There is Everything Wrong with Abortion

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Hightstown, NJ

#228216 Apr 2, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm happy for the children conceived in those states.
Why? Those women can still have abortions and most likely will if they choose to.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#228217 Apr 2, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your inability to understand the position isn't a surprise.
Since your position is that anyone who gets pregnant has the obligation to attempt gestation, even unto her death, I fervently hope NO ONE ever understands it.

Thank god the Supreme Court of the United States of America doesn't understand it either.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#228218 Apr 2, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Except, of course, that the court and public opinion say you're wrong.
Proof?

A Gallup poll in 2012 shows that 28% of the population believes abortion should be legal under any circumstance and 52% believe abortion should be legal under certain circumstances. Only 18% believe it should always be illegal. So again, you're wrong.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#228219 Apr 2, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
I love this. You offer absolutely nothing but your opinion, which is worthless. You have no data, you have no facts. You have nothing but speculation. And you are afraid to answer questions.

Location hidden

#228220 Apr 2, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
I love this. You offer absolutely nothing but your opinion, which is worthless. You have no data, you have no facts. You have nothing but speculation. And you are afraid to answer questions.
It has no moral leg left to stand on. It actively wants women to die in childbirth, as a sign of our 'personal responsibility'. Once it outed itself on that one, it skulked back into its hole, and is only peeking out for reconnaissance...it won't answer any of my questions, either.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#228221 Apr 2, 2013
Yes there is.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#228222 Apr 2, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>It has no moral leg left to stand on. It actively wants women to die in childbirth, as a sign of our 'personal responsibility'. Once it outed itself on that one, it skulked back into its hole, and is only peeking out for reconnaissance...it won't answer any of my questions, either.
As I said to him, if he's "man" enough to berate you for making a decision to save your life, I would love to hear the alternative. Why won't he offer up what he would have done in a similar situation?

He also doesn't have any facts about anything. He keeps reciting "fetal homicide" laws but refuses to acknowledge that almost all of them do not apply in cases of abortion because abortion is not considered fetal homicide. Those laws also exist for the purpose of a parent-to-be who has unwillingly lost the potential for a child. It's been stated in many places by many law professionals, but this idiot only likes to repeat the same baseless bullsh*t over and over.

I guess some people really need to live in a fantasy world.

I am sorry to hear about your pregnancy misfortunes. I can't imagine how scary that would be.

Location hidden

#228223 Apr 2, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said to him, if he's "man" enough to berate you for making a decision to save your life, I would love to hear the alternative. Why won't he offer up what he would have done in a similar situation?
He also doesn't have any facts about anything. He keeps reciting "fetal homicide" laws but refuses to acknowledge that almost all of them do not apply in cases of abortion because abortion is not considered fetal homicide. Those laws also exist for the purpose of a parent-to-be who has unwillingly lost the potential for a child. It's been stated in many places by many law professionals, but this idiot only likes to repeat the same baseless bullsh*t over and over.
I guess some people really need to live in a fantasy world.
I am sorry to hear about your pregnancy misfortunes. I can't imagine how scary that would be.
Thank you. I feel more shame and guilt over wishing that troll dead, than I ever will about keeping myself alive. I love my sons, and am never going to regret being their mother.

Just sayin'.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#228224 Apr 2, 2013
<quoted text>Thank you. I feel more shame and guilt over wishing that troll dead, than I ever will about keeping myself alive. I love my sons, and am never going to regret being their mother.
Just sayin'.
Nor should you. I am always amazed when I hear about poor women who are faced with death unless they terminate their pregnancy and the family will not allow an abortion to take place. It's not a desirable situation, but it would make sense to save the life of the mother first and foremost.

Location hidden

#228225 Apr 2, 2013
Have you gestated anything yet??
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Three times.
Liar.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#228226 Apr 2, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
I should be in favor of someone else killing a human so I won't have to support them?
I love liberal logic.
It's a wad of goo, not a living breathing human being. Just a wad of goo that MIGHT develop. No guarantees.

Location hidden

#228227 Apr 2, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't insist she create life. I insist she be responsible for the life she creates.
Wad of GOO, not a living human being until it is born. Most fertilized eggs don't make it that far even without intervention.

“Becoming a better me!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#228229 Apr 2, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even. I have two living children. I have first hand experience of the situation.

I suspect you don't.

“Becoming a better me!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#228230 Apr 2, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Boo hoo. I'm not smart enough to prevent pregnancy.
The only thing sadder than an unwanted child is the body of a child killed by his mother.
We had a poster on here who was using THREE forms of birth control.

The pill, a condom, and spermicidal foam. She got pregnant TWICE while using this combination.

You have no idea what goes in a woman's bedroom. That you think you are worldly enough and intelligent enough to tell them what decisions they should make regarding their reproductive rights is astounding.

Take care of your own back yard. I wouldn't be surprised to find out it's full of filth and decay.
Ocean56

AOL

#228231 Apr 2, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
Of course she can reject motherhood. That's quite different than killing her children, though, born or not
A woman can reject motherhood by having an abortion. Whether YOU approve of her doing so or not is irrelevant, since neither your approval or permission is required.

Location hidden

#228232 Apr 2, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not just her body. The body she's killing belongs to he life she chose to create.
Bull. Wads of goo are not lives, they are not bodies, and they have no rights or feelings. What any woman does is none of your business.
NO conception is guaranteed to come to term. Not one of them.

Location hidden

#228233 Apr 2, 2013
Bambi wrote:
Currently legal or not, abortion is murder.
You don't understand what murder is, or you wouldn't say such stupid thing.

Location hidden

#228234 Apr 2, 2013
Life is Precious wrote:
<quoted text>Yes you can. I had two friends who were thinking about abortion,I talked to them from my heart and just told them think about what you are doing. I told them there was help out there for women who find themselves pregnant. I sought out the places here in town and they went to these places and I am happy to say they carried those babies to term and both are doing very well. They got help. One is married now with 3 children,I keep in touch with her and she has told me more than once she is so happy she had this little boy. Every now and then I go to a pantry and get diapers and one pantry has clothes I have taken to her.I do what I can,I do wish I could do more.
Liar. I can understand why your daughter drove into that truck, just to get away from you.

Location hidden

#228235 Apr 2, 2013
Whisgean Zoda wrote:
<quoted text>
Two quick questions. 1)Do you live in the US? 2)If so, are elective aboritons paid out of pocket or are they covered by some form of health/medical insurance?
The reason I ask is because I have an issue with women making the claim it's their body, responsibility, choice etc, and then in far too many cases, at least where I live, everyone else gets to pony up for it, no matter the choice.
My solution is to allow one elective freebie. Everyone makes mistakes, some bigger than others, and birth control isn't always 100% effective.
HOWEVER...any abortions after that would require the individual to sign a waiver BEFORE the procedure giving permission for themselves to be "fixed" after the procedure.
If they don't want to sign, then they get pay for the abortion themselves.
I don't have a moral objection to abortion per se, I DO have a moral objection when it becomes an "Oh shit, not again!" method of birth control.
I live in the US and everyone I've known who got an abortion paid for it.

Location hidden

#228236 Apr 2, 2013
And just for the record, every abortion performed in the USA, is elective. There is no law, in any state, which requires any woman to obtain an abortion for any reason whatsoever - even if her life is endangered by the fetus she carries. Mine was no exception. I was assured to my complete satisfaction that the options I had included gestation - it's just that I wouldn't have lived to gestate anyone. Which rather rules out natural delivery...and a 3 week Caesarian section would also have been somewhat futile.
JMO
When I had an ectopic they told my husband that he could consent to the surgery if I did not, but only once I'd lost consciousness and by that time it would be too late. My organs had already started to shut down because I'd been haemorrhaging for days. If I had died it's not like the foetus could have gone on to be born from my dead body.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Gods r Delusion x... 672,723
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 12 min Buck Crick 104,329
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Jehova Witness 981,087
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Jehova Witness 619,372
------ POPE Francis **EXPOSED ------ 4 hr Patriot 2
Poll White Men, Would You Have A BABY by a Black Woman (Apr '10) 5 hr Third eye blind 540
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 16 hr Jehova Witness 46,186
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 18 hr chazmo 286,296
More from around the web