Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
Do cancer cells become adult human beings? Ignorant.
Life is life, right? Who are we to judge what constitutes life, right? I mean, any life that arises within the human body must've been put there by god, regardless if it's cancer or a zygote. Right?
LightForce

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

HOW “PRO-CHOICE AFFECTED THE LIVES OF TWO PEOPLE

The clinic worker took one look at the moving baby and told Angele that she would get her supervisor. But the minutes ticked by, and no one came. It became clear to Angele that Violene was not going to summon help. She grabbed her phone and quickly dialed her friend, pleading with her to call 911 and send paramedics to save her baby.

Angele continued to be left alone with her son, who she said reacted to her voice. All she could do was try and comfort him:

“I stayed beside Rowan talking to him, telling him how strong he was being and how proud I was of him. I told him God must really want us to be together for him to make it through everything he had just been through and that Mommy was so sorry but so happy to have a chance to love him. I told him he was a strong little miracle and that I couldn’t wait for him to meet his brother and sister. I just kept touching him, trying to warm him with my hands and talking to him so he would not feel any more afraid than he already must.”

FOR THE REST OF THIS “PRO-CHOICE STORY: http://www.lifenews.com/2013/05/07/mom-scream...

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Hightstown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

LightForce wrote:
HOW “PRO-CHOICE AFFECTED THE LIVES OF TWO PEOPLE
The clinic worker took one look at the moving baby and told Angele that she would get her supervisor. But the minutes ticked by, and no one came. It became clear to Angele that Violene was not going to summon help. She grabbed her phone and quickly dialed her friend, pleading with her to call 911 and send paramedics to save her baby.
Angele continued to be left alone with her son, who she said reacted to her voice. All she could do was try and comfort him:
“I stayed beside Rowan talking to him, telling him how strong he was being and how proud I was of him. I told him God must really want us to be together for him to make it through everything he had just been through and that Mommy was so sorry but so happy to have a chance to love him. I told him he was a strong little miracle and that I couldn’t wait for him to meet his brother and sister. I just kept touching him, trying to warm him with my hands and talking to him so he would not feel any more afraid than he already must.”
FOR THE REST OF THIS “PRO-CHOICE STORY: http://www.lifenews.com/2013/05/07/mom-scream...
How abortion helped me:

I was able to continue working at my job, was not overwhelmed with expensive hospital costs since I had no insurance, I was able to get an even better job making more money, I was able to get away from a bad relationship, I was able to start my career as a freelance writer and editor...the list just goes on and on.

Thank you to all those who have fought for the pro-choice movement!
LightForce

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Life is life, right? Who are we to judge what constitutes life, right? I mean, any life that arises within the human body must've been put there by god, regardless if it's cancer or a zygote. Right?
Four related points:

1. We kill cancer cells in self-defense.

2. We put murderers in prison as an act of self-defense.

3. We protect all human life because it is in essence, an act of self-defense.

4. If a pregnancy is life threatening to the mother, then it would be an act of self-defense for the mother to abort the fetus.

I never brought God into the discussion.
LightForce

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
How abortion helped me:
I was able to continue working at my job, was not overwhelmed with expensive hospital costs since I had no insurance, I was able to get an even better job making more money, I was able to get away from a bad relationship, I was able to start my career as a freelance writer and editor...the list just goes on and on.
Thank you to all those who have fought for the pro-choice movement!
What I'm seeing here is "How 'killing my child' helped me". You don't see that? So you were a selfish child who didn't understand what you were doing - get over it now.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
Four related points:
1. We kill cancer cells in self-defense.
2. We put murderers in prison as an act of self-defense.
3. We protect all human life because it is in essence, an act of self-defense.
4. If a pregnancy is life threatening to the mother, then it would be an act of self-defense for the mother to abort the fetus.
I never brought God into the discussion.
1. Cancer isn't always obliterated and some people don't seek treatment for cancer. Voluntarily.
2. We allow murderers to go free.
3. We don't protect all human life. We raise speed limits, we fight back against regulations that would force businesses to cut back on pollution. We value the almighty dollar over human life.
4. If anyone is pregnant and doesn't want to be, that's threatening her life. Whether physically, mentally or emotionally - she has every right to eliminate that threat.

You don't have to bring god into this particular discussion. It's there whether you introduce it or not.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
What I'm seeing here is "How 'killing my child' helped me". You don't see that? So you were a selfish child who didn't understand what you were doing - get over it now.
Well, if I had killed my child, that would be one thing. Casey Anthony was suspected of killing her child. That child existed. My abortion eliminated a early-term fetus from my body, ensuring that I would not have a child. Any nit wit would understand the difference.

Child? No. I was 29 and 33. Thanks for playing.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

ightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they could try it without the blindfolds next time?
“Thou shalt not kill.” What could be any plainer than that?
THERE IS >>>NO<<< COMMANDMENT TO NOT KILL. In fact, killing is encouraged in the Bible.

There is a commandment to not >>MURDER<<, which is entirely different.
ightForce wrote:
Jesus told the Jews that they were hypocrites back then, and apparently they still are now.
Mathew 15:
Irrelevant to the the topic.
ightForce wrote:
There would be no need to differentiate between a prenatal child and a postnatal child except where it is mentioned that God knows them while yet in the womb, or that the child leaped for joy while still in the womb. Things like that. You see, there was no term for a prenatal child, because they were not considered any differently, and therefore no need to have separate laws for them.
Quite lying. You have NOTHING to support that claim. Did the God of the Bible know the prophet Jeremiah while Jerry was still in the womb? Well, if we accept the concept that this God was able to predict events that would not happen for centuries, then I think that it is safe to say that He would have known that Jerry was actually going to live to reach live birth, and not just end up as a bloody wad of goo, slowly drying to dust in the desert heat. One might even be tempted to say that it was preordained that Jerry was going to live...

Beyond that, you need to learn the difference between a translation and the actual "Word of God". Exodus 21:22 uses the Hebrew term that indicates pregnancy, it does NOT say "child", it says <hareh>, not <valad>.
ightForce wrote:
Obviously a pregnant woman was regarded with having special protection by God, and so the special reference there in Exodus 21.
The other verse that you're talking about has nothing to do with the actual worth of the person, but the Temple "taxes" so-to-speak. It was a payoff in exchange for the life of your child. More shenanigans no doubt by the Pharisees
Please TRY to learn something before you post anymore. There were NO Pharisees in the days of Moses. They did not exist until around 165 BCE, rather late in the Second Temple Period. For some actual information on the Pharisees (and not just anti-Jewish propaganda) see here:
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/455...

You owe your whole Jesus myth to the Pharisees: "The Pharisees also maintained that an afterlife existed and that God punished the wicked and rewarded the righteous in the world to come. They also believed in a messiah who would herald an era of world peace."
From here:
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/H...

As far as the tax goes, I am not saying that it defined the value of a human life, but that it clearly proves that a newborn infant had no value - it was just far too likely that the newborn infant was going to die.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>I think there are a whole lot more of us than are being heard these days...sure would like it if we were more vocal and present as a political entity....but I can barely consider myself a Republican anymore.
Sad, really.
And if you were to try and speak out to the Repubs, you would be labeled as a RINO...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

LightForce wrote:
POPULATION CONTROL “MASTER PLAN” REVEALED - IT’S ANTI-CHOICE!
Sadik was secretary general of the 1994 Cairo International Conference on Population and Development. At the conference, she launched an effort to replace the term “population control” with “reproductive rights.” The strategy marked a turning point in the abortion debate, becoming the signature event that propelled the pro-life movement into the UN.
The UN population fund is reviewing data from the 179 countries that signed the Cairo agreement with an eye on compliance. While many at that time thought the world was overpopulated, experts now say the looming threat is from too few people.
Babatunde gave a nod to this problem, then reverted to his agency’s focus of reducing births. Many countries complain about dwindling population and growth, about women not having children, he noted.“But on the other hand, we don’t want to give them what they require to control their bodies and their fertilities.”
MORE SHOCKING TRUTH ABOUT THE ANTI-CHOICE “PRO-CHOICE” MOVEMENT HERE: http://www.lifenews.com/2013/05/02/united-nat...
As a whole, the world IS grossly overpopulated. The majority of countries complaining about dwindling populations are more worried about the racial make-up of the population than about the actual numbers of their population as immigrants continue to move into the country faster than the natives breed.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

LightForce wrote:
IS MURDER JUST BUISINESS AS USUAL FOR PRO-CHOICERS?
Gosnell’s clinic was not illegal. It was a licensed medical facility.
Gosnell was able to rake in the money for the simple reason that fetus worshipers made abortions illegal after a completely arbitrary time limit. Some of the women that went to Gosnell did not even KNOW that they were pregnant until after it was too late to get a legal abortion. Chalk one up to the a-holes and idiots that fight to keep decent sex-ed out of the schools.

“Still not convinced”

Since: Jan 12

Santa Iria De Azoia, Portugal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>If god allows you to become riddled with living cancer cells, how is it your choice to kill them?
Humans have been busily remedying unwanted medical conditions for thousands of years.
\|

you compare a foetus to cancer cells?!

“Still not convinced”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Cancer isn't always obliterated and some people don't seek treatment for cancer. Voluntarily.
2. We allow murderers to go free.
3. We don't protect all human life. We raise speed limits, we fight back against regulations that would force businesses to cut back on pollution. We value the almighty dollar over human life.
4. If anyone is pregnant and doesn't want to be, that's threatening her life. Whether physically, mentally or emotionally - she has every right to eliminate that threat.
You don't have to bring god into this particular discussion. It's there whether you introduce it or not.
how is it the foetus/baby's fault if your contraception failed, or if you chose to have unprotected sex. I'm talking about your situation. What did that harmless foetus do to you that you had to eliminate(wow, such a loaded word) it? The availability of 'options' for you, does not make what you did right, no matter how you try to convince yourself. No matter how you fell pregnant, it's not the fault of the foetus/baby. Why didn't you kill yourself instead...since being pregnant was your problem? Or why didn't you kill the father...since he was abusive to you? You sacrificed your baby at the alter of your right to kill/your choice/your mistake.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
You're either against abortion after about 4 weeks when the fetus can no longer be confused with just a "wad of goo", or you're just simply contradicting what you are saying and discrediting yourself by doing it.
I'll tell you when I'm against abortion. When the pregnant woman DOES NOT WANT ONE. I'm completely against a woman being forced to abort, just as I'm against one being forced to gestate an unwanted pregnancy.
Not your body, none of your business.
Wads of goo have no rights, no thoughts, no guarantee they'll develop whether they're wanted or not. The living, breathing woman who is pregnant is the one who has the decision as to whether or not SHE is willing to risk her life and health ATTEMPTING to bring a conception to term.
And you? You aren't even in the game are you? As I recall, you're male, meaning it will never EVER be your decision or any of your business.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't a child, it was a wad of goo. A shame you can't grasp that simple FACT.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Kullid wrote:
<quoted text>
how is it the foetus/baby's fault if your contraception failed, or if you chose to have unprotected sex. I'm talking about your situation. What did that harmless foetus do to you that you had to eliminate(wow, such a loaded word) it? The availability of 'options' for you, does not make what you did right, no matter how you try to convince yourself. No matter how you fell pregnant, it's not the fault of the foetus/baby. Why didn't you kill yourself instead...since being pregnant was your problem? Or why didn't you kill the father...since he was abusive to you? You sacrificed your baby at the alter of your right to kill/your choice/your mistake.
Whether or not it is the fault of the fetus is irrelevant. If the woman does not want to be pregnant, it is her right to terminate the pregnancy.

“Still not convinced”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether or not it is the fault of the fetus is irrelevant. If the woman does not want to be pregnant, it is her right to terminate the pregnancy.
oh no its very relevant. the foetus suffers for the parents decisions. She may have a right to do it as per the law, but that does not make it right. Everyone gets off scot free except the baby...poor thing

“Still not convinced”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>It wasn't a child, it was a wad of goo. A shame you can't grasp that simple FACT.
wad of goo...a word to make you feel better. tsk tsk

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Kullid wrote:
<quoted text>
oh no its very relevant. the foetus suffers for the parents decisions. She may have a right to do it as per the law, but that does not make it right. Everyone gets off scot free except the baby...poor thing
But we are talking about abortion, no babies involved.

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Kullid wrote:
<quoted text>
I admit I do not agree with vanity abortions. like those whose parents expect the gal to get a abortion to save the parents' repuations because the gal was single and either did pre-marital/adulterous sex
but I do have on the stand of agreeing with abortions that endanger the mother's life. what is called medical abortions. where it would be better off to save the mother's life. and give her a chance later on to have a safer pregnancy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••