“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#227848 Mar 28, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comment contradicts itself. You are stating that the self-interest of the parent is a moral thing to do, when morallity actually is when you act in the interest of others.Your idea of what is in the best interest of the child, seems to be more in the self-interest of the parent.
The poster's comment does not contradict ITSELF - it contradicts YOUR morality. If a woman knows she cannot raise a child, it would be immoral, in my view, for her to bring it into the world to starve, or be abused, neglected, abandoned, or any of a host of other things.

But, since once the child IS born, it's 'no longer your concern', that sort of thing doesn't bother you as much, as the law allowing her to make her own decision on the matter does.

I think it's your morality that should be in question here. There are 6.79 BILLION humans in the world already. Why not try to make life better for them, rather than add to the misery by deliberately causing more of it?

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#227849 Mar 28, 2013
mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you are deliberately ignoring the difference between "granny" who is a living, breathing, independent individual and a zygote small than the head of a pin that cannot be seen with the naked eye.
I am not advocating killing every human being. Read the next paragraph word for word:
I am saying that the needs and wishes of the woman who is pregnant and doesn't want to be take precedence over the z/e/f in her uterus that cannot possibly live outside of it for even a second.
Stop twisting my words and running down bunny trails.
In other words pure selfishness on the mothers part.Why do you keep going back from zef,to baby?
Just because you didn't want your child?
You are very confused honey.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Becoming a better me!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#227850 Mar 28, 2013
Life is Precious wrote:
<quoted text> In other words pure selfishness on the mothers part.Why do you keep going back from zef,to baby?
No. You are just a silly old twatwaffle who has a fascination with my uterus and the events of my life 27 years ago.

Must be that your own life is lacking that you must focus on my past.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#227852 Mar 28, 2013
Life is Precious wrote:
<quoted text> In other words pure selfishness on the mothers part.Why do you keep going back from zef,to baby?
Selfishness is a prime result of the survival instinct.

My 'pure selfishness' saved my life. I have no regrets, shame, guilt, or bitterness about that.

Sorry if that confuses and/or frustrates you, but not very.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Hightstown, NJ

#227853 Mar 28, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comment contradicts itself. You are stating that the self-interest of the parent is a moral thing to do, when morallity actually is when you act in the interest of others.Your idea of what is in the best interest of the child, seems to be more in the self-interest of the parent.
No, my comment doesn't contradict itself because a pregnant woman is not a parent. She would be a parent-to-be. And either way, the best interest of the mother is almost always considered over the fetus. If a pregnant woman is dying, they do their best to save her life first and foremost. Then if they can save the fetus, great. If not, the woman lives.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#227854 Mar 28, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
Anti-abortionists need to learn from the pro-abortion movement in that they have been able to promote the idea of killing your unborn child to the point that a large portion of society now considers it as a socially acceptable thing to do. This distorted view of morallity that is ingrained into the minds of a lot of people can only be corrected in just the same manner that Planned Parenthood and their allies were able to instill it, a little at a time – but this time simply by telling the truth instead of by deception and distortion. So what we really need to do is to just stand up and tell the emporer that he has no clothes on so-to-speak.
If we view some human life as unimportant, it will ultimately have a far greater negative affect on women than if we assume that we are all created equally, and instill that value into society. You can see the results every minute of every day of the idea that not all human life is important, but thankfully more and more people are seeing the degradation that pro-abortion ideas result in, and are finding it in their hearts to become the voice of the voiceless, and of the unwanted. We should realize that the seed we spread today is the tree that grows tommorrow.
There is no pro-abortion movement. I dare you to try and prove there is.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#227855 Mar 28, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
If you kill a fetus at any point in it's development it ends the life of a person. You can't kill a POTENTIAL life, and nobody would ever have the desire to kill something that isn't there.
1. Sentience does not = person.
2. Being IN your body does not = being a Part of your body.
3. A fetus is a child. Is the survivor of an abortion any less of a child simply because they are “unwanted”? There are many “unwanted” adult people, but does that make them any less of a person?
4. Being “unwanted” does not = not being a person.
5. A preborn child is innocent in the same way that you or I may be innocent because of our ignorance.
That you consider a 6-wk-old fetus a person in your opinion. It is not a person. People have certain qualities that a piece of flesh within a uterus does not have. You still choose to ignore there are vast differences between a fetus in the early stages of pregnancy and an actual child. A fetus is not a child. It most certainly is potential life because it is not alive. Sentience is one of the defining qualities of a person. Just one, not the only.

You keep using the argument of late-term pregnancies to bolster your argument because you know there is a big difference between being two months pregnant and 7 months pregnant. Not one person on this thread advocates late-term abortion, so your argument is null and void. An unwanted pregnancy is the early stages is perfectly acceptable.

A fetus is not capable of innocence. It is not innocent or malevolent. Saying it is doesn't make it so. Something would have to have a brain and the capability to be either to be defined one way or another.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#227856 Mar 28, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that the same thing as saying that it is not a person as long as it is in my house?
Despite your analogy, the second ammendment is there only to protect ourselves when our lives and freedom are in danger, and it would be opposite of the spirit of that ammendment to go around arbitrarily shooting people with the pretense that they might someday hurt you, or if they just simply get in your way.
Last time I checked, my house was not a person. You people always resort to these absurd idiotic analogies because you know your argument doesn't hold water. My body is mine. I can choose to share it with whomever and whatever I choose. If I decide I don't want to use my body to grow a child, I won't. It is also my right while I'm pregnant to smoke, drink, use drugs and eat bad foods. If I am pregnant and walking down the street with a cigarette, I cannot be arrested. Because it is MY body. The fetus inside does not have rights.

The second amendment is up for interpretation. Either way, the constitution guarantees my right to an abortion if I so choose to have one. I have the right to protect myself, my body, my future and have an abortion for any other reason I see fit.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#227857 Mar 28, 2013
Life is Precious wrote:
You can call having abortion anything you want. Either way, a woman still has the right to have one.

There are lots of women who don't want their children. There are some women who give birth and still don't want their children.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

#227858 Mar 28, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Fundies eventually get to the threats.
Always.
^5

this one in particular is vile and nasty.

who gave birth to a daughter and beat her so badly, the child is brain dead, but 35 yrs old and on life support.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Ravianna

Lincoln City, OR

#227859 Mar 28, 2013
Indeed. I can't wait until abortion goes back to the Supreme Court so it can end this crime against humanity.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#227860 Mar 28, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
What is potential about the life of a human being? There is no such thing as a potential life. The “wad of goo” develops very quickly after conception and can soon be very easily recognized as a living, human person. This “wad of goo” angle might apply only before most women even know they are pregnant. What about the “wad of goo” that survives an abortion, are they any less of a person simply because they are unwanted by the parent? At best, your argument is illogical. The future of any of us, regardless of the stage of our physical development is not guaranteed, but neither is it inherently any less valuable than any another.
Bullshite. It's a wad of goo that cannot live on its own for quite a spell, and if the woman who is pregnant does not wish to risk her life and health trying to bring it to term, she doesn't have to as long as she acts within a reasonable time. When you're pregnant, YOU can make the decision, but until then, it's none of your business.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#227861 Mar 28, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently there is a place called “Cloud Cuckoo-land” where sentience is not an option, and preborn children and zygotes go to be aborted.
You never answered the question either.
Apparently there is a place called "Cloud Cuckoo-land where wads of goo can think, talk and make demands upon actual living, breathing human beings.
Not your body? Not your uterus? NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#227862 Mar 29, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can call having abortion anything you want. Either way, a woman still has the right to have one.
There are lots of women who don't want their children. There are some women who give birth and still don't want their children.
And there are alot of women who didn't think they wanted that chid but once born fell in love with that baby and are great mothers.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#227863 Mar 29, 2013
mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>
No. You are just a silly old twatwaffle who has a fascination with my uterus and the events of my life 27 years ago.
Must be that your own life is lacking that you must focus on my past.
You are delusional.

Location hidden

#227864 Mar 29, 2013
Ravianna wrote:
Indeed. I can't wait until abortion goes back to the Supreme Court so it can end this crime against humanity.
I agree

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#227866 Mar 29, 2013
Life is Precious wrote:
<quoted text>And there are alot of women who didn't think they wanted that chid but once born fell in love with that baby and are great mothers.
That fact doesn't negate what I previously said. It's a woman choice whether or not to become a mother.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#227867 Mar 29, 2013
Ravianna wrote:
How do you think it's going to end? Do you believe abortion will stop if it were outlawed? It wouldn't. It's always been around, it will always be around and there's no law or government that will stop abortions from taking place. You're probably one of those same people who says gun control laws won't stop violent crimes but don't see the hypocrisy in thinking abortion laws or restrictions will stop abortions. And especially in this day and age, abortions will be even easier to get thanks to the internet and grassroots organizations (IF it were outlawed, which I doubt it ever will be). And it also won't be able to be persecuted because medically, there is no way to tell if a woman has had an abortion or a miscarriage. So, this is all in vain.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#227868 Mar 29, 2013
Life is Precious wrote:
<quoted text>I agree
Can I ask you a question without you getting juvenile and resorting to name-calling? What do you do to prevent abortions and the women who decide to remain pregnant and have their child despite financial hardships or whatever, how do you help them?

I'm just wondering because you seem to be so adamant that abortion is an evil, I'm assuming you are very proactive in helping those who turn away from abortion, right?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#227869 Mar 29, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Can I ask you a question without you getting juvenile and resorting to name-calling? What do you do to prevent abortions and the women who decide to remain pregnant and have their child despite financial hardships or whatever, how do you help them?
I'm just wondering because you seem to be so adamant that abortion is an evil, I'm assuming you are very proactive in helping those who turn away from abortion, right?
Right. Because it's my responsibility to support the children of the irresponsible. WTF is wrong with you people?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min USA Born 579,478
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min RADEKT 270,217
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Bongo 818,495
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 12 min LAWEST100 610,000
Kokopelli's Place, too (Jan '08) 13 min Jolly 24,065
Will Satan, fallen demons, and lost human be i... 28 min giddy up 4
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 36 min monu top ggn 14
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 4 hr River Tam 2,054
More from around the web