Ella

Rockford, MI

#228732 Apr 6, 2013
No one on this thread, MS included, advocates for late-term abortions. We realize there is a vast difference between a 9-mo-old fetus and a zygote.

Tell me what the difference is?
Ella

Rockford, MI

#228733 Apr 6, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
No one on this thread, MS included, advocates for late-term abortions. We realize there is a vast difference between a 9-mo-old fetus and a zygote.
Ella

Rockford, MI

#228734 Apr 6, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Every abortion is elective. There are laws against forcing women to abort a pregnancy for a reason.
I believe that abortion is necessarily a last resort for ANY pregnant woman whose fetus
a)threatens her life,
b)is severely/profoundly compromised, or
c)has died in utero.
This includes women in their THIRD trimester of pregnancy... but hey - usually that entails DELIVERY , not abortion.
So-called 'pro-lifers' know this, and yet, they choose to focus on those pregnancies which delivery would not save, and for which attempted delivery would result in the woman's death.
So far, the proposed "Personhood Legislation" has steadfastly dismissed the 'last resort' view, in favor of the 'let women die' view.
After all, we're just women.
We'll make more.
It's what we do.
Whom do you feel can make the decision in cases to abort the fetus in the last resort items a-c that you referenced?
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#228735 Apr 6, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
This one doesn't understand logic...lol.
People are always under the assumption that a woman who opts for an abortion WANT to have an abortion. It's not something anyone WANTS to do, it's a decision that usually comes after a lot of soul-searching and determination to do the right thing.
I have spoken before on here about some of the children I have taken care of. Born addicted to cocaine, FAS, and left disfigured and basically brain dead for their entire lives. Living in an institution where there is not enough staff members to offer any real human contact or interaction. My friend is a psych ward nurse and at times has to go to the juvenile ward. She hates it. Most of the children there are a result of women who abused drugs and alcohol while pregnant. These kids are zombies. Some have colostomy bags because their organs did not fully form. Some are chronically ill and bed-ridden.
But hey, at least their mothers didn't have abortions, right? Cause that would be the real tragedy.
"Pro life" people are ironically among the worst suited to understand the concept of truly respecting a life. Then these are the same people who don't want to help the poor and at risk children for "being leeches" and "clogging up the system." It's pathetic how they bitch and whine about fetuses having more rights than their mothers and yet scream bloody murder about how they're under no obligation to help after those fetuses develop into babies and are then born.

And they never give any sort of concrete reply as to what they think of sex ed, but I bet it's much too complex for them to imagine that their's more to sex and babies than just having them!

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Westerville, OH

#228736 Apr 6, 2013
Ella wrote:
Seriously? You don't know the difference between a zygote and a 9-month-old fetus? For starters, a nervous system. Fully developed organs. An ability to survive outside the womb.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Westerville, OH

#228737 Apr 6, 2013
The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
"Pro life" people are ironically among the worst suited to understand the concept of truly respecting a life. Then these are the same people who don't want to help the poor and at risk children for "being leeches" and "clogging up the system." It's pathetic how they bitch and whine about fetuses having more rights than their mothers and yet scream bloody murder about how they're under no obligation to help after those fetuses develop into babies and are then born.
And they never give any sort of concrete reply as to what they think of sex ed, but I bet it's much too complex for them to imagine that their's more to sex and babies than just having them!
You just described Grunt to a tee. I see women who keep having children they can't afford and wish they'd stop, but I'd rather my tax dollars go toward keeping those children healthy, fed and living in a warm place.

Did you see the college that recently banned students from passing out free contraception? It was a Catholic school. And while I believe they are free to make their own policies, you would think they'd prefer their students use contraception than get pregnant and have an abortion. These people are insane.
Sharkey

Sparks, NV

#228738 Apr 6, 2013
Death is a part of life, even the intentional death we call "murder".

We can argue till the end of our species, but the unfortunate reality is, due to the natural killing machines that we humans really are, things like abortion will continue to happen.

If anything is in a human's way - whether it's an already-born adult we want to shoot to death, or an unborn - we will get rid of it by any means necessary. It's all about resources and who has how much of what.

How many people can this planet hold, realistically, if there was no abortion?

Ironically, that would result in more deaths due to overpopulation and overcrowding.

The homosapien is a self-destructive species that will eventually make itself extinct anyway.

So why get into a big hallabalu about abortion? The whole human species is already in the grips of mass murder-suicide mode inspired by your religions, anyway, so what's the big deal?

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#228739 Apr 7, 2013
Ella wrote:
Every abortion is elective. There are laws against forcing women to abort a pregnancy for a reason.
I believe that abortion is necessarily a last resort for ANY pregnant woman whose fetus
a)threatens her life,
b)is severely/profoundly compromised, or
c)has died in utero.
This includes women in their THIRD trimester of pregnancy... but hey - usually that entails DELIVERY , not abortion.
So-called 'pro-lifers' know this, and yet, they choose to focus on those pregnancies which delivery would not save, and for which attempted delivery would result in the woman's death.
So far, the proposed "Personhood Legislation" has steadfastly dismissed the 'last resort' view, in favor of the 'let women die' view.
After all, we're just women.
We'll make more.
It's what we do.
Whom do you feel can make the decision in cases to abort the fetus in the last resort items a-c that you referenced?
I "feel" that the pregnant woman not only "can" but "should" be the one (and unless she's unconscious) the ONLY one, to make the decision of whether or not to attempt gestation.

Currently, the law agrees with me.

Who do YOU think it should be?

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#228740 Apr 7, 2013
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>You have no evidence, and you still haven't answered questions put to you.
If your wife had an ectopic pregnancy, would you just let her die before allowing a therapeutic abortion performed?
(That is just supposing that the law would LET you deny her treatment she wanted, it would not)
Perhaps the reason grunty is so adamant that abortion is ALWAYS wrong, is that a pregnancy to which he was a party was aborted by the other party. He just can't get over the idea that she elected not to gestate, and that she isn't serving time for 'killing his baby'.

But that does assume he got close enough to a woman at some point to have impregnated her - which is unlikely.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#228741 Apr 7, 2013
<quoted text>Well, I can agree that I certainly don't care about you.
Or anything that isn't you.

Location hidden

#228742 Apr 7, 2013
The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying an iPad's smarter than you? Figured as much.
Right?

Location hidden

#228743 Apr 7, 2013
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>You have no evidence, and you still haven't answered questions put to you.
If your wife had an ectopic pregnancy, would you just let her die before allowing a therapeutic abortion performed?
(That is just supposing that the law would LET you deny her treatment she wanted, it would not)
Ignoring the evidence doesn't mean it isn't there.

Location hidden

#228744 Apr 7, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really.
Yes really.
Ella

Rockford, MI

#228745 Apr 7, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously? You don't know the difference between a zygote and a 9-month-old fetus? For starters, a nervous system. Fully developed organs. An ability to survive outside the womb.
I do know the difference between a zygote and a 9 month old fetus. So, in your opinion, abortion is ok as long as the nervous system/organs are not fully developed. This is where you may draw the line, but not all those who believe in abortion share your belief. Iíve read varied opinions on the matter. This is where the problem lies; everyone has a difference of opinion as to when an abortion is acceptable and when it is not. So what makes your opinion more valid than any other abortion rights advocate who does not share your beliefs on the matter?
Ella

Rockford, MI

#228746 Apr 7, 2013
<quoted text>I "feel" that the pregnant woman not only "can" but "should" be the one (and unless she's unconscious) the ONLY one, to make the decision of whether or not to attempt gestation.
Currently, the law agrees with me.
Who do YOU think it should be?
While man's law agrees with you there is a higher and greater law that does not.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#228747 Apr 7, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
And let's not forget,it has it's own DNA from the moment of conception.

Location hidden

#228748 Apr 7, 2013
Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
While man's law agrees with you there is a higher and greater law that does not.
There sure is!!!

Jesus Christ the son of God

Location hidden

#228749 Apr 7, 2013
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>Not necessarily. The pregnancy might not have come to term even if she'd wanted it and had tried to bring it to term.
You're just a lying pile of waste Lippy, why haven't you dragged that dead daughter of yours out for sympathy yet?
(((yawn)))
This shows what a cold hearted b*tch you really are. Wear that badge proudly NWmoon.

“Becoming a better me!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#228750 Apr 7, 2013
Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
Iím asking for clarification on your position. Were my questions too difficult to warrant an answer?
I'm not "pro-abortion." No one on here is "pro-abortion."

So none of us qualify to answer your question.

“Becoming a better me!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#228751 Apr 7, 2013
Life is Precious wrote:
<quoted text>And let's not forget,it has it's own DNA from the moment of conception.
What about it?

I haven't heard about a law that protects everything with DNA.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min ROCCO 738,786
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 4 min yon 3,072
Sexual Orientation is NOT a Choice 5 min andet1987 70
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 min Innocent Holy dr ... 601,019
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min KiMare 227,416
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 11 min andet1987 5,363
Word association game (Aug '08) 12 min Bev Jamison 53,299
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min Anthony MN 542,131
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr JudgeNJury 259,231
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 9 hr Chlo-chan 149
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••