Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#229608 Apr 23, 2013
The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry for the misunderstanding -- pardon if I've come across as an enormous ass.
Thanks for the clarification, but I'd hate it if these "pro lifers" were to suddenly use you as an example of pregnancy resulting from rape and your decision to become a mother.
Well, to me you came across more as someone who was in a hurry.
Many other women have chosen to attempt to carry pregnancies to term that were the result of rapes. It's only when it is NOT their choice that it's wrong.
I was pressured quite strongly to have my first pregnancy terminated, in a time when it wasn't legal in the states. I believe they'd have forced me to undergo a back street one if they could have, but there was no way that was happening.
I've stated my views on this before in the forum, nobody has successfully used my choice to further their anti-choice goals.
Peace.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#229609 Apr 23, 2013
Life is Precious wrote:
This room is for all those who find life precious and believe killing an innocent life is wrong. Please no bashing and no trolls.We hope to have uplifting comments in here.
Should masturbation be banned because of wasted sperm cells???

Location hidden

#229610 Apr 23, 2013
Life is Precious wrote:
<quoted text>I agree,she is one of the biggest hypocrites on this thread.
She has said many times sometimes abortion is the most loving thing you can do. She is beyond sick. She is delusional.
No, that would be a tight draw between you, lightfarce, and lowest.
All three of you are ignorant hypocrites who refuse to learn basic biology, and constantly defy your own beliefs.

Location hidden

#229611 Apr 23, 2013
Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember you were the one who asked in the first place. I guess you have to watch what you ask for, especially if you are not prepared to take responsibilty for your own words; Post # 229562: <quoted text>
None of you examples were of her hypocrisy. Not one.
I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Location hidden

#229612 Apr 23, 2013
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>None of you examples were of her hypocrisy. Not one.
I don't think that word means what you think it means.
You poor thing.
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#229613 Apr 23, 2013
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>Well, to me you came across more as someone who was in a hurry.
Many other women have chosen to attempt to carry pregnancies to term that were the result of rapes. It's only when it is NOT their choice that it's wrong.
I was pressured quite strongly to have my first pregnancy terminated, in a time when it wasn't legal in the states. I believe they'd have forced me to undergo a back street one if they could have, but there was no way that was happening.
I've stated my views on this before in the forum, nobody has successfully used my choice to further their anti-choice goals.
Peace.
Thank you, and once again, I apologise.
Choice IS everything, and it's great that you decided to exercise your RIGHT of choice --- and yet apparently some people think they own all uteri world wide and take on this paternalistic attitude in making all of the decisions for reproductive health.

I hope your kid is doing well!
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#229614 Apr 23, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>And I'm still waiting for your example.
The stuff you've offered so far was simply opinions of mine which differ from your own.
Hypocrisy is saying one thing, and doing another...like wailing about the abortion of fertilized human eggs in the womb, and completely ignoring the disposal of fertilized human eggs in a Petri dish.
Or claiming to be 'pro-life', but campaigning to outlaw abortion, driving it 'underground', where it's practically guaranteed to be fatal to women.
Or claiming to be 'pro-life', but insisting that women who rely on the system, which provides for their children when they cannot, are abusing that system, and should limit the size of their families.
You've done all that so far.
Congratulations.
Hypocrite.
Not to mention the violence carried out against clinics and doctors who offer(ed) abortive services. HOW is killing a doctor preserving a life again??
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#229615 Apr 23, 2013
Mirandapandabear wrote:
<quoted text> You poor thing.
Why "poor thing'" What's wrong with NW calling someone out on their bs?
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#229616 Apr 23, 2013
The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to mention the violence carried out against clinics and doctors who offer(ed) abortive services. HOW is killing a doctor preserving a life again??
Let's ask the abortion Dr Gosnell on trail for murder?

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#229617 Apr 23, 2013
The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
I've wondered that, many times...but I don't think this gal has killed any doctors.
Of course, I could be mistaken there.

Location hidden

#229618 Apr 23, 2013
Expert in all Things wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's ask the abortion Dr Gosnell on trail for murder?
You mean that fellow who was performing illegal abortions? That's the kind you advocate, remember?

If abortion is outlawed, the Gosnells of the world will be the only avenue for the procedure.

How is that in any way a 'pro-life' outcome??

Location hidden

#229619 Apr 23, 2013
Mirandapandabear wrote:
<quoted text> You poor thing.
Meh?
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#229620 Apr 23, 2013
<quoted text>You mean that fellow who was performing illegal abortions? That's the kind you advocate, remember?
If abortion is outlawed, the Gosnells of the world will be the only avenue for the procedure.
How is that in any way a 'pro-life' outcome??
What was wrong with it? Why were they illegal?

Location hidden

#229622 Apr 23, 2013
Expert in all Things wrote:
<quoted text>
What was wrong with it? Why were they illegal?
He was performing abortions in a filthy clinic with unsterile instruments. He was using unqualified assistants, and was breaking numerous other laws.

He should have been caught years ago.
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#229623 Apr 23, 2013
<quoted text>He was performing abortions in a filthy clinic with unsterile instruments. He was using unqualified assistants, and was breaking numerous other laws.
So he may have violated a health code, why would that make it an illegal abortion?

“Calling Out The Hermits”

At Ricky Dicky land

#229624 Apr 23, 2013
mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't care if the children you would insist be born live without loving parents or relatives, whether or not they're on drugs or laying in the gutter drunk.
You'll pay for that. Just so long as a woman is punished for having sex. the guy who impregnated her walks away scot free, but she MUST be punished for having sex, and thereby her child is punished as well.
Right?
Is that the only pathetic excuse you can come up with oh ignorant one? Really? How do you know what the future holds for these innocent lives? And yes they ARE life whether you want to face it or not.
Who the hell are you to predict what might happen or might not happen? That's not for you or any woman to decide. Are you a fortune teller mamma-san? Fortune tellers are sinners as well. Another notch on your belt.
As far as a woman being punished for sex, that's a crock of shit. Keep your damn legs closed period and you won't get yourself into trouble. If woman wants to take it upon herself to spread her legs about, then she should she should take it upon herself to be respsonsible for the possible outcome of her actions. You cannot take responsibility to raise a child? ADOPTION IS THE OPTION....ABORTION IS MURDER. Don't like it, tough shit. It's the LAW of God. Screw man made law, it's means nothing in the eyes of God.
I care about life, not about what may or may not happen. I leave it all to God. It's in His Hands. It's called faith, something you lack and cannot comprehend. Get a conscience already. Your excuses are getting so old.

“Calling Out The Hermits”

At Ricky Dicky land

#229625 Apr 23, 2013
mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't care if the children you would insist be born live without loving parents or relatives, whether or not they're on drugs or laying in the gutter drunk.
You'll pay for that. Just so long as a woman is punished for having sex. the guy who impregnated her walks away scot free, but she MUST be punished for having sex, and thereby her child is punished as well.
Right?
Interesting how you are here mamma-san, interesting how your mother took on a moral responsibilty. A big one for that matter.
LightForce

Warren, MI

#229631 Apr 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Here's your reasonable answer:
"...a parent who wants to dis their child, legitimizing the killing of the child before leaving for a nice, quiet vacation."
wouldn't be a parent at all.
Why would you obligate a child be born to this miserable excuse for parents? Sounds like you hate children, and wish them miserable lives.
" To you, does this sound like something that a responsible, trustworthy adult might do?" Well, no. Should we make sure folks who aren't 'responsible and trustworthy' become parents....or even allow them to?
If we took away the choice to gestate from people like this, we'd have a lot fewer unwanted kids...
But that's not part of your agenda, because you don't care about the kids. Your only wishes are to control the uterus, worship the fetus, and congratulate yourself on having 'stood up for the unborn'.
In your world, the born are collateral damage.
In my world we don’t disregard the rights of certain “classes” of people based on where they may reside, or at what stage they are in their development.

Who said that the parent would also be the caregiver? You’re starting right off the bat with a false assumption rather than a fact.

Your statements rather are an indication to me of the pro-death values that you hold, and that you just assume that we as a society should take no responsibility to protect the weak, and the “less important”. But in a morally just society we should always try to defend the rights of the defenseless, and we shouldn’t just let them be victimized without trying to help them. You pointing out that life may be difficult in no way defends killing a child to protect them from it. That must be the pro-deather version of “tough love”. Your argument needs at least something with a little bit sounder basis for it. You could start by answering the first two questions that I posed in the previous post. I’m looking forward to hearing back.

On a side issue, I’m also not sure that this pro-death attitude of yours doesn’t all stem from your deep-seated hatred towards men.
LightForce

Warren, MI

#229632 Apr 23, 2013
<quoted text>He was performing abortions in a filthy clinic with unsterile instruments. He was using unqualified assistants, and was breaking numerous other laws.
You’re trying to avoid the obvious contradiction, which could be seen by others as “passive hypocrisy”, unless of course you believe that it is OK for someone to kill a born child too. It was illegal because he killed them after they were born. But if he would have done his job properly and killed them just before that, it would have been legal - a hypocritical conclusion based on false logic.
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#229633 Apr 23, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
You’re trying to avoid the obvious contradiction, which could be seen by others as “passive hypocrisy”, unless of course you believe that it is OK for someone to kill a born child too. It was illegal because he killed them after they were born. But if he would have done his job properly and killed them just before that, it would have been legal - a hypocritical conclusion based on false logic.
You're missing the point. The point being that he was an unregistered doctor who had little to no knowledge of how to perform a correct abortion and operated a racist, unsanitary establishment -- he was able to get away with it because he was cheap and made himself accessible to poor, desperate women (among his clients were a 14 year old girl and a Nepalese immigrant, who died) who would've survived had they had the knowledge and security to go to a safer, registered clinic, despite many wanting late term abortions.

The reasons for wanting a late term abortion (as polled in the US by the Guttmacher Institute) are as follows:

71% Woman didn't recognize she was pregnant or misjudged gestation
48% Woman found it hard to make arrangements for abortion
33% Woman was afraid to tell her partner or parents
24% Woman took time to decide to have an abortion
8% Woman waited for her relationship to change
8% Someone pressured woman not to have abortion
6% Something changed after woman became pregnant
6% Woman didn't know timing is important
5% Woman didn't know she could get an abortion
2% A fetal problem was diagnosed late in pregnancy
11% Other

Abortion would certainly be much safer and there wouldn't be many doctors like that if it were legalised and regulated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Hidingfromyou 779,261
Moses never existed 6 min KiMare 862
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Tony17 560,747
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 7 min EdmondWA 96,864
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 13 min Qu_innocence 605,392
The Spiritual Journey of His Holiness 19 min Uttamchand 1
Brahmrishi Shree Kumar Swamiji – The Spiritual ... 21 min Uttamchand 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 265,589
How do I ask my dad for sex? (Oct '13) 15 hr daveo69 72
More from around the web