Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#228715 Apr 6, 2013
zakinah wrote:
lets just say someone rape you have to be in a situation people always saying what they wouldn't do until they are in that situation. If I was raped, and became pregnant , you think I'm going to carry that baby for 9 months? no?
I would have, if my rape would have resulted in a pregnancy. That too would have been MY CHOICE. Nobody's business but my own.

Location hidden

#228716 Apr 6, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
You are now referring to a case in which the mother's life is in danger if the child is not killed. I'm not arguing that point. What I was saying is that morality is actually when you act in the interest of others, as opposed to your own self-interest. Therefore your comment does contradict itself because you stated that the self-interest of the mother is the moral thing to do, and is also in the best interest of the child. Hypothetically speaking, there might be a cause for concern if we knew for certain that the child were doomed to spend their entire life posting meaningless comments on Topix, but then we still can't say that the self-interest of the mother ever has anything to do with the morality of killing the preborn child.
Wads of goo are not children. You really are a foolish boy.

Location hidden

#228717 Apr 6, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
If a child dies at Planned Parenthood and nobody is there to see it, does that mean it never really happened? What I'm saying is that just because you don't know something, doesn't mean it's not true.
Where is your proof that there is a pro-abortion movement?
Not pro-choice, but pro-abortion?
Proof? Have you any?
I'll bet not.

Location hidden

#228718 Apr 6, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've proven everything I've stated. I've pointed out that your rebuttals don't make sense, or even address my point. I've pointed out that you ignore my evidence, and instead try to shift focus to a side point.
Like I said. You're dishonest. You've lost your argument, now you just hang around to troll and cry loudly. You're like the schoolyard bully who just got his butt handed to him, so now he stands outside the fence and calls names.
You have no evidence, and you still haven't answered questions put to you.
If your wife had an ectopic pregnancy, would you just let her die before allowing a therapeutic abortion performed?
(That is just supposing that the law would LET you deny her treatment she wanted, it would not)

Location hidden

#228719 Apr 6, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll assume that what you are saying is that human beings who do not possess certain physical criteria that we see in most adults should not have the basic right to live like you and others might enjoy. You could use this same argument to kill granny too.
Another anomaly is that first you said that it's nobody's business, and then you said it's alright as long as she acts in a “reasonable” time. Which is it?
I've found in my own experience that it usually works for the best if you try to develop a moral basis for your actions before they actually occur, rather than acting first, and then trying to justify your actions later.
Note: At the most about 1% of abortions are done because the woman's life is in danger, so that is essentially a non-argument.
Wrong, I'm saying a wad of goo is not a child. You're the one trying to assign attributes to wads of goo that do not exist, and assume an outcome to every conception that just isn't there.
Wads of goo are not people. BORN human beings have rights, even when they're old or incapable of caring for themselves because they are BORN HUMAN BEINGS.
Sorry you're too dense to understand that.

Location hidden

#228720 Apr 6, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
(deleted hogwash)
Note: At the most about 1% of abortions are done because the woman's life is in danger, so that is essentially a non-argument.
Really? When MY life was nearly ended because of an ectopic pregnancy it was certainly not a non-argument. It was the only reason I had the abortion, because it was that or die.
Oh, and in case it escapes your limited scope of comprehension, if *I* had died, the foetus would have died along with me. So what good would it have done to have refused the surgery?
Fool.

Location hidden

#228721 Apr 6, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as the rights of another person are being violated, it is the responsibility of everybody to make it their business.
Wads of goo are not persons. They are insensate wads of goo.

Location hidden

#228722 Apr 6, 2013
Life is Precious wrote:
<quoted text>Alive
Not necessarily. The pregnancy might not have come to term even if she'd wanted it and had tried to bring it to term.
You're just a lying pile of waste Lippy, why haven't you dragged that dead daughter of yours out for sympathy yet?

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Westerville, OH

#228723 Apr 6, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure you can. You've killed life you created as well. Same thing, just at a different point in the child's life.
Not really.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Westerville, OH

#228724 Apr 6, 2013
mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>
When it starting referring to people as "retarded" that was it for me. I have zero tolerance for slurs like that.
One of our former posters has a son who is developmentally delayed. She's raked several posters over the coals for using a derogatory term like that.
In my opinion, that's no different than a racial epithet.
I was thinking of her while reading those posts. That's just not a word that anyone should tolerate. Shows how lacking in empathy and morals he is.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Westerville, OH

#228725 Apr 6, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Coming from someone who thinks its ok o kill her hold, I'd say that's a compliment.
Again, you berate a woman who had to abort to save her life but have yet to offer how you'd deal with the situation differently. Something tells me you're seriously sick in the head. Not in a defamatory way, but really incapable of understanding what she had to go through. I'm sorry you have children. Must be why you only have them part time.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Westerville, OH

#228726 Apr 6, 2013
The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
Back again for more? How about you actually answer M's prompt? Or present some FACTS against the data from the Guttmacher Institute?
He's too afraid to answer my question. He knows he's wrong. He knows he's not even worthy of being called a human being when he tells a woman who was faced with a life or death situation that she's evil for having an abortion to save her life. He cares nothing about people. He seems to be a loser who just likes to call people names and argue without the benefit of a valid argument, reasoning or evidence. He's scum. And to some degree, he knows it.
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#228727 Apr 6, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
He's too afraid to answer my question. He knows he's wrong. He knows he's not even worthy of being called a human being when he tells a woman who was faced with a life or death situation that she's evil for having an abortion to save her life. He cares nothing about people. He seems to be a loser who just likes to call people names and argue without the benefit of a valid argument, reasoning or evidence. He's scum. And to some degree, he knows it.
Odd that he argues for "human rights" when apparently a fully grown woman doesn't deserve the same kind of opportunities (s)he'd like to give to a fetus...it's not as though abortion is the only solution, but by god, it's insane how people like that are willing to strip other's rights without even considering that having open choices is essential for a functioning society.

Glad we're able to rip that argument to shreds...amazing what logic can do!
Ella

Rockford, MI

#228728 Apr 6, 2013
mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>
I take it you are "pro-life"? That means, that you think every woman should give life. Correct?
Then THINK what "pro-abortion" is and consider if anyone believes that every single woman should have an abortion.
I’m asking for clarification on your position. Were my questions too difficult to warrant an answer?

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Westerville, OH

#228729 Apr 6, 2013
The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
Odd that he argues for "human rights" when apparently a fully grown woman doesn't deserve the same kind of opportunities (s)he'd like to give to a fetus...it's not as though abortion is the only solution, but by god, it's insane how people like that are willing to strip other's rights without even considering that having open choices is essential for a functioning society.
Glad we're able to rip that argument to shreds...amazing what logic can do!
This one doesn't understand logic...lol.

People are always under the assumption that a woman who opts for an abortion WANT to have an abortion. It's not something anyone WANTS to do, it's a decision that usually comes after a lot of soul-searching and determination to do the right thing.

I have spoken before on here about some of the children I have taken care of. Born addicted to cocaine, FAS, and left disfigured and basically brain dead for their entire lives. Living in an institution where there is not enough staff members to offer any real human contact or interaction. My friend is a psych ward nurse and at times has to go to the juvenile ward. She hates it. Most of the children there are a result of women who abused drugs and alcohol while pregnant. These kids are zombies. Some have colostomy bags because their organs did not fully form. Some are chronically ill and bed-ridden.

But hey, at least their mothers didn't have abortions, right? Cause that would be the real tragedy.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Westerville, OH

#228730 Apr 6, 2013
Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
I’m asking for clarification on your position. Were my questions too difficult to warrant an answer?
No one on this thread, MS included, advocates for late-term abortions. We realize there is a vast difference between a 9-mo-old fetus and a zygote.
Ella

Rockford, MI

#228731 Apr 6, 2013
Every abortion is elective. There are laws against forcing women to abort a pregnancy for a reason.

I believe that abortion is necessarily a last resort for ANY pregnant woman whose fetus
a)threatens her life,
b)is severely/profoundly compromised, or
c)has died in utero.

This includes women in their THIRD trimester of pregnancy... but hey - usually that entails DELIVERY , not abortion.

So-called 'pro-lifers' know this, and yet, they choose to focus on those pregnancies which delivery would not save, and for which attempted delivery would result in the woman's death.

So far, the proposed "Personhood Legislation" has steadfastly dismissed the 'last resort' view, in favor of the 'let women die' view.

After all, we're just women.
We'll make more.

It's what we do.

Whom do you feel can make the decision in cases to abort the fetus in the last resort items a-c that you referenced?
Ella

Rockford, MI

#228732 Apr 6, 2013
No one on this thread, MS included, advocates for late-term abortions. We realize there is a vast difference between a 9-mo-old fetus and a zygote.

Tell me what the difference is?
Ella

Rockford, MI

#228733 Apr 6, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me what the difference is?
Ella

Rockford, MI

#228734 Apr 6, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Every abortion is elective. There are laws against forcing women to abort a pregnancy for a reason.
I believe that abortion is necessarily a last resort for ANY pregnant woman whose fetus
a)threatens her life,
b)is severely/profoundly compromised, or
c)has died in utero.
This includes women in their THIRD trimester of pregnancy... but hey - usually that entails DELIVERY , not abortion.
So-called 'pro-lifers' know this, and yet, they choose to focus on those pregnancies which delivery would not save, and for which attempted delivery would result in the woman's death.
So far, the proposed "Personhood Legislation" has steadfastly dismissed the 'last resort' view, in favor of the 'let women die' view.
After all, we're just women.
We'll make more.
It's what we do.
Whom do you feel can make the decision in cases to abort the fetus in the last resort items a-c that you referenced?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Bongo 778,311
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 min onemale 265,445
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 30 min Johnny 4,886
Gay snapchat names 56 min Flashydick 174
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Epiphany2 605,334
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 2 hr just American 41
Too many Asians in California which makes it suck (Mar '12) 3 hr Easton 100
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 hr Oxbow 560,442
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 9 hr Trannyfucker 136
More from around the web