There is Everything Wrong with Abortion

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#228894 Apr 9, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ dianne-lawrence/never-married- woman-threat-to-marriage_b_156 2185.html
Dianne Lawrence
THE REAL THREAT TO MARRIAGE
Posted: 6/04/2012
The religious conservatives have it wrong ... again. Gay marriage will not destroy the institute of marriage. How can people who want to get married end marriage?
In fact, gay men and women who crave marriage are the distraction, the front, the "beard" if you will for the real secret, pervasive threat to the Institute of Marriage ... childless, single, joyous, happy and free women who just can't get worked up about getting married and who do not want children. And our numbers are growing. Nearly half of the population is single and 61 percent of them have never married.
I have been unmarried all my life (60 years) despite being attractive, bright, talented and accomplished. I've had a few men hover around aiming at my ever moving target, and I've had a few men who were too fast on their feet to fall over my extended foot. I had one man hint around about marriage, and the only response I could give him was "Think, man, THINK!"
(Skipping three paragraphs)
I am not against marriage. I know some wonderful unions where two people have lasted and are so well suited one couldn't imagine them with anyone else. In some cases one couldn't imagine anyone else putting up with either of them. I have also seen disastrous unions and placed bets at the wedding as to the number of years or even months it would last. I've seen wonderful unions that ended with the untimely death of the partner. I like the stories of "We knew we were right, right from the start" and they were right. Yet this "right for each other" never came my way. And if it did, I apparently didn't notice.
But contrary to what married folks want to believe, lack of children or husband has many rewards for an adventurous woman. Freedom is not just another word for nothing left to lose. I have had the enormous great fortune to have been able to pursue everything I've ever wanted to do and become the most full version of myself, something I hear gets lost for many women in the middle of endless husband and child demands. I do know that a family can have its rewards: Who can deny the benefits of protection, affection, support? But so many are a hotbed of tangled resentments, unspoken fears and complicated intrigues one can't deny that single isn't better or worse than being married: It's just different. Actually for some of us it seems to work exceedingly well. The secret is out.
This is just a blog from one woman,prolifers have been torn apart on this thread for putting links to blogs.
What makes you so special to think you can do this?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#228895 Apr 9, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Grunt56" is obviously one of those regressive imbeciles who thinks that any woman who isn't married has something "wrong" with her. That kind of idiotic "thinking" was common in the 1950's and 1960's, and some of these morons can't get past that point.
Unfortunately for all women, there are still plenty of backward-thinking guys who get married for primarily one reason; they're tired of doing their own housework (and too cheap to hire a maid service) and want a "little woman" to do it for free. Grunt definitely appears to be one of these losers. Why any woman would willingly marry a guy like him in the first place is beyond me.
No, I think that any woman who chooses not to marry and creates life with that man, then kills that life, has something wrong with her.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Ocean56

AOL

#228896 Apr 9, 2013
Life is Precious wrote:
This is just not true,prolifers are very concerned not only for the mother but also the baby.
prolifers believe the baby has a right to be born and be something in this world.
Every time a woman has sex with a man unless she has had a hysterectomy she should be prepared for a possible pregnancy.
You can make all the idiotic ANTI-CHOICE claims you want, you will never convince ME that the anti-choice movement is concerned with anything other than CONTROLLING WOMEN.

Speaking for myself, I do NOT want another pregnancy, and I take the necessary precautions to make sure I never get pregnant again. I'm very grateful for the availability of the contraception that has kept me pregnancy-FREE the last 15+ years. For me, PREGNANCY SUCKS, which is why I so love NOT being pregnant. However, all intelligent people know that NO birth control method is 100% guaranteed against unwanted pregnancy, and NO woman has to punish herself with lifetime celibacy because she doesn't want any (or more) children.

Bottom line; motherhood is OPTIONAL, not required, even if a pregnancy happens. A woman will choose to either continue the pregnancy or not to do so. If it isn't YOUR pregnancy, it isn't your decision. Simple as that.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#228897 Apr 9, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. And that's what makes the anti-choice extremists so angry; the fact that another woman's pregnancy will never be their business.
No matter how many times they claim to be "concerned" about the fetus, they make it so obvious that their REAL agenda is controlling women and our sexual/reproductive decisions. The dark days of the 19th century are GONE.
You can't make an argument by attributing false arguments to me.

First, your pregnancy IS our business. This was decided by the courts long ago. What's up for debate is WHEN your pregnancy becomes our business. That changes every year, giving the State more and more interest into the rights of the unborn child.

Second, we DO care about the mother as well. That's why I donate time and money to charity, soup kitchens, food banks, etc. That isn't the discussion, though. Those who think it's OK to kill unborn children try to shift the argument because it's easier for them. You can try to paint us as the "bad guys", when in reality we've done nothing wrong. We haven't created life we won't care for. We haven't made horrible life choices that have put us in bad positions. You're trying to make YOUR responsibility OUR responsibility. It just isn't.

We help out of compassion and sense of community, however we refuse to legislate forced help. That's just another form of wealth distribution.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Ocean56

AOL

#228898 Apr 9, 2013
Life is Precious wrote:
This is just a blog from one woman,prolifers have been torn apart on this thread for putting links to blogs.
What makes you so special to think you can do this?
Last time I checked, it isn't against Topix guidelines to post a link to a blog, and I haven't "torn apart" anti-choicers for doing so. I just skip over that nonsense, as I consider it a waste of my time.

I hardly consider posting a link to a blog "special," so your last question to me is quite ridiculous.

Location hidden

#228899 Apr 9, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can make all the idiotic ANTI-CHOICE claims you want, you will never convince ME that the anti-choice movement is concerned with anything other than CONTROLLING WOMEN.
Speaking for myself, I do NOT want another pregnancy, and I take the necessary precautions to make sure I never get pregnant again. I'm very grateful for the availability of the contraception that has kept me pregnancy-FREE the last 15+ years. For me, PREGNANCY SUCKS, which is why I so love NOT being pregnant. However, all intelligent people know that NO birth control method is 100% guaranteed against unwanted pregnancy, and NO woman has to punish herself with lifetime celibacy because she doesn't want any (or more) children.
Bottom line; motherhood is OPTIONAL, not required, even if a pregnancy happens. A woman will choose to either continue the pregnancy or not to do so. If it isn't YOUR pregnancy, it isn't your decision. Simple as that.
And that's the meat of it. We'll never convince you. Even when presented with the facts, right from the source, you refuse to accept them. That's pure ignorance and stupidity on your part.

All it shows is you desire to keep your head in the sand. Anything that might disrupt your convenient belief that it's ok to kill unborn children is dismissed by your, regardless it's validity. In this one post you admit you're ignorant and choose to stay that way.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#228900 Apr 9, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm concerned when the favorite family past time is creating life then taking it.
When my children were at the age of 'riding tricycles', our favorite family pastime was going to the library. When they became teenagers, it was Scrabble tournaments. Yours seems to be railing against women surviving to create and actually BEAR life, after having saved their own with a therapeutic abortion.(That is, when your 'family' goes back to their mother, I'm assuming. Although, it wouldn't surprise me if you sit in front of your computer the entire time you have with your children, and let the television babysit, while you piss and moan and tell outrageous lies like the one above, on an obscure forum, while telling yourself you're 'protecting' something other than your curdled sense of self-worth and superiority....)
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of obsessed, you've been humping my leg.
Be grateful - at least you're getting attention. It's all you're here for anyway.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#228901 Apr 9, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>When my children were at the age of 'riding tricycles', our favorite family pastime was going to the library. When they became teenagers, it was Scrabble tournaments. Yours seems to be railing against women surviving to create and actually BEAR life, after having saved their own with a therapeutic abortion.(That is, when your 'family' goes back to their mother, I'm assuming. Although, it wouldn't surprise me if you sit in front of your computer the entire time you have with your children, and let the television babysit, while you piss and moan and tell outrageous lies like the one above, on an obscure forum, while telling yourself you're 'protecting' something other than your curdled sense of self-worth and superiority....)
<quoted text>Be grateful - at least you're getting attention. It's all you're here for anyway.
Hey! Parenting advice from someone who killed part of her family and was left by the rest.

That's comedy gold.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#228902 Apr 9, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey! Parenting advice from someone who killed part of her family and was left by the rest.
That's comedy gold.
There's far more to being a parent than splurting into a vagina, or pushing a kid out of one.

But you wouldn't know anything about that.

Your stupid is showing.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#228903 Apr 9, 2013
And just to be clear, there was no advice included in my post, grunting. Just a little assumptive condemnation, and a bunch of disgust. If you took that as advice, you might want to consider why. That is, unless you'd just prefer to continue flinging spurious accusations, and condemning me back for staying alive.

I'll take bets on it being the latter.
It's not like you're a big fan of introspection, or anything.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Hightstown, NJ

#228904 Apr 9, 2013
Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
Your denial of the obvious is just incredible.
Okay then. As you said to MS above, your opinion is irrelevant.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#228905 Apr 9, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Grunt56" is obviously one of those regressive imbeciles who thinks that any woman who isn't married has something "wrong" with her. That kind of idiotic "thinking" was common in the 1950's and 1960's, and some of these morons can't get past that point.
Unfortunately for all women, there are still plenty of backward-thinking guys who get married for primarily one reason; they're tired of doing their own housework (and too cheap to hire a maid service) and want a "little woman" to do it for free. Grunt definitely appears to be one of these losers. Why any woman would willingly marry a guy like him in the first place is beyond me.
I laugh at people who think marriage is some kind of marker for achievement. I never was a "traditional" girl and always knew I would never marry...even in high school. I just don't need it. For others who want to marry, I celebrate right along with them, but for me, it's just not important. I've dated 2 guys in the last 12 years and both of them were divorced. After watching what they went through, I ESPECIALLY didn't want to get married...lol. Divorce is a nasty thing and it's so much easier to just "move on" when and if you decide you no longer want to be in the relationship. For me, it was no fuss, no muss and it was GREAT! No lawyers, no courts, no arguing. It also helped that he was in the Middle East and had no idea of my plans...lol.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#228906 Apr 9, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Troll troll trolling along
It's what you do. You present an argument, I destroy it, then several pages later you say "what argument"
Darling, need I remind you that it's been YOU who has dodged my question about how you would deal with a situation in which your wife was pregnant and was faced with a life-threatening complication that could only be relieved by an abortion?

When and if you ever want to answer that question and then bring up whatever argument you think you destroyed, you know where I'll be. Until then, it seems again like you're just a coward.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#228907 Apr 9, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I think that any woman who chooses not to marry and creates life with that man, then kills that life, has something wrong with her.
Seems you have no opinion on the fact that my ex was very in favor of abortion. Had nothing to say when I told you that if his daughter were to become pregnant he would "force" her to have an abortion so as not to ruin her life. Again, you prove that you're issues are largely against women. Just because you've been rejected by women doesn't mean all women are bad. In fact, I'd venture to say any woman who has left you was probably a genius.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

#228908 Apr 9, 2013
Life is Precious wrote:
<quoted text>........ How selfish can one person be?
alot of mental health professionals view suicide as selfish. just sayin......

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

#228909 Apr 9, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder what her child would be today, if she hadn't killed him.
maybe another psycho who got hold of guns and went to a school full of children and shot your pretend kids.....
maybe a drunk driver who killed your pretend wife and kids.

you know, those kids you didn't spend easter with, as you were on topix posting!!!!!!!!!!
Ella

Rockford, MI

#228910 Apr 9, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay then. As you said to MS above, your opinion is irrelevant.
"I" said to MS, I believe that was LightForce's comment. Maybe you should review posted pages first, and give it some thought before you type.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#228911 Apr 9, 2013
Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
"I" said to MS, I believe that was LightForce's comment. Maybe you should review posted pages first, and give it some thought before you type.
Mmmm...I'll give my posts about as much thought as the majority of you forced birthers do.

I stand by my statement.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#228912 Apr 9, 2013
I very much dislike Glenn Beck, but I had to post this because of his epiphany. For a right-wing extremist such as himself to say, "Who are we to say how people should live their lives" is just stunning.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/04/09/hell-...

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#228913 Apr 9, 2013
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/mate...

This made me think of a girl I helped last year with a paper she was working on. The topic of her paper was the maternal morbidity rate in the U.S. She herself almost died while giving birth and now has a permanent heart condition. If she has another child, she will more than likely die. Another good reason why abortion will remain an option. She's a single mother of a 4-year-old girl and while she may want to have more children, she realizes it's not worth risking her existing child's life. She takes all the precautions she can not to get pregnant, but she told me that if she does become pregnant again, she will not have a choice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Doctor Justice_ 880,424
Rajkot gay Topix (Feb '15) 20 min cool boy 237
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 21 min RiccardoFire 8,307
dental seo 22 min VerbatimMarketing 1
www.mygiftcardsite.com balance - Mygiftcardsite... (Dec '12) 42 min Claudianjr123 43
The Christian Atheist debate 45 min messianic114 3,991
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 58 min New Age Spiritual... 603,506
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Lyndi 177,899
More from around the web