There is Everything Wrong with Abortion

“Becoming a better me!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#228111 Apr 1, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can, and have, proven that your "right" to kill an unborn child has been significantly eroded since Roe, and is more restricted with each passing year.
That's called a trendline. I know it's difficult for you to follow. By the time you understand, it will be too late.
Until then, keep lying. Everyone with half a brain has seen it.
"significantly eroded?" No. Eroded? to a degree, but not "significantly."

but for each "erosion" it simply means that more people who were quiet now stand up for women and their rights to bodily autonomy and privacy.

As I said, just travel to another state. Just as women did before Roe v Wade. One of my friends travelled from Nebraska to California to have a LEGAL abortion in 1971.

Should Roe v Wade be overturned, it will up to each individual state to determine a woman's right to choose. And there are states that will keep it legal.

No woman will EVER be forced to remain pregnant and give birth against her will.
Catch-22

Owasso, OK

#228112 Apr 1, 2013
"As I said, just travel to another state. Just as women did before Roe v Wade. One of my friends travelled from Nebraska to California to have a LEGAL abortion in 1971." Really? Why didn't she just go to Wisconsin? Much closer to Nebraska than California.

Because of her extremely poor health, early during her pregnancy in 1971, my wife briefly considered going to Wisconsin for an abortion -- until she realized (with no prodding from me) that the unborn baby inside her was indeed a human life.

Thanks to the Dalkon Shield, she lost what would have been our third child about 16 weeks into her pregnancy.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#228113 Apr 1, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, haven't lied about a thing. All you have is speculation. Which pretty much amounts to nothing.
There has not been any substantial decrease in anyone's ability to have an abortion. It is completely legal to obtain an abortion in the United States.
There is no everyone. There's just you and you're incompetent, unable to prove anything and unwilling to accept that abortion will always remain an option for women who do not want to remain pregnant.
You seem to have an issue with control. That's a personal issue and it has nothing to do with my uterus or the uterus of any woman on here. We'll do as we please with our bodies. Don't like it? Tough. Nothing you can do about it.
Oops. More lies. Since I've established this to be false, you can't use stupid as an excuse anymore.

Now you're just trolling in hopes other idiots will believe you.

Location hidden

#228114 Apr 1, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not one lie on there except that you maintained I could not have an abortion before admitting that I can. That's about how it went, right? That's what I thought.
Actually, you asserted that a fetus doesn't have rights.

Ooops. A lie.

Keep trolling.

Location hidden

#228115 Apr 1, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was 16, I held my nephew right after he was born. That was the first time I held a baby. When I had an abortion, I asked to see what was expelled. There was no baby in there. You're wrong. Every time.
Funny how far people will go to live with killing their unborn child.

It's a mental illness.
Catch-22

Owasso, OK

#228116 Apr 1, 2013
pbfa wrote:
<quoted text>
Murder is an illegal act against a born person. Abortion is the legal termination of a pregnancy. They are two different acts, and are only considered the same thing by dishonest, inaccurate PLM folks.

Glad I could help clarify things for you. Imprecise and inaccurate language fails every time.
And, just to clarify things for YOU, pbfa: Abortion terminates a pregnancy, whether or not the abortion is legal.

Location hidden

#228117 Apr 1, 2013
mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>
Birth control fails. I know that first hand.
Just because YOU think that sex is an agreement to pregnancy doesn't mean that it's true.
What a sad life you must have, to think that you know what is right and wrong for every single woman on the earth.
We've covered this. Try to keep up

Location hidden

#228118 Apr 1, 2013
mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>
"significantly eroded?" No. Eroded? to a degree, but not "significantly."
but for each "erosion" it simply means that more people who were quiet now stand up for women and their rights to bodily autonomy and privacy.
As I said, just travel to another state. Just as women did before Roe v Wade. One of my friends travelled from Nebraska to California to have a LEGAL abortion in 1971.
Should Roe v Wade be overturned, it will up to each individual state to determine a woman's right to choose. And there are states that will keep it legal.
No woman will EVER be forced to remain pregnant and give birth against her will.
Amazing how much energy the mentally ill will use to kill their unborn child.

Fortunately, it gets more difficult every year.
Catch-22

Owasso, OK

#228119 Apr 1, 2013
pbfa wrote:
<quoted text>
Murder is an illegal act against a born person. Abortion is the legal termination of a pregnancy. They are two different acts, and are only considered the same thing by dishonest, inaccurate PLM folks.

Glad I could help clarify things for you. Imprecise and inaccurate language fails every time.
And, just to clarify things for YOU, pbfa: Abortion terminates a pregnancy, whether or not the abortion is legal.
pbfa wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion is not used instead of birth control, or as a replacement 'form' of BC. In fact, it is most commonly used when BC fails.
No argument with your second sentence; however, can there be any doubt that many abortions occur because a copulating (most likely fornicating?) couple didn't use any means of birth control?

I see this as a great thread. Over five years old and still going strong. More than 200,000 comments for me to correct using common sense and logic.

Speaking of which -- I have absolutely not intention of saying whether or not abortion is murder. To do that, I'd have to know for certain when life begins. I THINK it begins at conception, but there are apparently millions (if not billions) of people who think otherwise.

Perhaps I'll have a better idea if I can manage to read the 217,516 comments that precede mine. Perhaps not.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#228120 Apr 1, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing how you went from cogent and reasonable, to ridiculous and sadistic, over the course of a few conversations. It seems you really DO want women to die for lack of legal abortion, even if the woman's death ends the life of her fetus. I've asserted that a lot of the folks on this thread have misogynist leanings, but you sir are the first ACTUAL misogynist I've run across here.

Congratulations?

Fortunately, as it always does in these situations, the tide will turn, and abortion's legality will again be unquestioned in favor of its continuation.

Have a day.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#228122 Apr 1, 2013
Abortion is a personal decision. Scientists say that when a baby is (legally) aborted, it is not yet a living life form. Therefore it is not murder. What if a woman got pregnant off of a rape. People that have been raped should certainly be allowed to abort the babies.

Location hidden

#228124 Apr 1, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Amazing how you went from cogent and reasonable, to ridiculous and sadistic, over the course of a few conversations. It seems you really DO want women to die for lack of legal abortion, even if the woman's death ends the life of her fetus. I've asserted that a lot of the folks on this thread have misogynist leanings, but you sir are the first ACTUAL misogynist I've run across here.
Congratulations?
Fortunately, as it always does in these situations, the tide will turn, and abortion's legality will again be unquestioned in favor of its continuation.
Have a day.
Amazing how you cry when you're responded to in kind.

When you aren't killing your unborn children, you're quite the hypocrite.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Columbus, OH

#228126 Apr 1, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops. More lies. Since I've established this to be false, you can't use stupid as an excuse anymore.
Now you're just trolling in hopes other idiots will believe you.
But you haven't. You've just shown that you're a sore loser and ignorant of the facts. Just like you did when you said I couldn't have an abortion. You've lost credibility son.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Columbus, OH

#228127 Apr 1, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you asserted that a fetus doesn't have rights.
Ooops. A lie.
Keep trolling.
Doesn't. Saying it does doesn't make it so. You've still not shown me one case where a fetus has brought a lawsuit against anyone or anything. Still waiting.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Columbus, OH

#228128 Apr 1, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how far people will go to live with killing their unborn child.
It's a mental illness.
If I had killed a child, certainly that would be sad. I'm lucky to live in a country with a pro-choice government.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Columbus, OH

#228129 Apr 1, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing how you cry when you're responded to in kind.
When you aren't killing your unborn children, you're quite the hypocrite.
The problem is that you say it will be impossible for women to have abortions. It will never be impossible. Even if it were illegal, which it won't be, it still wouldn't stop women from having abortions. You are far more naive than I thought if you truly believe making abortion illegal will stop women from having them. And don't follow up with that they'll be prosecuted. Because we've already established that they won't.

And see if you can answer this - if your "wife" if she does really exist was 4 weeks pregnant and her doctor said if you continue to remain pregnant, you will die (let's say she had a blood infection), so you would say "Yep, let my wife die." Let's see if you can actually give an answer to that.

“Becoming a better me!”

Location hidden

#228130 Apr 1, 2013
Catch-22 wrote:
"As I said, just travel to another state. Just as women did before Roe v Wade. One of my friends travelled from Nebraska to California to have a LEGAL abortion in 1971." Really? Why didn't she just go to Wisconsin? Much closer to Nebraska than California.
Because of her extremely poor health, early during her pregnancy in 1971, my wife briefly considered going to Wisconsin for an abortion -- until she realized (with no prodding from me) that the unborn baby inside her was indeed a human life.
Thanks to the Dalkon Shield, she lost what would have been our third child about 16 weeks into her pregnancy.
I'm sorry to hear that. Losing a child who is wanted is always sad.

It's also sad to bring a child who is unwanted into the world.

“Becoming a better me!”

Location hidden

#228131 Apr 1, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
First, you're a judge of morality.

Then you claim to know more about law that most of us?

Now you're a mental health expert?

What's next? walking on water?

The more you post, the more ridiculous you become.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#228132 Apr 1, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
But you haven't. You've just shown that you're a sore loser and ignorant of the facts. Just like you did when you said I couldn't have an abortion. You've lost credibility son.
Keep trolling. I haven't lost anything. In fact, the ground we've gained prevents you from killing more unborn children with every passing year.

Location hidden

#228133 Apr 1, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't. Saying it does doesn't make it so. You've still not shown me one case where a fetus has brought a lawsuit against anyone or anything. Still waiting.
Sadly, you aren't even smart enough to recognize how stupid this statement is. You don't need to bring a lawsuit to have rights. The state, or anyone else, can bring a lawsuit or charge someone with a crime.

Some states, such as Virginia, have laws on the books that allow parents to sue for the wrongful death or murder of an unborn baby.

Ooops. Imagine that. I've proven you wrong.

Again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 31 min Bongo 92,755
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 32 min LAWEST100 619,223
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 55 min Michael 667,948
God has.......A-L-W-A-Y-S?!?!......EXISTED???!!! 1 hr Defeated Atheism 11
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Defeated Atheism 979,478
London TV viewers fixed on trump Inaugural process 1 hr Mr About Town 8
Did O.J. toss murder into a Brentwood street g... 2 hr Doctor REALITY 27
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Brian_G 286,095
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 14 hr lisw 183,629
More from around the web