Comments
216,981 - 217,000 of 221,373 Comments Last updated Wednesday Aug 13

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Hightstown, NJ

#227618 Mar 12, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
In Hebrew it is quite clear, there is NO commandment to not "kill", only a Commandment to not "murder". If you don't know Hebrew, do not argue with those who do when it comes to the meaning of a word IN Hebrew...
Isn't it amazing when someone is so proud of his/her ignorance? This is a commonly known fact that many Christians choose to ignore and refuse to look into for themselves because, like every other inconsistency in the bible, it would shed doubt on their beliefs.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#227619 Mar 12, 2013
mamma-san wrote:
This is heartbreaking for all concerned:
A woman who was raped gave the resultant infant up for adoption and tried to put it all behind her. As an adult, the daughter has tried to track her biological mother down.
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/adoptee-s...
Yes, it's heartbreaking, but her statement of "This was before rape was invented." is complete crap and she lost all my sympathy with that along her complete refusal to tell her daughter about what happened.
If she'd just had one private meeting with the woman, and said "Don't contact me again, it's all too painful for me" and the adoptee had continued trying to contact and make a relationship, THEN I could sympathize. THEN the adoptee would be going too far.
Before rape was invented??? She's a selfish and crappy mother.
I say this as a survivor of forcible rapes, a mother, and an adoptee.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#227620 Mar 12, 2013
Oh, I read more of the story. It was her boyfriend who got her pregnant, the rape was STATUTORY, not a forcible stranger rape. They'd been dating for over two years.
The father's family wanted to keep the baby, but had no rights to stop the adoption, although they tried.
Nope, she's getting no sympathy from me over ONE attempt at contact that she rejected, and not pursued by the adoptee further.
The headline and all makes it seem as if she was harassed by the daughter. She wasn't.
USG

Saint Louis, MO

#227621 Mar 12, 2013
Thou shall not murder.

It's pretty clear what that means. Since we kill things all the time, whether it's plants or animals or people if we determine that as punishment, it couldn't be thou shall not kill.

There is no mention of abortion in the Bible.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#227622 Mar 12, 2013
mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you refer to your 17 year old as a baby? A Toddler? Or as a Senior Citizen?
That's why we don't refer to embryos or fetuses as a "baby."
Because that's not what they are.
When they're born, they're babies or infants.
My Mom continued to call be her "baby" all her life, even after I had a kid of my own.

#227623 Mar 12, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Christ himself made paul a witness unto him upon his conversion, he was the Lord's special envoy to the gentile church locations in and around Asia minor at that time,
For the sake of our justice system, I pray that you NEVER sit on a jury...

The ONLY "evidence" that we have of that is Paul's own word, and the word of one of his traveling companions. Can you say "biased source"? Almost... let's try again: "bi- assed source". There you go. There is no corroborating evidence that any of it happened anywhere outside Paul's own mind.
LAWEST100 wrote:
you deny the Lord Jesus Christ and try to establish your "salvation" in old despensation laws that were ended with the arrival of Christ,
So, the God of the Bible said that the Laws were to be observed FOR EVER, but you want to call Him a liar. Good luck with that.
LAWEST100 wrote:
Christ himself began to preach this gospel and anything that Paul and the other written unto the churches are an extension of the Lord's Word as Christ is the Word in human form.........
Jesus preached Judaism. He insisted that all of the Laws needed to be followed for all time. Paul contradicts what the rest of the Bible said on the subject.
LAWEST100 wrote:
Matthew 10:32-33
32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. 33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
2 Peter 2:1 - But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
Peter was talking about Paul.
LAWEST100 wrote:
Romans 10:13 - For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved
At present this doesn't appear to be you.
Nope. I will never call on a false god for salvation. Sort of like calling upon a cement life ring to save you from drowning.
LAWEST100 wrote:
Jeremiah 17:10 - I the LORD search the heart,[I] try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways,[and] according to the fruit of his doings.
If you want to continue to pretend to worship the God of the Bible, you had better pay attention to this verse...

I am happy with the fruit of the trees that I have planted.
LAWEST100 wrote:
John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
2 Corinthians 5:17 - Therefore if any man [be] in Christ,[he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
Gross conceptual errors.
LAWEST100 wrote:
2 Peter 1:21 - For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake [as they were] moved by the Holy Ghost.
Continue to deny the Lord Jesus, you will wake up in the judgement just be be cast into hellfire.
Hell is another myth with no Biblical justificationi.

#227624 Mar 12, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Trust and faith in God can deliver you those situations without having to kill anyone, there have been testimonies by believers to this effect.
Isaiah 54:17
No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord.
Silly child, you should not try to quote out of context, it makes you look even more foolish when you are shown to be wrong...

Isaiah 54:10 For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the LORD that hath mercy on thee.
54:11 O thou afflicted, tossed with tempest, and not comforted, behold, I will lay thy stones with fair colours, and lay thy foundations with sapphires.
54:12 And I will make thy windows of agates, and thy gates of carbuncles, and all thy borders of pleasant stones.
54:13 And all thy children shall be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of thy children.
54:14 In righteousness shalt thou be established: thou shalt be far from oppression; for thou shalt not fear: and from terror; for it shall not come near thee.
54:15 Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake.
54:16 Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy.
54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

This is a comment about the times AFTER the REAL Messiah comes. Since this did not happen after Jesus, it is obvious that Jesus was not the Messiah of prophecy.

#227625 Mar 12, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it amazing when someone is so proud of his/her ignorance? This is a commonly known fact that many Christians choose to ignore and refuse to look into for themselves because, like every other inconsistency in the bible, it would shed doubt on their beliefs.
That is why I like posting the way I do. Using the facts of the Bible to prove false beliefs wrong is SOOOOOO much fun!

#227626 Mar 12, 2013
USG wrote:
Thou shall not murder.
It's pretty clear what that means. Since we kill things all the time, whether it's plants or animals or people if we determine that as punishment, it couldn't be thou shall not kill.
There is no mention of abortion in the Bible.
Not entirely true. There is a passage in Exodus that talks about men striving and causing a woman to abort her fetus. If the WOMAN is harmed, then it calls for an eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth and life for a life. If the only harm is the aborted fetus, then the husband can take them to court and demand a few shekels for the lost potential and the matter is ended.

“Live & Learn”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#227628 Mar 13, 2013
Nanack Kenden wrote:
<quoted text>
I must SAY, I am amused by your RANDOM capitalization that PERVADES your "reasoning".(I'm also amused by people who insist that the life of a baby is meaningless getting morally indignant about anything.)
I suppose that if a woman doesn't want to be a mother, she can just smother her newborn. And if you object, who the hell are you to make that decision for her? She doesn't have to be the mother, you know.
If a woman wants to minimize her chances of getting pregnant, don't have sex. Sorry to sound like a stick in the mud. Sex without consequences is not a fundamental right endowed by our creator.
The fact that you didn't want or plan for the consequences of your actions does not absolve you from them. Your argument is literally just "If I didn't want it to happen, I shouldn't deal with it." I wonder if that's the defense Ted Kennedy used if he spoke to Mary Jo Kopechne's parents. "Well, you see, I didn't MEAN to drive into the lake and kill your daughter. Well, now that everything's cleared up..."
I'd really a women get an abortion, then abuse and neglect a child. Our world is fulled with people who's mother's didn't want them. And not all but A good amount of unwanted children grow up to be maladjusted adults who can't even function in society. Have you seen a child with an attachment disorder that, because their mothers ignored them from infancy...it's sad..abortion is sad too, not as sad as child that grows up feeling unloved...

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#227629 Mar 13, 2013
MoonLitSnow wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd really rather a woman get an abortion, then abuse and neglect a child. Our world is filled with people who's mothers didn't want them. And not all but a good amount of unwanted children grow up to be maladjusted adults who can't even function in society. Have you seen a child with an attachment disorder, who, because their mothers ignored them from infancy...it's sad..abortion is sad too, not as sad as a child that grows up feeling unloved...
I'm with you on this.
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#227630 Mar 13, 2013
MoonLitSnow wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd really a women get an abortion, then abuse and neglect a child. Our world is fulled with people who's mother's didn't want them. And not all but A good amount of unwanted children grow up to be maladjusted adults who can't even function in society. Have you seen a child with an attachment disorder that, because their mothers ignored them from infancy...it's sad..abortion is sad too, not as sad as child that grows up feeling unloved...
Same thing goes with gay adoptions...children being denied to people who are perfectly capable of being good parents yet are denied because they're gay, and the kids end up bearing that load by getting sent to some shitfaced (but straight!) parents:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/02/24/oklahoma....

Location hidden

#227631 Mar 13, 2013
The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
Same thing goes with gay adoptions...children being denied to people who are perfectly capable of being good parents yet are denied because they're gay, and the kids end up bearing that load by getting sent to some shitfaced (but straight!) parents:
http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/02/24/oklahoma....
Oh honey - now you're talking reality. The so-called 'pro-life' folks can't recognize that shyte. Doesn't fit the 'but this is how it outta be' mold, you know....
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#227632 Mar 13, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Oh honey - now you're talking reality. The so-called 'pro-life' folks can't recognize that shyte. Doesn't fit the 'but this is how it outta be' mold, you know....
WHEN have those putzes ever been right on issues of family and sexuality? First they ban comprehensive sex ed, then they ban abortion, then they ban gay adoptions. But it's PERFECTLY fine to have an abusive family as long as it's Christian and straight.

Give us a break, people!

Location hidden

#227633 Mar 13, 2013
Life is Precious wrote:
<quoted text>Why would he have a problem with him?
Here's what Prima Nocta means, dear:

"When any common girl inhabiting their lands is married, our Nobles shall have sexual rights to her on the night of her wedding."

The point, of course, is for the first child of the marriage to be Lawest's, rather than your husband's.

One would hope your fiancee' would have a problem with this...but I guess the man you picked, given your propensity for submission, will be fine with it.
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#227634 Mar 13, 2013
<quoted text>Here's what Prima Nocta means, dear:
"When any common girl inhabiting their lands is married, our Nobles shall have sexual rights to her on the night of her wedding."
The point, of course, is for the first child of the marriage to be Lawest's, rather than your husband's.
One would hope your fiancee' would have a problem with this...but I guess the man you picked, given your propensity for submission, will be fine with it.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/a86240b247fc8a3579...

Location hidden

#227636 Mar 13, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, that reminds me. If anyone here has a daughter for sale, I could use a good housekeeper. Sewing would be optional, but a plus. I can cook, but I need a good baker.
(18+ only, please.)
My son is an excellent baker, and knows what clean means. Fortunately, however, he is his own man, and you'd have to work the employment and financial details out with him. I'll give him a link to your post, and we'll see how it goes from there.

")

“Becoming a better me!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#227637 Mar 14, 2013
NWmoon wrote:
Oh, I read more of the story. It was her boyfriend who got her pregnant, the rape was STATUTORY, not a forcible stranger rape. They'd been dating for over two years.
The father's family wanted to keep the baby, but had no rights to stop the adoption, although they tried.
Nope, she's getting no sympathy from me over ONE attempt at contact that she rejected, and not pursued by the adoptee further.
The headline and all makes it seem as if she was harassed by the daughter. She wasn't.
I apologize to everyone for posting that story. I didn't follow through and research it more carefully. Moon, thanks for being far more thorough that I was.

“Becoming a better me!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#227638 Mar 14, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lawest shows his ability for reading comprehension with many of our posts on here. Of course he's not comprehending what he's reading, if he actually reads the bible. Instead, he parrots what other people say, or gets it from the back of his Captain Marvel comic books.

His cherry picking what "godly rules" he will and won't follow does amuse me greatly though.

He lives by Paul's "men shouldn't have long hair" but ignores Jesus's command to "do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

Paul actually says in one of his books that women shouldn't wear jewelry. I don't hear Lawest having a snit fit because women wear earrings or rings.

And he never DID answer how long "long hair" is. And his assertion that Jesus didn't have long hair still cracks me up.

We MUST band together and get him a comic book of the bible. Perhaps then he'll read it better.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#227639 Mar 14, 2013
<quoted text>Here's what Prima Nocta means, dear:
My fiance is totally against abortion, by the way you are crazy. Just saying.
Have a wonderful day.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 9 min DeAngelo of Memphis 2,456
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 20 min Catcher1 733,219
Good bye Michael Sam 20 min WasteWater 9
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 21 min Serah 600,014
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 23 min June VanDerMark 539,185
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 36 min WasteWater 4,343
someone is so happy Michael Sams is released 38 min andet1987 2
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 38 min WasteWater 258,078
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Patrick 226,389
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••