|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not appearing as if she has ANY life of her own.
I agree. She seems fixated on the "bad girl." Maybe she is gay? Maybe she envies bad girl her freedom, sexual and otherwise?

Since: Feb 08

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Solai wrote:
<quoted text>
That's beyond the point, all I'm saying is that her mother disagreed with her decision and was really upset that she posted it on FB...she waited until the 2nd trimester to have the abortion also, she intended to have one of those fetuses.
You are small minded and dumber than a box of Twinkies.

Since: Feb 08

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Solai wrote:
<quoted text>
This wome who would always get abortions, her mother was mad at her for what she did because she wanted a grandchild. She even posted it on FB about getting the last abortion, she didnt have the decency to tell her mom because her mom was mad at for the other fetuses. She had no remorse for what she did...I understand no option is an easy option for some women,and others just don't care.
So do you want to criminalize abortion and force women "who just don't care" to be Mothers?

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Doctor REALITY wrote:
How many of you women who choose to abort your pregnacies would like to stand before Almighty God on Judgement Day and have the Lord bring the soul of the baby you aborted before His Throne so that you and see the soul of the preson you chose to MURDER through abortion??
Silly child, fetuses do not have souls, so it is impossible to murder a fetus.

Also, the God of the Bible does not have any problem with abortion. If He did, there would be a verse in the Torah calling it a sin. There is no such verse. On the other hand, there are several verses that say that it IS a sin to add anything to the list of sins listed in the Torah. Better repent now, and stop making up such lies in the future.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Solai wrote:
<quoted text>
This wome who would always get abortions, her mother was mad at her for what she did because she wanted a grandchild. She even posted it on FB about getting the last abortion, she didnt have the decency to tell her mom because her mom was mad at for the other fetuses. She had no remorse for what she did...I understand no option is an easy option for some women,and others just don't care.
Why should she have any remorse? Remorse is for when you do something wrong, and regret it. The only thing that she should have remose about is her inability to use birth control responsibly.

“Think BIG!”

Since: Dec 12

Imperial Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Nothing in life truly means anything other than the meanings you place upon them....the fact that we are mere electromagnetic energy beings housed in these machines we identify as bodies leaves the gateway open to explore in the possibility that a soul doesn't actually truly arrive in the baby body machine until closer to its scheduled birthdate.

“Becoming a better me!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Many Pro-Birthers have stated that a woman doesn't "have the right" to choose death for her unborn z/e/f.

Yet, they have no issues with the fact that we can choose life for that z/e/f.

Another inconsistency!
Nanack Kenden

Racine, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

mamma-san wrote:
Many Pro-Birthers have stated that a woman doesn't "have the right" to choose death for her unborn z/e/f.
Yet, they have no issues with the fact that we can choose life for that z/e/f.
Another inconsistency!
That's a joke. right?
The poof out of corrie st

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

I think that women should be given a financial reward for aborting their babies. if people keep giving birth at this rate the world will be out of room in 50yrs.

if god was really like the dude in the bible then he wouldnt have let us get in this state.

euthanasia and suicide should also be encouraged.

and everyone should be given a lethal injection at say 75 years old.

“Becoming a better me!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Nanack Kenden wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a joke. right?
No. Not at all.

One of the Pro-Birther arguments is a z/e/f that is aborted has "no choice."

Yet, we leave it no choice when we give birth.

Simple logic.
Nanack Kenden

Racine, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Not at all.
One of the Pro-Birther arguments is a z/e/f that is aborted has "no choice."
Yet, we leave it no choice when we give birth.
Simple logic.
Actually, suicide is always an option for people who wish not to live anymore.

Let's extend your "logic" to other scenarios.

"I want to poison my newborn. It should be my choice."

"Well, what's his choice? Why doesn't he get a say?"

"He's a non-sapient cluster of cells, he can't even conceive of a 'say'. Besides, we're also not taking his opinion into account if we don't poison him."

“Becoming a better me!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Nanack Kenden wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, suicide is always an option for people who wish not to live anymore.
Let's extend your "logic" to other scenarios.
"I want to poison my newborn. It should be my choice."
"Well, what's his choice? Why doesn't he get a say?"
"He's a non-sapient cluster of cells, he can't even conceive of a 'say'. Besides, we're also not taking his opinion into account if we don't poison him."
A living, breathing sentient human being is protected by law. He/She has RIGHTS according to our legal system.

A cluster of cells before a specific point of gestation (dependant upon state) does not.j

It always amazes me when people come up with the "lets murder the baby" argument. It makes NO sense.
Nanack Kenden

Racine, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>
A living, breathing sentient human being is protected by law. He/She has RIGHTS according to our legal system.
A cluster of cells before a specific point of gestation (dependant upon state) does not.j
It always amazes me when people come up with the "lets murder the baby" argument. It makes NO sense.
It always amazes me when pro-aborts mention the fact that infanticide is against the law, whereas abortion is not. Yes. That's the point. We feel that abortion is comparable to infanticide and thus SHOULD be illegal. That's the debate.

A newborn may be "living, breathing, sentient," (just like a zygote/embryo/fetus is living, and very soon breathing and sentient) but so's a dog. So are certain types of plants. A newborn lacks (in the words of Peter Singer, an pro-abort who possesses significantly more intellectual consistency than you) "rationality, autonomy, and self-consciousness".

A newborn is no smarter than a fly (in fact, a fly can care for itself, something a newborn isn't capable of), and when it comes to sheer brainpower it's closer to that "cluster of cells" than it is to you or me.

“Becoming a better me!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Nanack Kenden wrote:
<quoted text>
It always amazes me when pro-aborts mention the fact that infanticide is against the law, whereas abortion is not. Yes. That's the point. We feel that abortion is comparable to infanticide and thus SHOULD be illegal. That's the debate.
A newborn may be "living, breathing, sentient," (just like a zygote/embryo/fetus is living, and very soon breathing and sentient) but so's a dog. So are certain types of plants. A newborn lacks (in the words of Peter Singer, an pro-abort who possesses significantly more intellectual consistency than you) "rationality, autonomy, and self-consciousness".
A newborn is no smarter than a fly (in fact, a fly can care for itself, something a newborn isn't capable of), and when it comes to sheer brainpower it's closer to that "cluster of cells" than it is to you or me.
You have every right to believe that abortion is wrong, and I'll fight to the death for your right to believe as you wish.

By the same token, understand that not everybody believes as you do, and that each woman must make the reproductive decision that is right for her life.

Again, understand the difference between LIVING (anything living) and not able to survive outside a woman's uterus. That applies to dogs, cats, armadillos, and babies.

If it's a cluster of cells, unable to survive outside that woman's uterus for more than a few seconds, then her rights to NOT be pregnant and give birth take precedence.

Doesn't every woman deserve the right to NOT be pregnant and give birth against her will? Don't her rights to life and bodily autonomy supercede that of a zygote or embryo smaller than the head of a pin?

“Becoming a better me!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Please notice that I can state my argument with ad hominem arguments. I'm sorry I can't say the same about you.

“Becoming a better me!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

err... "withOUT ad hominem arguments."

Insomnia sucks :)
Nanack Kenden

Racine, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

1. Our whole bodies are made of cells, and thus could conceivably be called a "cluster" of them. Your wording that I borrowed for fun is just a means of dehumanizing the baby. Even at the earliest stages of development, the zygote is a fairly complex entity.

In fact, since I'm extraordinarily lazy, I'll just copy and paste a big block of text from www.caseforlife.com/evidence.asp :

"Dr. Maureen Condic points out that embryos are living human beings 'precisely because they possess the single defining feature of human life that is lost in the moment of death - the ability to function as a coordinated organism rather than merely as a group of living cells.' Condic, Assistant Professor of Neurobiology and Anatomy at the University of Utah, explains the important distinction between individual parts and whole human embryos overlooked by Bailey:

'The critical difference between a collection of cells and a living organism is the ability of an organism to act in a coordinated manner for the continued health and maintenance of the body as a whole. It is precisely this ability that breaks down at the moment of death, however death might occur. Dead bodies may have plenty of live cells, but their cells no longer function together in a coordinated manner.'"

2. Your mindset should include the legalization of thalidomide. Sure, the baby post-birth would be affected, but the drug itself would be taken within the womb, when according to you the mother has the right to dispose of him as she wishes.

3. "Doesn't every woman deserve the right to NOT be pregnant and give birth against her will? Don't her rights to life and bodily autonomy supercede that of a zygote or embryo smaller than the head of a pin?"

Well she could not have sex (or just use contraception). If you choose to do something that you know carries the risk of pregnancy, you have to bear the consequences.

4. You seem to have tacitly admitted that under your system of morals, a fly (or a dog, or an armadillo, or even a tree) has more rights than a 16-week old embryo.

5. Out of curiosity, if a baby was born prematurely and was forced to go on a respirator, would it be okay to pull the plug? Its a mindless, non-sentient, non-sapient bulge of tissue that doesn't perceive its surroundings, lacks a will to live, a drain on both the hospital and mother, and completely dependent on an artificial machine for life.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Nanack Kenden wrote:
3. "Doesn't every woman deserve the right to NOT be pregnant and give birth against her will? Don't her rights to life and bodily autonomy supercede that of a zygote or embryo smaller than the head of a pin?"
Well she could not have sex (or just use contraception). If you choose to do something that you know carries the risk of pregnancy, you have to bear the consequences.
Ah, so you're another forced birther who thinks a woman who has sex should be PUNISHED with forced pregnancy gestation and birth, even if she never wanted to BE pregnant in the first place. Got it.

But guess what, no matter what YOU believe, NO woman has to stay pregnant and give birth against her will. You should be aware, if your aren't already, that ALL contraceptive methods can and DO fail occasionally. When birth control failure happens and a pregnancy results, the ONLY person who gets to make the choice is the woman who is pregnant. Therefore, if it isn't YOUR pregnancy, it isn't your decision.

Motherhood is OPTIONAL, not required, even if a pregnancy happens. That means a woman can cheerfully opt OUT of motherhood if she doesn't ever want pregnancy or children. And she doesn't have to remain celibate for the rest of her life to avoid unwanted pregnancy either. Don't like it? Too bad. It isn't up to you to make sexual and reproductive decisions for anyone but yourself.
Nanack Kenden

Racine, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, so you're another forced birther who thinks a woman who has sex should be PUNISHED with forced pregnancy gestation and birth, even if she never wanted to BE pregnant in the first place. Got it.
But guess what, no matter what YOU believe, NO woman has to stay pregnant and give birth against her will. You should be aware, if your aren't already, that ALL contraceptive methods can and DO fail occasionally. When birth control failure happens and a pregnancy results, the ONLY person who gets to make the choice is the woman who is pregnant. Therefore, if it isn't YOUR pregnancy, it isn't your decision.
Motherhood is OPTIONAL, not required, even if a pregnancy happens. That means a woman can cheerfully opt OUT of motherhood if she doesn't ever want pregnancy or children. And she doesn't have to remain celibate for the rest of her life to avoid unwanted pregnancy either. Don't like it? Too bad. It isn't up to you to make sexual and reproductive decisions for anyone but yourself.
I must SAY, I am amused by your RANDOM capitalization that PERVADES your "reasoning".(I'm also amused by people who insist that the life of a baby is meaningless getting morally indignant about anything.)

I suppose that if a woman doesn't want to be a mother, she can just smother her newborn. And if you object, who the hell are you to make that decision for her? She doesn't have to be the mother, you know.

If a woman wants to minimize her chances of getting pregnant, don't have sex. Sorry to sound like a stick in the mud. Sex without consequences is not a fundamental right endowed by our creator.

The fact that you didn't want or plan for the consequences of your actions does not absolve you from them. Your argument is literally just "If I didn't want it to happen, I shouldn't deal with it." I wonder if that's the defense Ted Kennedy used if he spoke to Mary Jo Kopechne's parents. "Well, you see, I didn't MEAN to drive into the lake and kill your daughter. Well, now that everything's cleared up..."

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

West Bloomfield, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Nanack Kenden wrote:
<quoted text>
I must SAY, I am amused by your RANDOM capitalization that PERVADES your "reasoning".(I'm also amused by people who insist that the life of a baby is meaningless getting morally indignant about anything.)
I suppose that if a woman doesn't want to be a mother, she can just smother her newborn. And if you object, who the hell are you to make that decision for her? She doesn't have to be the mother, you know.
If a woman wants to minimize her chances of getting pregnant, don't have sex. Sorry to sound like a stick in the mud. Sex without consequences is not a fundamental right endowed by our creator.
The fact that you didn't want or plan for the consequences of your actions does not absolve you from them. Your argument is literally just "If I didn't want it to happen, I shouldn't deal with it." I wonder if that's the defense Ted Kennedy used if he spoke to Mary Jo Kopechne's parents. "Well, you see, I didn't MEAN to drive into the lake and kill your daughter. Well, now that everything's cleared up..."
Once you refer to any higher being having anything to do with this process, you've lost credibility. After all, what "creator" would knowingly give the "gift of life" to a woman he knows doesn't want it or can't care for it or will get rid of it. Since he's omniscient and all...

This is a foolish argument. I won't stop having sex just because I might get pregnant any more than I'm going to stop driving a car because I might wreck. What I can do it take precautions, but if I'm about to wreck and can somehow get out of the way in the last minute, I'm sure as hell going to.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 216,121 - 216,140 of221,361
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

631 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min ROCCO 716,312
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 11 min RiccardoFire 36,383
Why do white people try to lie and cover up the... 12 min yon 16
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 13 min ocxz 114,598
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min guest 529,848
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 24 min BenAdam 598,725
Ask Me A Trivia Question -- 2 -- (Mar '10) 30 min B-long 191,414
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 32 min Charlie Sheen 255,652
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 44 min Buck Crick 223,132
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 1 hr Liz 61
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••