Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>
No one's argument has been destroyed/discredited except the people who use "god" as the basis of their argument.
No woman should ever be forced to remain pregnant and give birth against her will.
That is the crux of our argument. And it has not been destroyed or discredited.
Why? Because a woman has more worth than simply the contents o her uterus. Because it's RIGHT. Because she's a human being, not a brood mare. Because birth control fails. Because it's LAW. A woman has autonomy over her body. And if a state such as South Dakota makes abortion illegal, then they simply travel to North Dakota or to Minnesota, or to Iowa.
No woman will EVER be forced to remain pregnant again in the USA. Ever.
You, who find a fetus more valuable than than the sentient human being carrying it, are anti-lifers. You are fetus-worshippers. You care about that fetus, UNTIL it's born. Then you turn your attention to anther woman's uterus, totally disregarding what may be right for her, and focus ONLY on the fetus. You don't think about how it's going to be raised, or will it be loved, fed, and nurtured. Only that it's BORN. Once it's born, you lose interest.
You are the most anti-life group on this planet.
Exactly.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Hightstown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for proving my point.
Point and match. You got her. She has not yet once provided any evidence of anything. Just a yapper with nothing to say.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
You’re just sounding like all of the other anti-lifers on here. Because of the fact that all of your arguments have been soundly destroyed/discredited, you simply dismiss the argument, and/or engage in profane/obscene/outraged discourse in a futile attempt to intimidate the pro-lifers.
Mmmm...no, none of my arguments have been destroyed or discredited. Not one. I'm not dismissing the argument - in fact - there is no argument. Abortion is a right. I'm also not seeking to intimidate you. The only people who need to intimidate are those who are threatened themselves. I'm not worried about the legality of abortion. I'm thankful that it remains a legal and safe option for women in this country.

“Becoming a better me!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mmmm...no, none of my arguments have been destroyed or discredited. Not one. I'm not dismissing the argument - in fact - there is no argument. Abortion is a right. I'm also not seeking to intimidate you. The only people who need to intimidate are those who are threatened themselves. I'm not worried about the legality of abortion. I'm thankful that it remains a legal and safe option for women in this country.
Many of the "pro-lifers" attempt to intimidate with comments like "god'll get you" or similar religious references.
phleb 1

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Many pro-lifers attempt to intimidate? Lmao! Keep telling yourself that mamsan. Your filthy conscience is getting the best of you.
Village

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

It is never right to kill an unborn baby. It's not the babies fault. If god allows a women to become pregnant then how is it the women's choice to kill it. It's not.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Village wrote:
It is never right to kill an unborn baby. It's not the babies fault. If god allows a women to become pregnant then how is it the women's choice to kill it. It's not.
We're discussing early term abortions for the most part. Wads of goo are removed, not babies.
Besides, if you're too stupid and uneducated to know that, or to know that the possessive of baby is baby's, then you're far too ignorant to be telling ANYONE what medical decisions they should make.
Not YOUR uterus? Not your pregnancy? NONE of your business. Don't like it? Too bad, so sad for you.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Village wrote:
I guess god allows women to be raped, too?

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Village wrote:
It is never right to kill an unborn baby. It's not the babies' fault. If god allows a women to become pregnant then how is it the women's choice to kill it. It's not.
If god allows you to become riddled with living cancer cells, how is it your choice to kill them?

Humans have been busily remedying unwanted medical conditions for thousands of years.
LightForce

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>
No one's argument has been destroyed/discredited except the people who use "god" as the basis of their argument.
No woman should ever be forced to remain pregnant and give birth against her will.
That is the crux of our argument. And it has not been destroyed or discredited.
Why? Because a woman has more worth than simply the contents o her uterus. Because it's RIGHT. Because she's a human being, not a brood mare. Because birth control fails. Because it's LAW. A woman has autonomy over her body. And if a state such as South Dakota makes abortion illegal, then they simply travel to North Dakota or to Minnesota, or to Iowa.
No woman will EVER be forced to remain pregnant again in the USA. Ever.
You, who find a fetus more valuable than than the sentient human being carrying it, are anti-lifers. You are fetus-worshippers. You care about that fetus, UNTIL it's born. Then you turn your attention to anther woman's uterus, totally disregarding what may be right for her, and focus ONLY on the fetus. You don't think about how it's going to be raised, or will it be loved, fed, and nurtured. Only that it's BORN. Once it's born, you lose interest.
You are the most anti-life group on this planet.
Although your opinion makes about as much logic as rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic does and is completely wrong on so many levels, it’s still relatively refreshing to see something other than just personal attacks on another individual.

Your views are actually “pro-parent’s-right-to-kill-th eir-child”– let’s be honest here. And selfish motives for killing another individual are not a valid argument in a “just” society. The fact that someone may spoil your vacation plans is not good enough reason to kill them either.

However this Nazi idealism got to be this far ingrained into our society’s customs, it is important that we do everything now that we can to try and reverse it.
LightForce

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>If god allows you to become riddled with living cancer cells, how is it your choice to kill them?
Humans have been busily remedying unwanted medical conditions for thousands of years.
Do cancer cells become adult human beings? Ignorant.
LightForce

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>We're discussing early term abortions for the most part. Wads of goo are removed, not babies.
Besides, if you're too stupid and uneducated to know that, or to know that the possessive of baby is baby's, then you're far too ignorant to be telling ANYONE what medical decisions they should make.
Not YOUR uterus? Not your pregnancy? NONE of your business. Don't like it? Too bad, so sad for you.
You're either against abortion after about 4 weeks when the fetus can no longer be confused with just a "wad of goo", or you're just simply contradicting what you are saying and discrediting yourself by doing it.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
Do cancer cells become adult human beings? Ignorant.
Life is life, right? Who are we to judge what constitutes life, right? I mean, any life that arises within the human body must've been put there by god, regardless if it's cancer or a zygote. Right?
LightForce

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

HOW “PRO-CHOICE AFFECTED THE LIVES OF TWO PEOPLE

The clinic worker took one look at the moving baby and told Angele that she would get her supervisor. But the minutes ticked by, and no one came. It became clear to Angele that Violene was not going to summon help. She grabbed her phone and quickly dialed her friend, pleading with her to call 911 and send paramedics to save her baby.

Angele continued to be left alone with her son, who she said reacted to her voice. All she could do was try and comfort him:

“I stayed beside Rowan talking to him, telling him how strong he was being and how proud I was of him. I told him God must really want us to be together for him to make it through everything he had just been through and that Mommy was so sorry but so happy to have a chance to love him. I told him he was a strong little miracle and that I couldn’t wait for him to meet his brother and sister. I just kept touching him, trying to warm him with my hands and talking to him so he would not feel any more afraid than he already must.”

FOR THE REST OF THIS “PRO-CHOICE STORY: http://www.lifenews.com/2013/05/07/mom-scream...

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

LightForce wrote:
HOW “PRO-CHOICE AFFECTED THE LIVES OF TWO PEOPLE
The clinic worker took one look at the moving baby and told Angele that she would get her supervisor. But the minutes ticked by, and no one came. It became clear to Angele that Violene was not going to summon help. She grabbed her phone and quickly dialed her friend, pleading with her to call 911 and send paramedics to save her baby.
Angele continued to be left alone with her son, who she said reacted to her voice. All she could do was try and comfort him:
“I stayed beside Rowan talking to him, telling him how strong he was being and how proud I was of him. I told him God must really want us to be together for him to make it through everything he had just been through and that Mommy was so sorry but so happy to have a chance to love him. I told him he was a strong little miracle and that I couldn’t wait for him to meet his brother and sister. I just kept touching him, trying to warm him with my hands and talking to him so he would not feel any more afraid than he already must.”
FOR THE REST OF THIS “PRO-CHOICE STORY: http://www.lifenews.com/2013/05/07/mom-scream...
How abortion helped me:

I was able to continue working at my job, was not overwhelmed with expensive hospital costs since I had no insurance, I was able to get an even better job making more money, I was able to get away from a bad relationship, I was able to start my career as a freelance writer and editor...the list just goes on and on.

Thank you to all those who have fought for the pro-choice movement!
LightForce

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Life is life, right? Who are we to judge what constitutes life, right? I mean, any life that arises within the human body must've been put there by god, regardless if it's cancer or a zygote. Right?
Four related points:

1. We kill cancer cells in self-defense.

2. We put murderers in prison as an act of self-defense.

3. We protect all human life because it is in essence, an act of self-defense.

4. If a pregnancy is life threatening to the mother, then it would be an act of self-defense for the mother to abort the fetus.

I never brought God into the discussion.
LightForce

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
How abortion helped me:
I was able to continue working at my job, was not overwhelmed with expensive hospital costs since I had no insurance, I was able to get an even better job making more money, I was able to get away from a bad relationship, I was able to start my career as a freelance writer and editor...the list just goes on and on.
Thank you to all those who have fought for the pro-choice movement!
What I'm seeing here is "How 'killing my child' helped me". You don't see that? So you were a selfish child who didn't understand what you were doing - get over it now.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
Four related points:
1. We kill cancer cells in self-defense.
2. We put murderers in prison as an act of self-defense.
3. We protect all human life because it is in essence, an act of self-defense.
4. If a pregnancy is life threatening to the mother, then it would be an act of self-defense for the mother to abort the fetus.
I never brought God into the discussion.
1. Cancer isn't always obliterated and some people don't seek treatment for cancer. Voluntarily.
2. We allow murderers to go free.
3. We don't protect all human life. We raise speed limits, we fight back against regulations that would force businesses to cut back on pollution. We value the almighty dollar over human life.
4. If anyone is pregnant and doesn't want to be, that's threatening her life. Whether physically, mentally or emotionally - she has every right to eliminate that threat.

You don't have to bring god into this particular discussion. It's there whether you introduce it or not.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
What I'm seeing here is "How 'killing my child' helped me". You don't see that? So you were a selfish child who didn't understand what you were doing - get over it now.
Well, if I had killed my child, that would be one thing. Casey Anthony was suspected of killing her child. That child existed. My abortion eliminated a early-term fetus from my body, ensuring that I would not have a child. Any nit wit would understand the difference.

Child? No. I was 29 and 33. Thanks for playing.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

ightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they could try it without the blindfolds next time?
“Thou shalt not kill.” What could be any plainer than that?
THERE IS >>>NO<<< COMMANDMENT TO NOT KILL. In fact, killing is encouraged in the Bible.

There is a commandment to not >>MURDER<<, which is entirely different.
ightForce wrote:
Jesus told the Jews that they were hypocrites back then, and apparently they still are now.
Mathew 15:
Irrelevant to the the topic.
ightForce wrote:
There would be no need to differentiate between a prenatal child and a postnatal child except where it is mentioned that God knows them while yet in the womb, or that the child leaped for joy while still in the womb. Things like that. You see, there was no term for a prenatal child, because they were not considered any differently, and therefore no need to have separate laws for them.
Quite lying. You have NOTHING to support that claim. Did the God of the Bible know the prophet Jeremiah while Jerry was still in the womb? Well, if we accept the concept that this God was able to predict events that would not happen for centuries, then I think that it is safe to say that He would have known that Jerry was actually going to live to reach live birth, and not just end up as a bloody wad of goo, slowly drying to dust in the desert heat. One might even be tempted to say that it was preordained that Jerry was going to live...

Beyond that, you need to learn the difference between a translation and the actual "Word of God". Exodus 21:22 uses the Hebrew term that indicates pregnancy, it does NOT say "child", it says <hareh>, not <valad>.
ightForce wrote:
Obviously a pregnant woman was regarded with having special protection by God, and so the special reference there in Exodus 21.
The other verse that you're talking about has nothing to do with the actual worth of the person, but the Temple "taxes" so-to-speak. It was a payoff in exchange for the life of your child. More shenanigans no doubt by the Pharisees
Please TRY to learn something before you post anymore. There were NO Pharisees in the days of Moses. They did not exist until around 165 BCE, rather late in the Second Temple Period. For some actual information on the Pharisees (and not just anti-Jewish propaganda) see here:
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/455...

You owe your whole Jesus myth to the Pharisees: "The Pharisees also maintained that an afterlife existed and that God punished the wicked and rewarded the righteous in the world to come. They also believed in a messiah who would herald an era of world peace."
From here:
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/H...

As far as the tax goes, I am not saying that it defined the value of a human life, but that it clearly proves that a newborn infant had no value - it was just far too likely that the newborn infant was going to die.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 219,181 - 219,200 of221,373
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

568 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min June VanDerMark 532,366
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min scaritual 720,033
wierd situation with my mom. 5 min michael94525 5
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 6 min RATTYslayer 114,959
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 min Strength and Honor 172,234
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 12 min Hatti_Hollerand 53,158
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 29 min bacon hater 93,656
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 37 min John 53
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 39 min Dr_Zorderz 256,372
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••