Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#228187 Apr 2, 2013
mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that's not the case.
You KNOW you're wrong, on virtually all points.
So you're resorting to insults and disparaging comments.
We've all seen posters like you before. You continually ignore the FACTS (that an fetus, up until a certain point of gestation, HAS no rights, that abortion is not murder, women have a right to bodily autonomy, etc..) and you can't keep denying these facts, so you're behaving like a recalcitrant four year old child. Soon, we'll hear "my daddy is bigger than YOUR daddy."
I'm not ignoring those facts at all. When the rights of a fetus are protected has been changing for decades, and not in the favor of those who seek to kill them. Soon, we'll recognize them completely, and killers like you will be jailed.

Society has no place for those who harm our children.

Location hidden

#228188 Apr 2, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither, idiot. What I posted previously isn't false, and I think I'm MUCH smarter than you. What YOU think is completely irrelevant, to me anyway.
The ONLY person to make the decision whether or not to continue a pregnancy is the WOMAN who is pregnant. Whatever decision she makes, it is HER decision, and none of YOUR business. Motherhood is an OPTION, not a requirement. Deal with it.
Another false statement. The state is involved in that decision as well, whether you like it or not.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#228189 Apr 2, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Life is too short for me to tolerate anti-choicers in MY life, which is why I wouldn't tolerate any anti-choice extremists around me.
I have a gut feeling that any woman you "walk away" from is secretly relieved to have you OUT of her life, even though she would probably be too polite to tell you that directly.
You are entitled to your opinion. But boy are you wrong.
Have a nice day:)
Ocean56

AOL

#228190 Apr 2, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
Thankfully, someday cretins like you will be punished for killing your unborn children.
Who knows what that life would be. I sit here watching my two boys pushing each other on their tricycle and it drives whom what a disgusting person you are.
Actually, the truly disgusting people are the ANTI-CHOICE male extremists like you, who only seek to PUNISH women who don't want pregnancy or children. Of course, women anti-choice extremists like LIPpy aren't much better either.

In any case, NO woman has to become a mother (or have more kids if she already is a mom) unless she WANTS to. Don't like it? Too bleeping bad, since it isn't YOUR call to make. Get over it.

Location hidden

#228191 Apr 2, 2013
Life is Precious wrote:
<quoted text>You have posted the same boring question for years and it has been answered many many times. Once pregnant it's just not her body anymore. She is resonsible for that baby growing inside of her. That unborn baby has its own DNA from the moment of conception.
Let me ask you a question,of course you are free to post on any thread you want to. But you had a perfect thread years ago called There is nothing wrong with abortion. The only reason you started posting on this thread was because of pure guilt. IMO. You have tried to justify killing your child in the womb for years.
There is NO justification for what you did. You pissed and moaned about financial problems but then turned around and adopted a child. You are the lowest scum on earth for what you did. IMO.
You killed your unborn baby out of pure selfishness.Of course you have to live with that. But honestly you disgust me.
Brilliant and spot on
Ocean56

AOL

#228192 Apr 2, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
So if I kills you, I shouldn't be judged?
So if you make threats against prochoicers, shouldn't you be arrested first?
Ocean56

AOL

#228193 Apr 2, 2013
Life is Precious wrote:
You are entitled to your opinion. But boy are you wrong. Have a nice day:)
Thanks, I plan to. Not that I need the approval of anti-choice extremists to do it, of course.
Ocean56

AOL

#228194 Apr 2, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
Another false statement. The state is involved in that decision as well, whether you like it or not.
Yes, I'm well aware there are a number of ANTI-CHOICE states like ND, Arkansas, Texas and others who are actively trying to remove women's reproductive rights. I feel very sorry for prochoice women who are stuck living in any of those states.

Location hidden

#228195 Apr 2, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
So if you make threats against prochoicers, shouldn't you be arrested first?
Of course I should be. Are you going to answer the question, or just sit in the peanut gallery?
Ocean56

AOL

#228196 Apr 2, 2013
Life is Precious wrote:
You have posted the same boring question for years and it has been answered many many times. Once pregnant it's just not her body anymore. She is resonsible for that baby growing inside of her. That unborn baby has its own DNA from the moment of conception.
Actually, it IS still the WOMAN'S body, even after a pregnancy happens, and ONLY the woman who is pregnant makes the decision whether to continue it or not. The fact that YOU don't like her right to choose abortion if she doesn't want to be pregnant is irrelevant.

It is HER body, therefore HER choice. Period.
Ocean56

AOL

#228197 Apr 2, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
The woman has the ability to not get pregnant. What a concept. Once she creates life, she's responsible for it.
The woman has the ability to REJECT motherhood if she doesn't want pregnancy or children. NO woman has to be a mother or have more kids unless she WANTS to do so.

You don't get to determine responsibility for anyone but yourself, which is a very GOOD thing.

Location hidden

#228198 Apr 2, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I'm well aware there are a number of ANTI-CHOICE states like ND, Arkansas, Texas and others who are actively trying to remove women's reproductive rights. I feel very sorry for prochoice women who are stuck living in any of those states.
I'm happy for the children conceived in those states.
Ocean56

AOL

#228199 Apr 2, 2013
Babies are EXPENSIVE

One of the most overlooked factors of being a mom, whether you're a teen or young adult, is how much it really costs to care for a baby and child. Many girls/women have no idea whatsoever how truly EXPENSIVE it is to buy all the supplies a baby will need, even in the first two months.

So, just to do a little research myself last year, I took a notebook with me on one of my shopping trips to the grocery store, and wrote down the costs for items that parents will need for a baby. Here's a short price list:

Diapers - Huggies (to 14 pounds) 40/pkg.$9.99
Formula - Enfamil, newborn, 6 2oz. btl/pkg.$7.99
Wipes - Pampers baby wipes, 72/pkg.$2.79
Bottles - Evenflo, 3/pkg.$5.69
Bottle cleaning brush, 1/pkg.$2.99
Pacifiers - Nuk, 2/pkg.$3.69
Diaper rash cream - Desitin, 1 tube $5.45
Baby powder - Johnson's lrg. economy size $4.59
Baby wash - Johnson's lrg.$2.79
Baby shampoo - Johnson's med. size $3.99

The above are just the BASE prices, which were priced on 3/26/12. The cost for diapers and formula will quickly multiply, depending on how much formula the baby needs and how many diaper changes the baby must have to keep his/her skin healthy. Diapers must be changed quite frequently to avoid diaper rash, which occurs as a result of babies being in a wet or stinky diaper for too long.

Let's assume, as an example, that the baby will have to be changed six times a day. The cost of diapers, which is $9.99 for a package of 40 can multiply as follows:

6 diapers per day, x 7 days = 42 diapers
42 diapers per week, x 4 weeks =$168 per month

The cost of formula can multiply a lot too, depending on how much formula is used per day. When my son was a newborn and infant, he could easily consume a bottle at each feeding, which could be 2 or 3 ounces. If the baby is bigger, he/she will need more at each feeding.

The base cost for a six-pack of Enfamil ready-to-use 2oz. bottles is $7.99, which is really $8.00 minus a penny. It can multiply as follows:

2 six-packs per week @$8.00 =$16.00 per week
$16.00 x 4 weeks =$64.00 month

Remember, these figures are just ESTIMATES. Parents may choose different types of formula, but they have to know what the cost is, and they'll have to multiply it for a monthly estimate.

Also, these costs are for diapers and formula ALONE. Parents will also have to buy clothes, a car seat (required by law), crib, stroller, infant seat, baby toys, and the list goes on.

It will be difficult, and in some cases impossible, for girls and young women to buy all these necessities for a baby, especially when the moms are teens and are too young to even work if they are younger than 16. Even moms over the age of 16 must graduate high school first, in order to obtain better jobs.

Location hidden

#228200 Apr 2, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it IS still the WOMAN'S body, even after a pregnancy happens, and ONLY the woman who is pregnant makes the decision whether to continue it or not. The fact that YOU don't like her right to choose abortion if she doesn't want to be pregnant is irrelevant.
It is HER body, therefore HER choice. Period.
Except, of course, that the court and public opinion say you're wrong.
Ocean56

AOL

#228201 Apr 2, 2013
Babies Are EXPENSIVE (continued)

High Ticket Items

In every segment of the "16 and Pregnant" documentary, the girl makes the point that she had no idea how EXPENSIVE raising a baby is. Too often, doing the math to find out what items are needed and how much each item will cost isn't done until the teen girl is several months along. IMO waiting several months to find out what costs are involved is a huge mistake.

The MUST-have items that a teen needs to have if she plans to keep and raise the baby are as follows:

1. Car seat (required by LAW)
2. Crib
3. Stroller
4. Diaper bag (with portable changing pad)
5. Special garbage pail for diapers
6. Baby clothes, which can be expensive if purchased at "trendy" baby stores

This is IN ADDITION to the above list, which was for everyday items like diapers, formula, bottles, wipes, pacifiers, and other things that mom will need every day. Some car seats can go as high as $200, and a crib can cost $200 or even more. I remember paying $500+ for my son's crib, and the car seat was about $150. That was over 15 years ago, and I am sure the prices for some of these items have gone up, depending on how expensive the store is.

Teen girls and young women need to be aware of how EXPENSIVE it is to raise a baby, preferably long BEFORE a pregnancy occurs.

Location hidden

#228202 Apr 2, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
The woman has the ability to REJECT motherhood if she doesn't want pregnancy or children. NO woman has to be a mother or have more kids unless she WANTS to do so.
You don't get to determine responsibility for anyone but yourself, which is a very GOOD thing.
Of course she can reject motherhood. That's quite different than killing her children, though, born or not

“Becoming a better me!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#228203 Apr 2, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
The woman has the ability to not get pregnant. What a concept. Once she creates life, she's responsible for it.
Birth Control Fails.

It happened to me.

Just because YOU don't think women should be able to enjoy a healthy sex life doesn't mean it's so.

Sex is a natural need and desire in human beings. We differ from the animals in that we can control how many times we breed.

There is nothing sadder in the world than an unwanted child. We've been given the means to prevent that from happening.

I notice you don't address the issue attached to unwanted children. Abuse. Neglect. Abandonment.

Typical Pro-Fetus sentiment...tighten those blinders so that you blame ONLY the women involved (never the men) and ignore the tens of thousands of children every single year who are the victims of women who refuse to take responsibility for a pregnancy they don't want, can't afford, and end up with unwanted children.

“Becoming a better me!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#228204 Apr 2, 2013
Life is Precious wrote:
<quoted text>You have posted the same boring question for years and it has been answered many many times. Once pregnant it's just not her body anymore. She is resonsible for that baby growing inside of her. That unborn baby has its own DNA from the moment of conception.
Let me ask you a question,of course you are free to post on any thread you want to. But you had a perfect thread years ago called There is nothing wrong with abortion. The only reason you started posting on this thread was because of pure guilt. IMO. You have tried to justify killing your child in the womb for years.
There is NO justification for what you did. You pissed and moaned about financial problems but then turned around and adopted a child. You are the lowest scum on earth for what you did. IMO.
You killed your unborn baby out of pure selfishness.Of course you have to live with that. But honestly you disgust me.
No one has proved that the body belongs to the fetus. It doesn't, of course.

It is HER body. She has "owned" that body for many years before the pregnancy. The fetus "borrows" her body for the 9 months it takes to gestate.

What a completely ridiculous statement. But coming from you, what else would anyone expect?

Location hidden

#228205 Apr 2, 2013
mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>
Birth Control Fails.
It happened to me.
Just because YOU don't think women should be able to enjoy a healthy sex life doesn't mean it's so.
Sex is a natural need and desire in human beings. We differ from the animals in that we can control how many times we breed.
There is nothing sadder in the world than an unwanted child. We've been given the means to prevent that from happening.
I notice you don't address the issue attached to unwanted children. Abuse. Neglect. Abandonment.
Typical Pro-Fetus sentiment...tighten those blinders so that you blame ONLY the women involved (never the men) and ignore the tens of thousands of children every single year who are the victims of women who refuse to take responsibility for a pregnancy they don't want, can't afford, and end up with unwanted children.
Boo hoo. I'm not smart enough to prevent pregnancy.

The only thing sadder than an unwanted child is the body of a child killed by his mother.

Location hidden

#228206 Apr 2, 2013
mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>
No one has proved that the body belongs to the fetus. It doesn't, of course.
It is HER body. She has "owned" that body for many years before the pregnancy. The fetus "borrows" her body for the 9 months it takes to gestate.
What a completely ridiculous statement. But coming from you, what else would anyone expect?
Your inability to understand the position isn't a surprise.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Buck Crick 837,295
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min truth 589,469
Enabling Telepathic Communication With-In One Mind (Sep '14) 16 min Infinite Force 34
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 39 min MUQ2 271,277
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 44 min MUQ2 429
Why do we live life when we have to die anyway? (Jul '13) 1 hr Aftab Alam 190
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Peace_Warrior 612,145
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr Rosa_Winkel 4,160
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr lisw 176,826
More from around the web