|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
(deleted hogwash)
Note: At the most about 1% of abortions are done because the woman's life is in danger, so that is essentially a non-argument.
Really? When MY life was nearly ended because of an ectopic pregnancy it was certainly not a non-argument. It was the only reason I had the abortion, because it was that or die.
Oh, and in case it escapes your limited scope of comprehension, if *I* had died, the foetus would have died along with me. So what good would it have done to have refused the surgery?
Fool.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as the rights of another person are being violated, it is the responsibility of everybody to make it their business.
Wads of goo are not persons. They are insensate wads of goo.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Life is Precious wrote:
<quoted text>Alive
Not necessarily. The pregnancy might not have come to term even if she'd wanted it and had tried to bring it to term.
You're just a lying pile of waste Lippy, why haven't you dragged that dead daughter of yours out for sympathy yet?

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure you can. You've killed life you created as well. Same thing, just at a different point in the child's life.
Not really.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>
When it starting referring to people as "retarded" that was it for me. I have zero tolerance for slurs like that.
One of our former posters has a son who is developmentally delayed. She's raked several posters over the coals for using a derogatory term like that.
In my opinion, that's no different than a racial epithet.
I was thinking of her while reading those posts. That's just not a word that anyone should tolerate. Shows how lacking in empathy and morals he is.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Coming from someone who thinks its ok o kill her hold, I'd say that's a compliment.
Again, you berate a woman who had to abort to save her life but have yet to offer how you'd deal with the situation differently. Something tells me you're seriously sick in the head. Not in a defamatory way, but really incapable of understanding what she had to go through. I'm sorry you have children. Must be why you only have them part time.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
Back again for more? How about you actually answer M's prompt? Or present some FACTS against the data from the Guttmacher Institute?
He's too afraid to answer my question. He knows he's wrong. He knows he's not even worthy of being called a human being when he tells a woman who was faced with a life or death situation that she's evil for having an abortion to save her life. He cares nothing about people. He seems to be a loser who just likes to call people names and argue without the benefit of a valid argument, reasoning or evidence. He's scum. And to some degree, he knows it.
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
He's too afraid to answer my question. He knows he's wrong. He knows he's not even worthy of being called a human being when he tells a woman who was faced with a life or death situation that she's evil for having an abortion to save her life. He cares nothing about people. He seems to be a loser who just likes to call people names and argue without the benefit of a valid argument, reasoning or evidence. He's scum. And to some degree, he knows it.
Odd that he argues for "human rights" when apparently a fully grown woman doesn't deserve the same kind of opportunities (s)he'd like to give to a fetus...it's not as though abortion is the only solution, but by god, it's insane how people like that are willing to strip other's rights without even considering that having open choices is essential for a functioning society.

Glad we're able to rip that argument to shreds...amazing what logic can do!
Ella

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>
I take it you are "pro-life"? That means, that you think every woman should give life. Correct?
Then THINK what "pro-abortion" is and consider if anyone believes that every single woman should have an abortion.
Iím asking for clarification on your position. Were my questions too difficult to warrant an answer?

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
Odd that he argues for "human rights" when apparently a fully grown woman doesn't deserve the same kind of opportunities (s)he'd like to give to a fetus...it's not as though abortion is the only solution, but by god, it's insane how people like that are willing to strip other's rights without even considering that having open choices is essential for a functioning society.
Glad we're able to rip that argument to shreds...amazing what logic can do!
This one doesn't understand logic...lol.

People are always under the assumption that a woman who opts for an abortion WANT to have an abortion. It's not something anyone WANTS to do, it's a decision that usually comes after a lot of soul-searching and determination to do the right thing.

I have spoken before on here about some of the children I have taken care of. Born addicted to cocaine, FAS, and left disfigured and basically brain dead for their entire lives. Living in an institution where there is not enough staff members to offer any real human contact or interaction. My friend is a psych ward nurse and at times has to go to the juvenile ward. She hates it. Most of the children there are a result of women who abused drugs and alcohol while pregnant. These kids are zombies. Some have colostomy bags because their organs did not fully form. Some are chronically ill and bed-ridden.

But hey, at least their mothers didn't have abortions, right? Cause that would be the real tragedy.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
Iím asking for clarification on your position. Were my questions too difficult to warrant an answer?
No one on this thread, MS included, advocates for late-term abortions. We realize there is a vast difference between a 9-mo-old fetus and a zygote.
Ella

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Every abortion is elective. There are laws against forcing women to abort a pregnancy for a reason.

I believe that abortion is necessarily a last resort for ANY pregnant woman whose fetus
a)threatens her life,
b)is severely/profoundly compromised, or
c)has died in utero.

This includes women in their THIRD trimester of pregnancy... but hey - usually that entails DELIVERY , not abortion.

So-called 'pro-lifers' know this, and yet, they choose to focus on those pregnancies which delivery would not save, and for which attempted delivery would result in the woman's death.

So far, the proposed "Personhood Legislation" has steadfastly dismissed the 'last resort' view, in favor of the 'let women die' view.

After all, we're just women.
We'll make more.

It's what we do.

Whom do you feel can make the decision in cases to abort the fetus in the last resort items a-c that you referenced?
Ella

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

No one on this thread, MS included, advocates for late-term abortions. We realize there is a vast difference between a 9-mo-old fetus and a zygote.

Tell me what the difference is?
Ella

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ella

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Every abortion is elective. There are laws against forcing women to abort a pregnancy for a reason.
I believe that abortion is necessarily a last resort for ANY pregnant woman whose fetus
a)threatens her life,
c)has died in utero.
This includes women in their THIRD trimester of pregnancy... but hey - usually that entails DELIVERY , not abortion.
So-called 'pro-lifers' know this, and yet, they choose to focus on those pregnancies which delivery would not save, and for which attempted delivery would result in the woman's death.
So far, the proposed "Personhood Legislation" has steadfastly dismissed the 'last resort' view, in favor of the 'let women die' view.
We'll make more.
It's what we do.
Whom do you feel can make the decision in cases to abort the fetus in the last resort items a-c that you referenced?
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
This one doesn't understand logic...lol.
People are always under the assumption that a woman who opts for an abortion WANT to have an abortion. It's not something anyone WANTS to do, it's a decision that usually comes after a lot of soul-searching and determination to do the right thing.
I have spoken before on here about some of the children I have taken care of. Born addicted to cocaine, FAS, and left disfigured and basically brain dead for their entire lives. Living in an institution where there is not enough staff members to offer any real human contact or interaction. My friend is a psych ward nurse and at times has to go to the juvenile ward. She hates it. Most of the children there are a result of women who abused drugs and alcohol while pregnant. These kids are zombies. Some have colostomy bags because their organs did not fully form. Some are chronically ill and bed-ridden.
But hey, at least their mothers didn't have abortions, right? Cause that would be the real tragedy.
"Pro life" people are ironically among the worst suited to understand the concept of truly respecting a life. Then these are the same people who don't want to help the poor and at risk children for "being leeches" and "clogging up the system." It's pathetic how they bitch and whine about fetuses having more rights than their mothers and yet scream bloody murder about how they're under no obligation to help after those fetuses develop into babies and are then born.

And they never give any sort of concrete reply as to what they think of sex ed, but I bet it's much too complex for them to imagine that their's more to sex and babies than just having them!

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Ella wrote:
Seriously? You don't know the difference between a zygote and a 9-month-old fetus? For starters, a nervous system. Fully developed organs. An ability to survive outside the womb.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
"Pro life" people are ironically among the worst suited to understand the concept of truly respecting a life. Then these are the same people who don't want to help the poor and at risk children for "being leeches" and "clogging up the system." It's pathetic how they bitch and whine about fetuses having more rights than their mothers and yet scream bloody murder about how they're under no obligation to help after those fetuses develop into babies and are then born.
And they never give any sort of concrete reply as to what they think of sex ed, but I bet it's much too complex for them to imagine that their's more to sex and babies than just having them!
You just described Grunt to a tee. I see women who keep having children they can't afford and wish they'd stop, but I'd rather my tax dollars go toward keeping those children healthy, fed and living in a warm place.

Did you see the college that recently banned students from passing out free contraception? It was a Catholic school. And while I believe they are free to make their own policies, you would think they'd prefer their students use contraception than get pregnant and have an abortion. These people are insane.
Sharkey

Sparks, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Death is a part of life, even the intentional death we call "murder".

We can argue till the end of our species, but the unfortunate reality is, due to the natural killing machines that we humans really are, things like abortion will continue to happen.

If anything is in a human's way - whether it's an already-born adult we want to shoot to death, or an unborn - we will get rid of it by any means necessary. It's all about resources and who has how much of what.

How many people can this planet hold, realistically, if there was no abortion?

Ironically, that would result in more deaths due to overpopulation and overcrowding.

The homosapien is a self-destructive species that will eventually make itself extinct anyway.

So why get into a big hallabalu about abortion? The whole human species is already in the grips of mass murder-suicide mode inspired by your religions, anyway, so what's the big deal?

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Ella wrote:
Every abortion is elective. There are laws against forcing women to abort a pregnancy for a reason.
a)threatens her life,
c)has died in utero.
We'll make more.
It's what we do.
I "feel" that the pregnant woman not only "can" but "should" be the one (and unless she's unconscious) the ONLY one, to make the decision of whether or not to attempt gestation.

Currently, the law agrees with me.

Who do YOU think it should be?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

596 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Word + 2 1 min Canine11 225
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min Stilgar Fifrawi 721,372
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 4 min Johnny 195
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min atemcowboy 532,991
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min gianni atheist infidel 115,340
INSTANT INCOME APP REVIEW : instantincomeapp.com 6 min dess71 1
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min Rosa_Winkel 224,375
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 18 min Dr_Zorderz 256,728
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 3 hr Miki 81
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••