Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Infiniti04 wrote:
<quoted text>Great! Life is good and I am blessed. I chime in every once in a while, which is why i took so long to respond to that one. I usually only do this when I'm on temporary duty, and that's what I'm doing now, so I thought that I would jump on here for a few days. I'm simply amazed that "the usuals" are still here without skipping a beat, yet they scream that they have real lives. LMAO How are you?
Blessed my friend, glad to year that all is well in your world also.

Peace.

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>They contain such anger and contradictions because "intelligence" really has nothing to do with her reasoning.
I see that. Probably better not to bother. <3

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>Her posts don't contain any anger or contradictions, at least not to people who 1) have reasonable reading comprehension skills, 2) aren't simply looking to pick a fight and 3) have an open mind.
Uh huh...

“Cleaning Up Christianity ”

Since: Jan 13

Topix Badlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're foolish to believe that someone has to be bitter to not believe in god. I'm probably one of the happiest-go-lucky people I know. I love life, I love my friends and family. I just don't need to attribute all the good things in my life to something that doesn't exist. It's call intelligence. You should look into it.
I believe you. I know many healthy, wealthy, wise, and temporarily happy non-believers. There is a reason for that, and it is found in God's Word:

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.+1 John 2:15+

“Becoming a better me!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh huh...
LOL. I now see why Aussies aren't known for their ability to articulate intelligent sentences!

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>LOL. I now see why Aussies aren't known for their ability to articulate intelligent sentences!
Only with intelligent people. Thanks for taking the time to insult me, much appreciated, it tells me all I need to know.
nott

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

There is a pill for everything...right?

“Becoming a better me!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Only with intelligent people. Thanks for taking the time to insult me, much appreciated, it tells me all I need to know.
One could say the same thing about the many people, including MPNF that you've insulted.

Hypocrite much?

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>
One could say the same thing about the many people, including MPNF that you've insulted.
Hypocrite much?
I asked questions and told her/him how her posts were coming across because I was trying to understand her/his point of view, have a rational discussion. The closest thing to an insult I wrote was;'if topix is anything to go by I'm not covinced that America's God hating gunnut mentality has anything to do with God, not a direct insult to her/him but a generalisation based on observation made to state my point, topix is not a friendly place and I'm not the only newcomer who has made that observation, if someone says that God does not exist, it makes no sense to blame Him for anything, to me, which is why I was trying to understand. An insult would have looked very different. Now I'm wondering why you're so concerned with speaking to me considering you seem to think that I am an un-intelligible hypocrite, which is just the latest insult I've copped from you. Is Lawest right? Is it pointless to attempt discussing anything here due to "lack of intelligence"? Are you going to parrot my words back at me again or the typical troll handbook response? Did you comprehend what I wrote? Time will tell I guess.

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

"Hypocrite much?"
Some 13 year old.
Kids! Stay in School!

“Becoming a better me!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked questions and told her/him how her posts were coming across because I was trying to understand her/his point of view, have a rational discussion. The closest thing to an insult I wrote was;'if topix is anything to go by I'm not covinced that America's God hating gunnut mentality has anything to do with God, not a direct insult to her/him but a generalisation based on observation made to state my point, topix is not a friendly place and I'm not the only newcomer who has made that observation, if someone says that God does not exist, it makes no sense to blame Him for anything, to me, which is why I was trying to understand. An insult would have looked very different. Now I'm wondering why you're so concerned with speaking to me considering you seem to think that I am an un-intelligible hypocrite, which is just the latest insult I've copped from you. Is Lawest right? Is it pointless to attempt discussing anything here due to "lack of intelligence"? Are you going to parrot my words back at me again or the typical troll handbook response? Did you comprehend what I wrote? Time will tell I guess.
Your post directly after this one answers all of your pseudo-questions quite well.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem with anyone expressing their opinion. I'm merely trying to understand as your posts come across as very angry. You say you cannot hate what you don't believe in yet in the post I responded to, you blamed God for the shootings? Why would you blame something like that on that which you don't believe exists? I don't judge you based on what you believe, we are all humans. I often get abused on topix just for my faith so I don't think beliefs alone are any reason to discount someone's opinion.
Try to wrap your head around hypothetical scenarios. If people attribute all good things to god, say when he or it or whatever intervenes that it is a miracle and claim he does intervene, then one could say that god allowed to have children die. I'm not sure why you can't understand this concept.

I don't blame god for the shootings because I don't believe there is a god. I blame the person responsible for killing those children for their deaths. He is really the only person who should be blamed. But some people who are irrational will call it an act of Satan or blame it on some "evil." What really happened what that a mentally disturbed young man went nuts. It's unfortunate, but it happens. Hopefully people will become more aware of mental illness and those children will not have died in vain.

I think you're lying when you say you don't judge someone based on their beliefs (or lack thereof). You're right - we are humans. And humans judge one another. Whether you do it silently or outwardly, you do judge.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a fair point. There's just one thing that doesn't mesh with what you said, why do your posts contain so much anger and contradictions?
Just because you want to read a certain kind of intonation doesn't mean it's there. I'm not angry about anything, but I am passionate about my opinions. I'm sorry you can't differentiate between the two, but as I said before, that's your problem, not mine.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> They contain such anger and contradictions because "intelligence" really has nothing to do with her reasoning.
Says the person who can't decide if the god he believes in is omnipotent or not.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I see that. Probably better not to bother. <3
Then why are you? Me thinks you like to argue...

“Ignorance is bliss.”

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you. I know many healthy, wealthy, wise, and temporarily happy non-believers. There is a reason for that, and it is found in God's Word:
Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.+1 John 2:15+
I understand that as a believer, you cannot fathom that someone could exist without a belief system such as yours, but that doesn't make it an accurate portrayal of nonbelievers. I thought for a short while in my life that there was a god. Then I realized it was all bunk. It is elitist and prejudicial of you to think that in order to be happy, one has to have the belief in a higher power. But, that's all you can conceive of, so it's not really your fault, I guess.

“Cleaning Up Christianity ”

Since: Jan 13

Topix Badlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that as a believer, you cannot fathom that someone could exist without a belief system such as yours, but that doesn't make it an accurate portrayal of nonbelievers. I thought for a short while in my life that there was a god. Then I realized it was all bunk. It is elitist and prejudicial of you to think that in order to be happy, one has to have the belief in a higher power. But, that's all you can conceive of, so it's not really your fault, I guess.
I think no such thing. Since I have only posted once here, it is quite narcissistic and arrogant of you to derive that meaning from my brief post and scripture. You have a huge chip on your shoulder. It'll get heavier.

This world is but a blink of the eye compared to what God has planned for those that love Him and whose names are written in the Book of Life. Enjoy your time here, I'll resume mine at a level of perfection eternally.

\_

“Ignorance is bliss.”

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
I think no such thing. Since I have only posted once here, it is quite narcissistic and arrogant of you to derive that meaning from my brief post and scripture. You have a huge chip on your shoulder. It'll get heavier.
This world is but a blink of the eye compared to what God has planned for those that love Him and whose names are written in the Book of Life. Enjoy your time here, I'll resume mine at a level of perfection eternally.
\_
Hmm, narcissistic. It seems to me your feeling that those who believe in god are somehow above everyone else seems to fit that bill.

The thing is, you people can't comprehend being a nonbeliever. You see not believing in god some kind of rebellion or reaction to a tragedy. It's not. It's the careful consideration of all the history, science and inconsistencies and contradictions of many religions. There are more than 700 inconsistencies in the Christian bible. You can choose to ignore that if you like, that is certainly your choice and I wouldn't begrudge anyone for needing religion in their lives. It's a personal choice. But when you try and condemn, belittle or berate someone for not believing as you do, then that's when I have a problem, but you of course see it as a "chip on my shoulder." The reality of it is is that I'm not letting people like you bully or scare others into belief.

If you really think about part of your statement and what it implies, you are absolutely guilty of this. You are basically like a little kid taunting someone else because "my eternal life is better than yours will be"...lol. Don't you see how ridiculous you sound? You're also trying to imply that I need to worry about some eternal life. I don't BELIEVE in eternal life, so why would I worry about it?

Honestly, I'm sad for people like you who are so narrow-minded and closed off. I don't live in constant fear of not pleasing some higher being like you do, so it seems like the burden is on your shoulders, not mine. But you keep on telling people they're wrong and condemning or judging them for your beliefs. Your religion definitely tells you to do that (eyeroll).
Doctor REALITY

Malvern, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Abortion is MURDER!!!

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>Try to wrap your head around hypothetical scenarios. If people attribute all good things to god, say when he or it or whatever intervenes that it is a miracle and claim he does intervene, then one could say that god allowed to have children die. I'm not sure why you can't understand this concept.

I don't blame god for the shootings because I don't believe there is a god. I blame the person responsible for killing those children for their deaths. He is really the only person who should be blamed. But some people who are irrational will call it an act of Satan or blame it on some "evil." What really happened what that a mentally disturbed young man went nuts. It's unfortunate, but it happens. Hopefully people will become more aware of mental illness and those children will not have died in vain.

I think you're lying when you say you don't judge someone based on their beliefs (or lack thereof). You're right - we are humans. And humans judge one another. Whether you do it silently or outwardly, you do judge.
When you put it that way it seems I misunderstood your post, I apologise. Please don't assume what I may or may not judge. I was an Atheist for longer than I've been a Christian and if my personal experiences have taught me anything it's that nothing is ever black and white and no one is as they seem. To judge a person on an anonymous forum, to me, would be futile. All we can do is take words as they are written and ask questions if something is not understood. If I have offended you in any way, I am sorry, it was not my intention.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 min Stephania 599,718
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Buck Crick 732,368
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 8 min Dr_Zorderz 4,307
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min WasteWater 257,727
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min CunningLinguist 226,126
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 12 min WasteWater 94,595
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 20 min Gray 117,936
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 25 min Seraphima 538,555
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 36 min Strength and Honor 173,251

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••