bring to THIS discussion?

Or are you another one who's much more concerned with where those embryos were formed than with what their fate might be?

I'm guessing you just don't find the idea of controlling a Petri dish, as intriguing as controlling a woman and her uterus.
LightForce

Warren, MI

#230030 May 7, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
THERE IS >>>NO<<< COMMANDMENT TO NOT KILL. In fact, killing is encouraged in the Bible.
There is a commandment to not >>MURDER<<, which is entirely different.
<quoted text>
Irrelevant to the the topic.
<quoted text>
Quite lying. You have NOTHING to support that claim. Did the God of the Bible know the prophet Jeremiah while Jerry was still in the womb? Well, if we accept the concept that this God was able to predict events that would not happen for centuries, then I think that it is safe to say that He would have known that Jerry was actually going to live to reach live birth, and not just end up as a bloody wad of goo, slowly drying to dust in the desert heat. One might even be tempted to say that it was preordained that Jerry was going to live...
Beyond that, you need to learn the difference between a translation and the actual "Word of God". Exodus 21:22 uses the Hebrew term that indicates pregnancy, it does NOT say "child", it says <hareh>, not <valad>.
<quoted text>
Please TRY to learn something before you post anymore. There were NO Pharisees in the days of Moses. They did not exist until around 165 BCE, rather late in the Second Temple Period. For some actual information on the Pharisees (and not just anti-Jewish propaganda) see here:
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/455...
die.
(EDITED FOR SPACE)

No.

Exodus 21:22-24 “When men strive together and hit a pregnant woman, so that her children come out, but there is no harm, the one who hit her shall surely be fined, as the woman’s husband shall impose on him, and he shall pay as the judges determine. But if there is harm, then you shall pay life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,

Meaning:

When men strive together and they hurt unintentionally a woman with child, and her children come forth but no mischief happens - that is, the woman and the children do not die--the one who hurts her shall surely be punished by a fine. But if any mischief happens, that is, if the woman dies or the children, then you shall give life for life.

Also,

Lev. 24:17 “Whoever takes a human life shall surely be put to death. Another version says:'If a man takes the life of any human being, he shall surely be put to death. Notice that this verse actually specifies “human life” or “human being”. We also know from the verse in Exodus 21:12 that this means intentional killing as we discussed earlier.

In addition:

Now, the word children derives from the Hebrew yeled, which is a “child.” In this instance the word is plural,“children,” which likely is calculated to cover multiple births, or perhaps both sexes.“Hareh” refers to the WOMAN who is with child, or pregnant, which actually supports my own view. There is also no linguistic justification for translating verse 22 to refer to a miscarriage. The phrase “if any mischief follow” in Exodus 21:23, does not make any distinction between the mother and her unborn child. It seems to be speaking about a premature birth rather than a miscarriage here with no harm to either the mother or child.

Conclusion:

Although this and other scripture certainly highlights the importance placed on the life of a preborn child, I still don’t feel the need to use it to support my argument.

Notes:

Interestingly, a parallel Assyrian law dated between 1450 B.C. and 1250 B.C. prescribed death by torture in cases of induced abortion. The text reads:‘If a woman by her own deed has cast [aborted] that which is within her womb, and a charge has been brought and proved against her, they shall impale her and not bury her. If she dies from casting that which is in her womb, they shall impale her and not bury her.

Ouch! That would hurt.

Location hidden

#230031 May 7, 2013
(EDITED FOR RELEVANCE TO ACTUAL AGENDA)
LightForce wrote:
Notes:
Interestingly, a parallel Assyrian law dated between 1450 B.C. and 1250 B.C. prescribed death by torture in cases of induced abortion. The text reads:‘If a woman by her own deed has cast [aborted] that which is within her womb, and a charge has been brought and proved against her, they shall impale her and not bury her. If she dies from casting that which is in her womb, they shall impale her and not bury her.
Ouch! That would hurt.
I'm quite sure if you had your way, this 'deterrent' to abortion would also be law in the United States, and you would rub your hands in glee every time a woman was subjected to it.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#230032 May 7, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>(EDITED FOR SPACE)
No.
Exodus 21:22-24 “When men strive together and hit a pregnant woman, so that her children come out, but there is no harm, the one who hit her shall surely be fined, as the woman’s husband shall impose on him, and he shall pay as the judges determine. But if there is harm, then you shall pay life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,
Meaning:
When men strive together and they hurt unintentionally a woman with child, and her children come forth but no mischief happens - that is, the woman and the children do not die--the one who hurts her shall surely be punished by a fine. But if any mischief happens, that is, if the woman dies or the children, then you shall give life for life.
No matter how hard you pretend, that is NOT the meaning of that verse. PREEMIES DO NO SURVIVE WITHOUT MODERN MEDICAL INTERVENTION. Certainly not preemies that were abruptly aborted as a result of men fighting. Quite lying about this.
LightForce wrote:
Also,
Lev. 24:17 “Whoever takes a human life shall surely be put to death. Another version says:'If a man takes the life of any human being, he shall surely be put to death. Notice that this verse actually specifies “human life” or “human being”. We also know from the verse in Exodus 21:12 that this means intentional killing as we discussed earlier.
The actual word used was < 'adam > man or mankind.
LightForce wrote:
In addition:
Now, the word children derives from the Hebrew yeled,
No, child comes from the Germanic < cild >.
LightForce wrote:
which is a “child.”
Actually, < yalad > has more to do with giving birth, bringing forth...
LightForce wrote:
In this instance the word is plural,“children,” which likely is calculated to cover multiple births, or perhaps both sexes.“Hareh” refers to the WOMAN who is with child, or pregnant, which actually supports my own view. There is also no linguistic justification for translating verse 22 to refer to a miscarriage. The phrase “if any mischief follow” in Exodus 21:23, does not make any distinction between the mother and her unborn child. It seems to be speaking about a premature birth rather than a miscarriage here with no harm to either the mother or child.
Conclusion:
Although this and other scripture certainly highlights the importance placed on the life of a preborn child, I still don’t feel the need to use it to support my argument.
< 'ishshah > = woman
< hareh > = pregnant
< yeled > = child, offspring
< yatsa' > = go out

You could at least TRY to get the words correct...

Not that it actually helps you. It is ridiculous to try and claim that a preemie had any chance at all abck then. The verse is acknowledging the fact that pregnancy is uncertain, and that men should be more careful around a pregnant woman, but accidents will happen. Miscarriages happen all the time, before modern medical care they would have been far more common than they are today, and even today, many women have to put up with multiple miscarriages even when they WANT to carry to term.
LightForce wrote:
Notes:
Ouch! That would hurt.
And the part that you left out was that that penalty applied IF the woman sought the abortion AGAINST her husband's wishes. It was NOT a law against abortions, it was a law about property management.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#230033 May 7, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
(EDITED FOR RELEVANCE TO ACTUAL AGENDA)
<quoted text>
I'm quite sure if you had your way, this 'deterrent' to abortion would also be law in the United States, and you would rub your hands in glee every time a woman was subjected to it.
The translation that I read said "crucify", not impale...

“Becoming a better me!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#230034 May 7, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
Although your opinion makes about as much logic as rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic does and is completely wrong on so many levels, it’s still relatively refreshing to see something other than just personal attacks on another individual.
Your views are actually “pro-parent’s-right-to-kill-th eir-child”– let’s be honest here. And selfish motives for killing another individual are not a valid argument in a “just” society. The fact that someone may spoil your vacation plans is not good enough reason to kill them either.
However this Nazi idealism got to be this far ingrained into our society’s customs, it is important that we do everything now that we can to try and reverse it.
I challenge you to find anyone who had an abortion because a baby might spoil their vacation plans. That's right up there with the poster who insisted that girls had abortions so that they can fit into their prom dresses.

If you hear of anyone killing children, notify the police. Dial 911. That is unacceptable.

You, typically, don't think beyond birth. You and your ilk have blinders on that shut out everything past labor and delivery.

Explain to me how a 15 year old is supposed to finish school, take care of an infant, plus get a further education while caring for a toddler. Without mommy and daddy paying the bills. That is the reality for far too many. How does she handle her minimum wage job when the baby has an ear infection and she has no sick days and no insurance?

How does she cope when the kid gets chicken pox and she has no sick days and no family to help?

You close your eyes and "fix" it all by saying "there are services to help."

I've been there. I'm here to tell you, the stock answer is "we've exhausted our resources this month."

Most of them give up and resort to illegal means to get money. OR they dump their kids into foster care. Those are the kids who leave their kids in the car while they go drinking with their friends. Or prostituting themselves for drugs.

You close your eyes and live in your castle on the hill. You continue to refuse to acknowledge reality. Those gang-bangers who graffiti everything? Where do your think their parents are? How OLD do you think their parents are?

Next time you hear of teenagers robbing a home to get pain pills, ask yourself how old their parents were. Same with a meth lab. Or children abandoned somewhere.

Pull your head out of your ass and look at the REAL WORLD. Not the Kardashians.

Kids having kids leads to more kids having even younger kids. and it begets a cycle of drugs, irresponsibility, welfare, and more kids. I see it daily. I look around me and see the results.

Just because someone can bear a child does not mean she's meant to be a parent. Just because she has a vagina does not mean she's ready to be a parent.

Care about the BORN child for a while. Care about whether it will be loved, fed, nurtured, and cared for.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#230035 May 8, 2013
phleb 1 wrote:
Many pro-lifers attempt to intimidate? Lmao! Keep telling yourself that mamsan. Your filthy conscience is getting the best of you.
You got that right.

Location hidden

#230036 May 8, 2013
Lev. 24:17 “Whoever takes a human life shall surely be put to death."

If only The God had listened to His God.

He would still be here to guide us.

Oh well, lucky we have that free will thing.

“Becoming a better me!”

Location hidden

#230037 May 8, 2013
Life is Precious wrote:
<quoted text>You got that right.
How's your conscience Liar? Still waiting for those posts in which I lied or stated that all men are horrible.

Oh yes...that's right! I didn't do either!

Don't forget to ask jeeeebus for forgiveness for your lies this morning. Then you can come back tomorrow morning and lie all over again.

Isn't that how it works?

Location hidden

#230038 May 8, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
The translation that I read said "crucify", not impale...
Either way, that one would LOVE to see any and every woman, who avails herself of an abortion, tortured and killed.

'Lightforce' is light on intelligence....but heavy on the 'force' bit.
LightForce

Warren, MI

#230039 May 8, 2013
mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>
I challenge you to find anyone who had an abortion because a baby might spoil their vacation plans. That's right up there with the poster who insisted that girls had abortions so that they can fit into their prom dresses.
If you hear of anyone killing children, notify the police. Dial 911. That is unacceptable.
You, typically, don't think beyond birth. You and your ilk have blinders on that shut out everything past labor and delivery.
Explain to me how a 15 year old is supposed to finish school, take care of an infant, plus get a further education while caring for a toddler. Without mommy and daddy paying the bills. That is the reality for far too many. How does she handle her minimum wage job when the baby has an ear infection and she has no sick days and no insurance?
How does she cope when the kid gets chicken pox and she has no sick days and no family to help?
You close your eyes and "fix" it all by saying "there are services to help."
I've been there. I'm here to tell you, the stock answer is "we've exhausted our resources this month."
Most of them give up and resort to illegal means to get money. OR they dump their kids into foster care. Those are the kids who leave their kids in the car while they go drinking with their friends. Or prostituting themselves for drugs.
You close your eyes and live in your castle on the hill. You continue to refuse to acknowledge reality. Those gang-bangers who graffiti everything? Where do your think their parents are? How OLD do you think their parents are?
Next time you hear of teenagers robbing a home to get pain pills, ask yourself how old their parents were. Same with a meth lab. Or children abandoned somewhere.
Pull your head out of your ass and look at the REAL WORLD. Not the Kardashians.
Kids having kids leads to more kids having even younger kids. and it begets a cycle of drugs, irresponsibility, welfare, and more kids. I see it daily. I look around me and see the results.
Just because someone can bear a child does not mean she's meant to be a parent. Just because she has a vagina does not mean she's ready to be a parent.
Care about the BORN child for a while. Care about whether it will be loved, fed, nurtured, and cared for.
Wouldn’t it make life so much easier if we just kill granny too? Your stock answer is to just kill them. How many have to be killed in order to satisfy your lust for blood? Killing a pre, or postnatal child for the reasons that you state should not even be discussed in a just society. You and I both know that what is being done is the actual killing of a prenatal child, so you can stop the charades now. What you are really talking about is the population control/killing of the poor or undesirables in society, instead of discussing changing society. That is very disturbing to me.
LightForce

Warren, MI

#230040 May 8, 2013
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>I'll tell you when I'm against abortion. When the pregnant woman DOES NOT WANT ONE. I'm completely against a woman being forced to abort, just as I'm against one being forced to gestate an unwanted pregnancy.
Not your body, none of your business.
Wads of goo have no rights, no thoughts, no guarantee they'll develop whether they're wanted or not. The living, breathing woman who is pregnant is the one who has the decision as to whether or not SHE is willing to risk her life and health ATTEMPTING to bring a conception to term.
And you? You aren't even in the game are you? As I recall, you're male, meaning it will never EVER be your decision or any of your business.
Are you saying that a parent should have the right to kill her child at any point during her pregnancy? Are you saying that the child is a “wad of goo” during the entire pregnancy all the way up to birth. Can you answer that with a simple yes or know, or are you going to continue to try to avoid the issue. Your comments keep contradicting themselves because your argument is in itself contradictory and therefore makes no sense. I already know that in order to answer this without looking too silly, you can’t answer with a yes or no. You will have to leave out the “wad of goo” part, or the “It’s not your body” part so that the contradiction will not be so obvious. Either way, your views have already been discredited as just being selfish.

“Becoming a better me!”

Location hidden

#230041 May 8, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
Wouldn’t it make life so much easier if we just kill granny too? Your stock answer is to just kill them. How many have to be killed in order to satisfy your lust for blood? Killing a pre, or postnatal child for the reasons that you state should not even be discussed in a just society. You and I both know that what is being done is the actual killing of a prenatal child, so you can stop the charades now. What you are really talking about is the population control/killing of the poor or undesirables in society, instead of discussing changing society. That is very disturbing to me.
What I said has no resemblance whatsoever to what you've stated above.

Drama much?

And what you AREN'T addressing is that child AFTER birth.

Why not?

Or are you only posting on here for your daily drama fix and you really don't give a good goddamn.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 min ChromiuMan 5,461
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min ChristineM 750,564
White women leaving their white families in dro... (Aug '09) 6 min Johnny 137
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min KayMarie 548,611
why are most gay white and latino men bias agai... (Aug '13) 18 min dtong 14
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 22 min ChristineM 229,976
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 32 min who 261,661
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 48 min New Age Spiritual... 602,172
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 4 hr flatbushsam 126

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE