There is Everything Wrong with Abortion

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#228924 Apr 9, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh. You have to kill your child to be a parent?
That's pretty warped.
Nature is cruel.

You are a sadist.

And a liar,
and a moron,
and a troll.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#228925 Apr 9, 2013
Expert in all things wrote:
<quoted text>
So in your reply you acknowledge there are choices, as I said.
Next, I am in a forum, not a bedroom. Maybe people should keep the bedroom out of the public forum, ya think?
You first - you brought it up, opining on what you think another person's choices are, as regards their sexuality and reproduction.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#228926 Apr 9, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to pay all of my living expenses (and a modest amount for entertainments as well) then I would be happy to spend 8 hour a day on these boards just waiting for another chance to show you as a liar...
I probably already do.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#228927 Apr 9, 2013
Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in your world.
Next time, try reading for comprehension before you post.

Exodus 21:22 If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine.
21:23 And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life,
21:24 Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,
21:25 Burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.

"If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her..." So, the men cause the pregnant woman to abort the fetus.

"...and yet no mischief follow..." So, the fetus is a slowly drying wad of goo in the dust, but the woman herself was not harmed.

"...he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine." The woman just lost her fetus, aborted,(against her will even) so the husband gets to take them before the judge and he can be paid a few shekels for the loss of a potential child.

But if the WOMAN is hurt, THEN it becomes a serious matter!
"And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe."

Lost fetus = a few shekels, just as if a ox broke loose and damaged as field.
Injured woman = eye for an eye retribution for the injured person.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

#228928 Apr 9, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
And that's the meat of it. We'll never convince you. Even when presented with the facts, right from the source, you refuse to accept them. That's pure ignorance and stupidity on your part.
All it shows is you desire to keep your head in the sand. Anything that might disrupt your convenient belief that it's ok to kill unborn children is dismissed by your, regardless it's validity. In this one post you admit you're ignorant and choose to stay that way.
What "facts"? You have no facts.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Expert in all things

Cottonwood, CA

#228929 Apr 9, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>You first - you brought it up, opining on what you think another person's choices are, as regards their sexuality and reproduction.
Wrong! I simply responded to the claim that there was "no choice"

I stated there are choices and you confirmed that in your post.

#228930 Apr 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Wrong! I simply responded to the claim that there was "no choice"
I stated there are choices and you confirmed that in your post.
In her original post, she mentioned the use of birth control...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#228931 Apr 9, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm concerned when the favorite family past time is creating life then taking it.
Speaking of obsessed, you've been humping my leg.
U mad, bro?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Expert in all things

Cottonwood, CA

#228932 Apr 9, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
In her original post, she mentioned the use of birth control...
So it is looking as though everyone is agreeing with me that there are choices.

Thanks Liam...

“Ignore the trolls”

Since: Oct 08

Bath, UK

#228933 Apr 9, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
So the answer to that question was "no".
Thanks.
What a very stupid person you are. Must be depressing to be you - never mind, the only place you are a legend is in your own mind, which is probably just as well.

#228934 Apr 9, 2013
<quoted text>
So it is looking as though everyone is agreeing with me that there are choices.
Thanks Liam...
Yup. Birth control, abstinence, abortion, all are choices.

Location hidden

#228935 Apr 9, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. Birth control, abstinence, abortion, all are choices.
Gestation, too.
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#228936 Apr 9, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Gestation, too.
A toast to that~

http://media.tumblr.com/34ec148a65b25c69e2442...

Location hidden

#228937 Apr 9, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
What "facts"? You have no facts.
None that you're smart enough to understand, anyway.

The conversation is over your head.

Location hidden

#228938 Apr 9, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
What a very stupid person you are. Must be depressing to be you - never mind, the only place you are a legend is in your own mind, which is probably just as well.
A very compelling argument.

Your mom help you with it?

“Ignore the trolls”

Since: Oct 08

Bath, UK

#228940 Apr 10, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
A very compelling argument.
Your mom help you with it?
Don't judge all others by the necessary actions you have to take. Pity that between the two of you, you have yet to find a sustainable argument with supporting evidence.
Ocean56

AOL

#228941 Apr 10, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
First, your pregnancy IS our business. This was decided by the courts long ago.
Actually, goofy, NO woman's pregnancy is your business, unless it is your own. Since men can't get pregnant, women's pregnancies are none of your business. EACH woman will decide for HERSELF whether or not to continue a pregnancy, and whatever choice she makes, it is HERS alone.

Furthermore, you can make all the false claims to "compassion" you want, but I'm not buying any of them. As far as I'M concerned, the ONLY agenda the anti-choice side has is CONTROLLING WOMEN, which of course means controlling our sexual and reproductive decisions.
Ocean56

AOL

#228942 Apr 10, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
I laugh at people who think marriage is some kind of marker for achievement. I never was a "traditional" girl and always knew I would never marry...even in high school. I just don't need it. For others who want to marry, I celebrate right along with them, but for me, it's just not important. I've dated 2 guys in the last 12 years and both of them were divorced. After watching what they went through, I ESPECIALLY didn't want to get married...lol. Divorce is a nasty thing and it's so much easier to just "move on" when and if you decide you no longer want to be in the relationship. For me, it was no fuss, no muss and it was GREAT! No lawyers, no courts, no arguing. It also helped that he was in the Middle East and had no idea of my plans...lol.
Totally agree. Not all women want marriage OR children, and not marrying or having kids is a perfectly valid decision. A growing number of women are choosing to be both single AND childfree, which of course pisses off the anti-choice guys who want free housecleaning and cooking services.:-)

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#228943 Apr 10, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally agree. Not all women want marriage OR children, and not marrying or having kids is a perfectly valid decision. A growing number of women are choosing to be both single AND childfree, which of course pisses off the anti-choice guys who want free housecleaning and cooking services.:-)
Oh give me a break,are you kidding me?

“Becoming a better me!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#228944 Apr 10, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
Well we know that your opinion is irrelevant, but regardless of that fact, that's what I was asking for. What are you trying to hide?
I spent some time last night pondering your question.

Should a survivor of an abortion not only be allowed to live, but extraordinary means taken to help it live. Right?

Okay, so let's think about this. You stated "even if the mother doesn't want the infant to live." So...who will take care of this child? Chances are of it is a survivor of an abortion, it's around 20 weeks which the last time I read about it, gives it a less than 10% chance of surviving, and if it does, it's highly likely to have some profound health problems. Who's responsibility will it be? The chances aren't good it will be adopted. This little survivor has some major battles ahead of it and may need constant care. It's not only a major investment of money, but of time, energy, devotion, and possibly a full time job for two or more caregivers.

Again, it's much more than just "keep it alive." It's afterwards. It's not just the moment of conception or the moment it's born. It's a lifetime.

There are many variables here so there IS no cut and dried answer. I honestly cannot just say "yes" or "no" to this.

I agree with the poster who said "no abortions past the point of probably viability." My personal limit for an abortion FOR ME would be 12 weeks. I cannot speak for anyone else.

What you may not realize is that PRO-CHOICE means CHOICES:

The choice to have a child and raise it.
The choice to have a child and give it up for adoption.
The choice to terminate a pregnancy.

It covers ALL choices. Complete reproductive freedom. The ability to delay parenthood until one is completely ready to be a parent.

Imagine a society where every single child born is loved and wanted.

Isn't that far more appealing than a society where every child is born and many just exist...without love, nurturing, shelter, warmth, and the other things that make life worth living?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 2 min Johnny 3,596
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 3 min An NFL Fan 37,987
Play "end of the word" part 2 4 min andet1987 1,427
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min Praise Jesus 637,214
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 22 min RiccardoFire 44,102
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 27 min Joe Fortuna 4,738
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr NoStress4me 28,334
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr VIKING 968,670
More from around the web