“Becoming a better me!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#226831 Dec 31, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> And you cannot prove that God is s negative, I know that he is real and don't have to prove it to anyone, you'll discover him in one fashion or the other in his own time, hopefully for you not too late.
Happy New Year to you.
I don't need to PROVE god doesn't exist. I don't believe in him. That's enough for me.

Our point is that since you cannot prove any form of higher power exists, you cannot use it to moderate anyone's behaviour other than your own.

Get it, Sparky?

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

West Bloomfield, MI

#226832 Jan 1, 2013
Lawest wrote:
<quoted text> It's one of the stupidest things that I've ever heard as well as YOU are the one who said that, I didn't. And secondly you Have no proof that he DOES NOT exist as there is more proof that he does by simply looking at creation around you, and it only takes common sense to recognize that something greater than man created it all.
Also God did not make the decision to kill young children, the twisted mind of a madman commit the act..........not God.
Find me where I said I could prove god doesn't exist. I didn't. That's ALWAYS the comeback you people have. So typical. I can't prove he/it doesn't exist any more than you can. But all the evidence in this world and history points toward the fact that MORE than more than likely, god is man-made. No, it's not common sense that something higher has to be responsible for what we see around us. We see science every single day create and destroy. That's what this world is. Science.

And here we come to the good ol' "god didn't do that to those children" argument. You yourself have said that god is so powerful, he can create the world, the people in it and so on. You admit he is omnipotent and omniscient. If he existed, he COULD have prevented that tragedy, right? Because it's in his authority, right? He has the authority to take lives, right? That is, after all, what you said. So if he allowed those children to die, it's because he CHOSE to let them die. After all, if someone almost dies and they're saved, you call it a miracle and thank god for intervening, right? And more so, he's omniscient. I believe the bible even says something along the line about god knows us before we are even born. So god knew that kid was going to grow up to be a psychopath and kill those children. Yet, he did nothing. You can't win this argument. At all. Because no matter what you say, you cannot deny that you believe your god omnipotent. And if you say he isn't, then he's not really the god you make him out to be. And if you carry on about free will, you're still ignoring the fact that god, being omnipotent, COULD have prevented those children from dying and regardless, he has the authority to take those children's souls because he's god - he gives life, he can take it away. And if you admit that god does intervene and cause miracles, then you'd have to admit that god didn't intervene at Sandy Hook and simply chose to look the other way while 20 children were massacred.

You have an unwinnable stance in this debate. But you go ahead and believe whatever makes you feel better at night about the human race. Me? I live in reality. Personally, I feel people like you are mentally ill since you seem to have no grasp on reality.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

West Bloomfield, MI

#226833 Jan 1, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> And you cannot prove that God is s negative, I know that he is real and don't have to prove it to anyone, you'll discover him in one fashion or the other in his own time, hopefully for you not too late.
Happy New Year to you.
hahahaha...I love these "threats" by you Christians. So ridiculous. WHO in the world would want to worship some being who threatens you if you don't believe in him? lol It's like my boyfriend telling me that if I don't love and adore him and do what he says, he's going to beat me and kill me. I wouldn't be so gullible and stupid to love or devote myself to someone who is so hateful.

My favorite part of the bible is when god gave man free will, then punished them all with a flood for not doing what he wanted them to do. Awesome god. Really.

Since: Feb 08

Philadelphia, PA

#226835 Jan 2, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
And M-U-R-D-E-R is of the DEVIL.
Doctor Reality is the TWATWAFFLE OF SATAN.
good wife

San Antonio, TX

#226836 Jan 2, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
Happy New Year to you.
Have you ever seen the movie "Legion" - they are in a diner with the angel Michael and Dennis Quaids character proclaims his disbelief in God and the angel tells him that's okay, he does n't believe in you, either. The look on his face when he receives this news is priceless, however, we all know that God loves all of us - even the NB's and someday they may still come to know Him.
A late Merry Christmas wish for all and a Glorious Happy New Year.

“Becoming a better me!”

Location hidden

#226837 Jan 2, 2013
good wife wrote:
<quoted text>Have you ever seen the movie "Legion" - they are in a diner with the angel Michael and Dennis Quaids character proclaims his disbelief in God and the angel tells him that's okay, he does n't believe in you, either. The look on his face when he receives this news is priceless, however, we all know that God loves all of us - even the NB's and someday they may still come to know Him.
Why would anyone who didn't believe in "god' be upset that "god" didn't believe in him/her??? That does not even make sense!

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

#226838 Jan 2, 2013
mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would anyone who didn't believe in "god' be upset that "god" didn't believe in him/her??? That does not even make sense!
^5

as one who doesn't believe in the tooth fairy or the easter bunny!!!!!!!!!!
cow

United States

#226842 Jan 2, 2013
Moo

“Becoming a better me!”

Location hidden

#226843 Jan 2, 2013
love_spell wrote:
<quoted text>
^5
as one who doesn't believe in the tooth fairy or the easter bunny!!!!!!!!!!
And your point is?????

I don't need an imaginary being to tell me what is right and wrong. Apparently you do.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#226844 Jan 2, 2013
good wife wrote:
<quoted text>Have you ever seen the movie "Legion" - they are in a diner with the angel Michael and Dennis Quaids character proclaims his disbelief in God and the angel tells him that's okay, he does n't believe in you, either. The look on his face when he receives this news is priceless, however, we all know that God loves all of us - even the NB's and someday they may still come to know Him.
Very true. We should always keep them in prayer rather they want us to or not.

Blessings.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#226845 Jan 2, 2013
mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>
And your point is?????
I don't need an imaginary being to tell me what is right and wrong. Appiarently you do.
No one needs a "imaginary being" to tell them what to do, but you still need God rather you can realize that or not.

“Becoming a better me!”

Location hidden

#226846 Jan 2, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> No one needs a "imaginary being" to tell them what to do, but you still need God rather you can realize that or not.
That is your opinion, meaningful only to you.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#226847 Jan 2, 2013
mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>
And a few million others.(C:

“Becoming a better me!”

Location hidden

#226848 Jan 2, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> And a few million others.(C:
Follow the conversation Javert.

You just intimated that a few million people know of my existence.

I sincerely doubt it.

Again, your opinion is valid ONLY to you. I know Christians (as opposed to christians, like you) who vehemently disagree with your representation of the faith.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#226850 Jan 3, 2013
mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>
Follow the conversation Javert.
You just intimated that a few million people know of my existence.
I sincerely doubt it.
Again, your opinion is valid ONLY to you. I know Christians (as opposed to christians, like you) who vehemently disagree with your representation of the faith.
Follow the conversation yourself, you said that my "opinion was valid only to me", when I said 'and a few million others' I was referring to those who believe the gospel..........not those who know YOU. Reading comprehension needed on your part.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Walled Lake, MI

#226851 Jan 3, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> No one needs a "imaginary being" to tell them what to do, but you still need God rather you can realize that or not.
Saying we "need" god isn't the same as us needing it. We're just fine without. You people think that anyone who doesn't believe has something missing from their lives. Why? We are just as happy as the next person, living fulfilling lives, sometimes much more so because we believe in enjoying the moment rather than fantasizing about some hopeful afterlife that we don't know exists. It's the condescension of you people that make you vile and obnoxious.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Walled Lake, MI

#226852 Jan 3, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> And a few million others.(C:
Yeah, that's how the Nazis were able to slaughter millions of innocent people. They justified their disgusting behavior and tolerance of rape and murder because a few million other people felt that way too.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

#226853 Jan 3, 2013
mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>
And your point is?????
I don't need an imaginary being to tell me what is right and wrong. Apparently you do.
i was agreeing with you.

have a nice day

“Becoming a better me!”

Location hidden

#226854 Jan 3, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Follow the conversation yourself, you said that my "opinion was valid only to me", when I said 'and a few million others' I was referring to those who believe the gospel..........not those who know YOU. Reading comprehension needed on your part.
Try again:

No one needs a "imaginary being" to tell them what to do, but you still need God rather you can realize that or not.

and a few million others...

I was referring to your opinion that I need some god...not to your opinion which is valid only to you.

“Becoming a better me!”

Location hidden

#226855 Jan 3, 2013
love_spell wrote:
<quoted text>
i was agreeing with you.
have a nice day
My apologies. For some reason I thought Lawest had posted that. I wondered where it came from!

Again, my apologies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Stilgar Fifrawi 778,356
Looking for Female Yorkie to mate with my male ... (Mar '13) 5 min tammygear 77
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Aquarius-WY 560,502
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 9 min mike 605,342
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 min Rider on the Storm 175,781
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 17 min bacon hater 96,859
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 25 min Pegasus 265,458
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 1 hr yon 4,897
More from around the web