Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Mo explanation necessary, dear.
Those 'children' never knew they 'have been', because "Gawd" planned their demise through abortion, or it wouldn't have been possible.
God's plan doesn't always work the way YOU think it should.
sorry 'bout yer luck.........but not very.
Why are you bringing God into it now? Is this a silly last gasp attempt at diverting the discussion? The inevitable "red herring"? Sorry, but you'll have to come up with something a little less obvious. Jolly good try though.

Fact: 100% of born people die.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

It's not when you consider that the aborted person could have grown up to want to have never been born, or like a person like hitler, a pedophile or one of the other people in this world that are just hated and treated like shit by everyone. Life's not all flowers, there are already enough people in the world so my opinion on abortion, who cares

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. I'll add another reason; that too many women are still being PRESSURED to have children by family, religious community, or both, and these girls/women purposely are NOT told exactly how HARD motherhood is until AFTER a baby arrives, when it is too late to decide not to have children.
I think girls/women who aren't pregnant yet need to know the hard facts about motherhood NOW, long before a pregnancy happens. If some women decide NOT to have children after learning more facts about it, that's fine too. Not every woman is suited to be a mother, and the choice to be childfree is just valid and responsible as the decision to be a mother. A woman can't abuse what she doesn't have.
plus, there are 'glass ceilings' in life for many gals. their own families will NOT consider them full adults until they pass the 4th one. as well as some folks in society will do as well.
1st one menses
2nd one dating
3rd one marriage
4th one pregnancy then motherhood
5th one grandmother
many women set upon themselves the 5th one. meaning they have just pressured their offspring to do the first three to four, depending on the offspring's gender. and the cycle continues thru each generation.
I've personally seen it happen. plus, while at a job once. some female bible thumper asked me if I was a mom, I said "no". she then asked me if I was married.same response. I was then asked "what is wrong with you?" I was only 22 at the time.
as well as the attempt to feel guilty by my dad, brother, sister in law shortly after me getting rid of my first husband to the Feds. they were getting down on me for not providing my brother with a blood niece or nephew. that I was being selfish in being childless.
http://thebritgirl.com/2006/11/19/childfree-w... If youíre from a patrilineal family (Western Christian tradition generally) where the family name is passed on through the son, then the pressure will be on the son to have children. The pressure on women to have children is always there, regardless.
http://www.conceiveonline.com/articles/pressu... For some families, itís a matter of culture:ďThere are cultural backgrounds where itís assumed that parents have a right to continue to influence their childrenís families as much as they want,Ē says Deborah Tannen, professor of linguistics at Georgetown University and author of the forthcoming You Were Always Momís Favorite: Sisters in Conversation Throughout Their Lives (Random House, 2009). Parents may also view a lack of grandchildren as a sign of failure or rejection, Tannen says.
http://www.samefacts.com/2012/05/personal-mom... When kids grow up, their parents often start pressuring them to get married (or de-facto married or whatever equivalent is on offer) and have kids. Those who donít pressure, almost always hint. If the adult children donít feel like marrying, their parents are willing to give ground. The son- or daughter-in-law is optional. The grandkids arenít.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, it must have been difficult for you to lose those children(wads of goo), but it seems that you're trying to legitimize killing millions of more children, as opposed to being able to reconcile with the fact.
They aren't children. I am against the unlawful killing of living breathing human beings.
You, on the other hand, don't give a fig about them once they're born, you only care about forcing women to gestate whether they want to or not.
Ignorant pile of waste, just like lippy. You two should be together.

“Becoming a better me!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Life is Precious wrote:
<quoted text>I guess ,but I don't think the prolifers have ever said that mothers regret having children.Honestly I feel sorry for this womans children,growing up knowing they were never wanted.
Do you those those are the only children who have grown up knowing they weren't wanted?

There are THOUSANDS, if not HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of children who weren't wanted.

Yet, they were born because their mothers thought they MUST bring the pregnancy to fruition. Or thought she would "learn" to love them, once they were born.

This bears out what we have said many times. Parenthood is a lifetime commitment, not just a nine month one.

If you know you cannot be the mother the child deserves, and know you cannot give the child up for adoption, then abortion is the responsible choice.

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

I know one family. the husband and wife kept having daughters. thing is, the husband kept getting the wife pregnant in the hopes of a son. until their fifth child. which was a boy.
if that father had not died from cancer. and had seen that the son has remained single and childless even into his late 40s. the dad I bet, would be very unhappy. since the father spent so much time trying to get that son to carry on the family name.
the son refuses to get married while mom is living at home with him. and his mom refuses to move out until the son is married. it has been a stalemate for about fifteen years now for those two.
and she wants grandkids by him. but she can not understand why he wont get married. even after it was pointed out that he refuses to get married til she is living at one of his sisters' home.

“Becoming a better me!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Life is Precious wrote:
<quoted text>She has every right not to be a mother.I just said I feel sorry for her children.
By the way go to hell!!
And here we have yet another example of that christian "love."

Is it any wonder that so many refuse to believe in it?
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

QuickDraw 1 wrote:
LOL.....you ignorant imbeciles love to spew garbage about religion and one's faith. I really pity you little people. I love the fact how most of you think people of faith who preach God's Word do not read the bible. Your excuses couldn't be more lame or pathetic. You are to me nothing more than a broken record with no wisdom or intelligence whatsoever. You idiots couldn't come back with a retort if it'd save your sorry asses. I'll preach about God and my faith all I want whether you like it or not. Read it an weep for all I care. When I see your pathetic retorts, I know I have touched a nerve and got a rise out of you. Nothing like sweet gratification. Go ahead, get your panties in a bunch and call me names, make fun of my faith. Mock our God, and you are a mockery of the devil's waste.
Have a nice day you murdering bitches.
I do think you forget that the Bible's official position on abortion itself is extremely ambiguous and that infanticide and abortion were not uncommon during the times of the Old and New Testaments. Anti abortion positions are put forth by religious institutions who make interpretations based on the texts, with a lot of variation in between any position.
What I dislike about Gentiles like you is that you lean heavily on Tanakh statements (Exodus, Genesis, Leviticus, etc) for your rants against abortion and whatnot and yet still have the gall to postulate that as Christians you are under no obligation to follow Jewish law.
It's also incredibly offensive to dismiss the opinions of non Christians and others who don't follow your faith; that is a position born of utmost ignorance and hate, an insidious form of misguided, anti intellectualist feelings of superiority, not to mention how you do a disservice to your religion itself -- people like you are the reasonn why their perception of Christianity is one of extreme bigots.

If you've nothing better to contribute except your vitriol then please run back to your handlers at the Westboro Baptist Church!
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>
And here we have yet another example of that christian "love."
Is it any wonder that so many refuse to believe in it?
Maybe because they're so unsatisfied in their faith that they wish to transmit their hate and disappointment to others?

It's very spiritually unhealthy to be religious simply out of fear of spiritual repercussions -- a most loathsome form of hypocrisy-- as opposed to being religious out of a confidence in one's situation and ability to explore and learn about the faith.

This is why "God fearing people" are among the most spiritually and emotionally contemptible of peoples; they are disservice to worldwide faith as well as emotional and psychological health.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Martins Ferry, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story...

"According to this lawsuit, Amber Graves, a young mother of three, visited her doctor, Dr. Fan Wang, to obtain birth control in early 2011. Instead, it says she learned he performed a tubal ligation after the birth without her informed consent, and it sterilized her. Graves is suing both Dr. Wang and the Memorial Hermann Hospital System alleging negligence. The lawsuit adds that during her follow-up visit, he told her there was no need for birth control because she already had three children by one man and that was enough."

Wow...
gurdad

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

youtube.com/watch... ÖÖ
Hello and just sex,,sex is the problem with abortion

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you those those are the only children who have grown up knowing they weren't wanted?
There are THOUSANDS, if not HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of children who weren't wanted.
Yet, they were born because their mothers thought they MUST bring the pregnancy to fruition. Or thought she would "learn" to love them, once they were born.
This bears out what we have said many times. Parenthood is a lifetime commitment, not just a nine month one.
If you know you cannot be the mother the child deserves, and know you cannot give the child up for adoption, then abortion is the responsible choice.
Of course I don't think they are the only children who have grown up knowing they weren't wanted.And I know parenthood is a lifetime commitment. A commitment thousands of parents are willing to take on. It's called responsibility.
And abortion is NEVER a responsible choice. It's a selfish choice and cowardly. IMO You have said in the past abortion is the most loving thing a mother can do. What is loving about killing your child?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>It's your hell. Burn in it yourself, hag.
OOH I am so scared........NOT!!!!!
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Life is Precious wrote:
I guess, but I don't think the prolifers have ever said that mothers regret having children.Honestly I feel sorry for this womans children,growing up knowing they were never wanted.
The anti-choice MYTH is: "mothers never regret having their children," and yes, it was stated by some other anti-choice imbecile some time ago, about a year or more. Just because YOU didn't say it (you say plenty of other idiotic things) doesn't mean it wasn't there.

As the message I posted from the mother (one among many) who DID regret having her children clearly indicated, that claim is so NOT TRUE.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
The anti-choice MYTH is: "mothers never regret having their children," and yes, it was stated by some other anti-choice imbecile some time ago, about a year or more. Just because YOU didn't say it (you say plenty of other idiotic things) doesn't mean it wasn't there.
As the message I posted from the mother (one among many) who DID regret having her children clearly indicated, that claim is so NOT TRUE.
And I said that. How about you put in some positive stories about mothers who maybe did regret having their children but after they were born were so relieved they didn't kill that baby in the womb?
Of course you won't do that because you just think abortion is so peachy.
You also say idiotic things. But for the most part you are so easy to ignore.
For the most part you basically are just trash like mamasan.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Life is Precious wrote:
<quoted text>OOH I am so scared........NOT!!!!!
Back the truck up....you BELIEVE in hell, but you're not afraid of it, and I DON'T believe in hell, but I'm supposed to be terrified of the place???

That makes a ton of sense there, Lip.

NOT!!!!

“Becoming a better me!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Life is Precious wrote:
<quoted text>Of course I don't think they are the only children who have grown up knowing they weren't wanted.And I know parenthood is a lifetime commitment. A commitment thousands of parents are willing to take on. It's called responsibility.
And abortion is NEVER a responsible choice. It's a selfish choice and cowardly. IMO You have said in the past abortion is the most loving thing a mother can do. What is loving about killing your child?
Don't quote me out of context. It makes you a liar.

I state, that MY abortion was the most loving thing I could do for the child. MINE.

SO it's better to bring children into the world that are not wanted and will not be loved?

THAT'S a responsible choice?

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

for those who think that the glass ceiling is not true for women. you mean you folks did not experience it? or do it to your own kids? or even to your own friends in telling them on their wedding day now it is time to have those kids.
that is rare if you did not go thru it yourself. as well as did not see someone else experience it either.
even Prince William's wife Kate is having to deal with the glass ceilings. with everyone waiting for her to produce the next generation of heirs.
once you look to our records of child mortality throughout history. and it used to be very high in civilized areas. it explains why, not only do we have those glass ceilings in place. but why as well.
as well as why it is very hard for many folks to accept abortions. even when they are for a medical reason.
because it is for some, even if they do not realize it. removes that glass ceiling from the woman. and to a point, society depends on those glass ceilings to keep it from falling apart on how society views families.
before marking this post as a negative. sit back and think about your past if you did or did not experience what I have been talking about. then compose a post on why you think why I am wrong on it. then post it.

“Becoming a better me!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Life is Precious wrote:
<quoted text>And I said that. How about you put in some positive stories about mothers who maybe did regret having their children but after they were born were so relieved they didn't kill that baby in the womb?
Of course you won't do that because you just think abortion is so peachy.
You also say idiotic things. But for the most part you are so easy to ignore.
For the most part you basically are just trash like mamasan.
There are mothers who didn't want to be pregnant but ended up loving their children.

No one denies that.

BUT! that doesn't help the ones who are resented their whole life.

You can't take all the good in the world and use it to blind yourself to what is NOT good.

There are unwanted children in this world. Children waiting for their forever home. Hundreds of thousands of them.

A million children being born today to parents who desperately want them does NOT change that fact.

So let's STOP having children who won't be loved. Isn't that the logical action?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>
There are mothers who didn't want to be pregnant but ended up loving their children.
No one denies that.
BUT! that doesn't help the ones who are resented their whole life.
You can't take all the good in the world and use it to blind yourself to what is NOT good.
There are unwanted children in this world. Children waiting for their forever home. Hundreds of thousands of them.
A million children being born today to parents who desperately want them does NOT change that fact.
So let's STOP having children who won't be loved. Isn't that the logical action?
I know I can't take all the good in the world. I am not blinded to the children who aren't wanted but I do know there are many children despite what their parents felt who still get through life just fine. maybe they are stronger for it. Who knows? Having children who won't be loved is not the answer. Many parents who have children think they don't want them but something kicks in with them and they are so appreciative that they had them.You can justify all you want that you killed your baby in the womb,life changes daily and you will never know what you could have given your child. But hey you have to live with that. Myself,I am so glad I gave my children life,was it always easy? Hell no but I don't regret one minute with them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

427 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min I LOVE TORTURING ATHEISTS 720,613
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 min Patrick 224,099
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min marge 532,621
Last Word + 2 9 min Richies Cool Man Diary 36
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 min passing by 256,449
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 13 min shyam 4,580
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 22 min Strength and Honor 172,337
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 11 hr Helga 72
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••