Life is Precious

South Bend, IN

#229329 Apr 18, 2013
mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep it up. I love it when you make comments about my weight. Shows how little you know about me.
I love watching you act even stupider and more ignorant than you already are.
And I love it when you make a total jackass out of yourself.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#229330 Apr 18, 2013
Expert in all Things wrote:
<quoted text>
Slow your roll, Sis. Rape victims were brought up in the discussion so I assumed that someone thought it did make a difference, so I'll leave that for them to answer your inquiry.
I am curious what percentage of abortions are attributed to rape, I didn't know so I asked.
So, you still have a problem with me?
To answer your last question first,'bro', I don't even know you. So no.
What I have a problem with,'bro', is your assertion that abortion is any of your business...you've been pregnant how many times, again??'Bro'?

In answer to your other question, about 1.5% of abortions are 'attributed' to rape... but since 50% of rape doesn't get reported, that estimated percentage of abortions is automatically lower than the actual number.

Which brings up a rather interesting point:
If women must claim rape in order to get an abortion, the number of reported 'rapes' will skyrocket in proportion, and so will the number of wrongly incarcerated males.

Don't know about you, but that idea doesn't thrill me...

“Becoming a better me!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#229331 Apr 18, 2013
Life is Precious wrote:
<quoted text>You have asked this same old tired question for years. Once she is pregnant she has a responsibility to that baby to take care of it in her womb and allow that baby to be born and be somebody.Respnsibility is the key word here.IMO. Once pregnant it is not just her body anymore. Pretty simple really.
That is YOUR OPINION. It is NOT fact.

And I will continue to ask it for more years in order to get people to THINK.

Women are far more than the contents of their uterus. They are not brood mares.

If she knows she cannot be the mother that child deserves, and knows she cannot give it up for adoption, she is being RESPONSIBLE by having an abortion.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Becoming a better me!”

Location hidden

#229332 Apr 18, 2013
Life is Precious wrote:
<quoted text>And I love it when you make a total jackass out of yourself.
Down the road.

Not across the street.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Westerville, OH

#229333 Apr 18, 2013
reagal wrote:
<quoted text>
You love to murder. I have no compassion for a monster like you. You are no different than the Newtown and Boston murderer. I bet you are an atheist.
Yep, cause all atheists are abhorrent people. Go back to your cave, troll. You sound like an awful person.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Westerville, OH

#229334 Apr 18, 2013
<quoted text>
What percent of abortion accounts for rape victims?
How can one ever know since many rapes go unreported and logically, any abortions affiliated with them. Don't be so daft.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Westerville, OH

#229335 Apr 18, 2013
Vera wrote:
<quoted text>
With those words, you summed up the mindset of all abortionists...
I wouldn't know. I haven't spoken to any abortionists. And I'm quite sure neither have you.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LightForce

Warren, MI

#229336 Apr 18, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>I've never blamed a man for any of my problems. That certainly doesn't prevent me from calling you out on the obvious fact that you loathe and despise women - whom you routinely castigate for making our own medical choices, when those choices don't conform to your morality.
My powers of observation are excellent. Have you watched the video??
You still haven't stated definitively whether or not you have ever seen the fetus you are bleating about.
When I speak about the rights of the preborn, I’m not talking about the rights to medical choices for women. If you still don’t understand my position, we can go over it again if you like. Your posts concerning this have no validity until you stop equating medical choices with the choice to murder.

I saw the video and the fetus, now what? I think that your own self-interests may be getting in the way of your ability to see it objectively.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LightForce

Warren, MI

#229337 Apr 18, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>In other words, some children deserve a good life, and some don't, depending on the wealth and choices of the parents.
You're Pro-life....?
Yeah, right.
Here you go again switching words around and then altering the original intent of their meaning.

The original intent of Ella’s comment obviously meant to help everybody involved have the necessities of life rather than to support the parent’s drug habit, which wouldn’t help anybody. That sounds reasonable to me.
LightForce

Warren, MI

#229338 Apr 18, 2013
mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>
If by "the right to live" you are referring to abortion, doesn't the woman who's pregnant have rights? Shouldn't she have the right to NOT have to risk her life to remain pregnant or give birth?
Why should she be forced to remain pregnant and give birth against her will?
You can’t just apply the term “rights” arbitrarily. Why should you have the right to kill your child? The child has a moral right to live which should always take precedence over any selfish right to kill the child.
LightForce

Warren, MI

#229339 Apr 18, 2013
<quoted text>
What percent of abortion accounts for rape victims?
The high estimate would be 1%. We know this for a fact because if there were any possibility at all it were any higher the pro-abortionists on here would be very quick to point it out.

“Becoming a better me!”

Location hidden

#229340 Apr 18, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
You can’t just apply the term “rights” arbitrarily. Why should you have the right to kill your child? The child has a moral right to live which should always take precedence over any selfish right to kill the child.
If someone is killing their child, please notify the police immediately. Killing a child is against the law and that person should be arrested.

You cannot say what is moral for someone else. If it is immoral for YOU to have an abortion, then don't have one. But you don't get to decide what is moral and what is not for anyone else.
LightForce

Warren, MI

#229341 Apr 18, 2013
mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>
If someone is killing their child, please notify the police immediately. Killing a child is against the law and that person should be arrested.
You cannot say what is moral for someone else. If it is immoral for YOU to have an abortion, then don't have one. But you don't get to decide what is moral and what is not for anyone else.
If we use your premise to solve our problems then that would mean we can do whatever we want, even if it means killing another person. You can't just change the meaning of "rights" when it comes to you as opposed to another individual. That would be a double standard which makes your whole argument invalid.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Westerville, OH

#229342 Apr 18, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
Says who? Says you? Says some other people? Seems that is an opinion. I think it's moral for a women to choose her own destiny. Why should your moral thinking override mine? The courts certainly don't say they should. Seems like your opinions on any moral rights is moot.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Westerville, OH

#229343 Apr 18, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
If we use your premise to solve our problems then that would mean we can do whatever we want, even if it means killing another person. You can't just change the meaning of "rights" when it comes to you as opposed to another individual. That would be a double standard which makes your whole argument invalid.
Not really. Because an early-term fetus has not been considered a person by anyone other than you pro-lifers.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

#229344 Apr 18, 2013
Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. We need to be the ones that make a difference in our society.
what kind of difference are you making right now, in your community, for the living breathing children that reside in your community?

do you volunteer at a boys/girls club? are you a big sister? do you volunteer to read to children at the local library? are you a foster parent?

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#229345 Apr 18, 2013
Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many women who cannot have children who would love to have the opportunity to raise a child.
You can also do your part by making a difference in your community. Helping the young, single-parent by babysitting, giving her a ride to the store or encouraging her to move forward in her education may not sound like a lot but to that young mom it is.
We can sit and dialog about the ill's of society but until we step out and begin to help those in need we will not see change.
please explain how adoption is the perfect answer.........yet hundreds of thousands of children [on any given day] are waiting to be adopted. and how thousands age out of the system everyday. having never been adopted.

encouraging a young single mom to move forwared in her education isn't going to do a heck of alot..........she needs affordable, reliable and safe daycare. she needs more than a one time ride to the store.

and why should another woman be a "broad mare" for an infertile female........against her will????

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#229346 Apr 18, 2013
Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
I spend everyday doing my part in my community as a volunteer in a variety of community outreaches. Educating our youth before they have children has always been a priority for me.
educate them where? how? what program?

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#229347 Apr 18, 2013
Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
In answer to your question, money and red tape. A pre-adoptive parent jumps through many hoops in the USA and even after they have the child and bond with them the law can take the child within a one year period if the biological parent changes their mind. So many opt to do foreign adoptions and are willing to accept a child with significant health issues, because the process is much quicker
and foreign governments work with the pre-adoptive. The average adoption takes less than 6 months.
**buzzer sounds**

wrong.

yes the adoption can take some time IF one is adopting a newborn.

i have friends that have adopted children. they are older children, with some emtional and learning delays. but once they filled out all the paper work and were approved, they had a child in their home in 90 days. and the adoption was completed less than a year later.

the biological parents had already given up parental rights.

and foreign adoptions take longer than 6 months. especially these days.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#229348 Apr 18, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
1. These women can't consider adopting one of the many older children currently in foster care and who don't have a home...WHY, exactly?
2. I prefer to help girls and young women by encouraging them to avoid all forms of sexual activity in middle and high school, as that too often leads to unwanted teen pregnancy/teen motherhood. It is MUCH easier for girls to complete all levels of their education and begin their jobs/careers when they DON'T have a baby as teenagers. And if some of these girls and young women decide they don't ever want to be mothers, that's fine too. The choice to be childfree is just as valid and responsible as the choice to be a mother.
ohio is on the verge of passing a law that will ban ANY AND ALL sex education in schools. including handing out condoms. if a teacher/school employee even mentions sex education or condoms or anything else related to the subject, the parents can sue the individual as well as the school district.

i predict a 1000% increase in teen pregnancies in ohio, as well as an increase in child abuse. not to mention a drop in education as the funds that would go to educating ohio children will now be used to pay lawsuits.

way to go backwards, ohio!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Cigar 558,979
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Tide with Beach 773,838
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 6 min Johnny 4,709
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 29 min DNF 96,725
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 51 min okimar 53,250
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 57 min HipGnosis 441,755
avandia 2014 (Jan '14) 1 hr Bunnie0306 219
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr HipGnosis 175,539
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr New Age Spiritual... 604,789
More from around the web