Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#229571 Apr 22, 2013
Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a sampling of exerpts from your previous posted comments:
SAMPLE 1):
post #228693
I believe that abortion is necessarily a last resort for ANY pregnant woman whose fetus
a)threatens her life,
b)is severely/profoundly compromised, or
c)has died in utero.
This includes women in their THIRD trimester of pregnancy... but hey - usually that entails DELIVERY , not abortion.
----------
post #228701
I support women having the choice, regardless. The choice women other than myself make, is not my call.
----------
post #228739
I "feel" that the pregnant woman not only "can" but "should" be the one (and unless she's unconscious) the ONLY one, to make the decision of whether or not to attempt gestation.
----------
I know, you are going to tell me you now have selective amnesia, right? But wait it gets better:
---------
Now this is my favorite sampling of your exerpts:
SAMPLE 2):
post #229064
When pregnancy no longer carries the risk of death, and/or permanent damage to one's health or well-being, AND produces no children who are subsequently abandoned, abused, exploited, ignored, molested, neglected, and/or unloved, then, and ONLY then, will the necessity for legal safe abortion be ended.
----------
post #228843
I don't care if this position seems arbitrary - once born, regardless of the circumstances, one is a person, with the right to life.
--------
RE: post #229064
In spite of your passionately expressed belief, you chose to have children with the potential possibility that they could indeed be victims of exploitation, molestation....in our evil ladden society. This brings me to my next comment: Short of living in a eutopic society, how does one predetermine the safety of the born child while that child is in uthero?
Ella, I commend you for your diligence in combing through the thread to find examples of my posts...but I challenge you to find anything in any of them which contradicts any of the others.

A fetus in utero is not a born child.
Abortion (in my opinion) should be a last resort (and in my own case, it was.)
I stand by my assertion that born children have rights, that accrue to them AT BIRTH.
And the world is full of dangers, and yes, I chose to bear children anyway...but I did not abandon, abuse, exploit, ignore, molest, or neglect, my children, and I still don't. I do, however, love them. The evils of this world prohibit me from insisting that OTHER women be legally obliged to bear children....whether or not they decide to do it, is STILL not my call. Or yours. Women should have the choice to abort a pregnancy, regardless of the circumstances under which they got pregnant.

Nowhere in any of that, have I made contradictory statements, or professed an opinion upon which I was not prepared to act accordingly.

(That would be hypocrisy, by the way.)
But again - nice try.
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#229572 Apr 22, 2013
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>Really?? So just what makes the life of a child that was conceived by rape or incest less valuable than the life of one that was conceived because birth control failed?? NOTHING, that's what.
Not your body, not your pregnancy, NONE of your business.
If I had become pregnant as a result of my rape, I would have done the same thing I did when I got pregnant from consensual sex. I'd have done all I could to bring the pregnancy to term.
What a casual attitude you have towards conception via rape. As long as a woman gets pregnant, I guess you don't care at ALL whether it was through a loving, stable relationship or a violent, traumatising encounter.

That's sick, man!

“Becoming a better me!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#229573 Apr 22, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
However flawed, Iím alright with that until your moral opinions involve infringing on the rights of another individual, which abortion does. It seems that you believe morals are subjective only until they infringe on your rights. No wonder things are so messed up.
Once again, a fetus HAS no rights. As much as you might want to make that a fact, it's not.

What a woman does with her body is HER business and HERS alone, as much as you might like to make it yours.

Unless you plan to adopt every single fetus that is aborted, and make it's life a part of yours until one of you dies, it's NONE of your business.
quickdraw

Melrose Park, IL

#229574 Apr 22, 2013
mamma-san wrote:
<quote>Once again, a fetus HAS no rights. As much as you might want to make that a fact, it's not.

What a woman does with her body is HER business and HERS alone, as much as you might like to make it yours.

Unless you plan to adopt every single fetus that is aborted, and make it's life a part of yours until one of you dies, it's NONE of your business.

I see ignoranance is still at it again.
Funny mamma-san, since the taxpayers are having to contritbute by force from the government on funding such bullshit as abortion, you bet your fat ass it's our business. You really are a SICK piece of work.
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#229575 Apr 22, 2013
quickdraw wrote:
mamma-san wrote:
<quote>Once again, a fetus HAS no rights. As much as you might want to make that a fact, it's not.
Funny mamma-san, since the taxpayers are having to contritbute by force from the government on funding such bullshit as abortion, you bet your fat ass it's our business. You really are a SICK piece of work.
Also it's NONE of your business.
quickdraw

Melrose Park, IL

#229576 Apr 22, 2013
Expert in all Things wrote:
<quoted text>
Also it's NONE of your business.
Keep telling yourself that expert my ass.
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#229577 Apr 22, 2013
quickdraw wrote:
mamma-san wrote:
That's under the ASSumption that the government funds all abortive procedures; however, this is not the case for private hospitals, and that is ludicrously believing that there is a high rate of abortions performed in the US when non profit and state clinics have published information on how abortions performed consitute a low percentage among visitor s to womens' clinics (check Planned Parenthoo on this).

Or I could just make this easy on you and remind you that under US law it is prohibited to allocate funds for an abortion to such eares.
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#229578 Apr 22, 2013
*typo! Under US law it is prohibited to allocate funds for abortive processes in public/private clinics with government money.

Organisations such as Planned Parenthood receive government money, yet for abortions they rely on donations.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Location hidden

#229579 Apr 22, 2013
The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
What a casual attitude you have towards conception via rape. As long as a woman gets pregnant, I guess you don't care at ALL whether it was through a loving, stable relationship or a violent, traumatising encounter.
That's sick, man!
She's not advocating any such thing. All she said was, she'd have gestated if her rape had resulted in pregnancy.

That's her right - don't you think so?
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#229580 Apr 22, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>She's not advocating any such thing. All she said was, she'd have gestated if her rape had resulted in pregnancy.
She has the right to do so if that's what SHE wants to -- but she shouldn't force that view on other women.

What kind of education does one have if one thinks conception by rape is always correct simply because it results in a baby?
quickdraw

Melrose Park, IL

#229581 Apr 22, 2013
The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
That's under the ASSumption that the government funds all abortive procedures; however, this is not the case for private hospitals, and that is ludicrously believing that there is a high rate of abortions performed in the US when non profit and state clinics have published information on how abortions performed consitute a low percentage among visitor s to womens' clinics (check Planned Parenthoo on this).
Ludicrously believing that there is a high rate of abortions performed in the U.S.? Hey mexico misfit, you wouldn't know your own head from your own ass. Try 50 million abortions been performed since roe vs wade. That's 50 million murders sfb's.
The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text> Or I could just make this easy on you and remind you that under US law it is prohibited to allocate funds for an abortion to such eares.
Easily remind me of what? Probhibited? What part of " money taken out of tax payers to fund abortion" don't you understand? Oh wait, your one of those illegals alien living on taxpayers dollars. That's right.

Location hidden

#229582 Apr 22, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>She's not advocating any such thing. All she said was, she'd have gestated if her rape had resulted in pregnancy.
Addendum:

NWMoon also stated that in her opinion, a fetus conceived through rape is not inherently less valuable than a fetus conceived through consensual sex.

Frankly, I find those who claim to be 'pro-life', and opposed to abortion, yet say that abortion is ok in the case of rape, to be hypocritical too. Why? Because any human fetus is just as human as any other human fetus, regardless of the circumstances of conception.

And I STILL say, if the woman wants to end the pregnancy because of rape, that it should be HER choice, and not mine....that's what it means to be pro-choice.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#229583 Apr 22, 2013
The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
That's sick, man!
No, I don't. I was raped, and spent a very nervous few weeks wondering if it would result in a pregnancy. I made up my mind during those weeks that if I were, I would attempt to bring it to term and keep the child if I were successful in that.
I think it's best when a conception is in a loving stable relationship, but regardless of HOW a conception happens, the foetus has just the same value to me. What ANY woman does about an unexpected pregnancy is up to HER, and nobody else.
Perhaps you didn't understand what I was getting at. The anti choice fool was saying that abortion should ONLY be allowed if the circumstances were rape or incest. If a foetus has any value at all, it is equal value, regardless of the conception. That value is up to the woman to decide, and nobody else. It is HER pregnancy, and HER decision alone.
I would have tried to have mine, if another does not, I don't blame her at all. I know I'm in the minority in that, most women I've known who have been raped have said they would have terminated the pregnancy, only one other has told me they would have attempted to carry to term.
Regardless, it's OUR choice, whether the pregnancy is from rape, incest, failure of birth control, or just not using it.

Location hidden

#229584 Apr 22, 2013
The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
That's sick, man!
Oh, and it's woman, not man. Men have no say in whether or not we want to keep or terminate a pregnancy. They can support our decisions or the can eff off.

Location hidden

#229585 Apr 22, 2013
The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
She has the right to do so if that's what SHE wants to -- but she shouldn't force that view on other women.
What kind of education does one have if one thinks conception by rape is always correct simply because it results in a baby?
She's pro-choice, Advocate. She doesn't believe other women should be legally obligated to make the choice she would make.

All she said was, IN HER OPINION, her children are valuable TO HER regardless of how they were conceived.

Where has she said otherwise?

(Really not trying to be a bitch here, I just think you have an erroneous impression of NWM.)

Location hidden

#229586 Apr 22, 2013
The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
I NEVER said that. Go back and re-read my post, I said if it's not your body it's not your business. I'm PRO CHOICE.
Pay attention. You've grossly misunderstood my post.
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#229587 Apr 22, 2013
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>I NEVER said that. Go back and re-read my post, I said if it's not your body it's not your business. I'm PRO CHOICE.
Pay attention. You've grossly misunderstood my post.
Sorry for the misunderstanding -- pardon if I've come across as an enormous ass.

Thanks for the clarification, but I'd hate it if these "pro lifers" were to suddenly use you as an example of pregnancy resulting from rape and your decision to become a mother.
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#229588 Apr 22, 2013
quickdraw wrote:
<quoted text>Ludicrously believing that there is a high rate of abortions performed in the U.S.? Hey mexico misfit, you wouldn't know your own head from your own ass. Try 50 million abortions been performed since roe vs wade. That's 50 million murders sfb's.
<quoted text>Easily remind me of what? Probhibited? What part of " money taken out of tax payers to fund abortion" don't you understand? Oh wait, your one of those illegals alien living on taxpayers dollars. That's right.
What does my nationality have to do with views on abortion? Please keep your thoughts on immigration elsewhere (and no, I'm not an immigrant, I live in Mexico City).

Do you have any link to show the 50+ abortions since Roe vs Wade? Please link if you make a claim, especially running through statistics.

You also ignore the laws that restrict funding towards women's health clinics:
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0211/486...

You could just as easily be upset over the termination of forzen IVF embryos or the rather sad rates of malnutrition, poverty and violence among children born out of such circumstances of unwanted pregnancies, but it seems you just prefer to cherry pick over where your taxes go instead of looking at all the issues involved.

I would gladly help pay taxes to support abortions if it meant a way to decrease the number of children that grow up poor, disillusioned, unwanted, unloved, and hardened after years of abuse simply for being born.

“Calling Out The Hermits”

Since: Apr 13

At Ricky Dicky land

#229589 Apr 22, 2013
The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
What does my nationality have to do with views on abortion? Please keep your thoughts on immigration elsewhere (and no, I'm not an immigrant, I live in Mexico City).
Do you have any link to show the 50+ abortions since Roe vs Wade? Please link if you make a claim, especially running through statistics.
You also ignore the laws that restrict funding towards women's health clinics:
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0211/486...
You could just as easily be upset over the termination of forzen IVF embryos or the rather sad rates of malnutrition, poverty and violence among children born out of such circumstances of unwanted pregnancies, but it seems you just prefer to cherry pick over where your taxes go instead of looking at all the issues involved.
I would gladly help pay taxes to support abortions if it meant a way to decrease the number of children that grow up poor, disillusioned, unwanted, unloved, and hardened after years of abuse simply for being born.
No, you gladly condone murder.
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/54-million-a...

“Becoming a better me!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#229590 Apr 22, 2013
quickdraw wrote:
mamma-san wrote:
I have to pay good tax money for alcohol rehab and drug rehab, yet I don't drink and don't use illegal drugs.

I have to pay taxes for foster care for children who's mothers have abandoned them.

My taxes help pay welfare for the children of deadbeat dads.

Welcome to the USA.

Don't like it? Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 17 min Epiphany2 608,270
10 good tips to lose weight easily 56 min diettips 1
Weight Watchers diet: how to lose weight? 58 min diettips 1
How to Copy DVD to Computer / PC / Hard Drive? 1 hr lydiawang 1
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr truth 574,347
hi 1 hr Mantu 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Joe fortuna 810,347
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 hr RADEKT 269,038
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 10 hr Jon 19
More from around the web