There is Everything Wrong with Abortion

Since: Mar 13

Clyde, TX

#229466 Apr 19, 2013
Haven't been here in a while. I see SKL is still at her best.:) Sadly, Lawest is still here quoting from some archaic book filled with hate and intolerance. She should read God is Not Great: Religion poisons everything... Take a look at the atrocities man has done in the name of gawd.
"Thou shalt not kill?" Gimme a break. At any rate, it's fun coming here and watching things develop.

“Becoming a better me!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#229468 Apr 19, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
What I mean is that morality is not a subjective opinion, which is what your premise was/is. Morality is always based on the moral rights of the person that you are inflicting your opinion upon. To put it another way, it may be my opinion that rape is OK, but the moral rights of the one being raped should take precedence over my opinion.
I do know your opinion regarding the rights of born children because you’ve already pointed it out to me. But not surprisingly, it seems that now you are stating a different opinion than the one you gave earlier. You’re about as flip-floppy as Sister Flippy.
Morality is totally subjective.

What is moral for me may not be for you. It is immoral for me to drink alcohol. It is not immoral for everyone else.

It is not immoral for me to live with my boyfriend, but it may be for someone else.

Morals are what is right and wrong for the individual.

If it is wrong for you to have an abortion, don't do so. But it wasn't wrong for me to do so.

“Becoming a better me!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#229469 Apr 19, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
What I mean is that morality is not a subjective opinion, which is what your premise was/is. Morality is always based on the moral rights of the person that you are inflicting your opinion upon. To put it another way, it may be my opinion that rape is OK, but the moral rights of the one being raped should take precedence over my opinion.
I do know your opinion regarding the rights of born children because you’ve already pointed it out to me. But not surprisingly, it seems that now you are stating a different opinion than the one you gave earlier. You’re about as flip-floppy as Sister Flippy.
Your reading comprehension skills need a great deal of work.

I may word things differently, but my inherent beliefs have not changed.

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#229470 Apr 19, 2013
AriaJames wrote:
Haven't been here in a while. I see SKL is still at her best.:) Sadly, Lawest is still here quoting from some archaic book filled with hate and intolerance. She should read God is Not Great: Religion poisons everything... Take a look at the atrocities man has done in the name of gawd.
"Thou shalt not kill?" Gimme a break. At any rate, it's fun coming here and watching things develop.
very true. especially in the OT there are dozens of commands on why to kill. in fact the OT is a bloody set of books on commands. like if even on person in a town is a non-believer. the person is to kill the entire population of that town.
and many of those folks when you tell them that. they claim that due to Jesus. the OT is invalid.
they keep forgetting one lil section of the bible where Jesus mentions about the OT and the commandments in it
Matthew 5:17-18
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Clyde, TX

#229471 Apr 19, 2013
Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
very true. especially in the OT there are dozens of commands on why to kill. in fact the OT is a bloody set of books on commands. like if even on person in a town is a non-believer. the person is to kill the entire population of that town.
and many of those folks when you tell them that. they claim that due to Jesus. the OT is invalid.
they keep forgetting one lil section of the bible where Jesus mentions about the OT and the commandments in it
Matthew 5:17-18
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
And of course, the Christians claim that they live by the NT. However, they like to pick and choose from the OT when it's convenient to their cause/agenda/hate/bigotry.. the list goes on. My brother is a born again Christian of the worst kind. Tries to get me to read the gibberish. After some inner debate on whether I should stand for what I believe in or hurt his feelings, I went with my truth. Six pages later, I told him what I believed in and what I didn't. I'm waiting on a reply, which I'm sure it's gonna be filled with lots of verses.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#229472 Apr 19, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
This one...this one is just like a combination of all the individual crazies that get on here and threaten us. I should've seen the god thing coming. It was just a matter of time. When all else fails in their arguments, they always resort to "you're gonna have to face god!"
Since 'god' is the ultimate abortionist, and apparently has a 'plan' that we're all obliged to follow, and (supposedly) these 'little babies' they're so obsessed with go straight to 'heaven', I've always had a hard time giving any credence to the "You're goin' ta hay-ul if you have a 'bortion," crap from a fetus worshiper.

Just never made sense to me.

If they have to resort to 'gawd', they've already lost their own argument.
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#229473 Apr 19, 2013
mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>
Morality is totally subjective.
What is moral for me may not be for you. It is immoral for me to drink alcohol. It is not immoral for everyone else.
It is not immoral for me to live with my boyfriend, but it may be for someone else.
Morals are what is right and wrong for the individual.
If it is wrong for you to have an abortion, don't do so. But it wasn't wrong for me to do so.
Okay so the rape and torture of children is OKAY for people that apply subjective morals, right?

Location hidden

#229474 Apr 19, 2013
Expert in all Things wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay so the rape and torture of children is OKAY for people that apply subjective morals, right?
Not if we catch 'em at it.

Unlike some folks, I'm not ashamed to say there are valid reasons to kill. In my book, that's one of them.
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#229475 Apr 19, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Not if we catch 'em at it.
Unlike some folks, I'm not ashamed to say there are valid reasons to kill. In my book, that's one of them.
But if morals are subjective, then it is up to the individual to chose what is right and wrong.
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#229476 Apr 19, 2013
I owe an "o". Keys are sticking.

Clyde, TX

#229477 Apr 19, 2013
Still trying to figure out the immorality of drinking alcohol versus the morality of living under the same roof with your boyfriend. That doesn't compute.

Location hidden

#229478 Apr 19, 2013
<quoted text>
But if morals are subjective, then it is up to the individual to chose what is right and wrong.
It's always up to the individual to choose what is right, and what is wrong. Society often disagrees with the individual, and legislates against what is generally agreed upon to be right and wrong. Regardless of penalty, however, it is the individual who decides for him or herself what he/she will or will not do.

Laws never stopped a crime - laws only define and punish it.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#229479 Apr 19, 2013
Angel1976 wrote:
<quoted text>
I had to have a hysterectomy three years ago and they took everything out and I have no health issues from that at all and I have never heard of any woman having issues because of it either.
That is just your ignorance. Women can and do have problems, sometimes serious problems. If you have not had any problems, consider yourself lucky.

#229480 Apr 19, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that your right to a medical procedure should transcend the right of another human being to live?
What does being legal have anything to do with your argument? Do you flip-flop every time the law changes?
I never said that self-defense is not justifiable. You continue to use this argument even when it involves only a small section of actual abortions. So we can probably drop this part of the discussion and focus on the real reasons for abortion, which are mainly as a means of birth control, and other various selfish reasons like being able to go on vacations, or not having to carry a stroller and baby at the same time. I didn’t make these up, these are actual reasons given here.
Just what are you comparing the size of the fetus in the video to? Did you think that King Kong in the movie was really 40 feet tall? I’ve been waiting, and will probably continue waiting for a long time for anybody to show me any evidence.
But we are not talking about a medical procedure that transcends any other human being's right. We are talking about abortion. Only one human being involved.

And if the only reason is so that the woman can go on a scheduled vacation without being pregnant at the time, well, that is HER choice to make, not yours. You do not get a vote on the matter, it is strictly between her and her doctor.

And as far as the size of the fetus in the movie, as has been stated REPEATEDLY, it is being compared to the doctor's finger.

#229481 Apr 19, 2013
Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
seems to be a growing movement again. there is one female on topix with a san antonia tx as her 'place' who wants all folks with autism, especially aspies to be sterilized. due to her feeling that folks on the spectrum are somehow sub-human.
as well as various court cases are popping up about it. and not just in the USA & China.
in fact a set of parents won a court case to have their daughter sterilized.
http://digitaljournal.com/article/288852 An Australian couple has won the right to have their severely disabled 11-year-old daughter sterilized.
http://www.minotdailynews.com/page/blogs.deta... January 18, 2012
...A judge in Massachusetts ordered that a pregnant woman with bipolar disorder and schizophrenia have an abortion against her will and be sterilized at the same time.
the second letter down is the one in this link: http://www.uexpress.com/printable/print.html... We were over at a friend's house for dinner when my best friend noticed the mark. She then proceeded to tell me I should consider getting Jasper "fixed." At first, I wasn't sure I'd heard her correctly, so I asked her to repeat it. I am shocked that she thinks I should have my son sterilized.
....Jasper is diagnosed with ADD and Asperger's syndrome.
IMHO sterilizations should be done only to a person if they want and or agree to it.
I would offer up one slight modification to the list: if a person is not competent AND a pregnancy would endanger their life, then sterilization would be reasonable. Otherwise, no.

Aussie and ADD? That is hardly grounds for sterilization. Treatment, diet and (maybe) drugs can do wonders to mask the symptoms.
Angel1976

Rockford, MI

#229482 Apr 19, 2013
Life is Precious wrote:
<quoted text>They sure are and deserve a right to be born and be somebody terrific.
Yes they sure are. And like you said abortion does stop a beating heart!!! I am totally against abortion and I thank God every day for the ability to talk to others who are like me and who have kids that are like me because it gives them hope!!!!

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#229483 Apr 19, 2013
AriaJames wrote:
<quoted text>
And of course, the Christians claim that they live by the NT. However, they like to pick and choose from the OT when it's convenient to their cause/agenda/hate/bigotry.. the list goes on. My brother is a born again Christian of the worst kind. Tries to get me to read the gibberish. After some inner debate on whether I should stand for what I believe in or hurt his feelings, I went with my truth. Six pages later, I told him what I believed in and what I didn't. I'm waiting on a reply, which I'm sure it's gonna be filled with lots of verses.
your brother in a way sounds like mine.
but my brother made our mom cry one time because he ripped her beliefs in various subjects. mainly the Bible. hers in his opinion, was not good enough. part of it is how he did it in tearing hers down. when he try to interrogate me on mine. I did a side stepping. not telling him the whole truth.
was not the only time he ripped into her. when I kicked out my exhusband and then turned him over to the Feds. then started divorce proceedings. him, his wife, and our dad reamed my mom out for her not wanting to force me to move back home, like they wanted to do. they all called her a 'unnatural' mother. thing is, I was 36 at the time.
Angel1976

Rockford, MI

#229484 Apr 19, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>So, because you "had" to have one, you believe EVERY woman should "have" to have one, if she doesn't presently want children? Here's a clue: hysterectomy is not an elective procedure.
<quoted text>You really are some kinda freakin' anomaly - or a pathological liar.
<quoted text>If the surgeon who performed this major surgery on you, failed to educate you as to the possible, and probable, side effects of having had a total hysterectomy, that surgeon is guilty of malpractice, and you have grounds for a very lucrative lawsuit.
Below, is a link to a website which details just a few of the complications and side-effects which are documented in many women following the complete removal of their reproductive systems.
http://www.health.ny.gov/community/adults/wom...
I seriously doubt you've had this procedure performed on you.
I'm going with 'pathological liar'.
You're busted, babe.
I will have you know that I did in fact have a total hysterectomy and have had no problems whatsoever and I am not a pathological liar either. I know the truth and so does God. He granted me the ability to educate others in things such as FAS. So now who is the dumb one surely not me.
LightForce

Warren, MI

#229485 Apr 19, 2013
<quoted text>
One of the ways to spot if somebody is trying to cover up for a false premise, or an error in reasoning is that they will contradict themselves. She hasn’t been quite as clever as some on here at being able to disguise it. The typical pattern is that now in order to avoid being discovered by contradicting herself, she will need to answer this either with a “red herring”, or yet another fallacy such as “appealing to the law” in an effort to cover up her original one. Then again, if she reads this she may alter her normal pattern or even not respond at all.
LightForce

Warren, MI

#229486 Apr 19, 2013
Angel1976 wrote:
<quoted text>
I will have you know that I did in fact have a total hysterectomy and have had no problems whatsoever and I am not a pathological liar either. I know the truth and so does God. He granted me the ability to educate others in things such as FAS. So now who is the dumb one surely not me.
You are the one who is telling the truth, and she should know that too. Why she may not is beyond me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Truth Buster 48,039
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Phooey 646,361
How do I own a forum? 11 min Norm 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 53 min VIKING 971,581
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 44,641
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 182,620
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr WelbyMD 281,224
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr Rosa_Winkel 105,548
More from around the web