“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

#229674 Apr 25, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>The best argument she can come up with, is 'because god.'
So yeah, I agree - I should stop beating my head against the wall of your combined ignorance.
Naah. Poking holes in your bullshit is rather entertaining.
i think this is another poster (who got run off again) posting as a grey boxer

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#229676 Apr 25, 2013
Angel1976 wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said before you guys can believe all your lies but I know that I am telling the truth and so does God.
concession speech noted.

if others believe in your imaginary friend, does it make it more real?

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#229677 Apr 25, 2013
The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
She has the right to do so if that's what SHE wants to -- but she shouldn't force that view on other women.
What kind of education does one have if one thinks conception by rape is always correct simply because it results in a baby?
you dumbass, she simply stated what she would do in such a situation.

she never stated that she felt it was right for ALL women, just her.

her opinion, her belief. nothing more.

but you are too ignorant to realize that.

why are anti-choicers so stupid? does it come naturally or do you work at it?

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#229678 Apr 25, 2013
Life is Precious wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh boo hoo!! Get over it. Good grief!
You are just mad because you can't use the money to fill your piehole.
yet you use govt money to fill yours every month.

funny that, hypocrite.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#229680 Apr 25, 2013
Expert in all Things wrote:
<quoted text>
So no problem with murdering the babies, just the women?
no problem terminating an unwanted pregnancy. the rights of the living, born, air breathing female, trump those of the unborn EVERYTIME!

every baby born should be wanted and loved.

not just brought into this world because a biological event took place.
LightForce

Warren, MI

#229681 Apr 25, 2013
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>Wads of goo are not children. They don't live on their own, they don't think, feel or have rights. They are WADS OF GOO. NOT children.
Do you have it set on automatic response? My clue is that most of you on here just respond without thinking first, and don’t even know what you’re really responding to/about most of the time. As a result, besides giving totally irrelevant and false answers, you end up even arguing between yourselves.

Your “wad of goo” hypothesis is not only oversimplifying the matter, but could only be relevant in the first few weeks after conception. Most abortions are committed long after that point. The rest of your comment has no real substance to it. They’re either false, or irrelevant statements like I have already pointed out.

As an example, why would the inability to live on your own deny you to right to life at all? To you does this seem like a logical solution to the problem? Can you really be that cold-hearted?

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#229683 Apr 25, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have it set on automatic response?
You mean like you have "All life is sacred" on automatic response?

Tell it to that ant you just stepped on, hypocrite.
LightForce

Warren, MI

#229684 Apr 25, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect. Every person has a right to live. Until they actually ARE a person, it is ludicrous to talk of them as if they were.
<quoted text>
The soul. Without a soul, there is no person.
<quoted text>
It is called "birth". The wad of goo stops being a fetus, and becomes a child.
<quoted text>
This is the point at which the soul joins with the body to transform a wad of goo into a human being.
<quoted text>
Quite the contrary, I love my kid quite a bit, and take great efforts to provide all the support and nurturing that I can.
<quoted text>
I have never advocated the killing of a child. I consider that to be the worst form of murder.
<quoted text>
No child was involved in the scenario. A woman got an abortion, and then left for a vacation. No big deal.
<quoted text>
Until we can locate the “soul”, there will never be a basis for its consideration in our personal rights. So your answer to #1 is debunked there. In the second question you are again basing your answer on the point at which the invisible soul enters the body, at which point it now becomes a child in your opinion. I’m not going to say crazy, but I will point out that it isn’t enough proof to condemn someone.

Logic – Is a 32-week-old pre-natal human being less of a child than a 24-week-old post-natal human being.

This bit of common sense of course nullifies the rest of your argument.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Hightstown, NJ

#229685 Apr 25, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
Until we can locate the “soul”, there will never be a basis for its consideration in our personal rights. So your answer to #1 is debunked there. In the second question you are again basing your answer on the point at which the invisible soul enters the body, at which point it now becomes a child in your opinion. I’m not going to say crazy, but I will point out that it isn’t enough proof to condemn someone.
Logic – Is a 32-week-old pre-natal human being less of a child than a 24-week-old post-natal human being.
This bit of common sense of course nullifies the rest of your argument.
"Until we can locate the “soul”, there will never be a basis for its consideration in our personal rights."

Good point. Which is why religious beliefs should NEVER be a factor in any legislation in this country.
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#229686 Apr 25, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Until we can locate the “soul”, there will never be a basis for its consideration in our personal rights."
Good point. Which is why religious beliefs should NEVER be a factor in any legislation in this country.
It's curious that a lot of people oppose abortion based solely on their religious beliefs instead of making their own conclusions about abortion; religion can be quite an issue when discussing medicine.
But I think that a lot of people are getting mixed up about how much they use religion as a front for their beliefs -- I could care less if someone is of a specific group, but I would certainly care if that person is a fanatic who doesn't respect other peoples' liberties.

That being said, I do recall the Founding Fathers of the US building up a new nation based on French and English Enlightenment philosophy and a funny little document called the US Constitution instead of pledging eternal allegiance to the Bible.
Ella

Rockford, MI

#229688 Apr 25, 2013
When a society gives consent to unlock the door to one evil act, another evil door always swings open:

Door #1: Abortion - Google this article:'Reuters promotes eugenics with 'abortion is safer than giving birth' headline'

Door #2: Sale of abort fetus parts - Google this article:'Fetal body parts used for reseach'( Written by iwishart on Wednesday, March 7, 2012 ), and fetal tissue request site - Agilent Technologies/Genomics.

Door #3: Consumption of fetus parts - Google these articles:'Pepsi, Nestle scandal – flavour ‘enhanced’ by aborted foetal cells'( Written by iwishart on Tuesday, March 6, 2012),'Pepsi and Dead Babies'(Bill Muehlenberg's commentary on issues of the day…Published: 6.3.12 ),'Avoid Any Products Containing Aborted Fetal Cells'(Written by Dave Mihalovic, Prevent Disease, March 9, 2012),'China's New Lucrative Business: Dead Babies Turned Into Stamina Booster Pills'(Aug. 5, 2011), and 'Aborted Babies Sold as Health Food for $10'(by Hong Kong Eastern Express on April 12, 19950.

Door #4: Born alive but left to die - Google these articles:'491 babies born alive after failed abortions, left to die: Statistics Canada confirms'(by PATRICK B. CRAINE, Wed Nov 28, 2012),'Aborted Child Born Alive, Left to Die; Obama Was Okay With That'
(by AWR Hawkins | Washington, DC | LifeNews.com | 5/24/12), and 'Babies survive abortion, left to die',(by Sheila Liaugminas | 10 Dec 2012/Sheila Reports/MercatorNet)

Door #5: Killing Babies - Google this article -'Killing Babies no different from abortion,...'( by Stephen Adams, Medical Correspondent, Feb. 29, 2012), and 'When is Killing Your Baby Okay?'(Thursday, March 01, 2012/ Mars Hill)

Door #6, Door #7 ...to be continued.....

By promoting a women's right to abortions, abortion advocates are doing their part to help big business make their record profits and further foster the desensitization of society at large; just in time for the next door of evil to open. Take a good look at the bigger picture abortion activists, you have become willing pawns in their game.....Your freedom can only come through Jesus now - John (chapters 1-20), Acts 2:38-39.

“Becoming a better me!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#229689 Apr 25, 2013
Ella wrote:
When a society gives consent to unlock the door to one evil act, another evil door always swings open:
Door #1: Abortion - Google this article:'Reuters promotes eugenics with 'abortion is safer than giving birth' headline'
Door #2: Sale of abort fetus parts - Google this article:'Fetal body parts used for reseach'( Written by iwishart on Wednesday, March 7, 2012 ), and fetal tissue request site - Agilent Technologies/Genomics.
Door #3: Consumption of fetus parts - Google these articles:'Pepsi, Nestle scandal – flavour ‘enhanced’ by aborted foetal cells'( Written by iwishart on Tuesday, March 6, 2012),'Pepsi and Dead Babies'(Bill Muehlenberg's commentary on issues of the day…Published: 6.3.12 ),'Avoid Any Products Containing Aborted Fetal Cells'(Written by Dave Mihalovic, Prevent Disease, March 9, 2012),'China's New Lucrative Business: Dead Babies Turned Into Stamina Booster Pills'(Aug. 5, 2011), and 'Aborted Babies Sold as Health Food for $10'(by Hong Kong Eastern Express on April 12, 19950.
Door #4: Born alive but left to die - Google these articles:'491 babies born alive after failed abortions, left to die: Statistics Canada confirms'(by PATRICK B. CRAINE, Wed Nov 28, 2012),'Aborted Child Born Alive, Left to Die; Obama Was Okay With That'
(by AWR Hawkins | Washington, DC | LifeNews.com | 5/24/12), and 'Babies survive abortion, left to die',(by Sheila Liaugminas | 10 Dec 2012/Sheila Reports/MercatorNet)
Door #5: Killing Babies - Google this article -'Killing Babies no different from abortion,...'( by Stephen Adams, Medical Correspondent, Feb. 29, 2012), and 'When is Killing Your Baby Okay?'(Thursday, March 01, 2012/ Mars Hill)
Door #6, Door #7 ...to be continued.....
By promoting a women's right to abortions, abortion advocates are doing their part to help big business make their record profits and further foster the desensitization of society at large; just in time for the next door of evil to open. Take a good look at the bigger picture abortion activists, you have become willing pawns in their game.....Your freedom can only come through Jesus now - John (chapters 1-20), Acts 2:38-39.
By donating money to a church, YOU are allowing churches to operate at a profit and denying many people much needed tax cuts.

And, if you EVER hear of anyone "killing babies" please notify the authorities immediately. It is against the law and perpetrators must be stopped.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Westerville, OH

#229690 Apr 25, 2013
The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
It's curious that a lot of people oppose abortion based solely on their religious beliefs instead of making their own conclusions about abortion; religion can be quite an issue when discussing medicine.
But I think that a lot of people are getting mixed up about how much they use religion as a front for their beliefs -- I could care less if someone is of a specific group, but I would certainly care if that person is a fanatic who doesn't respect other peoples' liberties.
That being said, I do recall the Founding Fathers of the US building up a new nation based on French and English Enlightenment philosophy and a funny little document called the US Constitution instead of pledging eternal allegiance to the Bible.
Ah, you're after my own heart here. I definitely agree!
LightForce

Warren, MI

#229691 Apr 25, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>You mean like you have "All life is sacred" on automatic response?
Tell it to that ant you just stepped on, hypocrite.
If you feel that strongly about ant rights, what are you out there doing about it?

http://insectrights.org/howtohelp.html

I myself have no respect for ant murderers and will say so, but I also have to live with the fact every day that I may have killed a few accidentally myself.
LightForce

Warren, MI

#229692 Apr 25, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
I somewhat agree, but being religious in origin should not be the basis for discounting a fact either. It’s very hard to tell the difference between religion and politics if at all, and just like in some aspects of religion, people in political parties will just mimic the viewpoints of their side because they “believe” it to be true, rather than ever showing it to be true. I’m not saying that an opinion/belief alone can’t sometimes be right, but too often a personal agenda will take precedence over a truth that is based on facts or reason. Using a viewpoint, whether from religion or politics is never wrong just because you may believe that the source is wrong, but neither should that view be used based solely on partisan beliefs/agendas alone, with no sound foundation or reason to back it up.
LightForce

Warren, MI

#229693 Apr 25, 2013
Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
many places like the one she refers to. not only do they have dirty floors. but also dirty instruments, walls, etc.....
many of the backstreet abortionists do NOT even wash their hands between abortions...
I'm shocked! You would think that at least they would show some common courtesy and wash their hands between murders.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#229694 Apr 26, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
I somewhat agree, but being religious in origin should not be the basis for discounting a fact either. It’s very hard to tell the difference between religion and politics if at all, and just like in some aspects of religion, people in political parties will just mimic the viewpoints of their side because they “believe” it to be true, rather than ever showing it to be true. I’m not saying that an opinion/belief alone can’t sometimes be right, but too often a personal agenda will take precedence over a truth that is based on facts or reason. Using a viewpoint, whether from religion or politics is never wrong just because you may believe that the source is wrong, but neither should that view be used based solely on partisan beliefs/agendas alone, with no sound foundation or reason to back it up.
Yes, it should. Religion has no place in politics. At all.

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#229695 Apr 26, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm shocked! You would think that at least they would show some common courtesy and wash their hands between murders.
they want to make as much of a profit as possible. and water costs money......

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#229696 Apr 26, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
If you feel that strongly about ant rights, what are you out there doing about it?
http://insectrights.org/howtohelp.html
I myself have no respect for ant murderers and will say so, but I also have to live with the fact every day that I may have killed a few accidentally myself.
Not being a 'pro-life' hypocrite, I happily crush ants daily.

Spraying them with vegetable oil works too... but it's slower, and not as physically satisfying.

:)
LightForce

Warren, MI

#229697 Apr 26, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it should. Religion has no place in politics. At all.
So you would discard a truth because of its origin? We shouldn’t hear from all sides, and then make a decision based on all of the facts?

I forgot, you’re that one that believes morality is subjective.

If morality is subjective why would we need any laws in the first place? We can all just make our own laws. That means you disagree even with the premise of your own argument here because nobody has any right to tell you what to do anyways, whether religious or political in origin.

Regardless of what anybody else thinks, it’s only “your truth” that matters – right? I wonder if it matters to you if somebody else gets hurt because of your subjective morality. Of course even that wouldn’t be anybody else’s business, would it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min _Bad Company 751,255
Appjoy invite code (Apr '14) 32 min Ole 111
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 48 min Ratloder 118,675
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 230,117
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr atemcowboy 548,926
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 96,139
Heather Geier 2 hr YOUR PATHEDIC 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr AussieBobby 261,718
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Brother James 602,277

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE