“Becoming a better me!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#229375 Apr 18, 2013
Angel1976 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if the woman didn't want a baby she should not have gotten pregnant in the first place. The baby never asked to be born. Haven't these women heard of BIRTH CONTROL? Hmm let's see NO.
Are you really so ignorant as to believe birth control never fails? That even surgical birth control fails?

I never asked to be born either. I didn't have a choice in being born. NO ONE DOES.

That is the STUPIDEST argument EVER!
Ocean56

AOL

#229376 Apr 18, 2013
Angel1976 wrote:
That is because most of the time they are not taking it the way that they should be. Not to mention there are other types of birth control that I do know. Have your tubes tied if YOU DO NOT WANT A CHILD!!!
Oh PLEASE, what utter nonsense. ALL methods of birth control can and DO fail occasionally, as NO method is 100% guaranteed to prevent unwanted pregnancy.

Furthermore, it is not as easy for a woman to have a tubal ligation done as you would like everyone to believe. Many doctors don't want to perform them on women who are younger than 30 and if they haven't had any children, even when a woman makes it very clear she NEVER wants children.

In any case, NO woman has to have surgery to avoid unwanted pregnancy just because YOU say she "should." I'm DONE with the whole procreation thing, and I'll use my current form of BC, which -- thankfully -- hasn't let me down so far. I'm very grateful for having it, as it has kept me pregnancy-FREE the last 15+ years. For me, PREGNANCY SUCKS, and I so love NOT being pregnant.
Angel1976

Rockford, MI

#229382 Apr 18, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh PLEASE, what utter nonsense. ALL methods of birth control can and DO fail occasionally, as NO method is 100% guaranteed to prevent unwanted pregnancy.
Furthermore, it is not as easy for a woman to have a tubal ligation done as you would like everyone to believe. Many doctors don't want to perform them on women who are younger than 30 and if they haven't had any children, even when a woman makes it very clear she NEVER wants children.
In any case, NO woman has to have surgery to avoid unwanted pregnancy just because YOU say she "should." I'm DONE with the whole procreation thing, and I'll use my current form of BC, which -- thankfully -- hasn't let me down so far. I'm very grateful for having it, as it has kept me pregnancy-FREE the last 15+ years. For me, PREGNANCY SUCKS, and I so love NOT being pregnant.
What sort of birth control do you use? Abortion? Well that just isn't right. Crossing you're legs is full proof and so is just saying NO. Another thing that is full proof would be having a hysterectomy.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Angel1976

Rockford, MI

#229383 Apr 18, 2013
mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really so ignorant as to believe birth control never fails? That even surgical birth control fails?
I never asked to be born either. I didn't have a choice in being born. NO ONE DOES.
That is the STUPIDEST argument EVER!
There is such a thing as having a hysterectomy for those of you out there who do not want to have children.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#229386 Apr 18, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
When I speak about the rights of the preborn, Iím not talking about the rights to medical choices for women. If you still donít understand my position, we can go over it again if you like. Your posts concerning this have no validity until you stop equating medical choices with the choice to murder.
I saw the video and the fetus, now what? I think that your own self-interests may be getting in the way of your ability to see it objectively.
Abortion is not 'a choice to murder'. It is a legal medical procedure, available as treatment for unwanted pregnancy.
Your point has no validity, as long as you insist on conflating self-defense with murder. They are two different things. I think your fetus worship may be getting in the way of your common sense.

If you saw the video and the fetus, and you have access to a standard tape measure, you know damn good and well that fetus is not 1.5 inches long. At the very least, it's about 7 inches long. No 11 week human fetus, is 7 inches long.
Read a biology text, and get back to me.

If the so-called 'pro-life' crowd wants to make a point, its go-to strategy is ALWAYS exaggeration, hyperbole, and speculation, in place of simple facts, applied logic, and research.

Probably because the facts, logic, and research don't conform to your rose-colored-glasses view of human REALITY.

If you disagree with abortion....DON'T HAVE ONE.

Why is that so very hard for you fetus worshippers to understand??

Location hidden

#229391 Apr 18, 2013
Angel1976 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is such a thing as having a hysterectomy for those of you out there who do not want to have children.
Tell you what, hon - you can get your works cut out ANYTIME you want to - IF you can find a doctor who will do it, without a diagnosis of uterine, fallopian tube AND ovary dysfunction or disease.

I'd just as soon not.

There is such a thing as minding your own damn business, if you don't want the state to mind it for you.

Be careful what you wish for - your reproductive choices may be on the chopping block next.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

#229395 Apr 18, 2013
Expert in all Things wrote:
<quoted text>
What percent of abortion accounts for rape victims?
higher than what you think when you take into account the fetuses that were conceived during date rapes, or when a husband rapes his wife.

yes it does happen.

then there are the rapes and conceptions that happen at frat parties. when the victim is passed out. of course you probably think the victim deserves to get raped and knocked up right!

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#229396 Apr 18, 2013
Angel1976 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if the woman didn't want a baby she should not have gotten pregnant in the first place. The baby never asked to be born. Haven't these women heard of BIRTH CONTROL? Hmm let's see NO.
all birth control, including surgical birth control fails.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#229397 Apr 18, 2013
Angel1976 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is because most of the time they are not taking it the way that they should be. Not to mention there are other types of birth control that I do know. Have your tubes tied if YOU DO NOT WANT A CHILD!!!
after my last pregnancy that almost killed me.....lost one of the twins i was carrying and almost lost the other one........i had my tubes tied.

i got pregnant twice after that. i had miscarriages both times.

and yes they were both wanted.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#229398 Apr 18, 2013
Angel1976 wrote:
<quoted text>
What sort of birth control do you use? Abortion? Well that just isn't right. Crossing you're legs is full proof and so is just saying NO. Another thing that is full proof would be having a hysterectomy.
for someone who tries to imply she is pretty smart, you really are dumb.......

sex is a basic human need/nature. one shouldn't have to stop having sex because you womb nazis say so.

yeah saying NO works, ask those who are victims of date rape.

and no doctor is going to do a hysterectomy because someone doesn't want to get pregnant.

even a vaginal hysterectomy is considered major surgery

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#229399 Apr 18, 2013
Angel1976 wrote:
<quoted text>
no there isn't. not reputable doctors at reputable hospitals.

and just because a woman doesn't want a child now, doesn't mean she won't later on.
Expert in all Things

Cottonwood, CA

#229400 Apr 18, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>To answer your last question first,'bro', I don't even know you. So no.
What I have a problem with,'bro', is your assertion that abortion is any of your business...you've been pregnant how many times, again??'Bro'?
I made no assertion, I just asked a question.
<quoted text>In answer to your other question, about 1.5% of abortions are 'attributed' to rape... but since 50% of rape doesn't get reported, that estimated percentage of abortions is automatically lower than the actual number.
Which brings up a rather interesting point:
If women must claim rape in order to get an abortion, the number of reported 'rapes' will skyrocket in proportion, and so will the number of wrongly incarcerated males.
Don't know about you, but that idea doesn't thrill me...
I would agree that will create more of a burden and could lead some to feel limited in options available and may lead to searching for a solution that would otherwise be more of a risk.

“Becoming a better me!”

Location hidden

#229402 Apr 18, 2013
Angel1976 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are really incredibly ignorant.

Doctors won't do a hysterectomy simply because they are asked. There has to be a medical reason for it. In fact, doctors can be censured for doing unnecessary hysterectomies.

It's also not always easy to get a tubal ligation done. a doctor refused to perform one on me when I was age 27.

If you don't want to have sex, that's your choice. It's a basic human need. Expecting women to go without sex is unreasonable, and downright cruel.

“Becoming a better me!”

Location hidden

#229403 Apr 18, 2013
Angel1976 wrote:
<quoted text>
Covered in a previous post.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Westerville, OH

#229404 Apr 18, 2013
Angel1976 wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, no. I'm not undergoing an invasive and expensive surgical procedure that btw is also NOT 100% EFFECTIVE.

Don't offer conjecture on things you do not know about. You don't know what most people do or don't do. You're speculating. I became pregnant twice while using birth control. And while I regret becoming pregnant despite the precautions I took, I am not and will never have my tubes tied.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Westerville, OH

#229405 Apr 18, 2013
Angel1976 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really that stupid that you think women can elect to have a hysterectomy? I mean, really. Do you honestly believe what you type?

No woman of consenting age should ever have to stop having sex because YOU don't like abortion. That is YOUR problem and YOUR problem only.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Westerville, OH

#229406 Apr 18, 2013
Angel1976 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just...pitifully stupid on this one. This is a first on here that I know of. Someone recommending an elective hysterectomy. It's almost funny.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#229407 Apr 18, 2013
Expert in all Things wrote:
<quoted text>I made no assertion, I just asked a question.
<quoted text>I would agree that will create more of a burden and could lead some to feel limited in options available and may lead to searching for a solution that would otherwise be more of a risk.
You made the assertion several posts ago, but not in the post to which I replied. That said, I offer my apologies for the bristling tone of my reply, as well as my appreciation for your calm one.

(After having read through the accusations of 'misandry' leveled at me by another poster, I've decided to be more cognizant of my sweeping generalizations, and your post here has reminded me not to be so damn snarky all the time. Thanks.)

But I'm not sure what the last paragraph of your post is trying to say.
Would you mind clarifying?

Thanks again.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Westerville, OH

#229408 Apr 18, 2013
<quoted text>Tell you what, hon - you can get your works cut out ANYTIME you want to - IF you can find a doctor who will do it, without a diagnosis of uterine, fallopian tube AND ovary dysfunction or disease.
I'd just as soon not.
There is such a thing as minding your own damn business, if you don't want the state to mind it for you.
Be careful what you wish for - your reproductive choices may be on the chopping block next.
For a long time, they were. I do believe the Nazis sterilized people who were afflicted with learning disorders and I think they even did it in this country as well for a very long time. So miss Angel here very well could've fallen into those categories of forced sterilization.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#229410 Apr 18, 2013
Angel1976 wrote:
<quoted text>
Haven't you heard of incest and rape? Hmm let's see LOL NOPE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Oxbow 558,693
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Hidingfromyou 773,186
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 min His Eminency dr S... 604,730
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 6 min Johnny 4,647
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min onemale 264,946
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 17 min HipGnosis 175,486
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 42 min AN NFL FAN 119,620