Comments
217,521 - 217,540 of 221,373 Comments Last updated Wednesday Aug 13
Ocean56

AOL

#228196 Apr 2, 2013
Life is Precious wrote:
You have posted the same boring question for years and it has been answered many many times. Once pregnant it's just not her body anymore. She is resonsible for that baby growing inside of her. That unborn baby has its own DNA from the moment of conception.
Actually, it IS still the WOMAN'S body, even after a pregnancy happens, and ONLY the woman who is pregnant makes the decision whether to continue it or not. The fact that YOU don't like her right to choose abortion if she doesn't want to be pregnant is irrelevant.

It is HER body, therefore HER choice. Period.
Ocean56

AOL

#228197 Apr 2, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
The woman has the ability to not get pregnant. What a concept. Once she creates life, she's responsible for it.
The woman has the ability to REJECT motherhood if she doesn't want pregnancy or children. NO woman has to be a mother or have more kids unless she WANTS to do so.

You don't get to determine responsibility for anyone but yourself, which is a very GOOD thing.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#228198 Apr 2, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I'm well aware there are a number of ANTI-CHOICE states like ND, Arkansas, Texas and others who are actively trying to remove women's reproductive rights. I feel very sorry for prochoice women who are stuck living in any of those states.
I'm happy for the children conceived in those states.
Ocean56

AOL

#228199 Apr 2, 2013
Babies are EXPENSIVE

One of the most overlooked factors of being a mom, whether you're a teen or young adult, is how much it really costs to care for a baby and child. Many girls/women have no idea whatsoever how truly EXPENSIVE it is to buy all the supplies a baby will need, even in the first two months.

So, just to do a little research myself last year, I took a notebook with me on one of my shopping trips to the grocery store, and wrote down the costs for items that parents will need for a baby. Here's a short price list:

Diapers - Huggies (to 14 pounds) 40/pkg.$9.99
Formula - Enfamil, newborn, 6 2oz. btl/pkg.$7.99
Wipes - Pampers baby wipes, 72/pkg.$2.79
Bottles - Evenflo, 3/pkg.$5.69
Bottle cleaning brush, 1/pkg.$2.99
Pacifiers - Nuk, 2/pkg.$3.69
Diaper rash cream - Desitin, 1 tube $5.45
Baby powder - Johnson's lrg. economy size $4.59
Baby wash - Johnson's lrg.$2.79
Baby shampoo - Johnson's med. size $3.99

The above are just the BASE prices, which were priced on 3/26/12. The cost for diapers and formula will quickly multiply, depending on how much formula the baby needs and how many diaper changes the baby must have to keep his/her skin healthy. Diapers must be changed quite frequently to avoid diaper rash, which occurs as a result of babies being in a wet or stinky diaper for too long.

Let's assume, as an example, that the baby will have to be changed six times a day. The cost of diapers, which is $9.99 for a package of 40 can multiply as follows:

6 diapers per day, x 7 days = 42 diapers
42 diapers per week, x 4 weeks =$168 per month

The cost of formula can multiply a lot too, depending on how much formula is used per day. When my son was a newborn and infant, he could easily consume a bottle at each feeding, which could be 2 or 3 ounces. If the baby is bigger, he/she will need more at each feeding.

The base cost for a six-pack of Enfamil ready-to-use 2oz. bottles is $7.99, which is really $8.00 minus a penny. It can multiply as follows:

2 six-packs per week @$8.00 =$16.00 per week
$16.00 x 4 weeks =$64.00 month

Remember, these figures are just ESTIMATES. Parents may choose different types of formula, but they have to know what the cost is, and they'll have to multiply it for a monthly estimate.

Also, these costs are for diapers and formula ALONE. Parents will also have to buy clothes, a car seat (required by law), crib, stroller, infant seat, baby toys, and the list goes on.

It will be difficult, and in some cases impossible, for girls and young women to buy all these necessities for a baby, especially when the moms are teens and are too young to even work if they are younger than 16. Even moms over the age of 16 must graduate high school first, in order to obtain better jobs.

Location hidden

#228200 Apr 2, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it IS still the WOMAN'S body, even after a pregnancy happens, and ONLY the woman who is pregnant makes the decision whether to continue it or not. The fact that YOU don't like her right to choose abortion if she doesn't want to be pregnant is irrelevant.
It is HER body, therefore HER choice. Period.
Except, of course, that the court and public opinion say you're wrong.
Ocean56

AOL

#228201 Apr 2, 2013
Babies Are EXPENSIVE (continued)

High Ticket Items

In every segment of the "16 and Pregnant" documentary, the girl makes the point that she had no idea how EXPENSIVE raising a baby is. Too often, doing the math to find out what items are needed and how much each item will cost isn't done until the teen girl is several months along. IMO waiting several months to find out what costs are involved is a huge mistake.

The MUST-have items that a teen needs to have if she plans to keep and raise the baby are as follows:

1. Car seat (required by LAW)
2. Crib
3. Stroller
4. Diaper bag (with portable changing pad)
5. Special garbage pail for diapers
6. Baby clothes, which can be expensive if purchased at "trendy" baby stores

This is IN ADDITION to the above list, which was for everyday items like diapers, formula, bottles, wipes, pacifiers, and other things that mom will need every day. Some car seats can go as high as $200, and a crib can cost $200 or even more. I remember paying $500+ for my son's crib, and the car seat was about $150. That was over 15 years ago, and I am sure the prices for some of these items have gone up, depending on how expensive the store is.

Teen girls and young women need to be aware of how EXPENSIVE it is to raise a baby, preferably long BEFORE a pregnancy occurs.

Location hidden

#228202 Apr 2, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
The woman has the ability to REJECT motherhood if she doesn't want pregnancy or children. NO woman has to be a mother or have more kids unless she WANTS to do so.
You don't get to determine responsibility for anyone but yourself, which is a very GOOD thing.
Of course she can reject motherhood. That's quite different than killing her children, though, born or not

“Becoming a better me!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#228203 Apr 2, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
The woman has the ability to not get pregnant. What a concept. Once she creates life, she's responsible for it.
Birth Control Fails.

It happened to me.

Just because YOU don't think women should be able to enjoy a healthy sex life doesn't mean it's so.

Sex is a natural need and desire in human beings. We differ from the animals in that we can control how many times we breed.

There is nothing sadder in the world than an unwanted child. We've been given the means to prevent that from happening.

I notice you don't address the issue attached to unwanted children. Abuse. Neglect. Abandonment.

Typical Pro-Fetus sentiment...tighten those blinders so that you blame ONLY the women involved (never the men) and ignore the tens of thousands of children every single year who are the victims of women who refuse to take responsibility for a pregnancy they don't want, can't afford, and end up with unwanted children.

“Becoming a better me!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#228204 Apr 2, 2013
Life is Precious wrote:
<quoted text>You have posted the same boring question for years and it has been answered many many times. Once pregnant it's just not her body anymore. She is resonsible for that baby growing inside of her. That unborn baby has its own DNA from the moment of conception.
Let me ask you a question,of course you are free to post on any thread you want to. But you had a perfect thread years ago called There is nothing wrong with abortion. The only reason you started posting on this thread was because of pure guilt. IMO. You have tried to justify killing your child in the womb for years.
There is NO justification for what you did. You pissed and moaned about financial problems but then turned around and adopted a child. You are the lowest scum on earth for what you did. IMO.
You killed your unborn baby out of pure selfishness.Of course you have to live with that. But honestly you disgust me.
No one has proved that the body belongs to the fetus. It doesn't, of course.

It is HER body. She has "owned" that body for many years before the pregnancy. The fetus "borrows" her body for the 9 months it takes to gestate.

What a completely ridiculous statement. But coming from you, what else would anyone expect?

Location hidden

#228205 Apr 2, 2013
mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>
Birth Control Fails.
It happened to me.
Just because YOU don't think women should be able to enjoy a healthy sex life doesn't mean it's so.
Sex is a natural need and desire in human beings. We differ from the animals in that we can control how many times we breed.
There is nothing sadder in the world than an unwanted child. We've been given the means to prevent that from happening.
I notice you don't address the issue attached to unwanted children. Abuse. Neglect. Abandonment.
Typical Pro-Fetus sentiment...tighten those blinders so that you blame ONLY the women involved (never the men) and ignore the tens of thousands of children every single year who are the victims of women who refuse to take responsibility for a pregnancy they don't want, can't afford, and end up with unwanted children.
Boo hoo. I'm not smart enough to prevent pregnancy.

The only thing sadder than an unwanted child is the body of a child killed by his mother.

Location hidden

#228206 Apr 2, 2013
mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>
No one has proved that the body belongs to the fetus. It doesn't, of course.
It is HER body. She has "owned" that body for many years before the pregnancy. The fetus "borrows" her body for the 9 months it takes to gestate.
What a completely ridiculous statement. But coming from you, what else would anyone expect?
Your inability to understand the position isn't a surprise.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#228207 Apr 2, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
I will sleep better at night when immoral women are no longer allowed to kill innocent unborn babies.
I'm immoral because I had sex with my husband?
I'm immoral because I aborted a pregnancy which would otherwise have killed me?
I'm immoral because I had two subsequent children, also the results of sex with my husband?

I suppose your children were the result of immaculate conception, and that had one of them been a toxic pregnancy, you'd have happily died trying to gestate.

You are full of shit to the eyeballs.

I seriously doubt you're even female, and perhaps you do too.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Hightstown, NJ

#228208 Apr 2, 2013
Expert in All Things wrote:
<quoted text>
That is exceptable proof in your world view? How can that be scientifically proven?
You couldn't. But I could. It can't be scientifically proven that I've killed any child. But being that I find killing of children abhorrent, I don't really need to prove anything to anyone. I know I've never done such a thing.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#228209 Apr 2, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you realize how idiotic that statement is, since its not the parents who are murdered.
Read 'em and weep. That's exactly why the law exists. For the parents who have lost a pregnancy. Sorry about your luck, friend. But you're wrong. As always.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#228210 Apr 2, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
You warp reality to ease your conscience. Killing your unborn child is disgusting.
Killing a child is disgusting indeed. People who kill children should be put in jail. Abortion does not kill children. I am starting to become alarmed at how often you talk about killing children, however. It seems psychopathic to me.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#228211 Apr 2, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're wrong. I've established numerous times ow wrong you are.
Now you're just trolling.
No, darling. You haven't proven anything. The majority of states protect abortion while still having fetal homicide laws. You know why? Because a woman has a right to terminate her pregnancy. A person does not have a right to end a woman's pregnancy against her will. Proving fetuses do not have rights and the laws do not exist to protect them.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#228212 Apr 2, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you point to where I said you committed murder? Oh wait. You can't.
Troll troll trolling along.
Thankfully, someday cretins like you will be punished for killing your unborn children.
Who knows what that life would be. I sit here watching my two boys pushing each other on their tricycle and it drives whom what a disgusting person you are.
"It drives whom what..." Where did you learn grammar?

Answer the question. If you're man enough to say someone killed a child in order to save their own lives, then by all means tell us how you'd do thing differently. You run your mouth about how much better you think you are, so prove it.

Let's lay out the scenario again:

Your wife is pregnant. She has a blood infection. The doctor says if she doesn't abort her fetus, she will certainly die. What's your reaction? What would you do? How would you advise your wife and maybe even more importantly, if YOU were the woman, what would YOU do? These are pretty simple questions even a moron like you could answer. So, enlighten us.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#228213 Apr 2, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, she's responsible for making the right decision for her. Who in the world else would be responsible for that decision. So silly.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#228214 Apr 2, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not ignoring those facts at all. When the rights of a fetus are protected has been changing for decades, and not in the favor of those who seek to kill them. Soon, we'll recognize them completely, and killers like you will be jailed.
Society has no place for those who harm our children.
So, tell us. Will there be a special jail for women who have abortions? How do you think taxpayers will feel about women being put in jail (which is impossible since you already know there's no way of telling between a miscarriage and an abortion) for having an abortion being that 70% of Americans do not believe Roe v. Wade should not be overturned? 52% of Americans believe abortion should be legal. So are you REALLY stupid enough to think that people will want women put in jail for having an abortion. And don't just give your opinion, back up your statements with proof that there is an agenda to put women in jail for having an abortion and that Americans are willing to spend the tax dollars not only to jail these women, but to pay for the foster care that may be required if these women have other children whom they won't be able to care for. Again, enlighten us with these "facts" of yours. You say I'm trolling? You've yet to provide evidence of anything.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#228215 Apr 2, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I should be. Are you going to answer the question, or just sit in the peanut gallery?
Are YOU ever going to answer the questions I've posed to you? Don't ask other people to answer questions when you won't even answer questions yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min June VanDerMark 539,577
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 min JUDEletePete 118,140
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Rellowes 734,066
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Eagle 12 226,568
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 6 min DeAngelo of Memphis 2,552
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 22 min Tender Mercies 4,167
Last Word + 2 27 min Tender Mercies 560
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 57 min RADEKT 258,221
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Stephania capitani 600,207
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE