Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

pbfa wrote:
<quoted text>
Murder is an illegal act against a born person. Abortion is the legal termination of a pregnancy. They are two different acts, and are only considered the same thing by dishonest, inaccurate PLM folks.

Glad I could help clarify things for you. Imprecise and inaccurate language fails every time.
And, just to clarify things for YOU, pbfa: Abortion terminates a pregnancy, whether or not the abortion is legal.
pbfa wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion is not used instead of birth control, or as a replacement 'form' of BC. In fact, it is most commonly used when BC fails.
No argument with your second sentence; however, can there be any doubt that many abortions occur because a copulating (most likely fornicating?) couple didn't use any means of birth control?

I see this as a great thread. Over five years old and still going strong. More than 200,000 comments for me to correct using common sense and logic.

Speaking of which -- I have absolutely not intention of saying whether or not abortion is murder. To do that, I'd have to know for certain when life begins. I THINK it begins at conception, but there are apparently millions (if not billions) of people who think otherwise.

Perhaps I'll have a better idea if I can manage to read the 217,516 comments that precede mine. Perhaps not.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing how much energy the mentally ill will use to kill their unborn child.
Fortunately, it gets more difficult every year.
Amazing how you went from cogent and reasonable, to ridiculous and sadistic, over the course of a few conversations. It seems you really DO want women to die for lack of legal abortion, even if the woman's death ends the life of her fetus. I've asserted that a lot of the folks on this thread have misogynist leanings, but you sir are the first ACTUAL misogynist I've run across here.

Congratulations?

Fortunately, as it always does in these situations, the tide will turn, and abortion's legality will again be unquestioned in favor of its continuation.

Have a day.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Abortion is a personal decision. Scientists say that when a baby is (legally) aborted, it is not yet a living life form. Therefore it is not murder. What if a woman got pregnant off of a rape. People that have been raped should certainly be allowed to abort the babies.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Amazing how you went from cogent and reasonable, to ridiculous and sadistic, over the course of a few conversations. It seems you really DO want women to die for lack of legal abortion, even if the woman's death ends the life of her fetus. I've asserted that a lot of the folks on this thread have misogynist leanings, but you sir are the first ACTUAL misogynist I've run across here.
Congratulations?
Fortunately, as it always does in these situations, the tide will turn, and abortion's legality will again be unquestioned in favor of its continuation.
Have a day.
Amazing how you cry when you're responded to in kind.

When you aren't killing your unborn children, you're quite the hypocrite.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops. More lies. Since I've established this to be false, you can't use stupid as an excuse anymore.
Now you're just trolling in hopes other idiots will believe you.
But you haven't. You've just shown that you're a sore loser and ignorant of the facts. Just like you did when you said I couldn't have an abortion. You've lost credibility son.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you asserted that a fetus doesn't have rights.
Ooops. A lie.
Keep trolling.
Doesn't. Saying it does doesn't make it so. You've still not shown me one case where a fetus has brought a lawsuit against anyone or anything. Still waiting.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how far people will go to live with killing their unborn child.
It's a mental illness.
If I had killed a child, certainly that would be sad. I'm lucky to live in a country with a pro-choice government.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing how you cry when you're responded to in kind.
When you aren't killing your unborn children, you're quite the hypocrite.
The problem is that you say it will be impossible for women to have abortions. It will never be impossible. Even if it were illegal, which it won't be, it still wouldn't stop women from having abortions. You are far more naive than I thought if you truly believe making abortion illegal will stop women from having them. And don't follow up with that they'll be prosecuted. Because we've already established that they won't.

And see if you can answer this - if your "wife" if she does really exist was 4 weeks pregnant and her doctor said if you continue to remain pregnant, you will die (let's say she had a blood infection), so you would say "Yep, let my wife die." Let's see if you can actually give an answer to that.

“Becoming a better me!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Catch-22 wrote:
"As I said, just travel to another state. Just as women did before Roe v Wade. One of my friends travelled from Nebraska to California to have a LEGAL abortion in 1971." Really? Why didn't she just go to Wisconsin? Much closer to Nebraska than California.
Because of her extremely poor health, early during her pregnancy in 1971, my wife briefly considered going to Wisconsin for an abortion -- until she realized (with no prodding from me) that the unborn baby inside her was indeed a human life.
Thanks to the Dalkon Shield, she lost what would have been our third child about 16 weeks into her pregnancy.
I'm sorry to hear that. Losing a child who is wanted is always sad.

It's also sad to bring a child who is unwanted into the world.

“Becoming a better me!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing how much energy the mentally ill will use to kill their unborn child.
Fortunately, it gets more difficult every year.
First, you're a judge of morality.

Then you claim to know more about law that most of us?

Now you're a mental health expert?

What's next? walking on water?

The more you post, the more ridiculous you become.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
But you haven't. You've just shown that you're a sore loser and ignorant of the facts. Just like you did when you said I couldn't have an abortion. You've lost credibility son.
Keep trolling. I haven't lost anything. In fact, the ground we've gained prevents you from killing more unborn children with every passing year.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't. Saying it does doesn't make it so. You've still not shown me one case where a fetus has brought a lawsuit against anyone or anything. Still waiting.
Sadly, you aren't even smart enough to recognize how stupid this statement is. You don't need to bring a lawsuit to have rights. The state, or anyone else, can bring a lawsuit or charge someone with a crime.

Some states, such as Virginia, have laws on the books that allow parents to sue for the wrongful death or murder of an unborn baby.

Ooops. Imagine that. I've proven you wrong.

Again.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
If I had killed a child, certainly that would be sad. I'm lucky to live in a country with a pro-choice government.
Choice for everyone except the unborn child you killed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>
First, you're a judge of morality.
Then you claim to know more about law that most of us?
Now you're a mental health expert?
What's next? walking on water?
The more you post, the more ridiculous you become.
More about law than you.

That's painfully obvious.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep trolling. I haven't lost anything. In fact, the ground we've gained prevents you from killing more unborn children with every passing year.
Nothing will ever prevent me from having an abortion. You know full well that even if it were illegal, I could easily take a concoction that would induce a miscarriage and voila - abortion. The government will never be able to stop women from having abortions. Sorry that you think otherwise, but it's obvious you don't spend a lot of time thinking.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing will ever prevent me from having an abortion. You know full well that even if it were illegal, I could easily take a concoction that would induce a miscarriage and voila - abortion. The government will never be able to stop women from having abortions. Sorry that you think otherwise, but it's obvious you don't spend a lot of time thinking.
Of course not. Nothing will ever stop people from murdering each other. That doesn't mean it should be legal or that it isn't a violation of the unborn child's rights. I've never claimed that they'd be able to stop it, only that they can make it illegal and prosecute those doctors and mothers who kill their unborn children.

Comprehension isn't your strong suit.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Interesting to note you ignored that I proved you wrong.

Again.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly, you aren't even smart enough to recognize how stupid this statement is. You don't need to bring a lawsuit to have rights. The state, or anyone else, can bring a lawsuit or charge someone with a crime.
Some states, such as Virginia, have laws on the books that allow parents to sue for the wrongful death or murder of an unborn baby.
Ooops. Imagine that. I've proven you wrong.
Again.
this literally made me laugh out loud. You idiot. The ability for parents to sue for the wrongful death of their fetus is a violation of THEIR right to not have someone else terminate their fetus against their will. This makes the fetus a victim and the laws do not exist to represent any rights of the fetus. Most legislation fails because it would cause a legal distinction between a woman and her fetus. This distinction causes a slippery slope which then violates a woman's civil rights. You obviously don't know the law very well or what you're reading is completely inaccurate.

And I've looked into a lot of the states' fetal homicide laws. Most of them specifically state that charges cannot be brought if the fetus is terminated during a legal abortion. Others only allow fetal homicide to be charged if the fetus is of a certain "age." Others, such as Colorado and Maryland, only specifies that a person can be charged with fetal homicide if the person knew the woman was pregnant beforehand.

So, while you say a fetus has "rights" it seems that most states have provisions that make sure that a fetal death that occurs during an abortion is not subject to any legal action.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Choice for everyone except the unborn child you killed.
Except I've never killed a child. Killing a child results in incarceration. I'm not incarcerated. That is basic logic. You've obviously not been college educated or taken logic.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not. Nothing will ever stop people from murdering each other. That doesn't mean it should be legal or that it isn't a violation of the unborn child's rights. I've never claimed that they'd be able to stop it, only that they can make it illegal and prosecute those doctors and mothers who kill their unborn children.
Comprehension isn't your strong suit.
A. You have on numerous occasions made statements that have said "you will not be able to kill your unborn children." Obviously you don't even keep track of what you've said on here.

B. A woman doesn't need a doctor to have an abortion. Women will never be prosecuted for having an abortion. They're releasing killers and rapists because jails are overcrowded and you think they'll really start putting women in jail for having abortion?!?! That really is laughable. My goodness you are really reaching. The desperation is so obvious.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••