Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you can argue all day about what we should, but your should doesn't equal my should and you're not allowed to should all over me.
The right thing to you isn't the right thing to me. Moral relativism.
I have a right to should on you anytime I feel like it. Moral relativism.
LightForce

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>
Morality is totally subjective.
What is moral for me may not be for you. It is immoral for me to drink alcohol. It is not immoral for everyone else.
It is not immoral for me to live with my boyfriend, but it may be for someone else.
Morals are what is right and wrong for the individual.
If it is wrong for you to have an abortion, don't do so. But it wasn't wrong for me to do so.
However flawed, I’m alright with that until your moral opinions involve infringing on the rights of another individual, which abortion does. It seems that you believe morals are subjective only until they infringe on your rights. No wonder things are so messed up.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn’t legal to kill somebody with the death penalty just because we might think it would be a fun thing to do. We don’t kill in war because we feel that it is our body and therefore our choice to do whatever we feel compelled to do with it if somebody might get in our way. We don’t kill in self-defense because of our desire to be free from the burden of having somebody to care for. In all of these cases the only justifiable reason for killing is in self-defense. Again, what does being legal have anything to do with your argument, and if the legality of abortion is not the basis of your argument, why do you and all the others feel compelled to bring it up after you've run out of all other line of rational debate? Ooops! Never mind, I think I just answered my own question.
I think you just had a conversation with yourself.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
Almost all recent legislation that would prohibit abortion has exceptions for the health of the mother. None of the legislation that you’re talking about will pass, and I have my doubts as to which side it even originates from. Don’t believe anything Planned Parenthood tells you, they are a fanatical pro-abortion organization that will tell you anything to promote their agenda.
The very fact that you have no problem with this sort of legislation even being proposed, negates your argument.

You just want women to die, whether from illegal abortion, or the complications of pregnancy, in service to your fetus worship.

If you think I agree to take lessons in morality from you, you're sadly mistaken.
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Advice for men who wish women would stop having abortions:
Don't f... any women.
End of story.
Some men aren't like that, some of them are thoughtful enough to provide brand new coat hangers.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a right to should on you anytime I feel like it. Moral relativism.
You can TRY, but you will fail.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Expert in all Things wrote:
<quoted text>
Also none of your business at all. Right?
Yes, not my business if they want to have or not have an abortion. However, I am not one who is telling others that they MUST make the same choice I did.
I attempted to bring all my pregnancies to term.
That was MY CHOICE, and nobody else had a say in it.
It IS my business to see that women have their rights protected and have a choice if they don't want to attempt to bring their pregnancies to term.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
However flawed, I’m alright with that until your moral opinions involve infringing on the rights of another individual, which abortion does. It seems that you believe morals are subjective only until they infringe on your rights. No wonder things are so messed up.
You are still wrong. Abortion removes a wad of unwanted goo, no person involved except the woman who doesn't want to be pregnant and her physician. Nobody's rights are being infringed upon unless someone is coercing her into having the abortion.
Usually when that happens it's the man who impregnated the woman who is coercing her to abort.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Expert in all Things wrote:
<quoted text>
Some men aren't like that, some of them are thoughtful enough to provide brand new coat hangers.
And I'm sure you're one of those thoughtful and considerate souls. Why, I'd bet you even take the coats off of them first.

Kudos!!

(Please detect heavy sarcasm.)
LightForce

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>You are still wrong. Abortion removes a wad of unwanted goo, no person involved except the woman who doesn't want to be pregnant and her physician. Nobody's rights are being infringed upon unless someone is coercing her into having the abortion.
Usually when that happens it's the man who impregnated the woman who is coercing her to abort.
Defining an unborn child as a “wad of goo” is simply a scientific misinterpretation on your part, so that means you are starting right off the bat with a scientific fallacy. Your “wad of goo” premise concerning the physical characteristics of the child is also irrelevant when most cases of abortion are ever committed. Based on these facts, I believe that in all likelihood the only person's rights that you care about are your own

The legal decision may be left up to the parent, but the moral decision on whether to kill that child is the child’s only, who won’t be able to speak for themselves for a few more years yet. If you at that point still make the determination to snuff out their life, you can ask them if they would like you to. Other than that I have no opinion on this matter one way or the other. It should solely the child’s decision when they become old enough to make it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
Defining an unborn child as a “wad of goo” is simply a scientific misinterpretation on your part, so that means you are starting right off the bat with a scientific fallacy. Your “wad of goo” premise concerning the physical characteristics of the child is also irrelevant when most cases of abortion are ever committed. Based on these facts, I believe that in all likelihood the only person's rights that you care about are your own
The legal decision may be left up to the parent, but the moral decision on whether to kill that child is the child’s only, who won’t be able to speak for themselves for a few more years yet. If you at that point still make the determination to snuff out their life, you can ask them if they would like you to. Other than that I have no opinion on this matter one way or the other. It should solely the child’s decision when they become old enough to make it.
So I take it, you're in favor of suicide?
LightForce

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>So I take it, you're in favor of suicide?
It is that person's moral decision to decide their OWN fate, pertaining to themselves only. I never said that I was in favor of suicide. I would in most cases do whatever I could to stop it. If a person has more than one choice, I will always try to convince them to make the one that is in their best interest or in the best interest of others. But enough about me..........

The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

I wonder how many of these "pro lifers" are ignoring situations such as Savita Halappanavar .....

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

The Advocate wrote:
I wonder how many of these "pro lifers" are ignoring situations such as Savita Halappanavar .....
Abortion should be legal only in the extreme cases.For example if the mother's life is in danger or the pregnancy due to rape or incest etc

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

The Advocate wrote:
I wonder how many of them are as passionate about saving the 'lives' of human embryos in freezers world wide, awaiting implantation or disposal? Or the thousands of them which are discarded immediately, after in vitro fertilization has been performed?

I'm guessing, since we never hear any protest whatsoever about them from the so-called 'pro-life' crowd, that these 'babies' just don't fit the script, poor things. They don't reside in a woman.

It's only when they can control a uterus, that the fetus worshipers are satisfied. Petri dishes don't advance the so-called 'pro-life' agenda.

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>I wonder how many of them are as passionate about saving the 'lives' of human embryos in freezers world wide, awaiting implantation or disposal? Or the thousands of them which are discarded immediately, after in vitro fertilization has been performed?
I'm guessing, since we never hear any protest whatsoever about them from the so-called 'pro-life' crowd, that these 'babies' just don't fit the script, poor things. They don't reside in a woman.
It's only when they can control a uterus, that the fetus worshipers are satisfied. Petri dishes don't advance the so-called 'pro-life' agenda.
part of why some of them will not agree to IVFs. is that it gives them a chance to shout that the folks doing it is playing "God". when many of those protesting, are farmers or other type of job or hobby that deals with animal and or plant life. and some of those use breeding programs to get the best in either livestock and or plant life.
plus, they do not realize that many of our choices alter something or someone. this includes getting a operation to save our life. what we eat. how we eat it. what we wear for clothing. no matter what we do. everyone of us here in a way "plays God".

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
part of why some of them will not agree to IVFs. is that it gives them a chance to shout that the folks doing it is playing "God". when many of those protesting, are farmers or other type of job or hobby that deals with animal and or plant life. and some of those use breeding programs to get the best in either livestock and or plant life.
plus, they do not realize that many of our choices alter something or someone. this includes getting a operation to save our life. what we eat. how we eat it. what we wear for clothing. no matter what we do. everyone of us here in a way "plays God".
I suspect most of them give IVF a pass, because it's 'creating life'. Whatever furthers IVF is fine with them, and if we started disallowing the 'leftovers' to be destroyed, or frozen for later use, it would threaten the efficacy of the procedure. So these 'babies' just really don't matter to them, and they never deny that by protesting their destruction....

The so-called 'pro-life' movement is primarily comprised of these hypocrites.
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>I suspect most of them give IVF a pass, because it's 'creating life'. Whatever furthers IVF is fine with them, and if we started disallowing the 'leftovers' to be destroyed, or frozen for later use, it would threaten the efficacy of the procedure. So these 'babies' just really don't matter to them, and they never deny that by protesting their destruction....
s you want to sling
No matter what character assassination you want to label people with does not mean your position is more valid.

So do you have a rational argument or you just going to keep calling names.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>I suspect most of them give IVF a pass, because it's 'creating life'. Whatever furthers IVF is fine with them, and if we started disallowing the 'leftovers' to be destroyed, or frozen for later use, it would threaten the efficacy of the procedure. So these 'babies' just really don't matter to them, and they never deny that by protesting their destruction....
The prodeathers are the biggest hypocrites out there.Are you kidding me? Really?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Life is Precious wrote:
<quoted text>The prodeathers are the biggest hypocrites out there.Are you kidding me? Really?
Please give one example of my hypocrisy.

Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min -Web 259,064
Miley Cyrus = the perfect role model 6 min The Awakener 5
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 8 min NoStress4me 441,065
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min It aint necessari... 729,648
GMO foods and you! 13 min UidiotRaceMAkeWor... 83
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min atemcowboy 536,885
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 18 min The Awakener 2,158
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr joonie 117,742
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 2 hr Just 103

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••