“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Hightstown, NJ

#229698 Apr 26, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
So you would discard a truth because of its origin? We shouldn’t hear from all sides, and then make a decision based on all of the facts?
I forgot, you’re that one that believes morality is subjective.
If morality is subjective why would we need any laws in the first place? We can all just make our own laws. That means you disagree even with the premise of your own argument here because nobody has any right to tell you what to do anyways, whether religious or political in origin.
Regardless of what anybody else thinks, it’s only “your truth” that matters – right? I wonder if it matters to you if somebody else gets hurt because of your subjective morality. Of course even that wouldn’t be anybody else’s business, would it?
Religion isn't truth. Morality IS subjective. Anyone who has studies cultures from all over the world would know this. Our society and culture dictates what is right and wrong. We adhere to societal norms. Again, religion has nothing to do with those norms.
LightForce

Warren, MI

#229699 Apr 26, 2013
Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
they want to make as much of a profit as possible. and water costs money......
I guess even murderers have to cut corners nowadays. It's tough for everyone.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#229700 Apr 26, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
So you would discard a truth because of its origin? We shouldn’t hear from all sides, and then make a decision based on all of the facts?
What facts? The Bible is completely subjective, as it's comprised solely of opinions...the opinions of goatherds, dead two thousand years, to be exact.

Your side only believes what it wants to. Just like everyone else.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#229701 Apr 26, 2013
susanblange wrote:
If there wasn't so much sexual depravity in this world there wouldn't be any need for abortion. If women weren't having premarital sex, and committing adultery they wouldn't be getting pregnant. Also if men did not rape and commit incest there wouldn't be a problem either. God is pro choice but she doesn't like abortion. In a perfect world, there won't be any more abortion.
Your post is a complete pile of trash and only shows you know NOTHING about the subject of worth.
Ignorant troll.

“Respect others and yourself...”

Since: Jan 08

Honolulu, HI (yes-be jealous!)

#229702 Apr 26, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion isn't truth. Morality IS subjective. Anyone who has studies cultures from all over the world would know this. Our society and culture dictates what is right and wrong. We adhere to societal norms. Again, religion has nothing to do with those norms.
Also, if we were to start making political decisions based on religion and what that religion holds true, wouldn't we also have to have only ONE religion in Congress in order to not discriminate against any one religion's beliefs? We as a country couldn't go solely by the Christian faith. Our current numbers in Congress based on religious affiliation include Buddhists and Muslims and Hindus.... Our Congress already has a hard enough time making decisions not based on religion.....

Religion
• Statistics gathered by the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life, report that 98 percent of the Members of the 113th Congress cite a specific religious affiliation, with the vast majority being Christian.

Other findings by Pew:

• 56% of the members (247 in the House, 52 in the Senate) are Protestant, with Baptist as the most represented denomination.

• 31% of the members (136 in the House, 27 in the Senate) are Catholic.

• 6.2% of the members (22 in the House, 11 in the Senate) are Jewish.

• 2.8% of the members (8 in the House, 7 in the Senate) are Mormon (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints).

• 3 Members (2 in the House, 1 in the Senate) are Buddhist, 2 House members are Muslim, and 1 House Member is Hindu.

• Other religious affiliations represented include Greek Orthodox, Quaker, Unitarian Universalist, Christian Science Unitarian Universalist, and Christian Science.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bill-lucey/113t...

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#229703 Apr 26, 2013
susanblange wrote:
If there wasn't so much sexual depravity in this world there wouldn't be any need for abortion. If women weren't having premarital sex, and committing adultery they wouldn't be getting pregnant. Also if men did not rape and commit incest there wouldn't be a problem either. God is pro choice but she doesn't like abortion. In a perfect world, there won't be any more abortion.
Even married couples may not want or may not be able to take proper care of a baby, but there is no rational for denying them sex. And even when the couple is having sex with the intention of having children, there can still be medical issues that make abortion the best option.

Then too, there is nothing "depraved" about a healthy adult (married or not) having sex. If anything, what IS depraved is your thinking that you have any sort of right to tell them top not have sex.

#229704 Apr 26, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
Until we can locate the “soul”, there will never be a basis for its consideration in our personal rights. So your answer to #1 is debunked there. In the second question you are again basing your answer on the point at which the invisible soul enters the body, at which point it now becomes a child in your opinion. I’m not going to say crazy, but I will point out that it isn’t enough proof to condemn someone.
Logic – Is a 32-week-old pre-natal human being less of a child than a 24-week-old post-natal human being.
This bit of common sense of course nullifies the rest of your argument.
A 32 week fetus is not a human being at all. Zero is obviously less that 24.

Can the soul be proven? Not yet, not in any objective, scientific way. So?

#229705 Apr 26, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Not being a 'pro-life' hypocrite, I happily crush ants daily.
Spraying them with vegetable oil works too... but it's slower, and not as physically satisfying.
:)
Doesn't that leave an oily mess? And won't that just bring more ants?

“Calling Out The Hermits”

Since: Apr 13

At Ricky Dicky land

#229706 Apr 26, 2013
LOL.....you ignorant imbeciles love to spew garbage about religion and one's faith. I really pity you little people. I love the fact how most of you think people of faith who preach God's Word do not read the bible. Your excuses couldn't be more lame or pathetic. You are to me nothing more than a broken record with no wisdom or intelligence whatsoever. You idiots couldn't come back with a retort if it'd save your sorry asses. I'll preach about God and my faith all I want whether you like it or not. Read it an weep for all I care. When I see your pathetic retorts, I know I have touched a nerve and got a rise out of you. Nothing like sweet gratification. Go ahead, get your panties in a bunch and call me names, make fun of my faith. Mock our God, and you are a mockery of the devil's waste.
Have a nice day you murdering bitches.

At Ricky Dicky land

#229707 Apr 26, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Liam, I just love your hypocritical quote of "No Jesus no peace." LOL....I believe the saying on your headstone will say, "here lies the epitome of hypocrisy". Just a thought.

At Ricky Dicky land

#229708 Apr 26, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>What facts? The Bible is completely subjective, as it's comprised solely of opinions...the opinions of goatherds, dead two thousand years, to be exact.
Your side only believes what it wants to. Just like everyone else.
The bible is the Word of God. Only those who have faith can understand that. Then again, you cannot seem to grasp, conceive or comprehend anything except a smug attitude of ignorance from the few tiny brain cells you acquire in that little head of yours.

#229709 Apr 26, 2013
QuickDraw 1 wrote:
LOL.....you ignorant imbeciles love to spew garbage about religion and one's faith. I really pity you little people. I love the fact how most of you think people of faith who preach God's Word do not read the bible. Your excuses couldn't be more lame or pathetic. You are to me nothing more than a broken record with no wisdom or intelligence whatsoever. You idiots couldn't come back with a retort if it'd save your sorry asses. I'll preach about God and my faith all I want whether you like it or not. Read it an weep for all I care. When I see your pathetic retorts, I know I have touched a nerve and got a rise out of you. Nothing like sweet gratification. Go ahead, get your panties in a bunch and call me names, make fun of my faith. Mock our God, and you are a mockery of the devil's waste.
Well, it IS generally a safe assumption. After all, if christians actually knew anything about what the Bible really says, they would not be christians. The Bible proves that Jesus is a false god.

#229710 Apr 26, 2013
QuickDraw 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Liam, I just love your hypocritical quote of "No Jesus no peace." LOL....I believe the saying on your headstone will say, "here lies the epitome of hypocrisy". Just a thought.
It would be more accurate to say "No Allah, no Jesus, know peace", since the monotheisms are the death of peace. But hypocrisy? I think that you need to look up the meaning of that word.

At Ricky Dicky land

#229711 Apr 26, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL....yeah okay koolaid drinker. So in other words, if someone dictates for you to jump off a bridge, will you?

At Ricky Dicky land

#229713 Apr 26, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be more accurate to say "No Allah, no Jesus, know peace", since the monotheisms are the death of peace. But hypocrisy? I think that you need to look up the meaning of that word.
LOL.....no, just looking at your posts gives the meaning of the word.

At Ricky Dicky land

#229714 Apr 26, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly, ignorant child, the God of the Bible does not have any problem with abortion. If He did, there would be a commandment against it. Instead, the fact is that the ONLY comment is in Exodus, and it shows that there is no problem with the termination of a pregnancy.
Another good example of your idiocy and hypocrisy that you posted Liam. The bible, God's Word, does give such a Commandment, that would be the 5th Commandment, "Thou shall not kill".~smh~ comprehension is definitley not your strong suit here.

At Ricky Dicky land

#229715 Apr 26, 2013
The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
It's curious that a lot of people oppose abortion based solely on their religious beliefs instead of making their own conclusions about abortion; religion can be quite an issue when discussing medicine.
But I think that a lot of people are getting mixed up about how much they use religion as a front for their beliefs -- I could care less if someone is of a specific group, but I would certainly care if that person is a fanatic who doesn't respect other peoples' liberties.
That being said, I do recall the Founding Fathers of the US building up a new nation based on French and English Enlightenment philosophy and a funny little document called the US Constitution instead of pledging eternal allegiance to the Bible.
That funny little document as you so nonsensically put it, provides freedom of religion and speech therefore allowing one's faith to be preached and practiced throughout the nation.

“Moose with the Golden Heart!”

Since: Aug 11

Watamoosetown Watamoosecountry

#229716 Apr 26, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
A 32 week fetus is not a human being at all. Zero is obviously less that 24.
Can the soul be proven? Not yet, not in any objective, scientific way. So?
Define "soul" ... <;o)

Location hidden

#229717 Apr 26, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
It's easily cleaned up, and no, ants avoid oil like the plague. Gets into their pores, and suffocates them - yes, carapaces have pores. A microscope reveals them handily. Burns 'em pretty good too, if angled correctly....

;)

I loathe ants.

Location hidden

#229718 Apr 26, 2013
QuickDraw 1 wrote:
Behold, this shining example of Christian grace, and Christ's abiding love.

One day you'll reach those Pearly Gates,
And what you gonna say..........
When that long-haired Jewish Peacenik
Sends your ass the other way???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 25 min Seraphima 604,838
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 31 min Pokay 774,048
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr guest 559,046
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 2 hr Neelakaran 1,243
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 2 hr bmz 37,798
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr onemale 265,020
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr bad bob 175,556
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 8 hr HipGnosis 441,755
More from around the web