Ocean56

AOL

#228816 Apr 8, 2013
Ella wrote:
If your knowledge of the abused women and women who have had abortions is limited to your comment, than I would have to agree that your “ignorance is bliss”. For over 23yrs.,I have counseled many women who have been physically, sexually, or ritualistically abused and women who have had abortions, the similarities are startling and staggering. There are many women out there that are physically and emotionally wounded, that go through life hiding behind their masks of deception praying no one will ever see the deep wounds they bear in their souls.
I wonder; what do you say to the fact that there are many women who DON'T regret having an abortion at all, but were just relieved the option was available to them? Here are stories from women who don't regret having an abortion. From reading some of their stories, I would say they regret GETTING pregnant in the first place.

http://www.imnotsorry.net
Ocean56

AOL

#228817 Apr 8, 2013
This might help girls see the difference between the two lifestyles of being a free teenager and being a teen mom BEFORE they make the mistake of having sex and possibly ending up pregnant.

If anyone can think of more benefits of lifestyle #1 or negatives of lifestyle #2, please go ahead and add them.

LIFESTYLE #1 - LIFE AS A FREE TEENAGER:
- Keeping up grades, studying, doing homework
- Participating in after-school activities
- Going to school dances and parties
- Relaxing during summer vacation
- Having fun at the junior or senior prom
- Graduating high school and attending after-graduation parties
- Moving on to college or vocational school with no restrictions

LIFSTYLE #2 - LIFE AS A TEEN MOM:
- Missing school, falling behind in classes
- Getting up two or three times at night to feed a baby
- Endless diaper changes, including stinky ones
- Losing friends who don't want to be around crying babies
- Staying home with a crying baby while friends are out having fun
- Missing high school graduation, or even having to drop out of school
- Losing out on the dream job/career originally planned

As a teenager who is happily NOT pregnant, which lifestyle do YOU want? Wouldn't you rather have the first lifestyle instead of the second?

You can keep Lifestyle #1 very easily, just by saying NO to any guy who pressures you to have sex. If your boyfriend says he'll break up with you if you won't have sex with him, don't cave in. Break up with HIM instead. You have the power to say NO; don't be afraid to use it.

Keeping your freedom to BE a teenager; there's no better reason to say no.
Sam

Missouri City, TX

#228818 Apr 8, 2013

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#228819 Apr 8, 2013
The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
Problem is, you never actually did link to your "source." Duh.
The problem is, you should read the thread again. I did.

Location hidden

#228820 Apr 8, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I'm one of the three percent.
I didn't find it at all convenient.
I found it terrifying, painful, and expensive.
And I find you utterly repugnant.
You're a liar. That's what you are.

Location hidden

#228821 Apr 8, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
It must suck being you. Alone and full of misguided rage that you feel the need to take it out on a woman who had to make such a decision. You're special breed of "bad."
Not as much as it must have sucked for the child you created as you snuffed his life.

Location hidden

#228822 Apr 8, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet here you are meddling in other people's personal lives. Quite the hypocrite. And thank you for proving my point.
In one response you say we should care for the less fortunate, in another you say we're meddling in personal lives. Shouldn't we advocate for children that can't speak for themselves? Is your position that we should let parents kill heir children, because advocating for them would be meddling?

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Hightstown, NJ

#228823 Apr 8, 2013
Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
If your knowledge of the abused women and women who have had abortions is limited to your comment, than I would have to agree that your “ignorance is bliss”. For over 23yrs.,I have counseled many women who have been physically, sexually, or ritualistically abused and women who have had abortions, the similarities are startling and staggering. There are many women out there that are physically and emotionally wounded, that go through life hiding behind their masks of deception praying no one will ever see the deep wounds they bear in their souls.
This is where people not knowing the context of a statement is being made comes into play and makes them look silly. Someone made a moral comparison between people being ALLOWED to beat their wives and women being allowed to have abortions. It had nothing to do with abused women having abortions or any comparison between the mental anguish a woman who has been abused may experience as compared with any mental anguish a woman who has had an abortion may experience.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#228824 Apr 8, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not as much as it must have sucked for the child you created as you snuffed his life.
I'm quite at ease with the decision I made. It doesn't matter if you approve, disapprove or even consider it. Your opinion isn't even remotely important to me. But if you think it's okay to badger a woman who has been in the situation between choosing between her own life and the life of her fetus, then obviously you're lacking some kind of moral code and any opinion you offer on any subject is moot.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#228825 Apr 8, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
In one response you say we should care for the less fortunate, in another you say we're meddling in personal lives. Shouldn't we advocate for children that can't speak for themselves? Is your position that we should let parents kill heir children, because advocating for them would be meddling?
If people are killing their children, that's obviously a very big problem. But no children are killed in an abortion. This has been repeated to you several times and any opinion on the matter is not going to change no matter how many times you say otherwise.

And more importantly, any personal decision I make concerning my body is none of your concern. It wasn't three years ago. It wasn't four months ago. It isn't today, it won't be tomorrow.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#228826 Apr 8, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
But at least you admit it does suck being you, even if you don't think it sucks as much as being me...lol. Thank you for at least one honest comment.

Location hidden

#228827 Apr 8, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
If people are killing their children, that's obviously a very big problem. But no children are killed in an abortion. This has been repeated to you several times and any opinion on the matter is not going to change no matter how many times you say otherwise.
And more importantly, any personal decision I make concerning my body is none of your concern. It wasn't three years ago. It wasn't four months ago. It isn't today, it won't be tomorrow.
You can keep repeating it, but it doesn't change the FACT that we're speaking of the same person, just at different stages of development. Your hang up on my use of the word "child" is akin to correcting me for calling an "infant" a "toddler". Same person, different stage of development.

It isn't your body that anyone is concerned with. It's the body you created. That has already been established to be our business.. The only thing being fought in the legislative and judicial systems is WHEN it becomes our business.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#228828 Apr 8, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can keep repeating it, but it doesn't change the FACT that we're speaking of the same person, just at different stages of development. Your hang up on my use of the word "child" is akin to correcting me for calling an "infant" a "toddler". Same person, different stage of development.
It isn't your body that anyone is concerned with. It's the body you created. That has already been established to be our business.. The only thing being fought in the legislative and judicial systems is WHEN it becomes our business.
But it isn't your business. No matter how many times you say it is. It never will be your business. Shrug. Don't like it? Not my problem. I never sought or desired your approval and I still don't. What you think or feel on the matter will never change any woman's decision.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#228829 Apr 8, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
But it isn't your business. No matter how many times you say it is. It never will be your business. Shrug. Don't like it? Not my problem. I never sought or desired your approval and I still don't. What you think or feel on the matter will never change any woman's decision.
And doesn't it just roll 'em over, and lay 'em out, with their little heels bouncing rhythmically against the floor, to know that, too...

One has to wonder what kind of time his 'kids' get, when he's here 24/7 railing against women's choices.

When my two were 'riding tricycles', I didn't have time for this sort of thing. I guess it's all a question of priorities.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#228830 Apr 8, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>And doesn't it just roll 'em over, and lay 'em out, with their little heels bouncing rhythmically against the floor, to know that, too...
One has to wonder what kind of time his 'kids' get, when he's here 24/7 railing against women's choices.
When my two were 'riding tricycles', I didn't have time for this sort of thing. I guess it's all a question of priorities.
Part-time dads have a lot of time on their hands and more than likely, the previous weekend was probably his "free" weekend.

I am sometimes amazed at how egotistical someone can be to think that his opinion matters to anyone other than himself. It gives me a great chuckle when these people also think abortion will ever end. If there ever comes a time when women can prevent unwanted pregnancy with all certainty, I'm all for it. Absolutely. I certainly took precautions and still became pregnant. I didn't plan either of my pregnancies. I've been on birth control since I was 18 years old and have always been responsible. Until December, I was with the same man for 7 years, so I'm not promiscuous either. But to put it bluntly, sh*t happens and you gotta do what you gotta do. But never a moment goes by that I don't feel that I made the right decision in both cases. I don't begrudge anyone for choosing to remain pregnant even in the face of adversity, but when it comes down to it, I wanted a better life for myself than being "stuck." Selfish? Maybe. But I could've been selfish in saying that I'm going to have a kid regardless of the financial and situational consequences. To me, personal responsibility includes making the tough, ugly decisions no one wants to make.
Ella

Rockford, MI

#228832 Apr 8, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder; what do you say to the fact that there are many women who DON'T regret having an abortion at all, but were just relieved the option was available to them? Here are stories from women who don't regret having an abortion. From reading some of their stories, I would say they regret GETTING pregnant in the first place.
http://www.imnotsorry.net
I did check out the website and I agree many had expressed regret for getting pregnant in the first place. Unfortunately many women live the fantasy of a carefree lifestyle until they do get pregnant and then they are faced with the reality of responsibility. I applaud you and your efforts in teaching our youth about "sexFree" living. Our youth are our future.

Since: Nov 12

Upper Marlboro, MD

#228833 Apr 8, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
That doesn't mean you aren't an idiot.
your an idiot and everyone agrees

Location hidden

#228834 Apr 8, 2013
zakinah wrote:
<quoted text>
your an idiot and everyone agrees
Your arguments are so compelling.

“Becoming a better me!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#228835 Apr 8, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Part-time dads have a lot of time on their hands and more than likely, the previous weekend was probably his "free" weekend.
I am sometimes amazed at how egotistical someone can be to think that his opinion matters to anyone other than himself. It gives me a great chuckle when these people also think abortion will ever end. If there ever comes a time when women can prevent unwanted pregnancy with all certainty, I'm all for it. Absolutely. I certainly took precautions and still became pregnant. I didn't plan either of my pregnancies. I've been on birth control since I was 18 years old and have always been responsible. Until December, I was with the same man for 7 years, so I'm not promiscuous either. But to put it bluntly, sh*t happens and you gotta do what you gotta do. But never a moment goes by that I don't feel that I made the right decision in both cases. I don't begrudge anyone for choosing to remain pregnant even in the face of adversity, but when it comes down to it, I wanted a better life for myself than being "stuck." Selfish? Maybe. But I could've been selfish in saying that I'm going to have a kid regardless of the financial and situational consequences. To me, personal responsibility includes making the tough, ugly decisions no one wants to make.
Agreed. As for those who disagree with your decision, it's far easier to sit behind a computer and make decisions about raising a child than it is to do it in the situation.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#228836 Apr 8, 2013
mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. As for those who disagree with your decision, it's far easier to sit behind a computer and make decisions about raising a child than it is to do it in the situation.
100% FACT. In my case, I would have been alone and without a support system. I lived 6 hours away from my family, my now ex was leaving for a year in Kuwait which means I would have gone through all of it - pregnancy, delivery and raising a baby - all by myself. And some women do it. They often at least have friends or family nearby, but I was new to the area and didn't have anyone to lean on. I'd love to know how I should carry a baby, a stroller, groceries and everything else up and down the stairs to my condo. I wouldn't want to leave the baby alone in the car or the apartment - that's dangerous. Moving at the time wouldn't have been an option because if I quit my job, I would've lost insurance, thus forcing me to go on some type of welfare. I was facing an extremely uphill battle in my case and I made the best decision for my life. Because at the end of the day, guess what? No one has to live that life except for me. So for anyone to sit in judgment, I don't give two thoughts because no one can say, "Oh you could've done this" or "you could've done that" and know with any amount of certainty that anything would have panned out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who would like Darwins Theory of Evolution take... (Dec '10) 9 min ChristineM 48,263
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min hojo 559,651
Hey guys..we are hiring boy for threesome sex.. 12 min myveryownjulia 2
does indian women likes to have mmf 3some?? 14 min myveryownjulia 2
getting wife to have a mmf threesome (Nov '13) 24 min myveryownjulia 4
How can I talk my wife into a 3 way with anothe... (Apr '08) 31 min myveryownjulia 155
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 41 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 775,696
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr ctsseo 605,054
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr who 265,195
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr Chris Clearwater 175,684
More from around the web