There is Everything Wrong with Abortion

“Cleaning Up Christianity ”

Since: Jan 13

Topix Badlands

#227043 Jan 20, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that as a believer, you cannot fathom that someone could exist without a belief system such as yours, but that doesn't make it an accurate portrayal of nonbelievers. I thought for a short while in my life that there was a god. Then I realized it was all bunk. It is elitist and prejudicial of you to think that in order to be happy, one has to have the belief in a higher power. But, that's all you can conceive of, so it's not really your fault, I guess.
I think no such thing. Since I have only posted once here, it is quite narcissistic and arrogant of you to derive that meaning from my brief post and scripture. You have a huge chip on your shoulder. It'll get heavier.

This world is but a blink of the eye compared to what God has planned for those that love Him and whose names are written in the Book of Life. Enjoy your time here, I'll resume mine at a level of perfection eternally.

\_

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

United States

#227044 Jan 20, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
I think no such thing. Since I have only posted once here, it is quite narcissistic and arrogant of you to derive that meaning from my brief post and scripture. You have a huge chip on your shoulder. It'll get heavier.
This world is but a blink of the eye compared to what God has planned for those that love Him and whose names are written in the Book of Life. Enjoy your time here, I'll resume mine at a level of perfection eternally.
\_
Hmm, narcissistic. It seems to me your feeling that those who believe in god are somehow above everyone else seems to fit that bill.

The thing is, you people can't comprehend being a nonbeliever. You see not believing in god some kind of rebellion or reaction to a tragedy. It's not. It's the careful consideration of all the history, science and inconsistencies and contradictions of many religions. There are more than 700 inconsistencies in the Christian bible. You can choose to ignore that if you like, that is certainly your choice and I wouldn't begrudge anyone for needing religion in their lives. It's a personal choice. But when you try and condemn, belittle or berate someone for not believing as you do, then that's when I have a problem, but you of course see it as a "chip on my shoulder." The reality of it is is that I'm not letting people like you bully or scare others into belief.

If you really think about part of your statement and what it implies, you are absolutely guilty of this. You are basically like a little kid taunting someone else because "my eternal life is better than yours will be"...lol. Don't you see how ridiculous you sound? You're also trying to imply that I need to worry about some eternal life. I don't BELIEVE in eternal life, so why would I worry about it?

Honestly, I'm sad for people like you who are so narrow-minded and closed off. I don't live in constant fear of not pleasing some higher being like you do, so it seems like the burden is on your shoulders, not mine. But you keep on telling people they're wrong and condemning or judging them for your beliefs. Your religion definitely tells you to do that (eyeroll).
Doctor REALITY

Malvern, AR

#227046 Jan 20, 2013
Abortion is MURDER!!!

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#227047 Jan 20, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>Try to wrap your head around hypothetical scenarios. If people attribute all good things to god, say when he or it or whatever intervenes that it is a miracle and claim he does intervene, then one could say that god allowed to have children die. I'm not sure why you can't understand this concept.

I don't blame god for the shootings because I don't believe there is a god. I blame the person responsible for killing those children for their deaths. He is really the only person who should be blamed. But some people who are irrational will call it an act of Satan or blame it on some "evil." What really happened what that a mentally disturbed young man went nuts. It's unfortunate, but it happens. Hopefully people will become more aware of mental illness and those children will not have died in vain.

I think you're lying when you say you don't judge someone based on their beliefs (or lack thereof). You're right - we are humans. And humans judge one another. Whether you do it silently or outwardly, you do judge.
When you put it that way it seems I misunderstood your post, I apologise. Please don't assume what I may or may not judge. I was an Atheist for longer than I've been a Christian and if my personal experiences have taught me anything it's that nothing is ever black and white and no one is as they seem. To judge a person on an anonymous forum, to me, would be futile. All we can do is take words as they are written and ask questions if something is not understood. If I have offended you in any way, I am sorry, it was not my intention.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#227048 Jan 20, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>Just because you want to read a certain kind of intonation doesn't mean it's there. I'm not angry about anything, but I am passionate about my opinions. I'm sorry you can't differentiate between the two, but as I said before, that's your problem, not mine.
Fair enough.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#227049 Jan 20, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>Then why are you? Me thinks you like to argue...
I like having discussions, I too am passionate about my beliefs and I thought your posts were rational and wanted to talk to you, I just didn't understand a couple of things which is why I asked. If I wanted to mindlessly argue, there are plenty of threads I could be in, crawling with childish nonsense.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#227050 Jan 20, 2013
<quoted text>I think no such thing. Since I have only posted once here, it is quite narcissistic and arrogant of you to derive that meaning from my brief post and scripture. You have a huge chip on your shoulder. It'll get heavier.

\_
Janitor of The Lord? How'd that come about? If you don't mind me asking..:)

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#227051 Jan 20, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Abortion is MURDER!!!
Hi Doc :D you just asked for trouble... I shall pray for you <3

Topix Badlands

#227052 Jan 20, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Janitor of The Lord? How'd that come about? If you don't mind me asking..:)
Well, as you can see, this is a new sock. My other one had a hole in it. HaHa. I was posting a few months ago with a Christian avatar and a nonbeliever was mocking me and saying he'd sweep me out because he was a janitor of the Lord. I asked him if I could use that and he said he sure wasn't going to. He was banned within days for things not associated with me.

So the other day I felt like changing "outfits" and designed this one. I was about to leave Topix again anyway. It's nothing but ruled by bullies, stalkers, and gangs of trolls anymore. Forums are dying quickly.

I am the Lord's janitor.... All I do is wipe the windows a bit, so you can see out for yourself.

\_(That's my sweeper) lol

Topix Badlands

#227053 Jan 20, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Abortion is MURDER!!!
Please show scripture that speaks of abortion. Please show in the Bible exactly what and when something is considered murder. Is killing in war murder? Is suicide murder? Is killing in self-defense murder? Is carrying out the death sentence murder? Is pulling life-support murder?

It is not within your power to decide. That is only the right of the Law Maker and Heavenly Father God or the law makers of our country that we must adhere to in a secular fashion.

You cannot add to God's Word. It is not stated as such in God's word.

Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

\_

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#227054 Jan 20, 2013
<quoted text>Well, as you can see, this is a new sock. My other one had a hole in it. HaHa. I was posting a few months ago with a Christian avatar and a nonbeliever was mocking me and saying he'd sweep me out because he was a janitor of the Lord. I asked him if I could use that and he said he sure wasn't going to. He was banned within days for things not associated with me.

So the other day I felt like changing "outfits" and designed this one. I was about to leave Topix again anyway. It's nothing but ruled by bullies, stalkers, and gangs of trolls anymore. Forums are dying quickly.

I am the Lord's janitor.... All I do is wipe the windows a bit, so you can see out for yourself.

\_(That's my sweeper) lol
Lmao! Don't leave! We need more lovely people! That reminds me of when I first joined and was called a 'jackassss for Jesus' so I chose a cheeky Donkey from Shrek avatar. Good work sweeping :D
Many Blessings and love hearts <3
Ps
Leave if you want you don't have to listen to me, lol, can't say I blame you but I got me a sword ;D

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#227055 Jan 20, 2013
<quoted text>Please show scripture that speaks of abortion. Please show in the Bible exactly what and when something is considered murder. Is killing in war murder? Is suicide murder? Is killing in self-defense murder? Is carrying out the death sentence murder? Is pulling life-support murder?

It is not within your power to decide. That is only the right of the Law Maker and Heavenly Father God or the law makers of our country that we must adhere to in a secular fashion.

Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

\_
Amen <3
{*told ya Doc*}
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#227056 Jan 20, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Doc :D you just asked for trouble... I shall pray for you <3
dr reality is 100% right
ABORTION IS MURDER OF FIRST DAY FETUS HUMAN LIFE
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#227057 Jan 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Please show scripture that speaks of abortion. Please show in the Bible exactly what and when something is considered murder. Is killing in war murder? Is suicide murder? Is killing in self-defense murder? Is carrying out the death sentence murder? Is pulling life-support murder?
\_
FIRST you clean your brain

1?thou shall not kill.....this is God comandment,
means also in ancient fasion meaning-1 st day of living fetus inside of mother womb-removing this fetus is commiting murder on this living fetus-according to an ancient law of Gods Love
and 5 th comandment,also Jesus 2 commandments and Bible clearly is against your stupif janitorial cleanings,
at first clean your perverted mind,and don't make sex if you are not ready to be resonsible for new life

what christianity is doing past 2000 years,they bear responsibilty before God and end is going to be for them very horible

personaly I despise this worldwide devil christianity and their laws,
also despise those who try to be more smart from GOD GIVER OF LIFE

first day of fetus inside of mother womb is day of birthday according to moral law of ancient Gods laws,

not after 9 months first birth to this earthly hostile enviroment

so?
stupid ones never learn and die like skunks with constant vagina cancer from removing natural fluids of human life

good night

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#227058 Jan 20, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>dr reality is 100% right
ABORTION IS MURDER OF FIRST DAY FETUS HUMAN LIFE
Legally it's not murder. I don't disagree with your views Doc luv, I only warned you because I got chewed up here for stating "killing is killing" and for stating that by 5 weeks of gestation the heart is beating therefore an unborn baby is a human. Someone even suggested that eating meat is equal to abortion. Gotta be careful here Doc ;D
Bless You and lots of love hearts.

“Ignore the trolls”

Since: Oct 08

Southampton, UK

#227059 Jan 21, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Abortion is MURDER!!!
Sadly for you, capital letters and repeated exclamation marks do not make a lie true. Abortion is legal, murder is not, ergo, abortion is not murder. Tricky this thing called logic, ain't it.

“Ignore the trolls”

Since: Oct 08

Southampton, UK

#227060 Jan 21, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
FIRST you clean your brain
1?thou shall not kill.....this is God comandment,
means also in ancient fasion meaning-1 st day of living fetus inside of mother womb-removing this fetus is commiting murder on this living fetus-according to an ancient law of Gods Love
and 5 th comandment,also Jesus 2 commandments and Bible clearly is against your stupif janitorial cleanings,
at first clean your perverted mind,and don't make sex if you are not ready to be resonsible for new life
what christianity is doing past 2000 years,they bear responsibilty before God and end is going to be for them very horible
personaly I despise this worldwide devil christianity and their laws,
also despise those who try to be more smart from GOD GIVER OF LIFE
first day of fetus inside of mother womb is day of birthday according to moral law of ancient Gods laws,
not after 9 months first birth to this earthly hostile enviroment
so?
stupid ones never learn and die like skunks with constant vagina cancer from removing natural fluids of human life
good night
Still posting a load of bull - good to see that along with taxes and death, there is a third certainty - you will post rubbish.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Walled Lake, MI

#227061 Jan 21, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I like having discussions, I too am passionate about my beliefs and I thought your posts were rational and wanted to talk to you, I just didn't understand a couple of things which is why I asked. If I wanted to mindlessly argue, there are plenty of threads I could be in, crawling with childish nonsense.
Tis the trend of most people to be argumentative. Myself included. I would say to some degree that anyone who comes onto a public forum such as this to discuss this specific topic isn't here to necessarily observe but to take part in a discussion. And since this is a topic many people are passionate about, you're going to run into strong opinions. A strong opinion is what I have, about this and many other subjects. But no, there is no anger. I just have convictions and I hold by them. Yes, there may have been a misunderstanding because I certainly don't blame any higher being for anything. Nor do I give it any credit. Because I don't believe in it. But it baffles me how people can give credit to some higher deity, and even go as far to say he/it/she/whatever intervenes sometimes, resulting in a miracle. If that thought process is true, then logically and rationally, there would have to be attribution of the bad things that happens as well, or at least an admission that IF god CAN intervene, and doesn't, that he chose to allow something like the Sandy Hook shooting to happen.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Walled Lake, MI

#227062 Jan 21, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I also wanted to say you're a rare breed...an atheist who became a Christian. I have to ask, did you grow up an atheist or were you a Christian-turned-athesit-turne d-Christian? I am by no means saying it is impossible for anyone who is/was an atheist to find religion, but I do admit I find it surprising. For me personally, believing in god would be the same as me believing in Santa Claus. I'd like to know how your turnabout came about.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Walled Lake, MI

#227063 Jan 21, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Legally it's not murder. I don't disagree with your views Doc luv, I only warned you because I got chewed up here for stating "killing is killing" and for stating that by 5 weeks of gestation the heart is beating therefore an unborn baby is a human. Someone even suggested that eating meat is equal to abortion. Gotta be careful here Doc ;D
Bless You and lots of love hearts.
You also have to be careful of asserting that an embryo is human. You'll not find anyone on here that disagrees with you. The debate is whether or not a human embryo qualifies as a PERSON or an individual who is entitled to rights. Government-wise, the United States government does not recognize an embryo as such. A fetus that has yet to be born is not assigned a social security number. There is no death certificate issued if it dies in utero. You cannot claim a fetus on your taxes as a dependent. Etc. Etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 16 min Stilgar Fifrawi 865,857
News GOP hopefuls take on illegal immigration in deb... 19 min Quirky 4
Christianity is fading away... 50 min Great Day of Arma... 9
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr Burke Devlin 6,563
Why the lottery is SO EVIL 1 hr Ray of Reason 5
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 177,618
I never knew love like that before 1 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 2
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 272,439
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 2,074
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Padtrick Daniels 600,163
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) Sun andy 45
More from around the web