“Cleaning Up Christianity ”

Since: Jan 13

Topix Badlands

#227116 Jan 24, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm, if the OT is purely man made, then the whole point is moot, none of it is real. And the accuracy of the NT is debatable. Except that you would lose. Some of the books of the NT are forgeries, created to push a certain point of view by using the name of an already known author. Example: the Pastorals of Paul were not written by Paul.
However, my main point is that IF the OT is any any degree "real", then it follows by inexorable logic that the claims of the NT MUST be false. So either the OT is real and the NT is man made, or they are both man made. There is not viable third option.
<quoted text>
But to worship the God of the Bible, you MUST be a Jew. There is no other way. Or you can stay a Gentile and worship the Gods of your ancestors.
<quoted text>
Except he was not a god. His mortal birth mother and his mortal birth father were both Jews, and he lived and died a Jew and in between, he preached Judaism.
<quoted text>
Well, a sheep, certainly...
(Yes, that was a joke, not an ad hominim attack)
According to the Bible, the only savior that the children of Israel ever had or needed was YHVH. Gentiles never needed any such savior since we are without sin (in the sense of violating the commandments of the Bible - they only apply to the children of Israel).
Why do you attempt to make something so simple so complex. Jesus tried to reach all mentalities. This just sums it up so neatly:

Matt. 18:3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Except ye be converted. The Revised Version translates, Except ye turn, which is correct. The Greek word strepho translated in the Common Version be converted is found in the New Testament in the active voice in every instance but one, and means to turn. It means something that the subject is to do, not something that is to be done for him.

Become as little children. Humble, teachable and free from selfish ambition, like little children.

Ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Instead of discussing who should be greatest in the kingdom of heaven, they had better inquire whether they were going to get in at all. People's NT

Topix Badlands

#227117 Jan 24, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Reality is not a popularity contest. I would remind you that at various times, people also believed that the Earth is flat, that lightning was Thor killing giants, or that filth had nothing to do with disease, since disease was a curse from the Gods.
What we believe of the present or past is not nearly as relevant as our focus on the future. The eternal one.
Ozk

Plattsburg, MO

#227118 Jan 24, 2013
The catholic church put in abortion to get rid of non-catholics e.g. ethnic cleanse the land.

Total fact.

Topix Badlands

#227119 Jan 24, 2013
Ozk wrote:
The catholic church put in abortion to get rid of non-catholics e.g. ethnic cleanse the land.
Total fact.
What did they put it in? Abortion has been common since biblical times. Some people believe the same thing of Aids. The Catholic Church is not our Gov. If you recall, they are headquartered in Rome. Laws are written by man and apply to particular countries, states, counties, and municipalities. God's Law and mans law are not the same thing.

Topix Badlands

#227120 Jan 24, 2013
Hey, if anybody has the beer I've got the peanuts.
Adam and Steve

Kansas City, MO

#227121 Jan 24, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't tell people what they must believe. But your are quite wrong. Eternity is a long time to be mistaken.((Hugs))
of, Janitor. Lets talk God vs Alien. When Jesus walked on water the world was flat? Now, we know there are to many galaxies to comprehend. So, if God in all his infinite wisdom talked to and told the Bible makers what to write, why wasnt that mentioned? That's pretty important. Maybe, this God/Devil, Heaven/Hell, Adam/ Eve,....its all BS! The Bible just does not seem believable. To many errors and misinformation It fits the time frame it was made up in. Now, fast forward 3054......Humans quit believing the Bible story centuries ago when the creators, Advanced Alien Beings let the primitive human animal into their realm. Now instead of a flat world the truth of how everything was created emerges.....Intelligent Beings of advanced alien life forms are the human beings masters..........now they can move forward and quit living on a flat world.
Klink

Plattsburg, MO

#227122 Jan 24, 2013
What did they put it in? Abortion has been common since biblical times. Some people believe the same thing of Aids. The Catholic Church is not our Gov. If you recall, they are headquartered in Rome. Laws are written by man and apply to particular countries, states, counties, and municipalities. God's Law and mans law are not the same thing.

The Rc is not biblical and does not operate under any such biblical law. The pope has what they call temporal rule over all nations on earth since the Spanish Inquisition. The papal knights then rule countries, including the SCOTUS.

The first abortion laws in modern times (since the end of the holy roman empire) were put in Russia by the same in 1920.

The heathen would sacrifice children during biblical times. But today like immigration abortion is an agenda from Rome to replace us all.
-
"The Soviet
Union was the first country to legalize abortion, in 1920"
www.reuters.com/article/2011/11/08/russia-abo...

The RC put in the Bolsheviks into Russia to do the same to the Orthodox.

Topix Badlands

#227123 Jan 24, 2013
Adam and Steve wrote:
<quoted text>of, Janitor. Lets talk God vs Alien. When Jesus walked on water the world was flat? Now, we know there are to many galaxies to comprehend. So, if God in all his infinite wisdom talked to and told the Bible makers what to write, why wasnt that mentioned? That's pretty important. Maybe, this God/Devil, Heaven/Hell, Adam/ Eve,....its all BS! The Bible just does not seem believable. To many errors and misinformation It fits the time frame it was made up in. Now, fast forward 3054......Humans quit believing the Bible story centuries ago when the creators, Advanced Alien Beings let the primitive human animal into their realm. Now instead of a flat world the truth of how everything was created emerges.....Intelligent Beings of advanced alien life forms are the human beings masters..........now they can move forward and quit living on a flat world.
All I can say is that Christ held me in His arms and showed me something different. It was all I needed. I've known him since before I could talk or become indoctrinated. He came to me, I didn't come to Him. Does that make me any better than you? Absolutely not. It just gives me the promise of an eternal reward. The same one you may be entitled to.
nemesis

Kansas City, MO

#227125 Jan 24, 2013
<quoted text>
All I can say is that Christ held me in His arms and showed me something different. It was all I needed. I've known him since before I could talk or become indoctrinated. He came to me, I didn't come to Him. Does that make me any better than you? Absolutely not. It just gives me the promise of an eternal reward. The same one you may be entitled to.
Sure, and L.Ron Hubbard believed that he is coming back soon. They keep his slippers by his bed and put dished out every night waiting for his return.....? Ever think that being that was holding you was an alien being.......After all, they did make humans believe they are Gods. Humans are not capable of comprehending the fact that God is a character in the Bible. Like Santa and the Easter Bunny.....see. Besides, no human that has truly died has never come back. I'm sure a lot of people you know have died......nope, no shows. I have had dreams of my dead family members, brain recall, not real.Your mind can recall everything in life, everything. It stores it away. And, in moments of stress, crisis and pain it is recalled. All the Bible study, all the images of this God are recalled, not real, imagined. LRH is a fruit loop!!!
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#227126 Jan 24, 2013
So, abortion topic quickly turns to...the validity of religion?

Topix Badlands

#227127 Jan 24, 2013
nemesis wrote:
<quoted text>Sure, and L.Ron Hubbard believed that he is coming back soon. They keep his slippers by his bed and put dished out every night waiting for his return.....? Ever think that being that was holding you was an alien being.......After all, they did make humans believe they are Gods. Humans are not capable of comprehending the fact that God is a character in the Bible. Like Santa and the Easter Bunny.....see. Besides, no human that has truly died has never come back. I'm sure a lot of people you know have died......nope, no shows. I have had dreams of my dead family members, brain recall, not real.Your mind can recall everything in life, everything. It stores it away. And, in moments of stress, crisis and pain it is recalled. All the Bible study, all the images of this God are recalled, not real, imagined. LRH is a fruit loop!!!
Who the heck was talking about Ron Hubbard? Sorry, I don't keep up with religion and evangelists. I just follow the path my Savior set before me. Follow whatever path you wish. Just remember, I have just as much right to my belief as you do to yours.
America Woman poet

Laguna Beach, CA

#227129 Jan 25, 2013
roadrunner48808 wrote:
<quoted text>
This person choice to have an abortion. It was her choice, no one elses. Sad that she made the wrong choice for herself.
I authored this poem. You are wrong. It was not my choice to abort. I was a minor and had no control over the decision. Please don't judge who you do not know.

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#227131 Jan 25, 2013
Don't Give Up - Sanctus Real

&li st=PLDDBF3DB6AB3D47EC

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#227132 Jan 25, 2013
Show Your Love Now!
Ex 20:8-11, Is 58:13-14, Lk 4:16, Heb 10:19-25

'...He has commanded us to love one another...' 2 John 1:6

Each morning pray:'Lord, whether or not I get anything else done, help me to spend this day loving You and loving others, because that's what Your Word says life is all about.' If you do that, you'll treat those around you more graciously. And people will notice it. You'll start winning in areas where you've lost. The more time you give to someone, the more you reveal their importance to you. It's not enough to tell them they're important, you must prove it by investing in them. The best way to spell love is T-I-M-E. Love is not what you think or feel about others; no, it's how much you give of yourself to them. Men in particular struggle with this. They say,'I don't understand my wife and children. I provide everything they need. What more could they want?' They want you! They want your attention! Love concentrates so intently on another that it forgets itself. This kind of attention says,'I value you enough to give you my most precious asset--my time.' Why is now the best time to express your love? Because you don't know how long you'll have the opportunity to do so. Circumstances change, people die, children grow up. The truth is, you've no guarantee of tomorrow. If you want to express your love, you'd better do it now. So, who do you need to start spending more time with? What do you need to cut out of your schedule to make that possible? The best use of life is love, the best expression of love is time, and the best time to show love is now.
The Word for Today UCB

Third Day - Your Love Oh Lord

http://www.youtube.com/watch ...

Amen <3

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Bridgeport, OH

#227133 Jan 25, 2013
The Advocate wrote:
Unfortunately, many people feel their religious beliefs (which sadly are the only foundation for any of their other beliefs) should be enforced on everyone else. They use "god" as a reason as to why they think abortion should not be permissible.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#227135 Jan 25, 2013
<quoted text>
I don't tell people what they must believe. But your are quite wrong. Eternity is a long time to be mistaken.((Hugs))
Jeremiah 3:12 ...I am merciful, saith the LORD, and I will not keep anger for ever.

Eternal punishment is a myth.
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#227136 Jan 25, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, many people feel their religious beliefs (which sadly are the only foundation for any of their other beliefs) should be enforced on everyone else. They use "god" as a reason as to why they think abortion should not be permissible.
Unfortunately. Religion can be used to express certain ideals but religion shouldn't be allowed to interfere in matters that do not concern them, health being a very prominent one. That being said, abortion isn't about killing fetuses -- abortion is about avoiding mothers bringing up unwanted babies (being unable to provide for them) that will later most likely grow up to be criminals, avoiding situations in pregnancies that can kill the mother or seriously damage the fetus, avoiding having to bear a child born from rape, and avoiding the tragedy of teen parenting.

Abortion wouldn't even be such a controversy if people even gave a damn about sex education, it would be a last resort! But instead people shunt valuable education aside and then shite hits the fan.

#227137 Jan 25, 2013
<quoted text>
What we believe of the present or past is not nearly as relevant as our focus on the future. The eternal one.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"

Perhaps more to the point, by remaining ignorant of history, you can only focus on a fantasy future that is not based on reality.

#227138 Jan 25, 2013
The Advocate wrote:
Well, in a large measure, any debate on abortion involves the value of the human potential that is present in the fetus. If the fetus were fully a person, with a soul and all of that, then abortion would be wrong except for the health of the mother. On the other hand, since both logic and religion show that the fetus does NOT have a soul, then abortion has no intrinsic moral dimension and it is purely a matter of the woman's choice.

Regarding the fetus and the soul, it should be intuitively obvious to the most casual observer that the fetus cannot possibly possess a soul before birth, simply based on the numbers. By far, the vast majority of fertilized eggs do not reach live birth - even for a woman who dearly wishes to have a child, receiving the best medical care available on the planet. That is not the action of a benevolent Deity.

Moving to specifics, since America is largely a nation of people who use the Bible as a basis for their religious beliefs, we can examine what it has to say on the matter. The only mention of abortion (Exodus 21:22-23) shows that the God of the Bible has no problem with abortion.

Obviously, some people do not believe in the existence of the soul. As such, any argument based on the soul would be a moot point for them. But then, I am not aware of many atheists opposing abortion...

#227139 Jan 25, 2013
<quoted text>
Who the heck was talking about Ron Hubbard? Sorry, I don't keep up with religion and evangelists. I just follow the path my Savior set before me. Follow whatever path you wish. Just remember, I have just as much right to my belief as you do to yours.
L.Ron Hubbard invented the cult of $cientology, just like Paul invented Christianity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Bongo 775,461
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min eyeful 559,552
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min Aura Mytha 265,161
Moses never existed 11 min Khatru 756
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 14 min eyeful 175,660
« ELECTROL▄X ( 2O2 8O OI ) ELECTROLUX « Sariye... 14 min electrofersen 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 32 min eyeful 605,034
More from around the web