1. Cancer isn't always obliterated and some people don't seek treatment for cancer. Voluntarily.<quoted text>
Four related points:
1. We kill cancer cells in self-defense.
2. We put murderers in prison as an act of self-defense.
3. We protect all human life because it is in essence, an act of self-defense.
4. If a pregnancy is life threatening to the mother, then it would be an act of self-defense for the mother to abort the fetus.
I never brought God into the discussion.
2. We allow murderers to go free.
3. We don't protect all human life. We raise speed limits, we fight back against regulations that would force businesses to cut back on pollution. We value the almighty dollar over human life.
4. If anyone is pregnant and doesn't want to be, that's threatening her life. Whether physically, mentally or emotionally - she has every right to eliminate that threat.
You don't have to bring god into this particular discussion. It's there whether you introduce it or not.