There is Everything Wrong with Abortion

“Proverbs 12:16”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#225920 Oct 19, 2012
love_spell wrote:
<quoted text>
let me get this straight.........
two consenting adults, who know they are NOT ready to be parents are being responsible and using birth control. that fails and YOU think [just because you have one set of beliefs] that these people should go ahead with the pregnancy and give birth..........subjecting a baby/child to a possibilty of neglect and abuse???
is that what you are telling us?!
OCTOBER IS NATIONAL DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AWARENESS MONTH
Do you have a peer reviewed study to show a correlation or is this merely unfounded speculation?

Location hidden

#225921 Oct 19, 2012
How does what I do have any impact on the moral implications of killing an innocent human? And who are any of us to deem it's future so miserable that we should snuff out a humans life just as it is starting. Such a position is arrogant.
love_spell wrote:
<quoted text>
not attacking you, just pointing out the facts.
let me ask you something [tho i believe you have been asked before and deflected the answer]
you want all products of conception to be born.
it has been estimated that in a year 1.25 million abortions take place.
so in 4 yrs 5 million babies will be born. it has been estimated that only 1 million will actually be adopted.
leaving 4 million. it has also been estimated that 750,000 of these will have severe birth defects. and another 500,000 will haver mild to moderate birth defects.
so let me ask you, how much more in taxes [assuming you actually work and pay taxes] are you willing to pay? 10%, 20%, 30% 40%????
how many of the 4 million are YOU willing to adopt? how many of the ones with birth defects are YOU willing to foster? spend your time and gas money taking them to their appts. you know, speech, physical, occupational, counseling????
how much time do you spend now, being a mentor to children at risk???

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

#225922 Oct 19, 2012
EMS Servant wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a peer reviewed study to show a correlation or is this merely unfounded speculation?
typical christurd pro life deflection..........

anyone surprised?!

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#225923 Oct 19, 2012
EMS Servant wrote:
How does what I do have any impact on the moral implications of killing an innocent human? And who are any of us to deem it's future so miserable that we should snuff out a humans life just as it is starting. Such a position is arrogant.
<quoted text>
typical pro life christurd deflection. your kind is always consistent. never answer, always deflect and try to force your beliefs on others.

you want them born, but you want nothing to do with the quality of life they will have once born.

Location hidden

#225924 Oct 19, 2012
Here is a page from the National Council on Child Abuse and Family Violence. Further down the page you'll find 5 reasons for child abuse.

http://www.nccafv.org/child.htm

Location hidden

#225925 Oct 19, 2012
Commentary:

1. From a psychological standpoint this occurs as the abuser attempts to recreate their own abuse situation to see if they can change the outcome. This has nothing to do with the child.

2. This can be remedied via parenting education classes. Educating the parents seems far more moral than killing an innocent human.

3. This almost falls in line with number 2. Perhaps some sociolgical/psychological education is in order. Either way education is far more preferable to killing.

4. This is where behavioral health services may be required as well as state/federal supportive services to assist financially. However just because someone have a child and you are not financially stable does not mean they will certainly abuse their child. Support is preferable to killing.

5. This is a given in a variety of abuse situations even when the child is wanted and planned. Substance abuse counciling and treatment certainly sounds like a better solution than killing an innocent human.

“Becoming a better me!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#225926 Oct 19, 2012
EMS Servant wrote:
<quoted text>
Appealing to the hardcases huh?
According to a 2004 study by the Alan Guttmacher Institute the reasons women gave for abortion were:
rape/incest: <0.5%
mother has health problems: 4%
Possible fetal health problems: 3%
unready for responsiblity: 25%
is too immature or young to have a child: 7%
woman's parents want her to have abortion: <0.5%
has problems with relationship or wants to avoid single parenthood: 8%
husband or partner wants her to have abortion: <0.5%
has all the children she wanted or all children are grown: 19%
can't afford baby now: 23%
would interfere with education or career plans: 4%
doesn't want others to know she had relations or is pregnant: <0.5%
other: 6%
So much for relying on the hard cases, they only add up to 7.5% leaving the remaining 92.5 % due to sociological cases.
Besides why would you kill an innocent human as punishment for someone elses crime?
Jane Noe is a good example
http://womensissues.about.com/od/rapesexualas...
Or Shauna Prewitt
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-21918...
I take it you didn't take a debating class? The Daily Mail in the UK is the equivalent of The Enquirer. It is not a reputable source.

“Becoming a better me!”

Location hidden

#225927 Oct 19, 2012
EMS, you have still not answered my question.

Why should a living, breathing, sentient human be forced to be subservient to a cluster of cells in her uterus that cannot survive outside of those conditions?

You are tap dancing all over the place, and NOT answering questions that are at the very crux of this discussion.

Location hidden

#225928 Oct 19, 2012
mamma-san wrote:
EMS, you have still not answered my question.
Why should a living, breathing, sentient human be forced to be subservient to a cluster of cells in her uterus that cannot survive outside of those conditions?
You are tap dancing all over the place, and NOT answering questions that are at the very crux of this discussion.
Because that is a human, not a cluster of cells you keep calling it that even though it has ceased being as much weeks before the earliest that innocent human could be detected. The woman has another human growing inside her a complete organism in the earlier stages of his/her life and what reason is there to deny that innocent human the chance to grow up and live. Because it's existence is a inconvenience to the woman? I don't think that reason is good enough and if you want to try to appeal to the hard cases remember I've already posted statistics on that.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#225929 Oct 19, 2012
EMS Servant wrote:
<quoted text>
According to a 2004 study by the Alan Guttmacher Institute the reasons women gave for abortion were:
So much for relying on the hard cases, they only add up to 7.5% leaving the remaining 92.5 % due to sociological cases.
Besides why would you kill an innocent human as punishment for someone elses crime?
Or Shauna Prewitt
Cut the crap and answer the question, or we'll know you are just another anti-choice troll.

“Becoming a better me!”

Location hidden

#225930 Oct 19, 2012
EMS Servant wrote:
<quoted text>
Because that is a human, not a cluster of cells you keep calling it that even though it has ceased being as much weeks before the earliest that innocent human could be detected. The woman has another human growing inside her a complete organism in the earlier stages of his/her life and what reason is there to deny that innocent human the chance to grow up and live. Because it's existence is a inconvenience to the woman? I don't think that reason is good enough and if you want to try to appeal to the hard cases remember I've already posted statistics on that.
I already asked you to define "inconvenience." You haven't. The fact is that often is far more than "inconvenient." You choose to close your eyes to that though. Why? Because it's "inconvenient" for you to see the truth.

You don't KNOW why a woman makes that decision. Stating that it's because a child might be "inconvenient" is, therefore, a LIE.

And you are judging women whom you've never met, never will, and sadly, make no attempt to even begin to understand the ramifications.

I've been reasonable and haven't attacked you. Yet, here YOU are attacking millions of human beings that you know nothing about, and worse...you are passing judgement on them without knowing them, their circumstances, or their abilities.

Shame on you.

Location hidden

#225931 Oct 19, 2012
So how do you justify killing a innocent human?
mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>
I already asked you to define "inconvenience." You haven't. The fact is that often is far more than "inconvenient." You choose to close your eyes to that though. Why? Because it's "inconvenient" for you to see the truth.
You don't KNOW why a woman makes that decision. Stating that it's because a child might be "inconvenient" is, therefore, a LIE.
And you are judging women whom you've never met, never will, and sadly, make no attempt to even begin to understand the ramifications.
I've been reasonable and haven't attacked you. Yet, here YOU are attacking millions of human beings that you know nothing about, and worse...you are passing judgement on them without knowing them, their circumstances, or their abilities.
Shame on you.

Location hidden

#225932 Oct 19, 2012
Actually...never mind my questions. The important people that need to hear these cases are the lawmakers on capital hill. I can make whatever points I want to make here but it won't make a difference because none of you can change what needs to be changed so you are not worth talking to. Thanks for the practice though...hopefully they will be more civil about it than you folks.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#225933 Oct 19, 2012
EMS Servant wrote:
Actually...never mind my questions. The important people that need to hear these cases are the lawmakers on capital hill. I can make whatever points I want to make here but it won't make a difference because none of you can change what needs to be changed so you are not worth talking to. Thanks for the practice though...hopefully they will be more civil about it than you folks.
concession speech noted.

bye bye, until you come back with a new name. face it, your name changes but your attitude doesn't we can always smell garbage!

thankfully the supreme court is smart enough to know that women want a choice.

“Becoming a better me!”

Location hidden

#225934 Oct 19, 2012
EMS Servant wrote:
So how do you justify killing a innocent human?
<quoted text>
no one has to justify it, especially to you.

“Becoming a better me!”

Location hidden

#225935 Oct 19, 2012
EMS Servant wrote:
I have been 100% civil.

But as I stated, the truth isn't "convenient" to you. So you take your toys and run home to tell your mommy. She'll kiss your boo boos and make it all better.

But know that NOTHING changes the truth:

A woman has options when she finds herself pregnant.

1. Have the child and raise it.
2. Have the child and give it up for adoption.
3. Have an abortion.

And YOU have nothing to say about any of her decisions. A woman cannot be made to be subservient to a cluster of cells in her uterus.

Try preaching to men to be more responsible. That is the best thing you can do to lower the number of abortions.

But I imagine you'll find that truth "inconvenient" too.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

West Bloomfield, MI

#225936 Oct 20, 2012
EMS Servant wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many pregnancies in which those conditions do not occur and they are not the primary reasons for abortion. Just because two people were not responsible or their birth control failed and they do not feel they are ready to take care of a child is not due reason to kill a innocent human.
Wrong. I think that's a great reason to have an abortion. If a woman is a drug addict and knows that she can't stop, PLEASE - have an abortion. If you're smart enough to realize your own limitations and take action to ensure it doesn't get worse, please, take all your options into consideration and make the best decision possible. Unfortunately, that sometimes means having an abortion. More people should take these options into consideration before spewing out more and more kids they can't take care of, don't want, etc. and are killed, abandoned, abused, thrown away, what have you. I'd prefer an abortion to smothering an infant once its born or throwing it away in the trash.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

West Bloomfield, MI

#225937 Oct 20, 2012
EMS Servant wrote:
<quoted text>
Or Shauna Prewitt
That didn't answer her question.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#225938 Oct 21, 2012
EMS Servant wrote:
<quoted text>
Because a innocent human shouldn't be killed based on a matter of convenience.
It is not a human. It is a part of the prospective mother's body.

Can you comprehend the issues that would arise if every pregnant teenager were forced to go through with it? How many children would have to grow up in broken homes because of some antiquated, archaic, and totally biologically unfounded idea? We are not a theocracy, and your religion has no claim on anyone's body.

“Ignorance breeds fear.”

Since: Oct 11

United Kingdom

#225939 Oct 22, 2012
EMS Servant wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me rephrase this question:
Why shouldn't a woman be able to kill a innocent human simply because she feels she doesn't want it?
Because killing innocent humans for simple sociological reasons is wrong. I can understand killing in self defense or war time but this is a innocent human life.
Woah, I thought you were pro-life. Yeah, we can go kill human beings and it doesn't matter, but suddenly we can't abort a foetus. Pro-life people say that life is a gift, but only in certain cases? You do realise how hypocritical you are sounding right now?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Goodbye Obumhola 2 min Big toast 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Gabriel 979,458
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 8 min Neville Thompson 1,100
London TV viewers fixed on trump Inaugural process 18 min truth 4
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 33 min Neville Thompson 286,079
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 36 min truth 92,711
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 52 min truth 667,938
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Sky Writer 31 183,628
More from around the web