There is Everything Wrong with Abortion
Ocean56

AOL

#227526 Mar 5, 2013
Life is Precious wrote:
You are so sad,I pity you. You have nothing in your life. I doubt your boys even talk to you.And what about that so called daughter you never talk about.(COUGH). If she is real she probably disowned you. Sounds like a pretty smart woman to me.
You say you adopted her,but yet didn't have the money or means to take care of the baby you murdered. You make me sick.
Do you really expect me to buy your idiotic claims to being a "true Christian" when you post such hate-filled drivel against one poster? Guess what, LIP, I DON'T buy it, and I doubt any other prochoice poster here buys it either.

The one who consistently comes off as a hateful person whose children probably don't talk to her is YOU. If that is the case, I certainly wouldn't blame them.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#227528 Mar 5, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
There goes that good Christian behavior. Eyeroll. Why are you so preoccupied with MS? It's bordering on compulsive and obsessive.
Actually, it's jealousy. LIP cannot fathom the courage it would take to slip the bonds of her self-imposed fanaticism, and think about someone other than herself for a change...it drives her a bit nutzo.

Just a guess.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#227529 Mar 5, 2013
The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible advocates smiting enemies, castration, honour killings, infanticide, patricide, matricide, you name it. Doesn't take more than a few pages for the book to contradict itself.
And it's funny that you quote Exodus seeing as it's from the Torah, when Christians like you very readily reject it on the basis of Jesus's death rendering Mosaic Law null. Or calling the New Testament "superior" for that matter.
Don't reject the OT at all, I just know what is viable to live by and what is ejnded by Christ when his Word says that 'Christ is the end of the law'.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#227530 Mar 5, 2013
Life is Precious wrote:
<quoted text>Lawest may I repectfully disagree with you, my fiance has long hair. God doesn't look at the outside,he looks at the heart. I hope you understand what I am saying. Do you still have my number?
Evening LIP. No I don't have your number anymore, but you are welcome to T-Mail it to me again if you wish, but to your post, it is true that God looks at the heart more so than anything else but bare in mind that quite often the outwards appearance of a person is a reflection of what is in the heart, I don't know your fiance of course to assess him, but I did provide Biblical scripture to back my point up.

Have a Blessed night my friend.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#227531 Mar 5, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Sure there is, your lack of Biblical knowledge is much wanting.......
1 Corinthians 11:14 - Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him
Silly, ignorant child, I was talking about the Bible, not the useless opinions of a false prophet. In fact, he was wrong in the verse you quoted: in nature, it is usually the male that has the most colorful or extravagent display.

However, if you wish to try again, do remember that ALL sins are defined in the Torah, and ONLY in the Torah. If it is not in the Torah, it is not a sin.

#227532 Mar 5, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong again "silly child" you really know nothing of God's Word.......
Exodus 20:13
13 Thou shalt not kill.
Liar. It does NOT say that at all.

The actual commandment is: thou shalt not commit MURDER. The Bible is full of killing, including the killing of children and infants, whcih made the God of the Bible very happy.

#227533 Mar 5, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
Every civilisation, Christian or not, has laws against murder. However, whilst most know the 10 Commandments, they seem unaware of the myriad of additional rules in the subsequent chapters of Exodus.
Also there:
"Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live". Exodus 22. 18
Minor point, but the word should ctually be "poisoner" (of wells) rather than witch.
tony1003 wrote:
"He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the Lord only, he shall be utterly destroyed" Exodus 23.20.
Been doing any sacrificing or witch slaying lately?
Notice you ignored my question about the other gospels which were read by early Christians, but didn't make it into the finished version (were they not divinely inspired also?). Here's a link for you for the First Gospel of the Infancy of Jesus Christ:
http://www.sacred-texts.com/bib/lbob/lbob07.h...

Location hidden

#227534 Mar 5, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Evening LIP. No I don't have your number anymore, but you are welcome to T-Mail it to me again if you wish, but to your post, it is true that God looks at the heart more so than anything else but bare in mind that quite often the outwards appearance of a person is a reflection of what is in the heart, I don't know your fiance of course to assess him, but I did provide Biblical scripture to back my point up.
Have a Blessed night my friend.
Seems she's going to let you just pat her on the head like this; she'll probably be okay with it if you impose prima nocte when she marries this guy.

Him, you might have a problem with.

Sheesh...

#227535 Mar 5, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Don't reject the OT at all, I just know what is viable to live by and what is ejnded by Christ when his Word says that 'Christ is the end of the law'.
And that means that you ARE rejecting the OT. It states, repeatedly and in unambiguous language, that the Laws of Moses, the Torah, is to be followed for ever by the children of Israel, or anyone who converts to follow the God of the Bible. Any who do not worship in the manner taught by Moses will be cursed, killed, etc. Both the Torah itself and the writings of most of the prophets stress this point over and over. In both GoMatt and GoLuke Jesus is quoted as saying the same thing.

Anyone who says different is, by the Bible's definition, a false prophet.
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#227536 Mar 5, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Don't reject the OT at all, I just know what is viable to live by and what is ejnded by Christ when his Word says that 'Christ is the end of the law'.
What, so you just cherry pick your way through Biblical texts to suit your opinion of Jeebus? You're not a scholar to decide that nor do you have the sufficient knowledge of the Torah and the New Testament to know what is "viable" today.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#227537 Mar 6, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Seems she's going to let you just pat her on the head like this; she'll probably be okay with it if you impose prima nocte when she marries this guy.
Him, you might have a problem with.
Sheesh...
Why would he have a problem with him? When I first met him the first thing I looked at was his hair. That was wrong of me to do that.I prejudged him because of the way I was raised. I am ashamed of my self for that. Once I sat and talked to him I saw what was is in his heart.One thing I do believe is when we enter the gates of heaven God won't care what we look like,it's what we have done here on earth. IMO

Location hidden

#227538 Mar 6, 2013
Life is Precious wrote:
<quoted text>Why would he have a problem with him? When I first met him the first thing I looked at was his hair. That was wrong of me to do that.I prejudged him because of the way I was raised. I am ashamed of my self for that. Once I sat and talked to him I saw what was is in his heart.One thing I do believe is when we enter the gates of heaven God won't care what we look like,it's what we have done here on earth. IMO
Of course you chose to completely miss the point - which was that you seek Lawie's approval. You're so enslaved to patriarchy, that what Lawest thinks of your fiancee's long hair, actually MATTERS to you.

Blech.

“Becoming a better me!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#227539 Mar 6, 2013
The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
What, so you just cherry pick your way through Biblical texts to suit your opinion of Jeebus? You're not a scholar to decide that nor do you have the sufficient knowledge of the Torah and the New Testament to know what is "viable" today.
Yes, he does. You nailed it.

He's not a scholar; he parrots back what he's been told or what he's read in the back of his Captain Marvel comic books.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#227540 Mar 6, 2013
<quoted text>Of course you chose to completely miss the point - which was that you seek Lawie's approval. You're so enslaved to patriarchy, that what Lawest thinks of your fiancee's long hair, actually MATTERS to you.
Blech.
UMMMMMMM, no it doesn't. It's what matters to me idiot.

Blech!!

Location hidden

#227541 Mar 6, 2013
Life is Precious wrote:
<quoted text>UMMMMMMM, no it doesn't. It's what matters to me idiot.
Blech!!
Oooooooooh, Lawest....My fiancee has long hair, so take it back about the "God hates long hair," thing you said....do you still have my number daddy???"

Whatever.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Hightstown, NJ

#227542 Mar 6, 2013
"Those of us who are familiar with the original Hebrew text of the Bible find frequent occasion to whine about inaccuracies and misleading expressions in the translations that are in use among non-Jews. Many of these discrepancies arose out of patently theological motives, as Christian interpreters rewrote passages in the “Old Testament” so as to turn them into predictions or prefigurations of the life of Jesus. Some of the mistranslations, though, are harder to account for.

For me, one of the most irksome cases has always been the rendering of the sixth commandment as “Thou shalt not kill.” In this form, the quote has been conscripted into the service of diverse causes, including those of pacifism, animal rights, the opposition to capital punishment, and the anti-abortion movement.

Indeed,“kill” in English is an all-encompassing verb that covers the taking of life in all forms and for all classes of victims. That kind of generalization is expressed in Hebrew through the verb “harag.” However, the verb that appears in the Torah’s prohibition is a completely different one,” ratsah” which, it would seem, should be rendered “murder.” This root refers only to criminal acts of killing.

It is, of course, not just a question of etymology. Those ideologies that adduce the commandment in support of their gentle-hearted causes are compelled to feign ignorance of all those other places in the Bible that condone or command warfare, the slaughter of sacrificial animals, and an assortment of methods for inflicting capital punishment.

http://winteryknight.wordpress.com/2010/03/25...

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Hightstown, NJ

#227543 Mar 6, 2013
For LIP exclusively...

Mark 12:28-34 ESV / 3 helpful votes

And one of the scribes came up and heard them disputing with one another, and seeing that he answered them well, asked him,“Which commandment is the most important of all?” Jesus answered,“The most important is,‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this:‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.” And the scribe said to him,“You are right, Teacher. You have truly said that he is one, and there is no other besides him....

So, why do you go against the greatest commandment as set forth by your god?
LightForce

Rockford, MI

#227544 Mar 6, 2013
mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>
MPNF put it perfectly; what is moral for you is not necessarily moral for me.
"saving the life of another" What does that entail? I chose abortion because I had two young sons 100% dependent upon me. I felt their lives were more important; therefore I was saving their emotional lives.
Until you've walked in those shoes, please don't pass judgment. It's a horrible choice to make, and each woman has a different reason for making it. You can't possibly understand.
I'm not trying to judge you, and am sorry if you take it that way. I'm just trying to state what I am thoroughly convinced is the truth, and it has nothing to do with you, or any person, but more about the decadent situation that our society is in.

As I said, truth is not relative, and you can just as easily say that morality is not relative. The question is who decides what truth and morality are. Nobody really can change what truth and morality is, but usually those with the greater power will force their will on the more weak and vulnerable . Don't you think that what is true and moral for you in regards to the actions from others upon you should also be applicable to everyone else in a just society? The premise is that under a certain standards you don't treat anybody different than you would have them treat yourself, because we are all created equal. If abortion, or killing the unborn child is accepted because it can produce a subjective sense of happiness as measured by convenience, relief of stress or financial hardship, then taking the lives of other people would also qualify under that logic. Once you understand that a preborn child is as equally a full-fledged person just like you or I, you can't rationally defend abortion unless you also defend the right to kill other human beings. The choices that don't involve having an abortion can be challenging, but abortion is the only choice that kills an innocent person. Because of that, it will ultimately have the most negative consequences for ourselves, and on society because it not only takes the innocent life of an unborn child, but also sets a precedence that it is now OK to kill certain human beings. The inevitable conclusion to this will be a society where the powerful, for their own self-interest determine which human beings will live and which will die.

The fact that there may have been no help available to you, or that you may have been unaware that there is help available is part of the symptoms of this immoral foundation that we have set our standards of life on, so that now not only is abortion for the most part ignored, and become accepted in our society, but it is often even encouraged.

By what you have said, just like the Nazi's who worked in the death camps, your choice was probably due at least in part to the situation that you were in. Did Hitler search the countryside of Germany for the most evil people he could find, or were they just for the most part people not much different than you or I, but put into a bad situation like yourself. If what you say is true, then most people in this Country, especially given the culture that we live in, if put in the same situation that you were in would probably have had an abortion also. Susan B. Anthony, who was an early feminist when women could not even vote, viewed abortion as a means of exploiting both women and children. In her newspaper “The Revolution” it was stated “When a woman destroys the life of her unborn child, it is a sign that by education or circumstances, she has been greatly wronged.”

It seems to me that instead of us just asking the benign question of whether abortion should be legal or not, we need to be asking ourselves, just like we ask the question “what causes cancer”, how our society has become so barbaric.

Location hidden

#227545 Mar 6, 2013
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not trying to judge you, and am sorry if you take it that way. I'm just trying to state what I am thoroughly convinced is the truth, and it has nothing to do with you, or any person, but more about the decadent situation that our society is in.
As I said, truth is not relative, and you can just as easily say that morality is not relative. The question is who decides what truth and morality are. Nobody really can change what truth and morality is, but usually those with the greater power will force their will on the more weak and vulnerable . Don't you think that what is true and moral for you in regards to the actions from others upon you should also be applicable to everyone else in a just society? The premise is that under a certain standards you don't treat anybody different than you would have them treat yourself, because we are all created equal. If abortion, or killing the unborn child is accepted because it can produce a subjective sense of happiness as measured by convenience, relief of stress or financial hardship, then taking the lives of other people would also qualify under that logic. Once you understand that a preborn child is as equally a full-fledged person just like you or I, you can't rationally defend abortion unless you also defend the right to kill other human beings. The choices that don't involve having an abortion can be challenging, but abortion is the only choice that kills an innocent person. Because of that, it will ultimately have the most negative consequences for ourselves, and on society because it not only takes the innocent life of an unborn child, but also sets a precedence that it is now OK to kill certain human beings. The inevitable conclusion to this will be a society where the powerful, for their own self-interest determine which human beings will live and which will die.
The fact that there may have been no help available to you, or that you may have been unaware that there is help available is part of the symptoms of this immoral foundation that we have set our standards of life on, so that now not only is abortion for the most part ignored, and become accepted in our society, but it is often even encouraged.
By what you have said, just like the Nazi's who worked in the death camps, your choice was probably due at least in part to the situation that you were in. Did Hitler search the countryside of Germany for the most evil people he could find, or were they just for the most part people not much different than you or I, but put into a bad situation like yourself. If what you say is true, then most people in this Country, especially given the culture that we live in, if put in the same situation that you were in would probably have had an abortion also. Susan B. Anthony, who was an early feminist when women could not even vote, viewed abortion as a means of exploiting both women and children. In her newspaper “The Revolution” it was stated “When a woman destroys the life of her unborn child, it is a sign that by education or circumstances, she has been greatly wronged.”
It seems to me that instead of us just asking the benign question of whether abortion should be legal or not, we need to be asking ourselves, just like we ask the question “what causes cancer”, how our society has become so barbaric.
Eloquent as your statement is, it completely ignores the fact that societies from the dawn of recorded history have deemed self-defense a viable reason for killing. In many instances, abortion is self-defense - and no matter how eloquent you are, you will never convince me that I chose poorly when I chose to save my own life with one. That choice MUST remain legal. Period.
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#227546 Mar 6, 2013
<quoted text>Eloquent as your statement is, it completely ignores the fact that societies from the dawn of recorded history have deemed self-defense a viable reason for killing. In many instances, abortion is self-defense - and no matter how eloquent you are, you will never convince me that I chose poorly when I chose to save my own life with one. That choice MUST remain legal. Period.
Amen to that, sister!

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2012070...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 min Rosa_Winkel 104,713
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min marge 641,622
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 12 min ROCCO 38,289
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 22 min Ricky F 618,404
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 33 min bad bob 182,292
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 45 min MUQ2 280,900
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 49 min MUQ2 44,395
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr bacon hater 969,979
More from around the web