“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#229480 Apr 19, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that your right to a medical procedure should transcend the right of another human being to live?
What does being legal have anything to do with your argument? Do you flip-flop every time the law changes?
I never said that self-defense is not justifiable. You continue to use this argument even when it involves only a small section of actual abortions. So we can probably drop this part of the discussion and focus on the real reasons for abortion, which are mainly as a means of birth control, and other various selfish reasons like being able to go on vacations, or not having to carry a stroller and baby at the same time. I didn’t make these up, these are actual reasons given here.
Just what are you comparing the size of the fetus in the video to? Did you think that King Kong in the movie was really 40 feet tall? I’ve been waiting, and will probably continue waiting for a long time for anybody to show me any evidence.
But we are not talking about a medical procedure that transcends any other human being's right. We are talking about abortion. Only one human being involved.

And if the only reason is so that the woman can go on a scheduled vacation without being pregnant at the time, well, that is HER choice to make, not yours. You do not get a vote on the matter, it is strictly between her and her doctor.

And as far as the size of the fetus in the movie, as has been stated REPEATEDLY, it is being compared to the doctor's finger.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#229481 Apr 19, 2013
Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
seems to be a growing movement again. there is one female on topix with a san antonia tx as her 'place' who wants all folks with autism, especially aspies to be sterilized. due to her feeling that folks on the spectrum are somehow sub-human.
as well as various court cases are popping up about it. and not just in the USA & China.
in fact a set of parents won a court case to have their daughter sterilized.
http://digitaljournal.com/article/288852 An Australian couple has won the right to have their severely disabled 11-year-old daughter sterilized.
http://www.minotdailynews.com/page/blogs.deta... January 18, 2012
...A judge in Massachusetts ordered that a pregnant woman with bipolar disorder and schizophrenia have an abortion against her will and be sterilized at the same time.
the second letter down is the one in this link: http://www.uexpress.com/printable/print.html... We were over at a friend's house for dinner when my best friend noticed the mark. She then proceeded to tell me I should consider getting Jasper "fixed." At first, I wasn't sure I'd heard her correctly, so I asked her to repeat it. I am shocked that she thinks I should have my son sterilized.
....Jasper is diagnosed with ADD and Asperger's syndrome.
IMHO sterilizations should be done only to a person if they want and or agree to it.
I would offer up one slight modification to the list: if a person is not competent AND a pregnancy would endanger their life, then sterilization would be reasonable. Otherwise, no.

Aussie and ADD? That is hardly grounds for sterilization. Treatment, diet and (maybe) drugs can do wonders to mask the symptoms.
Angel1976

Rockford, MI

#229482 Apr 19, 2013
Life is Precious wrote:
<quoted text>They sure are and deserve a right to be born and be somebody terrific.
Yes they sure are. And like you said abortion does stop a beating heart!!! I am totally against abortion and I thank God every day for the ability to talk to others who are like me and who have kids that are like me because it gives them hope!!!!

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#229483 Apr 19, 2013
AriaJames wrote:
<quoted text>
And of course, the Christians claim that they live by the NT. However, they like to pick and choose from the OT when it's convenient to their cause/agenda/hate/bigotry.. the list goes on. My brother is a born again Christian of the worst kind. Tries to get me to read the gibberish. After some inner debate on whether I should stand for what I believe in or hurt his feelings, I went with my truth. Six pages later, I told him what I believed in and what I didn't. I'm waiting on a reply, which I'm sure it's gonna be filled with lots of verses.
your brother in a way sounds like mine.
but my brother made our mom cry one time because he ripped her beliefs in various subjects. mainly the Bible. hers in his opinion, was not good enough. part of it is how he did it in tearing hers down. when he try to interrogate me on mine. I did a side stepping. not telling him the whole truth.
was not the only time he ripped into her. when I kicked out my exhusband and then turned him over to the Feds. then started divorce proceedings. him, his wife, and our dad reamed my mom out for her not wanting to force me to move back home, like they wanted to do. they all called her a 'unnatural' mother. thing is, I was 36 at the time.
Angel1976

Rockford, MI

#229484 Apr 19, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>So, because you "had" to have one, you believe EVERY woman should "have" to have one, if she doesn't presently want children? Here's a clue: hysterectomy is not an elective procedure.
<quoted text>You really are some kinda freakin' anomaly - or a pathological liar.
<quoted text>If the surgeon who performed this major surgery on you, failed to educate you as to the possible, and probable, side effects of having had a total hysterectomy, that surgeon is guilty of malpractice, and you have grounds for a very lucrative lawsuit.
Below, is a link to a website which details just a few of the complications and side-effects which are documented in many women following the complete removal of their reproductive systems.
http://www.health.ny.gov/community/adults/wom...
I seriously doubt you've had this procedure performed on you.
I'm going with 'pathological liar'.
You're busted, babe.
I will have you know that I did in fact have a total hysterectomy and have had no problems whatsoever and I am not a pathological liar either. I know the truth and so does God. He granted me the ability to educate others in things such as FAS. So now who is the dumb one surely not me.
LightForce

Warren, MI

#229485 Apr 19, 2013
Expert in all Things wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay so the rape and torture of children is OKAY for people that apply subjective morals, right?
One of the ways to spot if somebody is trying to cover up for a false premise, or an error in reasoning is that they will contradict themselves. She hasn’t been quite as clever as some on here at being able to disguise it. The typical pattern is that now in order to avoid being discovered by contradicting herself, she will need to answer this either with a “red herring”, or yet another fallacy such as “appealing to the law” in an effort to cover up her original one. Then again, if she reads this she may alter her normal pattern or even not respond at all.
LightForce

Warren, MI

#229486 Apr 19, 2013
Angel1976 wrote:
<quoted text>
I will have you know that I did in fact have a total hysterectomy and have had no problems whatsoever and I am not a pathological liar either. I know the truth and so does God. He granted me the ability to educate others in things such as FAS. So now who is the dumb one surely not me.
You are the one who is telling the truth, and she should know that too. Why she may not is beyond me.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#229487 Apr 19, 2013
Angel1976 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a stone liar.

And you've managed to convince me you're stupid into the bargain.

Your rock is calling.

Location hidden

#229488 Apr 19, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one who is telling the truth, and she should know that too. Why she may not is beyond me.
She wouldn't know truth if it bit her - which it has. You're the only one encouraging this crazy broad. Why both of you are still here, is beyond me. But then, I don't get my jollies by lying to strangers.

You two deserve each other.
Angel1976

Rockford, MI

#229489 Apr 19, 2013
<quoted text>You're a stone liar.
And you've managed to convince me you're stupid into the bargain.
Your rock is calling.
No thanks, I don't want to move in with you.
Angel1976

Rockford, MI

#229490 Apr 19, 2013
<quoted text> She wouldn't know truth if it bit her - which it has. You're the only one encouraging this crazy broad. Why both of you are still here, is beyond me. But then, I don't get my jollies by lying to strangers.
I am not the one who is crazy you are! I know that truth and it is that you can't handle the truth sorry about your luck!!
LightForce

Warren, MI

#229491 Apr 19, 2013
<quoted text> She wouldn't know truth if it bit her - which it has. You're the only one encouraging this crazy broad. Why both of you are still here, is beyond me. But then, I don't get my jollies by lying to strangers.
She only seems crazy to you because she knows the difference between what is right and wrong. Doing the right thing might sound crazy to some people, but I think that it is an admirable trait in a person.

Sorry Angel, I know you don't need my help. When I see comments like this though, I feel like I have to try and turn the person around so they don't keep hitting their head on the wall.
Angel1976

Rockford, MI

#229492 Apr 19, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
She only seems crazy to you because she knows the difference between what is right and wrong. Doing the right thing might sound crazy to some people, but I think that it is an admirable trait in a person.
Sorry Angel, I know you don't need my help. When I see comments like this though, I feel like I have to try and turn the person around so they don't keep hitting their head on the wall.
I am trying to pick myself up off the floor from laughing to hard. I needed a good chuckle. Thank you.
Angel1976

Rockford, MI

#229493 Apr 19, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
A. Once again, I don't believe you.
B. So you had a hysterectomy and didn't experience menopause which is EVERY female body's reaction to no longer having estrogen? Hmm...further illustrates why nothing you say is very believable.
C. As you say, you "had" to have a hysterectomy. That's why they're performed because women HAVE to have them. If you think they're a response to not wanting to get pregnant, you apparently have a lot to learn in this life.
I know quite a few women who have had a hysterectomy because they didn't want to have kids. So don't sit there and tell me that I am lying or stupid or dumb. I do know what I am talking about. Not every women goes into menopause after having a hysterectomy.
Angel1976

Rockford, MI

#229494 Apr 19, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh gee I hope that she doesn't hit her head to hard she might think that she's Ella too!

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#229495 Apr 20, 2013
Angel1976 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they sure are. And like you said abortion does stop a beating heart!!! I am totally against abortion and I thank God every day for the ability to talk to others who are like me and who have kids that are like me because it gives them hope!!!!
It sure does Angel
Ocean56

AOL

#229496 Apr 20, 2013
There is an anti-choice myth that says "mothers never regret having their children." As the post below clearly demonstrates, that is so NOT TRUE.

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/694465/I...

I hate motherhood

Jan. 11, 2008 at 1:10am

by Beba2m

"Why is it that we are conned into thinking that motherhood is a blissful, satisfying, and rewarding blessing? I attend a mothers group for young mothers and the other day one of the social workers asked..."Who hates being a mom?" Everyone looked at each other as if they were afraid of the question and that admitting to it is a mortal sin. My hand shot up. After a year of being a mother I can't hate it more. It just prevents me being truly happy. I know some women out there have invested time and money into having a child and think its the most glorious and officious thing in the world. But I think that from little girls we are brain washed into thinking that being a mother is what our duty is. Its evident by the toys marketed towards girls: baby dolls that poop and pee with their carriages, little tiny kitchens, even vacuum and broom sets. JESUS!

Needless to say my pregnancy was unplanned and unwanted. I was 21, unmarried, and still in college with hopes of attending medical school. I dreaded being pregnant and the permanent scars it would leave on my already flawed body. I thought that once I had the baby I would love being a mother and a wife. The truth is I hate it. I couldn't love my child anymore, his smile touches a part of my heart that no one else can, but I don't like being his mother.

It is just a burden I don't want to deal with at this point of my life. The feeding, the changing, the constant neediness, which I know will perpetuate until the day I die. I decided to breastfeed him and still do and regret every day I decided to do this. It has been 14mo since he was born and I still have no ownership of my body. I have tried to ween him, but he become unbearable.

Before having him I was a straight A student, active in school, and I held up to two jobs. Now its seems I can't get my shit straight. My grades would be more that satisfactory for other students, but they just don't cut it for me. I feel like I have to choose between my dreams, and being a good mother, which isn't fair.

I have all the love and support from my husband, but its not enough because I feel like a failure, like I've failed myself. All these emotions have just turned into anger, and its just boiling inside of me because its turned into hate. I can't control my anger anymore. I can't stand being alone all day with my son. He wants to be all over me and all I want is my space. I try to play with him, but I'd rather be elsewhere. I feel like I have to give and give and give, but in return nothing.

To make things worse, I'm totally isolated. My mother lives in an other state. All my friends graduated 2 years ago and moved on with their lives. I have no friends I can relate to, even when I'm at school. I just feel thrusted into a position where I had no say, and I was pushed into it "because it was the right thing to do". Now I'm filled with regrets, morn the loss of the life and the person that I was (which I really liked) and feel all alone in life. I hate being a mother. I hate my life. Most of all I hate what I've become. "
Ocean56

AOL

#229497 Apr 20, 2013
For the anti-choicers who will no doubt say that is just ONE story, here is another one from a woman who also wishes she hadn't become a mother. And there are MANY more like it.

http://www.secret-confessions.com/hate/hate-b...

Jessica says:

August 20, 2011 at 3:49 am

Hey… you’re not a horrible person. Atleast you don’t have five little brats to deal with. Don’t get me wrong, I love my kids to pieces, but I, like you, wish I wasn’t a mother either. I wish I never got married, and I wish I had the freedom that I had before I had all these little ungrateful rugrats. And on top of that, people judging my every move, and mistake that I make. Atleast you have someone supportive of you, yet is far away, though. My husband doesn’t support my damn feelings at all. I am about to just say **** it all, you can have the kids, but in my heart, I don’t wanna walk out of them out of guilt, knowing they need me too. I am so unhappy being a mom, though!

"What's my point in posting these stories" is probably what the anti-choice posters will ask. My point is a simple one; if a woman has ANY doubts about being a mother, or if she is a little ambivalent or unwilling to be one, she should not do it, no matter how many people may be PRESSURING her into motherhood.

Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#229499 Apr 20, 2013
I see you still are unable to refute anyone's arguments, your lack of skills are obvious.

So, let's take a look shall we?
<quoted text>You're a stone liar.
=call the opposition names.
<quoted text>And you've managed to convince me you're stupid into the bargain.
= question their intelligence.
<quoted text>Your rock is calling.
= finish it with mockery.

Did I get that about right?

Location hidden

#229501 Apr 20, 2013
Expert in all Things wrote:
I see you still are unable to refute anyone's arguments, your lack of skills are obvious.
So, let's take a look shall we?
<quoted text>=call the opposition names.
<quoted text>= question their intelligence.
<quoted text>= finish it with mockery.
Did I get that about right?
You might be able to convince yourself you had, if the above was all I had offered. Unfortunately for you, the above was the culmination of my many factually informative offerings, and her continued inability to offer anything but lies.

Which I have consistently refuted with facts.

Nice try though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min truth 550,943
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 min Innocent Holy dr ... 602,845
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min Dally Mama 753,739
If Muslim women were smart... 14 min Otto Von Hapsburg 2
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 15 min Hatti_Hollerand 4,338
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 31 min Remnant of 144000 38,904
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 32 min Trunketeer 4,840
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 50 min Dr_Zorderz 262,090
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 6 hr girls united states 173

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE